It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An Experiment in Alternative Methods of Earthquake Prediction

page: 46
<< 43  44  45    47  48  49 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Hello everyone,

Kat, yes it was on Fox news and I thought, """what?"""

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 07:11 AM
link   
Regarding the Israel quake prediction, I found a brief report about it on the Israel Hasbara Committee website (Infoisrael.net) and you can access the page here. It's the second article on the page.

What I find interesting about this is that the Israeli Ministry of Health's D-G made this announcement as an official statement, so his advisers must be at least reasonably sure that such a quake may occur in the near future. Now, if the Israelis have the technological/analytical ability to make what is in fact an official earthquake prediction, why do we not seem to get much in this line in the US or other regions, where major quakes are far more common than in the Israeli/Lebanese/Palestinian region? (The last major quake in Israel was in 1927.)

[edit on 2/7/08 by JustMike]

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Magnitude 4.0 - OFF THE COAST OF OREGON
2008 July 02 00:40:35 UTC

Offshore Oregon, 7/2

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Mike, I think you get what I am saying about Israel, a little stange right?As I check recent quake swarms it seems I always go back to the Geysers in Cal. they are still at it in that location.

I also an taking note to Parkfield, Cal. where the SAFOD Drilling Site is and the earthquake experiment, what's up with this?

In Reno I notice they seem to be staying deeper.

We have to keep a check on Israel especially with all this talk about Iran!

[edit on 2-7-2008 by observe50]

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by observe50

Yes, I follow exactly what you are saying and my post was actually emphasizing what you have commented upon.
The fact of the matter is that none of the major seismic research organizations in the US would be likely to make such a prediction purely upon the basis of an observed increase in the number of minor tremors in a region. They might revise some statistical prediction parameters but that is far different from specifying that a quake of magnitude such-and-such could hit a defined area in the near future. So one has wonder what is the basis of the Israelis' statement: it is certainly an extraordinary prediction on their part -- in the true sense of the word.

However, because this thread is in the "science" forum we can't really go too deeply into the possible implications from a political perspective. If we view it purely from an apolitical scientific standpoint, there should be a lot of information available to justify their prediction. Like, who did the seismic analysis? (It wasn't the D-G of the Ministry of Health. It's not their bailiwick.) It would be helpful to find some data of these "hundreds of tremors" that are reported to have occurred there; if anyone knows where such info might be found then please let us know. Maybe we can then get some analysis done and see what gives.

I have to say that I am not getting any indicators of a seismic event in the region of the Israel-Lebanon border.

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Magnitude 5.4 - OFF THE COAST OF OREGON
2008 June 29 19:33:41 UTC

Revised.

offshore Oregon

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Way way back in this post on page 11 (on May 28), I proposed a concept that quakes on one side of the world could trigger ones on the other side -- that is, about 180 degrees away. Well, it turns out that some scientists have been thinking along the same lines and have researched this concept. I wish I had known of this report when I posted because their findings are that most larger quakes do trigger other events even many thousands of miles away. Here is the news report, entitled Larg e earthquakes can trigger smaller tremors even on opposite side of Earth. It makes interesting reading.

True, the scientists' findings don't specifically refer to the "180 degrees" concept, but as their research confirms that quakes can have world-wide effects, they certainly lend some substance to the idea. To put it another way, as larger quakes can send strong waves of energy through the earth, then it seems logical to me that places that are within a narrow range of 180 degrees from the "source" quake are more likely to be affected than those further off, as this would be the most direct route for such energy to take.

So, from the point of view of quake prediction, it would be well worth noting any major quakes and plotting regions 180 degrees away. But not (in my humble etc) through the center of the earth; the line of least resistance would be lateral, to around the same latitude. At least, that's what I've found to be the case in the past with my own rather limited research.

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by JustMike

I have to say that I am not getting any indicators of a seismic event in the region of the Israel-Lebanon border.

I am not either.

If you recall Charlotte's ATS interview, she mentioned that she can detect nuclear detonations and outlined the physical effects. They seem to be quite distinct. And not like earthquake precursors.

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by kattraxx
If you recall Charlotte's ATS interview, she mentioned that she can detect nuclear detonations and outlined the physical effects. They seem to be quite distinct. And not like earthquake precursors.

Yes, I would expect the post-detonation effects are very different, though I can't say if I've felt them myself or not. I hope that I never have the opportunity to confirm experience of those effects.

