It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An Experiment in Alternative Methods of Earthquake Prediction

page: 47
<< 44  45  46    48  49  50 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 08:51 AM
link   
I see activity is picking up.

Another one north of Reno near the old caldera.

Magnitude 3.0 - NEVADA
2008 July 05 02:14:32 UTC

Nevada

And the 7.7....

Magnitude 7.7 - SEA OF OKHOTSK
2008 July 05 02:12:04 UTC

[edit on 7/5/08 by kattraxx]

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Black cloud:

I don't pay attention to time unless I have to for one reason or another so I'll just say within the last couple months I noticed something unusual. I was reclined in my chair rocking back and forth looking out my window watching the skies and clouds. It seems after I blinked at some point there was a black cloud from nowhere in the sky.

I thought where the he&& did that come from in a blink of an eye. I watched it and in the matter of a few minutes it just looked like it evaporated somewhat and was gone.

Around 11 this morning I thought let me check out Old Faithful web cam live. Everything appreared normal and I watched how the sky was. The camera changes every 30 sec. so I was looking back and forth from my computer to my TV.

After looking at the TV for a minute I looked back at my computer and the sky was as before. I sat and waited for the screen to change and when it did right smack in the middle of the screen were 2 black clouds.

I was shocked to say the least and thought I am going to watch this for the next few minutes.... the clouds stayed right where they where then after about five minutes when it changed all of a sudden the clouds were in a different location they were up and over to the left to great a distance then they should have been. They stayed in that location for a few minutes then when the screen changed nothing, gone.

Has anyone noticed this when they look to the sky, black cloud(s)? There one sec. gone the next?

I am writing this because I think we need to keep everything unusal noted.

[edit on 5-7-2008 by observe50]

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 06:41 PM
link   
I'll keep an eye on the skies, Observe.

I just popped online to mention Sierra/Wasatch/New Madrid symptoms. My older dog was sick this afternoon as well.

I'm thinking around Smoke Creek, NV possibly. Or Utah. Definitely something going down in the +4.0 range in the next 24 hours.

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 03:18 AM
link   
reply to post by observe50

Haven't noticed that over here but in central Europe it's rather different anyway. However, I'll keep an eye on it.

General comment: that 7.7 was quite a surprise -- for me, at least. Didn't seem to be anything in particular to indicate it. Thankfully it was near a low-population area and the reports I've read say that while there were some injuries there were no fatalities, so that's good news. Now, of course, we will have to see what (if any) knock-on effects it has.

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Tomorrow is 7/7/08 I believe this is the date that Cassini is supposed to go up into the pole of Saturn and implode it. (Project Lucifer)

Has anyone heard of this?

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Hey all, looks like a lot of activity has been going on, I saw that big one on IRIS! I haven't kept up the last couple of days, I got hit by a car at the 4th of July fireworks, I am ok, just bruised up, but the lady who hit me had the nerve to get onto me for not 'moving out of her way so she could back up', and left the scene. I was stunned, I could not believe she had no compassion whatsoever for me, and I was gasping for air, I told her I was not OK, and she just pulled off. We got her tag # , you couldn't miss her car, it was a Mary Kay car. Big signs all over it.

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 09:40 AM
link   
reply to post by space cadet

Hit and run by a Mary Kay car...bizarre. I'm glad to hear you're okay. I hope you got checked out thoroughly anyway, just in case. What a horrible woman, the way she behaved. Incredible.

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by observe50

No I did not here of that, Where did you? When someone does that to you Space Cadet try to kick a dent in their car so cops can ID it lol. Glad your OK and I hope the person goes to jail.

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 02:17 PM
link   
I pick up all kinds of interesting tid-bits from everywhere.

I hope they are holding this woman for hit and run, don't let her get away with it.

I just noticed 4.8 Notheast China, I'm waiting for the 9+ to hit Beijing, China....... Olympics starts 8/8/08.

