It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When we die do we go straight to heaven or do we wait?

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 07:02 PM
link   
Their is no death in Nature. Death is only a transition point for the soul to move from a corporal form to the spiritual one. Your spirit existed before you were born on this beautiful planet and your spirit will exist after you have departed this world.

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 12:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

So your answer then is neither?

For all the near deathers, I have a hard time believing that even though I personally know people who have been through it. If it is your time it is your time and if God is going to take you he will. I don’t think he would give us a sneak peek and just send us back.

As for the reincarnationists, if we are continuously being recycled, what happens to us in the unlikely event that the world should be destroyed?

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by VIKINGANT
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

So your answer then is neither?

For all the near deathers, I have a hard time believing that even though I personally know people who have been through it. If it is your time it is your time and if God is going to take you he will. I don’t think he would give us a sneak peek and just send us back.

As for the reincarnationists, if we are continuously being recycled, what happens to us in the unlikely event that the world should be destroyed?

Firstly, part of my work is in taking what I call the 'deadies' over into the light, so I can see a small flaw in the reasoning above. From my current understanding of things after over 30 years of spiritual journeying in the realms, is that there is no time set aside for your death.

Prior to taking on the flesh, we have made contracts with other souls to co-create experiences here. We also selected a vast array of choices we wanted to have while incarnate, but left a lot of room open for creating on the fly, so to speak.

Each choice you make, whether small or large, is a 'crossover point' that leads you along a different path to the one you would have had taken with a different choice. Each path ends in the death of the body but at a different time. So there cannot be a fated time for death.

Secondly, this thing we call god, does not have the desire for such control as the Judeo/Christian belief-system would have us think. It's only concern is to experience through us what it is and what it is capable of, since we are only a portion of its disseminated energy/awareness. So it is not up to God to give us a glimpse nor to send us back (our higher-self/primary guide does that), it was us who actually chose to have such an experience.

What happens if the world is destroyed? No biggie there my friend, we will do what we did before volunteering to have experiences here. Opportunities for experience in a vast range of life-forms is available throughout this universe, so we would simply volunteer for somewhere else, just as we did before coming here the first time.

Another part of my work is taking people back to re-experience their own incarnations from other times. This is done for two main reasons: 1. To have the client experience for themselves that fact of their own immortality, and 2. to find and understand what issues/agreements we have brought forward with us into our current life. I do not use Hypnotism because it is a poor substitute with too much leeway for suggestion.

I've been using a method called "The Christos" for more than 10 years now and have had great success with the majority of people who were able to have their own re-experience. What is interesting with this is; the soul you are already knows what you need, so when doing this process you automatically go to the lives you need to remember. Each person 'returns' with information and understanding that they would not and could not have gotten from historical books. because it is always of a personal and extremely precise nature that at times opposes what is written in the history books of the 'victors'.

I hope that in some small way I have been able to answer your questions Viking.

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 06:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Tayesin

Great post and points Tayesin

Could you please explain The Christos method you mentioned?

Thanks.

[edit on 6-6-2008 by Paul_Richard]

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tayesin
[

I hope that in some small way I have been able to answer your questions Viking.

Yes. Thank you. and in another way created even more questions....
Like Paul richard I would like to hear more about the Christos method.

Also, you say we CHOSE to be here and have these experiences. Do we really CHOOSE to live in such a troubled world. Does somebody choose the life of a starving third world child etc?

The age old quetion then comes up again for me in relation to this as well. Where did we come from and where are we going in this context.

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 11:59 AM
link   
reply to post by VIKINGANT

Fellow Students; The difficulty lies in the simple misplacement of a comma. There is no punctuation as we know it in the Greek, and the translators decided to place a comma in what is clearly the wrong spot.

"I say unto you today, thou shalt be with me in Paradise."

The above example shows where the comma should be in order translate the Lord's intent as expressed in Greek and translated into English. Numerous examples in Scripture show the same pattern of expression. In addition there are only one or two verses of Scripture that must also be mis-understood in order to support the "sudden death-sudden Glory" idea, while there are numerous verses that support the Resurrection "at the last day".

May God bless and keep you all in His perfect care.

apilgrim2

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 02:43 PM
link   
No provision was made, at creation, to deal with death, as far as what happens to your soul.
Man was made to be a living being that was meant to live forever.
It was not God's plan for man to die, even though He knew it was a possibility.
Adam was given a choice, meaning really that God warned him that there was something that could kill him.
Death is just exactly what the word implies.
You have to remove the meaning of the word, altogether, to come up with a theory about what happens later.
So, to get around that problem, you can deny that death exists.
Just close your mind off completely to the world around you and live in a pretend world.
I mentioned at least once on this forum that I was taken by five demons to hell.
Obviously I did not die, so my point is you can be shown a version of what you may be facing after you die.
I could sit here and describe the experience in detail (I have, if you want to look for it) but right at this moment, I have to imagine it was a deception, perpetrated by these demons.
They could figure out your personality and come up with an afterlife version that will work to de-rail you from your proper path.

[edit on 14-6-2008 by jmdewey60]

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 09:17 PM
link   
reply to post by jmdewey60

Why then does Jesus and many other places in the bible discuss heaven and the 'paradise' that is promised to us? We have to go somewhere.

Also, I would be intersted in your mentioned experiences. could you post a link for me or U2U

Ta
Ant

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 02:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by jmdewey60
No provision was made, at creation, to deal with death, as far as what happens to your soul.
Man was made to be a living being that was meant to live forever.
It was not God's plan for man to die, even though He knew it was a possibility.

