It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Was Fired Today, For My Bumperstickers!!!

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by hotbakedtater

I'm glad you've learned things along the way...it's more than can be said for some ... and, while I KNOW the job situation isn't good in this area, I'm sure you'll find something. Everyone has to start somewhere. Just try to look at things like a learning experience and, hopefully, steps to a better job.

The one thing that struck me, though, which is why I responded again, was your statement about the police report. This is nothing against you - but it's so wrong of someplace like a daycare center or anywhere that requires a police report to hire folks on and give them access until the person has been cleared. While it may not apply to you, the way they did things, a convicted sex offender, drug user or whatever could have had easy access to the children - until he or she were found out. I don't recall how long it takes to get a police report, but even a day is too long under those possible circumstances. And, Louisville, like many cities, is full of them.

More than anything, that disturbs me .... It doesn't surprise me, but it disturbs me...

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mikee
I'm going to buy a sport bike soon and I'm willing to cover it with stickers. Some sort of pentagrams and just humor stickers. If someone fires me for that this person will be in a big trouble.

Just out of curiousity... Exactly how would you cause this "big trouble" you speak of? I believe that "at will" employment was already discussed. Employment is a privelege (sp?), not a right.

Sounds like you are just another incendiary moron stirring things up for jollies... I mean, at least the OP's fallacy wasn't premeditated, as yours obviously is.

If you are so dissatisfied with society, why not take an active role in attempting to bring about change, rather than a passive one (your planned course of action).

Do us all a favor and buy a Honda- they're crap anyhow, so the stickers may even improve it's looks.

If you even think Ducati, I'll hunt you down myself.

[edit on 14/5/08 by cbianchi513]

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Never put stickers on your cars paint ,it ruins it,plus just adds fuel to some psycho's just looking for an excuse to do something ignorant,your lucky you don't have to park on the LA fwys

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 05:07 PM
link   

All I can say is with stickers like that at a daycare center. Yes, I would of fired you as well. I wouldn't want to loose my business because of your crap.

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 05:21 PM
link   

I cant believe that there are people on this site who agreed with the decision against you....they must be holier than thou...this is a crock of # but im not supprised by this totalitarian crap its happening all over...although your situation is relatively a small one it just goes to show that American is the most corrupt and hasty country on the planet...at least in other countries they dont bull# you by saying "Yeah we live in a democracy ..or thank God this is a free country" cause it aint slowly but surley all our freedoms are being taken away and pretty soon it will be too late to voice an opinion thanks to Bush,s martial law. Some one suggested that you use the law to the best of its abilities...id have to agree
ps...after the way they treated you...would you want to work for a bunch of a@&holes anyway.
pss why didnt they just ask you to remove it...

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by organeer

Hi Organeer. I think you've missed the point. I don't think anybody has said that HBT shouldn't have bumper stickers if she wishes to have them. The point that most people have made is that the word 'Paedophile' in a childcare setting is never appropriate and suggests a lack of judgement that would make the daycare centre question the OP's suitabilty for a job in childcare.

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by WalkOn
reply to post by whitesatan

I really think the OP should stand her ground, she probably won't get the job back, heck I wouldn't want to work there anyway, but it would do good for the little town (assuming little) or community she lives in to stir up the pot a bit.

[edit on 12-5-2008 by WalkOn]

Stand her ground.... she was walking in quicksand to begin with..

There is NO point fighting it at all...

to stir up the pot? .. this is exactly why nothing gets accomplished because you fight the stupid little battles .. it's like trimming the leaves off of weeds instead of uprooting the problem altogether..
she should have thought twice about being in the child-care business and sporting the word pedophile regardless of it's context.. I could have an "I HATE PEDOPHILES" bumper sticker and it still isn't a statement I want to endorse at my work place if I work with children.. people would think that it is on the persons mind an awful lot, maybe they aren't quite up-to-par..

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Well, I have had much to think about since posting yesterday.

This is not a 1st. Amendment issue. A place of business does have a right to establish it's own policies.

Freedom of speech does not give one the right to step into a crowded theatre and holler FIRE!!!

When you are at an airport or on board a plane, you are not allowed to tell bomb jokes, because air piracy in not a laughing matter.

So, one can not joke about pedophilia at a day care center for children. Sorry, but that boat won't float!

As I had mentioned yesterday, when I was 17, I was raped, so to me, pedophilia is nothing to joke about.

The "fat red head" should have kicked her ass, and if she had, I would say, more power to her, and to us fat people in general.

You really don't want to get all of us fat people ticked off!

Most of the time, I'm very gentle and docile, but at 5 ft 6 in and 400 pounds, if I should ever get angry enough, I could do some serious damage just by throwing me weight around.

Pedophiles are the scum of the earth!

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 08:11 PM
link   

I like hotbakedtater.

She has shown something intangible in this thread. I think she is a great person.

Great job TS.