[edit on 7-7-2008 by observe50]

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by kattraxx

I just popped online to mention Sierra/Wasatch/New Madrid symptoms. My older dog was sick this afternoon as well. I'm thinking around Smoke Creek, NV possibly. Or Utah. Definitely something going down in the +4.0 range in the next 24 hours.

Magnitude 3.1 - NEVADA
2008 July 07 21:09:30 UTC

Not a +4.0, but now that I think about it, the last time I had those stomach cramps, they were more painful and lasted longer-- that was 24-36 hours before the Smoke Creek 4.2, so this makes sense to me. This one was near Winnemucca.

Winnemucca, NV

Edit to add: A couple more since I posted

[edit on 7/7/08 by kattraxx]

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 08:50 PM
link   
Do they write that so small so you can't read it. I have bi-focals and can't read a word?

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 12:10 AM
link   
I forgot to mention that when I predicted a quake within 200 miles I was off, but not by too much, there was one up near Mephis. Thanks for the support guys, I am still waiting for the police to get their report ready, it is supposed to be done by wed morning. I cannot get over this woman's attitude and that she just pulled off, but even worse than that or the pain, I can't stop thinking about how bad it could have been, what it felt like to have the car hit me, how quick it happened, sheesh, I got chills right now! I am working tonight, this job is not physical by any means and the owner is making sure I have all I need so I don't have to walk the halls or anything like that for now, but I really don't feel like being here, my neck and back are killing me, sitting for 9 hours in a desk chair doesn't help, so I will be off and on tonight, I am going to take advantage of the comfy chairs in the lobby.

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 01:04 AM
link   
2 am EST, I have a sudden and severe pain in my left leg, calf area, and a change in the ringing in my ears, piercing ringing right now.

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 11:16 AM
link   
reply to post by kattraxx

I see USGS deleted all three EQ's. I have a screen shot of the first, largest one. About 5 minutes after the first EQ, there were two more smaller ones southeast of it.

external image

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Kat that map is one scary map.

I was reading at the IRIS site earlier that they are still talking about how after 2 years there still has been nothing done to fix many buildings for earthquakes in the San Francisco area and that this has to be done because of the "unstable soil"

From the things I have been reading or watching on TV many areas in Cal. and Vancouver Is. areas are in danger because millions of people live in these areas and if a larger earthquake hits the soil is unstable and can liquidify.

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 07:44 PM
link   
Magnitude 3.5 - NEVADA
2008 July 08 17:50:54 UTC

This wasn't on the map this morning. I never saw it pop up in red.

Nevada EQ

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Fox was showing the Volcano in Hawaii with the lava shooting 40' in the air.

Right now everything seems fairly quiet.

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Either I need a new eye exam of something is fishy.

I watch the IRIS map all day long and I just noticed from the last time I looked this morning there is now a yellow circle listed for Southern Nevada listed as a 4.2 and dated June 30th????? This isn't making sense, wonder what they are up too!

Would this be Las Vegas area and they don't want people ..............to panic and not go and gamble!

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 01:59 PM
link   
If you look at the list (or googleearth as I do)

they quakes have started to move down into vegas... in fact, at one point 4 or 5 of them lined up pointing right at the centre of the city..

I agree with you.. something IS fishy.

I wish we could figure out what they are hiding.

is there an animation of north american earth quakes over the last 6 months? I would like to see how they swarm and move.

keep up the good work guys and gals

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 03:09 PM
link   
I think I recall the 4.2 on the 30th. Isn't Yucca Mountain nuclear repository around there? USGS has a disclaimer on their web page regarding the Yucca Mt. area.

I think I'm getting precursors for Indonesia, including Sumatra, Java, Jakarta, Moluccas, Celebs Sea areas. They're confusing today, so this is my best guess. I kind of wanted to say Hawaii, but I always seem to be wrong when I do.

edit to add: map/Yucca Mountain area

[edit on 7/9/08 by kattraxx]

top topics

<< 44  45  46    48  49  50 >>

join