It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An Experiment in Alternative Methods of Earthquake Prediction

page: 58
<< 55  56  57    59  60  61 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 07:31 PM
link   
The link I had doesn't work so the best I can tell you is go to:

highboldtage.com...

scroll down 2/3 of the page and look on left side for "top post": it will read

800 degree Ventura Hot Spot...... when that opens go down to where it says RE: Hot Spot in Dick Smith Wilderness.

I do hate to call these beings aliens (but so be it) because this is what people understand. The ones I know of are in the deepest of our waters so one location is the Mariana Trench. I would think activity would pick up all along that corridor (Solomon Islands up and around through Alaska and maybe along the Cascades, Yellowstone and Illinois) when something big is about to happen they record everything.

I'm watching for volcano uprise because I was shown where a couple would go at one time (not Yellowstone-to relieve Yellowstone actually) I was shown Tsunami's hitting the East and West Coast at the same time, unfortunately I wasn't told when this would happen so I observe everything.

Since things are picking up I keep all options open and hope for the best.

We are coming upon 8/8/8 I can only hope it is just another day a happy day and a safe day for the Olympics.

I am probably the only pperson who doesn't mind being wrong and being to look the fool.

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by kattraxx
Thanks, Skywatcher. This should be very interesting.

They've raised the warning level to red.

2008-08-07 15:26:35 - VAN/VONA

Satellite data show an ash plume to an altitude of at least 35,000 ft. in the vicinity of Kasatochi Volcano 22:30 UTC (14:30 ADT). The plume is drifting to the south-southwest. Based on this information, we are elevating the color code to RED/WARNING. This follows the recent increase in volcanic and earthquake activity.

www.avo.alaska.edu...

Yes it should get interesting, I wish they had cameras near that thing. Like someone else said, I think we are seeing a massive amount of Lava moving up to the surface and maybe what we were seeing previously is just a precursor to this event.

You can be pretty good at predicting quakes but you better be on the look out for signs of lava in your area, Sulfur smells and check your water often for Sulfur because it may already be there just under the surface with all the swarms that Reno has had.

Mt.Shasta is due for an eruption and that will be sad to see because that is one cool looking volcano. Lets pray that the big ones were people are crazy enough to live next too stay quiet.

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by observe50
The link I had doesn't work so the best I can tell you is go to:

highboldtage.com...

I do hate to call these beings aliens (but so be it) because this is what people understand. The ones I know of are in the deepest of our waters so one location is the Mariana Trench. I would think activity would pick up all along that corridor (Solomon Islands up and around through Alaska and maybe along the Cascades, Yellowstone and Illinois) when something big is about to happen they record everything.

You been talking to ET lately? If so you need to fill me in. Kat what did you put in those cookies? Just kiddin Observe!!!
Yeah I don't think the Olympics are going to be so peaceful this year.

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 07:59 PM
link   
I am one that knows of them well let's say. I have been shown and told things I'm just trying to make connections and I observe everything trying to put pieces of the puzzle together.

Acutually, in plain English they sent this soul that is in me here to help when it is time and I am stuck doing this job of trying to make 2+2=4.

I'm watching the 5.8 in the Aleutians there is something about the Aleutians I can't put my finger on but there is something about it. A new location is the 5.1 in the Central East Pacific Rise and the most intriguing one to me the little one tucked in 4.2 in the Mariana Islands

I am trying to see if there could be a connection with the Kasatochi Volcano and the underwater volcano off Japan.

I think the vents are connected more then our Scientist have said then again maybe they really don't know.

Fissures are opening and as I saiid before I think volcanos are starting to give birth.

I just hoping this all settles like coming down off a contraction.

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 09:10 PM
link   
reply to post by observe50

Observe, being wrong doesn't make you a fool. I think you're brave.

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 09:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Sky watcher

You can be pretty good at predicting quakes but you better be on the look out for signs of lava in your area, Sulfur smells and check your water often for Sulfur because it may already be there just under the surface with all the swarms that Reno has had.

There are certain precursors for anything of a volcanic origin. Which, by the way, we get for the swarm here in Reno.

Or this one, for example:

Magnitude 2.6 - NORTHERN CALIFORNIA
2008 August 08 01:08:02 UTC

Near hot springs...

[edit on 8/7/08 by kattraxx]

[edit on 8/7/08 by kattraxx]

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 10:02 PM
link   
I was just reading a post where this member is from S. Tahoe and he tried to get pictures. He thought maybe ufo and a picture of a face. I can't see anything my computer sucks and I don't know how to do a whole lot on here.

They said there were helicopters and this noise like a snow plow I believe and he saw a police car go by slowly. Something was happening and he is going into town to find out anything possible.

I think the location is interesting and if this was ufo related it tells me the ships could be on the move.

This may be something but then again it may not. As with everything time will tell.

All we can do is continue to observe everything we can and try to make connections.

