It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dawn Of The Dead

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2004 @ 03:25 AM
link   
GREAT movie!!
I liked the running zombies .... made for some suspenseful moments.
Any movie that has me whimpering & hiding my face on one of my "co-worker's" shoulder has got to be something.

Plus the cover of "Down With the Sickness" rawked my f*cking world.

-B.

posted on Mar, 20 2004 @ 04:10 AM
link   
Running zombies, hell yeah! This was a good flick but it has a bunch of "aw, c'mon. why did ya do that?" scenes in it. overall I would have to say give it a look see. Its very entertaining.

posted on Mar, 20 2004 @ 09:05 AM
link   
I hate running zombies ever since i saw House of the Dead i knew running zombies would come into Zombie movies.

posted on Mar, 20 2004 @ 11:03 AM
link   
I saw the movie last night.

Overall it was a pretty good movie and I recommend it to everyone. I know I almost jumped out of my chair on a couple of times. What I didn't like is that they dont really explain how the zombies came to be. They just appeared out of nowhere.

posted on Mar, 20 2004 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ocelot

Overall it was a pretty good movie and I recommend it to everyone. I know I almost jumped out of my chair on a couple of times. What I didn't like is that they dont really explain how the zombies came to be. They just appeared out of nowhere.

Well that's kind of the point, no one knows how they came to be, although the tagline gives one idea "When Hell if full the dead will walk the Earth".

Running zombies is a terrible idea. They're the walking dead for Christ's sake!!! They're decomposing, if they run there legs would probably snap off, I just hate it. They're not meant to be alert, making them run just makes them so much less scary.

This movie probably has "jumpy" moments, but I bet it doesn't have an ounce of the atmosphere of the original.

posted on Mar, 20 2004 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ocelot

The army was testing a chemical agent or something. It's a remake of the sequal to Night Of The Living Dead so, the zombies are created the same way in both movies.

[Edited on 3/20/04 by NotTooHappy]

posted on Mar, 20 2004 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Sounds like Return of the Living Dead 2 zombies cos thats how the zombies came top life in that movie.

posted on Mar, 20 2004 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Sounds like Return of the Living Dead 2 zombies cos thats how the zombies came top life in that movie.

Thats what I was thinking.

Its not a sequel to those its more of a remake of the first one.

posted on Mar, 20 2004 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by NotTooHappy
The army was testing a chemical agent or something. It's a remake of the sequal to Night Of The Living Dead so, the zombies are created the same way in both movies.

good to know. I had no idea.

posted on Mar, 22 2004 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Move was pretty good, it was great for the first 45 minutes went downhill towards the end though. Had good scares, and some good lines. As usual with horror movies my favourite charcters die.

SPOILERS!

The End. What the hell happend? Does it end with them going off in the sail boat, or with that videocamera thing? And what went on their, my friend and I left cause we though ti was just outakes, right after the girl went topless. What happend?

posted on Mar, 22 2004 @ 02:29 PM
link   
They all died when they stopped off on an island of zombies. They couldn't get off the dock fast enough.

[Edited on 22-3-2004 by Colonel]

posted on Mar, 22 2004 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Just saw it yesterday and it ROCKED.

I personally like the idea of fast zombies. In the original Dawn of the Dead they just walked around all slow and groaned a lot. The humans could run into a whole bunch of them and escape easily by smacking a couple.
The new zombies are FAR more frightening.

I actually jumped many times and there are plenty of funny moments, I strongly recommend this flick to anyone with a strong stomach and a good sense of humor.

For a remake, it's excellent, and could even stand on its own.

I give it a 9 out of 10. Go see it and judge for yourself.

jakomo

posted on Mar, 22 2004 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Too bad and I liked that black cop. Ving Rhames I think?

posted on Mar, 22 2004 @ 10:40 PM
link   
Yeah, it was Ving Rhames and he did a good job---as usual. I first saw him act on Miami VIce and he was good there too. But, overall, it was a great film.

Even tho it was a remake, it was way better than the crap that passes as a horror movie. I was actually yelling at the screen, "Shoot it! Shoot it! That's not your girlfriend anymore, fool!"

I usually don't react in movies so I wa having real fun watching this.

You should've stayed through the credits. The way they all were killed was done in a Blair Witch Project style witht he shaky video camera shooting 3 seconds bits---til the zombies come and you see Ving lying on the dock, gun in hand, gettin eaten.

posted on Mar, 23 2004 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Yeah most people left or were leaving and they turned the lights on which pissed me off but the endind rocked.

Like all the other dead movies you know how its gonna turn out (everybody gets ate) but getting there is a wild ride.

posted on Mar, 26 2004 @ 01:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Colonel
They all died when they stopped off on an island of zombies. They couldn't get off the dock fast enough.

Oh great spoil it for me wont ya!

posted on Mar, 27 2004 @ 05:45 PM
link   
YES 9 YES 9 FREE mins of the dawn of the daed is on ch4 this looks a kick ass zombie film defintely going to see it soon as poss

posted on Mar, 27 2004 @ 06:15 PM
link   
9 free minutes??? I take it I've missed them now?
hopefully I will be going to see it on tuesday

has anyone heard of the other film that is just about to be released??
"shaun of the dead"

www.futuremovies.co.uk...

posted on Mar, 27 2004 @ 06:18 PM
link   
I have to hang my head in shame and say I really enjoyed this film, and it was really well made. However, I actually thought it had little in common with the original other than zombies and a mall, it shouldn't have even had the same title.

As I predicted earlier though it was full of "jumpy" moments, but the film didn't really give a feeling of "the end of the world" kind of thing. This is a result of the zombies running rather than being docile.

While slow zombies might not be scary at first glance that is just a deception and is exactly what makes them terrifying. At first you think "Oh, that's slow, I'll easily get past that". Then 10 minutes later you're confronted by a hundred of the fookers, and you realised you're fooked. The fact that they're so slow means you actually have time to think of the horrible things they're about to do to you moments before they actually do it.

and...you have time to actually think about what they're going to turn you into moments before they chow down. This to me is far scarier, rather than one coming out of nowhere and it's over in two seconds.

In the original you could actually have moments of just watching these docile zombies just wandering around, seeing how lifeless they are. This gave so much more of an eerie feeling of the "end of the world", which was the only thing lacking from this otherwise very scary film.

Sorry for the rant everyone, I'm sure you have no interest in any of this.
Just had to get it off my chest.

P.S. Ving Rhames was class as usual, but I have to ask Colonel...Does this mean we can forgive him for Striptease now?

Only joking, he was forgiven long ago. His best moment...? "Fuck y'all!" That had me in stitches.
That's another thing about the film actually, it was surprisingly very funny, and Sarah Polley was gorgeous as usual.

posted on Mar, 27 2004 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Colonel
til the zombies come and you see Ving lying on the dock, gun in hand, gettin eaten.

I didn't actually see that...??? I just saw loads of zombies (they're not technically zombies though) on the dock, although you certainly get the impression they're all eaten.

Did you really see Ving on the dock being eaten? I was looking for it but didn't see it.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join