It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An Experiment in Alternative Methods of Earthquake Prediction

page: 59
<< 56  57  58    60  61  62 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Magnitude 4.8 - NEAR THE COAST OF NICARAGUA
2008 August 07 23:41:29 UTC

Magnitude 4.4 - OFFSHORE EL SALVADOR
2008 August 08 10:58:04 UTC

More offshore EQ's... the pacific plate is restless.

missvicky, those vertical clouds... those are mentioned on a page about EQ clouds on page 1 or 2 of this thread. Have you checked the maps for any EQ's in your area, even micros? How about these? Any in your area?

Magnitude 3.2 - CENTRAL CALIFORNIA
2008 August 08 13:13:46 UTC

Magnitude 2.6 - CENTRAL CALIFORNIA
2008 August 08 02:05:40 UTC

Magnitude 2.3 - CENTRAL CALIFORNIA
2008 August 08 13:38:18 UTC

Magnitude 2.1 - SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA
2008 August 08 18:11:55 UTC

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 02:12 PM
link   
We just got home from hiking the Pacific Crest Trail above Donner Lake in California. On the drive home, just after 10 a.m., I was looking out the car window down on Donner Lake and told my boyfriend that the entire lake was rippled, as if someone had just dropped a giant rock right in the center. I'd never seen anything like it and I said, I wonder if it's an earthquake happening right now. So I checked and it sure was. Here it is:

Magnitude 2.2 - NORTHERN CALIFORNIA
2008 August 08 17:09:05 UTC

There were actually a couple up there back to back. It would've been amazing to have gotten a photograph of the lake at that moment.

earthquake.usgs.gov...

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by missvicky
I took these pictures a couple of days ago. These were disturbing clouds for a number of reasons, but i was looking for chem sign and scalar waves.
The ringing in my ears has subsided a bit but still feel pressure in my forehead.
Any opinions on the clouds or should I keep looking?

I saw clouds similar to the third picture the other day. It was kinda weird because it looked liked it was a normal cloud on top, but then on the bottom they were somewhat wispy. They could be a kind of virga cloud.

In meteorology, virga is precipitation that falls from a cloud but evaporates before reaching the ground. At high altitudes the precipitation falls mainly as ice crystals before melting and finally evaporating; this is usually due to compressional heating because the air pressure increases closer to the ground. It is very common in the desert and in temperate climates. Virga can appear as straight lines or exhibit a hooked or curved form as the water or ice particles are blown by the wind as they fall. When seen from a distance, these streaks can be mistaken for funnels or tornadoes. I took these photos of Virga in the summer of 2006.

Photographs of Virga

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by observe50
It seems to be evening in Beijing so I am thankful all went well.

Mike what area is opposite Beijing, just curious.

Let's hope that things in Beijing and China in general will continue to be calm. Lord knows they've suffered more than enough already these past few months, what with the terrible quake they had so soon after getting through their worst winter in decades.

Beijing is around 39.9 N and 116.4 E, so laterally opposite is 39.9 N and 63.6 W, which is out in the ocean, a little ways west of New York. Not a lot seems to go on there -- seismically I mean. The antipodean point is 39.9 S and 63.6 W, in Argentina. A slightly more active area but not one of the most notable ones by a long way. There's a pretty decent ridge in the ocean not far east from there but otherwise nothing special to report.

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 12:31 AM
link   
I caught this tonight on ATS, I cannot listen to it though, I am at work and that is one function that is not allowed, but maybe some of you can enjoy this, Charlotte King on ATS!

www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit to add: Sorry guys, this was an old show, I didn't check the date first!

[edit on 9-8-2008 by space cadet]

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 09:30 AM
link   
Magnitude 3.8 - POLAND
2008 August 09 03:46:08 UTC

There's one you don't see every day. And Japan still going.

Magnitude 5.0 - RYUKYU ISLANDS, JAPAN
2008 August 09 11:54:21 UTC

Andreanof mags going back up again...

Magnitude 5.4 - ANDREANOF ISLANDS, ALEUTIAN IS., ALASKA
2008 August 09 15:18:17 UTC

[edit on 8/9/08 by kattraxx]

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 11:12 AM
link   
If you look at the USGS map for the latest Andreanof Island EQ today, it's on the transform fault, away from the volcano swarm area. I hope we're not looking at EQ's in Aleutian trench after all.

earthquake.usgs.gov...

[edit on 8/9/08 by kattraxx]

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Thanks Mike,

It is nice to know nothing is opposite Beijing.

The opening night was beautiful and unique.

The only thing I see new is 5.8 W. of Macquarie Is. South Pacific Ocean.