I am still hoping this is a tension reliever and things will settle for a time. We all need to keep on our toes.

[edit on 7-8-2008 by observe50]

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 11:37 PM
link   
Kattraxx, thank you for the Alaska precursors. I live on the west coast and feel pressure building in my head - it feels like I'm in an airplane and my ears are going to pop. I also have a strange sensation in my hands, wrists, elbows, neck, chest, pelvis and knees. I've never felt anything like this before.

I'm wondering if anyone has seen a similar swarm of earthquakes like the ones happening in the Aleutians right now - 150 or so in 24 hours seems like a huge amount of movement for one area. Could this trigger another earthquake somewhere else in the world?

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 12:03 AM
link   
It is 1:00 am, I still have the upper back pain, I have a headache on both sides just above my ears with low tones ringing in my ears, I have kept a headache, backache and low tones for a few days now, I have a lot of pressure in my head, still the 'underwater' feeling.

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 05:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by mountaindog
I'm wondering if anyone has seen a similar swarm of earthquakes like the ones happening in the Aleutians right now - 150 or so in 24 hours seems like a huge amount of movement for one area. Could this trigger another earthquake somewhere else in the world?

Yes, there have been several quake swarms recorded (in various regions), though what comes to mind for me are the ones that occurred in the middle area of the Juan de Fuca plate a few years ago, and whose cause was never explained. Then there are the Nevada swarms, which were one of the motivators for Kattrax and Damntheptb to start this thread.

Frankly the Alaskan swarm is a bit worrying, simply because it has happened so suddenly. It wasn't like there was a gradual buildup to this high number of quakes; it basically went from its usual dozen or so a day (for that specific affected region) to the high number it's recording now. One has wonder what this may portend -- if it portends anything, which it doesn't have to. These things can arise then die down again without any observable effects. But to answer your last question, it's highly unlikely that the swarm in Alaska would trigger another (major) quake elsewhere in the world.

On the other hand, it could be an indicator of some form of energy-balance change that is building up in another place. We can hypothetically centre this swarm at around 52 deg N, 175 deg W, so if we use those co-ordinates to find a near-lateral location on the other side of the world then we get 52 N, 5 deg E. This is in northern Holland, not all that far from Amsterdam. Not a very active area from a seismic point of view. The antipodean co-ordinates (taking a line through the centre of the earth to the other side and hemisphere) give us 52 S, 5 E, not far from Bouvet Island in the Sth Atlantic. There are some ridges there (which is why we have an island in the middle of the ocean), but nothing much seems to be going on.

The other thing to consider, and which in this case actually seems more likely, is that this swarm may be related to movement of the Pacific plate and related effects in its contact with the Nth American and Juan de Fuca plates. In that case, it's possible that we may see an increase in seismic activity along or near those plate boundaries, especially beneath the ocean of the US west coast. So, it could be a precursor in that respect. But there's no guarantee of that either: a swarm like this one makes it very hard to predict what (if anything) may result from it when so little is publicly known about its cause.

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 05:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by observe50
I am probably the only person who doesn't mind being wrong and being to look the fool.

It's already been said, but it's far better to be wrong than to stay silent and then later wish you'd said something, and you are far from being a fool.

Speaking of being wrong, a few days back in this post on August 1st I predicted a mid to high mag 6 quake in the region of the US west coast, down to Mexico. This was in response to a prediction made by a psychic named Miriam (not a member here I think) that yankeerose posted on the thread as a matter of interest. She (Miriam) predicted a mag 7-plus for this area. Because my posted reply is pretty long I'll quote the most relevant section. I said:

My own feeling tends towards her being very close with this prediction; I have a level of concern about the stated region and those who've followed this thread for any length of time will understand what I mean when I use the word "concern". While I do not, however, see indications of a 7-plus by August 3 in the stated region, something in the high-six range may be on the cards yet it could occur slightly outside the stated time frame. I'd go for something by the end of August 5. (Local time zone, just to be clear.) I'd guess the odds of my being right would be around 16% or so, as mag 6-range quakes are about ten times more likely than mag 7 ones and I've extended the time period by two days. In any case I'm only giving my opinion and it will not trouble me at all if I'm wrong. It's all data.

So, while I was correct in what I said about Miriam's prediction I got it wrong in regards to my own. There was nothing close to a mid- or high-six mag quake in that region in the stated time frame. The 5.4 in the Gulf of California area yesterday is a full magnitude less (which is a lot less in terms of energy released), and would be pushing things a bit for the time frame anyway. But this is okay; not even weather forecasters with their high-tech gadgetry get it right all the time. The important thing is to say what we think, and you do that. Hats off to you!

Edit to add: I have tried to access Miriam's site to find out what she now says in relation to her prediction -- such as if she has revised it or admits she got it wrong. However, her site appears to be down.

[edit on 8/8/08 by JustMike]

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 09:44 AM
link   
Mountaindog and SpaceCadet, I think you two are EQ sensitive and I believe you should follow up on your abilities. As I've said before, contact Charlotte and she'll point you in the right direction, as well as answer any questions you have.

