It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dawn Of The Dead

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 29 2004 @ 01:08 AM
link   
Well, their remaking another classic horror film. I hope it doesn't suck.

www.dawnofthedeadmovie.net...

posted on Feb, 29 2004 @ 09:25 AM
link   
Running zombies!!!!!!!!! It will indeed suck.

posted on Feb, 29 2004 @ 06:43 PM
link   
The previews looked good

But I just like zombie movies

posted on Feb, 29 2004 @ 06:52 PM
link   
Has anyone besides me seen the original? It's the true sequal to Night Of The Living Dead.

[Edited on 2/29/04 by NotTooHappy]

posted on Feb, 29 2004 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Its not really a sequel but more of a remake.

posted on Feb, 29 2004 @ 07:15 PM
link   
It was supposed to be the sequal and Day Of The Dead was number 3. The creators of Night Of The Living Dead sued each other for the rights to the phrase "Living Dead" so there are 2 sets of sequals.

posted on Feb, 29 2004 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by NotTooHappy
It was supposed to be the sequal and Day Of The Dead was number 3. The creators of Night Of The Living Dead sued each other for the rights to the phrase "Living Dead" so there are 2 sets of sequals.

That's right. The original Dawn owns ALL zombie movies, this new one will pale in comparison. WTF is up with running zombies??? The goes against the entire idea of zombies, I know, let's have vampire movie were they walk in the day and feed off jizzum.

posted on Feb, 29 2004 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Has anyone besides me seen the original? It's the true sequal to Night Of The Living Dead.

I have watched all three plus the later return of the living dead too

They were funny but not as good as the origanals

posted on Feb, 29 2004 @ 07:56 PM
link   
Yeah, the Return Of The Living Dead movies were more like comedies that horror movies. Night, Dawn and Day will always be classics in my book though. I know they remade NOTLD about 10 years ago, they should've done a newer one before redoing Dawn.

posted on Feb, 29 2004 @ 08:09 PM
link   
I think it could be a good movie. I know Im gonna go see it.

posted on Mar, 1 2004 @ 11:39 AM
link   
All the "dead" movies are cool

Day of the Dead was the best i reckon!

posted on Mar, 1 2004 @ 12:44 PM
link   
As it goes Night, Dawn and Day were suppose to be followed by Twilight of the Living Dead (as per GR in an interview on the House of the Dead dvd), but he changed the name to something that I don't recall. I believe that they are currently finishing the script.

I am very suspisious of the forth coming Dawn remake. It seems as though they made the survivors a bunch of 'pretty' teenyboppers which is not the best sign. Teen movies were cool in the 80s, but since then they are all garbage with the same repeditive plot.

posted on Mar, 5 2004 @ 03:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by John Nada
Running zombies!!!!!!!!! It will indeed suck.

This is what happened in House of the Dead they had running Zombies which made it crap.

posted on Mar, 5 2004 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Running zombies!!!!!!!!!

Yeah, I said the same thing when I saw the preview... It ratchets down the creepiness factor from 8 to like 2....

However, looks like they did a good job with the makeup, but it will likely blow....and that's sad, as I love zombie movies... Saw all of the originals, even the black and white...but I'll still go see it....

posted on Mar, 5 2004 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jonna
As it goes Night, Dawn and Day were suppose to be followed by Twilight of the Living Dead (as per GR in an interview on the House of the Dead dvd), but he changed the name to something that I don't recall. I believe that they are currently finishing the script.

I am very suspisious of the forth coming Dawn remake. It seems as though they made the survivors a bunch of 'pretty' teenyboppers which is not the best sign. Teen movies were cool in the 80s, but since then they are all garbage with the same repeditive plot.

Ving Rhames is in it.

posted on Mar, 18 2004 @ 11:58 AM
link   
It opens here friday and I am going to go see it Ill let yall know how I like it

posted on Mar, 18 2004 @ 12:49 PM
link   
I can't wait to see it. I just hope he doesn't try and modernize it too much. If I see one gratuitous sex scene, i'll go ape-#...

posted on Mar, 19 2004 @ 10:05 AM
link   
It looks cool i like Ving Rhames.

posted on Mar, 19 2004 @ 02:27 PM
link   
A remake of cult hit Dawn of the Dead is tipped to take The Passion of the Christ's top US box office spot in a cinematic battle of good versus evil.
Mel Gibson's religious film has earned more than $273m (�149m) while topping the US chart for three weeks.

But industry journal Hollywood Reporter predicts a 40% decline in Passion audiences, which would enable Dawn of the Dead to debut at number one.

link

I hope this film does George Romero's original justice but some how i dont think it will still there always Romeros new Zombie flick to give ur blood n gore

[Edited on 19-3-2004 by SE7EN]

posted on Mar, 19 2004 @ 07:03 PM
link   
Just came back from watching it and I think it kicked ass.

I didnt like the running zombies and the show kinda tip toed around the fact that the new and improved zombies could have got into the mall any time they wanted, a couple of locked glass doors wouldnt have done much more than slowed them down, but what the hell it was still a good movie.

It stayed fairly close to the origanal dead movies in that the characters were true to Romeros, you know the suburban housewife, the Black Hero, the married couple, the young couple, and the back stabing white guy. But it did not try to just copy the first and all in all I liked it.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join