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 08:50 PM
link   

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 09:49 PM
link   
Your GOP bumper sticker referring to republicans with a gay reference indicates your hatred of republicans overshadows your reasoning, you seem to be telling everyone with your clever hate slogans on your bumper that gay people who are republican are inferior to liberal's who are gay. What employer wants to hire someone with a big chip on their shoulder.

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 09:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

Excellent points. The liberal mindset and battle cry comes down hard on anyone who bashes homosexuals, yet here we see that it's being used in a negative context as a cut-down. It makes you wonder if liberals actually believe their own hype. Are they pro-homosexual or not?

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 11:29 PM
link   
yes, bad taste, but I also want to address this whole issue of the sticker saying "Gay Old Pedophiles"

Really? Using gay as an insult? And insinuating that gay people are pedophiles? No one sees a problem with that? I mean....that's pretty offensive. And pretty far from liberal.

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 12:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by hotbakedtater
reply to post by verylowfrequency

"I am an idiot who didnt think of her vehicle as something that determines my work value?"

"I may even make my car into something cool, like a free speech mobile. My neighbor loved that idea!! We'll see, and of course ATS will be the first to know"

This post is more evidence of your nuttyness

No one ever said your vehicle determines your value as a person, however what is displayed on it reflects your beliefs!

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 12:55 AM
link   
Thank you for all the replies!

I have some meetings in the works, and I promise updates in the next couple of days.

Specifically, I will be nailing down local/state laws pertaining to my situation(no more speculation). Also, finding out if indeed, the fairness ordinance was breached by this daycare.

And I hope to be able to share any media articles that may result from this incident. Yall will be the first to know!!

Again, thanks to all for contributing to my thread!

[edit on 15-5-2008 by hotbakedtater]

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 01:36 AM
link   
This is exactly why you do not put bumper stickers on your cars or wear silly shirts to work... or put cute shinny stickers on your binder, because you never know who you are going to offend. You will either find a brick through your windshield or get ousted.

[edit on 15-5-2008 by RexxCrow]

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 02:00 AM
link   

I have some meetings in the works,

Specifically, I will be nailing down local/state laws

finding out if indeed, the fairness ordinance was breached

And I hope to be able to share any media articles that may result

So, with over 300 replies in this thread you have decided to ignore everyones opinion and advice - wow. Instead of putting all your time in pursuing another job, you're pursuing legal action for losing a job that you didn't even hold for a day?

Even if there was a legal basis for your complaint what would you expect to gain as a result? I doubt any attorney would even take it on a contingency because his fees would probably exceed any judgment. Even cheap attorneys cost a couple hundred an hour.

Unbelievable.
I guess that really explains it all.

[edit on 15-5-2008 by verylowfrequency]

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 02:19 AM
link   

Thank you for all the replies!

I have some meetings in the works, and I promise updates in the next couple of days.

Specifically, I will be nailing down local/state laws pertaining to my situation(no more speculation). Also, finding out if indeed, the fairness ordinance was breached by this daycare.

And I hope to be able to share any media articles that may result from this incident. Yall will be the first to know!!

[edit on 15-5-2008 by hotbakedtater]

yes, good luck.

You should arrive with a freedom of speech sticket on your forehead

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 06:08 AM
link   

I thought the last couple of hundred replies to this thread were getting redundant, but I am going to agree with the last few posts here. Did you not learn anything?

Honestly, I don't think you read the first hundred or so posts. Every once in a while you have thrown in a couple of replies, and I was thinking to myself, hmmmm, when I read them, or you can't be serious.

- The reply where you mentioned that people you had talked to on the phone were also shocked to learn you lost your job due to this.

To this I say, well, if those people were friends, they were probably just trying to sympathise with you, because that is what friends do. If any of them actually believe you were in the right, then I think you need to find a new group of friends.

- You also mentioned that your neighbor thought it was a good idea to make your vehicle a freedom of speech example.

What kind of neighborhood do you live in? Also, do you think your neighbor might have also been sympathising with you, since you live right next door?

Can you imagine the gossip going on in your town about this already? Just imagine that everyone you have told, has now told at least 3 people about you, mentioning the name of the day care center. I would imagine that sooner or later, parents of the children from the center will hear about it, also.

If you involve the media with this circus of yours, and it draws the attention of the media in any way to this day care center, I hope they use every form of legal recourse they can muster against you, if they lose any customers.

You seem to be either one of two things in my opinion.

You are either very thick headed and stubborn, or you are seeking attention which now seems to include plans for the media.

I am leaning more towards you wanting the attention. Either that, or you are also just plain clueless.

Good luck, and I hope you get everything you deserve!

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 06:47 AM
link   
Just a quick point concerning the OP's post:

I wish you'd all stop this "How could this happen in AMERICA or all places" bull#.

You are no longer the "Land of the Free", live with it or do something about it.

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join