Myself this morning, I still have the right head/temple/eye pressure/pain. I'm still keeping an eye on the Aleutians swarm-- although as SkyWatcher said, this is a volcano, which if I understand it correctly, usually will not produce the sort of super high mag EQ's that a subduction fault might. But, as we know, anything is possible and it bears watching.

We're also still watching California, from the SF bay area all the way to Mexico. Baja, as you know, has a little swarm going on.

I see Japan did have an EQ, but not the +6.0 I predicted. I'm going to say that I'm still waiting for it. The Indonesia region has been shaking, so maybe I've gotten them confused. I'm also confused by the upper back precursor I've had for days and that so many others have mentioned, because the region I predicted did not hit, so it must be somewhere else. I guess we'll wait and see what hits by Monday.

Offshore Oregon hit again-- that one I did mention a few days ago... it took a bit longer than 24 hours, which seems to be my usual window.

Magnitude 4.0 - OFF THE COAST OF OREGON
2008 August 08 10:07:59 UTC

The EQs in this area worry me. A lot. There's a lot of information posted further back in this thread on the Juan de Fuca and Mendocino fracture zone, if you're interested in the history, etc.

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 10:30 AM
link   
It seems to be evening in Beijing so I am thankful all went well. I was surprised to see not only George was in Beijing but so was his daddy.

I don't see any new areas being hit. Yesterday I had a lot of weird head feeling on the right side but it has all passed.

What has me concerned is the warming waters and the hot land spots. The lava is moving know doubt.

Mike what area is opposite Beijing, just curious.

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 11:02 AM
link   
M 4.3, Queen Charlotte Islands, Canada region

Date:
Friday, August 8, 2008 15:41:41 UTC
Friday, August 8, 2008 08:41:41 AM at epicenter
Depth:
13.00 km (8.08 mi)

bet people in the Charlotte's felt that one.

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 11:20 AM
link   
shasta swarm:

M 2.7, Northern California

Date:
Friday, August 8, 2008 15:35:01 UTC
Friday, August 8, 2008 08:35:01 AM at epicenter
Depth:
4.90 km (3.04 mi)

M 2.0, Northern California

Date:
Friday, August 8, 2008 16:13:50 UTC
Friday, August 8, 2008 09:13:50 AM at epicenter
Depth:
5.00 km (3.11 mi)

M 2.3, Northern California

Date:
Friday, August 8, 2008 16:08:03 UTC
Friday, August 8, 2008 09:08:03 AM at epicenter
Depth:
5.00 km (3.11 mi)

all about the same depth.

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 11:23 AM
link   
M 5.3, Hokkaido, Japan region

Date:
Friday, August 8, 2008 15:53:10 UTC
Saturday, August 9, 2008 12:53:10 AM at epicenter
Depth:
35.00 km (21.75 mi)

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 11:41 AM
link   
oh.. observe50, I was looking and doing a rough estimate.. .looks like the other side of Beijing would be the canary islands area...

and if im even close, that's very very bad.

im sure you all know about that...
half of Isla de Palma is on the verge of sliding into the ocean (it's a volcanic chain of islands). if it slides, say good night to the eastern seaboard.

*edit*

looks like im off a bit.. it would be closer to the east coast of N/A

[edit on 8-8-2008 by pynner]

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 12:46 PM
link   
I took these pictures a couple of days ago. These were disturbing clouds for a number of reasons, but i was looking for chem sign and scalar waves.
The ringing in my ears has subsided a bit but still feel pressure in my forehead.
Any opinions on the clouds or should I keep looking?

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Magnitude 4.0 - OFF THE COAST OF OREGON
2008 August 08 10:07:59 UTC

Yet another one.... wish this would stop.

And Japan again, somewhat stronger, but not +6.0. It just showed up in my mailbox from USGS.

Magnitude 5.3 - HOKKAIDO, JAPAN REGION
2008 August 08 15:53:10 UTC

pynner, thanks for posting the Mt. Shasta swarm information. I'm glad you're on top of that. We should keep an eye on that.

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by missvicky

i'VE SEEN those clouds around the reno area many times since the swarms started months ago.. (the 2nd 2 "weird clouds"), the wispyness is a dead giveaway... I dont know for sure, but I have always thought some kind of scaler type effect. Ive noticed a wave of fear overcome me, while feeling a vibration throughout me, and then a few hours later, have noticed a lot of weird "wispy" clouds, even sometimes seeing colors in a spectrum in same vicinity of said clouds.
Just a guess, but I still beleive that there is more going on than we know, and with what i have learned about sattelite warfare?? and HAARP 's capabilities, It sends chills down my spine when I think of the possibilities of blasting a million megahertz anywhere, nevertheless in our ionsphere....

new topics

top topics

<< 55  56  57    59  60  61 >>

join