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Lots of 4's around...and lots of clusters this week....that mammoth lakes cluster raised an eyebrow for me...although I'm not feeling anything much today.
I think there's some time left on the clock...but not a lot.

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Kat,

What are Charlotte's signs for Nuclear detonation I would appreciate knowing and to lazy to start looking all around to find out, my bad grandma!

edit to add this:

I didn't catch it all maybe someone here did but Fox was talking about the Chinese having problems with the waters because of ......? and that is could effect boating in the Olympics and they are going to use 200 ton of pesticide or....? whatever to kill off the Locast that have overtaken lands and don't want them heading down into Beijing? Has anyone information on this?

As I see it we aren't being told of everything that is happening in China. I know I still will keep a check on Beijing because this is what I do

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 05:46 PM
link   
I just saw on the local news the Algae the Chinese are dealing with and good Lordy God bless them if they get it cleaned up. I saw a little boy with his bare hands helping and picking it up. The boaters for the Olympics are saying this is a major problem with them doing there practices and it is messing the boats up.

They say they don't know what is causing this..... hmmmmmm, should we tell them

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 09:02 AM
link   
reply to post by kattraxx

For the first time, I'm getting this precursor for Taiwan, or as Charlotte says, also includes the Leeward, Windward Islands and the Trinidad and West Indies region.

Magnitude 5.7 - TRINIDAD REGION, TRINIDAD AND TOBAGO
2008 July 03 06:34:53 UTC

Trinidad

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 09:24 AM
link   
reply to post by kattraxx

Oceania/domino islands

Magnitude 6.2 - SOUTH OF THE FIJI ISLANDS
2008 July 03 03:02:36 UTC

Fiji

Magnitude 4.6 - SOUTH OF THE FIJI ISLANDS
2008 July 01 15:13:44 UTC

Fiji, 7/1

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Well what a wonderful place to test a nuclear weapon. This could be a test now that Iran is hinting they will talk with us diplomatically and freeze enrichment activities if we remove sanctions on them as part of the game North Korea plays. It was very deep but you never know.

hisz.rsoe.hu...

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 02:57 AM
link   
Hello all. I have been off a few nights, I missed coming on and posting until tonight. I see that activity is stepping up again in and around the US in the last week, Katt, I think I told you in an email that I had a feeling they were moving back stateside this week. New pain today, in the top of my head, right in the center. Also food smells weird.

On another note, I just started a thread about this, but I thought you all might find this as interesting as I do, and possibly related to coming activity, earlier a huge flock of birds loudly flew over the hotel. It took a couple of minutes before they were all completely gone, but it was just before 3 in the morning, pitch dark ( no moon tonight, it is cloudy here). I have never in my life witnessed that before at night.

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 04:52 AM
link   
Hmmm...

Well folks don't be too surprised if there is a quake of around a mag 4 on or near one of the faults that are close to the towns of San Luis Obispo and Cambria, California within a couple of days. That is, close to coordinates 35.5 deg N and 121 deg W. The most likely faults are Los Osos, Rinconada and the offshore Hosgri Fault zone, but such a quake could be within up to around 2 degrees of this area.

I'd put the probability of a quake of this mag in the stated area and time at better than 50/50.

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 05:22 AM
link   
Another trip outside, another strange happening. I see clouds this morning exactly like those on the Terra research site. I am going to go out on a limb here and say that there will be a quake somewhere within 200 miles of my location in N. Ga within 24 hrs, I don't expect to see a large magnitude though.

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 02:27 PM
link   
The last two nights I have had strange dreams of the coast of Florida being flooded where I live, Nothing catastrophic as far as the amount of water we get but I remember seeing large great whites floating dead in the rivers as well as many other large ocean going creatures not normally found in the Gulf of Mexico at least not near the coast anyway.

I just find it odd that I have had the same dream for two nights in a row and it felt like it was a really bad event that happened, Just not as bad for us where I was.

I will check in when I can but now I'm back off to being good and resting my back and the new incision in my stomach to fix it.

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 09:53 PM
link   
When I just brought up IRIS I literally gasped when I saw the map. I thought it was much bigger then a 7.5 from the circle.

www.iris.edu...

[edit on 4-7-2008 by observe50]

new topics

top topics

<< 43  44  45    47  48  49 >>

join