I would have to disagree, man was not created in a state that would live forever, or man would never have been kicked out the garden in the first place. People wrongly think the only reason Adam and Eve were kicked out the garden of eden was an act of punishment for eating of the tree of knowledge. While this was part of the reason, the main reason is stated in the book of Genesis.....

GENESIS 3:22 And the LORD God said, Behold, the man is become as one of us, to know good and evil: and now, lest he put forth his hand, and take also of the tree of life, and eat, and live forever:
23 Therefore the LORD God sent him forth from the garden of Eden, to till the ground from whence he was taken.
24 So he drove out the man; and he placed at the east of the garden of Eden Cherubims, and a flaming sword which turned every way, to keep the way of the tree of life.

After eating of the tree of knowledge, Adam and Eve were kicked out to prevent them from eating of the tree of life also, and living forever, therefore they must have not already been in a state that could live forever if they needed to eat of this fruit to do so. When God said if you eat of the tree of knowledge you shall surely die, he didn't mean that it would be this fruit that would kill him, but the results of his actions would prevent him from eating of the tree of life that would allow him to escape death.

Thanks to the sacrifice of Jesus Christ and his atonement for all or sins, eternal life is once again on offer.

1CORINTHIANS 15:20 But now is Christ risen from the dead, and become the firstfruits of them that slept.
21 For since by man came death, by man came also the resurrection of the dead.
22 For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive.

Romans 6:23 For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 07:16 AM
link   

"Marvel not at this: for the hour is coming, in which all that are in the graves shall hear his voice, and shall come forth; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, until the resurrection of damnation." John 5: 28, 29.

Jesus said nothing about the soul leaving the body at death, nor did Jesus say anything about going to heaven. If you went to heaven immediately at death, there would be no need for a resurrection. Also, notice, that Jesus doesn't state any stipulations other than "good" and "evil". Nothing is said about those who are believers, or non believers.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by VIKINGANT
reply to post by jmdewey60

Why then does Jesus and many other places in the bible discuss heaven and the 'paradise' that is promised to us? We have to go somewhere.
Also, I would be intersted in your mentioned experiences. could you post a link for me or U2U
This thread was not posted on for three weeks, after I made my post, so I missed it that someone else replied. VIKINGANT has not posted on ATS for a while so I can't ask him a question and expect an answer.
My post was basically establishing that God did not create Hell before He created Man. I would have gone on to explain more, including what VIKINGANT asked here if someone would have asked. That was my philosophy for posting three years ago, which was to say something and see if there was any interest, and if so to continue, if not, leave it and go on to another topic. I seem to have more time to post now so I don't post quite like that any more.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 11:56 AM
link   
reply to post by doctorex

. . .man was not created in a state that would live forever, or man would never have been kicked out the garden in the first place. People wrongly think the only reason Adam and Eve were kicked out the garden of eden was an act of punishment for eating of the tree of knowledge. While this was part of the reason, the main reason is stated in the book of Genesis.....
After eating of the tree of knowledge, Adam and Eve were kicked out to prevent them from eating of the tree of life also, and living forever, therefore they must have not already been in a state that could live forever if they needed to eat of this fruit to do so. When God said if you eat of the tree of knowledge you shall surely die, he didn't mean that it would be this fruit that would kill him, but the results of his actions would prevent him from eating of the tree of life that would allow him to escape death.
They were kicked out so as to not have access to the tree of life.
Eating from the tree of knowledge probably did not give them complete knowledge and probably would have had to eat from it continually over a long period of time, or forever. The same thing could apply to the tree of life, otherwise, having a tree makes no sense to start with. Eating once would not have made them live forever. Eating from the tree of life forever would have kept them alive.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 03:59 AM
link   

Also, I would be intersted in your mentioned experiences.
Since there is not much going on here at 4:15 am. I could add something to this thread and it will be on topic.
I spent two months in Hades, so I feel like I can speak on it with some sort of authority.
Since I posted earlier today, I started thinking about my experience and what sort of meaning could come from it. What do you say when you go to hell and somehow come back? That there is such a place? That would not come as a shock to most people. What would be a shock, then? Hmm, let me think. That you (normally) get stuck there forever? Now I am looking at the thread title and the question is; do we wait? So maybe what I need to say is that if you were to go to that place, you will be waiting for nothing, forever. That sounds probably really stupid and you may think, why would God bring someone from Hades to say something so stupid? Imagine all of a sudden finding yourself in this place and not knowing why or how you got there or even where you were. Was something going to happen? Are you waiting for something to happen? Will anything actually happen or is it some false hope that somehow it is going to change from what you are currently experiencing? Can you stand it? What is, it?
To get away from this dreariness a bit, I would say that if you do not want this to happen to you, then do something about it now, while you can, and it is not just thinking about it for a minute and then you are all done. You have to think about it all the time. Not so much as at the top of every thought but under the surface a bit where everything is judged and weighed against that final destination and how you can go somewhere else.
Back to the dreariness again for a second; yes and no, is the answer to the question because I died twice, so I had two perspectives on death, one where I left with my spirit and one where I stayed with my body. Your current life is your body and that goes to black. Your next life is, from the perspective of consciousness, continuous from one to the other, so, as far as the body, there is no waiting because that just ends very abruptly. As for the spirit, no there is no waiting as in sleeping for a long time and then having a new awareness of existence. But then there is a waiting forever if you did not live to be ready for an existence better than just being in some sort of stasis.
edit on 16-9-2011 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 6  7  8   >>

join