I mentioned 8/8/8 because the date was unique but the vision didn't have a date, I just saw several mountainous explosions near each other one right after the other and when I asked where this was I heard Beijing.....so who knows but I think we have to note anything and everything just in case.

Like I said I don't mind being wrong especially when it comes to something like this.

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by observe50
Thanks Mike,

It is nice to know nothing is opposite Beijing.

The opening night was beautiful and unique.

The only thing I see new is 5.8 W. of Macquarie Is. South Pacific Ocean.

I mentioned 8/8/8 because the date was unique but the vision didn't have a date, I just saw several mountainous explosions near each other one right after the other and when I asked where this was I heard Beijing.....so who knows but I think we have to note anything and everything just in case.

Like I said I don't mind being wrong especially when it comes to something like this.

Maybe the date and such was telling you about the war break out in Georgia. Maybe something will still happen as we are only on the second day and Dam said his vision was on the third day.

This is a pretty crazy ash cloud from the volcano up in Alaska that erupted.

www.avo.alaska.edu...

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 01:21 AM
link   
It is almost 230am, I just started having right side kidney pain, it came on quickly too. Pressure remains in my head, my ears have gone to a very shrill ring, the tone changed in my ears at about the same time I noticed the pain in my back (kidney). Upper back pain between the shoulderblades.

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 03:32 AM
link   
reply to post by DearWife

A professional meteorologist thought it might be virga also. It could be, I'm not a pro. What got my attention about these clouds was that they were low. Low enough that were it rain it could've felt like a light sprinkle. There were no rain or storm clouds in the sky that day......in fact I don't believe there was a natural cloud in the sky that day. These clouds were static. Stayed there at least 45 minutes, morphing very slowly. And to have a repititious pattern was unusual too. Anyway, I'm about to go off topic......
What got my attention earlier in the day was the rippling...the scalar wave effect, which could be a sign of earthquakes. Just checked the map, there was one pertty close to where I live and work here in the Central coastof California. a 3.2 at 6:13 am 8-08-08.
BTW, since tha day of the photos, not a cloud in the sky, not even any chemtrails.

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 03:33 AM
link   
I thought you all might find this interesting, I don't have a link yet to a story but I was just watching cnn, and they were showing a town in Cali that is being taken over by worms, millions of them, they are dripping off everything in sight! I can't locate the story on cnn.com, I googled and don't get a site telling this story, but it was just on CNN headline/primtime news, but this is a repeat show of tonights earlier one. Have any of you heard about this? There was also a story about a house that had millions of bees take over it.

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Okay this has me baffled.

I live in PA. at 12:15 the N.B.S. came on and issued a tornado warning in the county I live in was listed. We are having storms but where I am they aren't bad, no scary lightning, couple booms not all that loud and rain not heavy. They say the storm is heading into Jersey (East)

I change my TV channel and my area is listed. The news has up the doppler map and it is showing and they are saying the storm is moving Northeast.

Okay, so I turn my head and watch the sky and the storm clouds aren't moving Northeast they are moving straight West........ what gives.

The entire 45 minutes we were in a warning the dark rain clouds moved West. I could actually see a break in one spot where the sky was blue and the white clouds up higher seem to be just sitting there I can't see them even ever so slowly moving one way or the other and I have been watching for awhile.

Yes, I do know which way East and West is from where I'm sitting

So what's up?

edit to add update:

Almost a hour has passed the dark clouds are clearing but as I watch they slowly almost to a stand still (moving slow) and they are moving slowly WNW

[edit on 10-8-2008 by observe50]

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by space cadet

If they were earthworms, I'd say big one coming, but they're not. Bizaree though.

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by space cadet

If they were earthworms, I'd say big one coming, but they're not. Bizaree though.

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 02:59 AM
link   
earthquake.usgs.gov...

This might be why my backside was hurting, I noticed it quit hurting and came to check, and found this quake.

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Observe50:
You might not have been too far off: expolsions in Chiina saturday.. CNN.
And expolsions in Toronto yesterday......not China bit explsions close to your 8-8-08 date.

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Sorry,should have checked for this ages ago.

www.earthquakes.bgs.ac.uk...

In the u.k. or rather at sea,close to Essex.A 2.2 mag.

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Damntheptb alerted me to this public meeting tonight in Reno, organized by the University Seismological Labs. Here's the story in the local paper.

The data came from seismic recorders in 60 homes from Verdi to Incline Village to see how the strength of the earthquakes affect the area...

"We won't know what any of it means for months," Louie said. "We still have a lot of analysis to do."

Which begs the question-- what do they plan to discuss?

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Katt and damntheptb keep us updated on anything you can find out about this meeting.

Are the quakes still happening in your area as frequent as they were before?

Interesting indeed!

new topics

top topics

<< 56  57  58    60  61  62 >>

join