It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA about to announce something Big?

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 11:12 AM
link   
you guys gonna be checking that nasa site for the streaming video tomm?

just in case they have some interesting info.

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Guys, about a new found planet, i already told you that recently a group of astronomers published the findings of an Earth planet. One and a half times as big as Earth and with a general temperature of 40 degrees celsius, which, ofcourse, makes liquid water possible, and by that, life.

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by myheadhurts

Nice find.

Uh, remember all those 'fantastical' things that ST:OS found in space that were hostile (read: plot development;MacGuffin)?

Space.com

Astronomers have found a piece of the universe's puzzle that's been missing for awhile: a type of extremely hot, dense matter that is all but invisible to us.

A similar baryonic haze, 150 times hotter than the sun's surface, was indirectly detected surrounding the Milky Way and connecting about three dozen other galaxies known collectively as the Local Group in 2003 by astronomers at Harvard and Ohio State Universities.

This is a little different it seems from the Wiki-Baryonic matter definition

Baryonic matter is matter composed mostly of baryons (by mass), which includes atoms of any sort (and thus includes nearly all matter that we may encounter or experience in everyday life, including our bodies). Non-baryonic matter, as implied by the name, is any sort of matter that is not primarily composed of baryons. This might include such ordinary matter as neutrinos or free electrons; however, it may also include exotic species of non-baryonic dark matter, such as supersymmetric particles, axions or black holes.

If this is true and webs of Baryonic matter are found, then it changes the perception of space being a lot of 'emptiness'. Doubt it exists within solar systems, so travel there might be OK. But could be a hazard to interstellar travel.

Quarantine Factors?
Radiation, vast distances, hard vacuum, cold, micro gravity and now:

hot, ultra-thin gas haze of very low density that emits far-ultraviolet and X-ray radiation

Shields up?

Do planetary systems ever pass through this stuff. Yikes!

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 01:14 PM
link   
They found the real moon landing tapes.... So they are now going to announce that They all the old stuff was made up.. And here are the real ones. lol

Or they found the lost mars probe and it Turns out that they had a drinking party in the command center and one the guys want to make one of the gals see stars and they acciedently park it behind jupiter.

Problem solved.

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 01:14 PM
link   
well we can all make outrageous claims what it might be.. even I can make some up.. like
1. they activated a stargate and sended someone or thing trough but they tried to find it / them for the past 50 years.

2. they accidentally activated the engine of the crashed roswell ufo or a basic prototype they made and now they finally found it back.

3. they tracked the propulsion trails back to its origin. And we know now the location of a habited planet.

4. The home planet of Elvis might than also be a possibility

5. or it is something less from the above. and something more of a finding with more of Nasa's disinformation ..

[edit on 13-5-2008 by MarkLuitzen]

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 01:25 PM
link   
I have a question, Since NASA was established 49 years ago, and even allowing for that anal silliness, when it was first set to business it was not 'searching' for anything. It was pretty much a aeronautics engineering concern trying to manufacture and perfect launch systems and 'manned' flight capable vehicles.

So what have 'they' been searching for for 50 years? Missing payroll records?

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Maxmars

nasa may be called nasa for 50 years but before that it was a part of Naca.. so it excist somewhat longer.

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maxmars
So what have 'they' been searching for for 50 years? Missing payroll records?

More likely that they are searching for the proper way of disposing those records to dissuade any possible "Eurekas!"

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 01:35 PM
link   
My money is on Dark Mater

news.yahoo.com...;_ylt=Al1aqLue_8f0HHA1g50kqe_POrgF

www.livescience.com...

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 01:35 PM
link   
When is the announcement going to be? Pretty soon right?

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by doit
My money is on Dark Mater

You mean this?

(If you read the rest of the article it's Baryonic matter being referenced, not Dark Matter).

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlasteR
When is the announcement going to be? Pretty soon right?

Its going to be tomorrow, (Wed May 14th at 1PM Eastern Time.) We will start the coverage of the teleconference around 12:15 pm or 12: 30pm. This will be a live broadcast of it all. Maybe while it happens if any of you have questions you want Jack to ask, I guess you could just shoot him an email while its going and he will ask them.

He keeps saying he is going to say; "Yeah, yeah, thats great news what you found, now, can you please tell us about the some of the craft seen in the STS videos that are clearly not ours?"

He is joking but that would be funny.

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 06:21 PM
link   
It's ok guys, you can all relax, I have the answer.

news.bbc.co.uk...

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 08:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Zemouk

No what I did was dispel Euro-jingoism and obvious falsehood to be generous or purposeful misdirection to be less charitable.

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 09:22 PM
link   
Spoiler here...

It is an Earth 'like' planet that they have found. Stay tuned for the rest of the story.

NASA will not be telling you much more than that.

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 09:35 PM
link   
Very curious timing:

VATICAN CITY (AP) - The Vatican's chief astronomer says that believing in aliens does not contradict faith in God.
The Rev. Jose Gabriel Funes, the Jesuit director of the Vatican Observatory, says that the vastness of the universe means it is possible there could be other forms of life outside Earth, even intelligent ones.

In an interview published Tuesday by Vatican newspaper L'Osservatore Romano, Funes says that such a notion "doesn't contradict our faith" because aliens would still be God's creatures.

The interview was headlined "The extraterrestrial is my brother." Funes said that ruling out the existence of aliens would be like "putting limits" on God's creative freedom.

www.breitbart.com...

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 11:22 PM
link   
Is it here yet , Is it here yet
Show me the Monkey !
Has anyone heard anything yet?

Edit : I heard about this then saw the thread ,then checked the date and saw it was the 14 but didn't realize it was past midnight which of coarse means it will be announced at 1:00 pm today

[edit on 14-5-2008 by moonking]

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 11:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by truthsetfree2009
Very curious timing:
The interview was headlined "The extraterrestrial is my brother." Funes said that ruling out the existence of aliens would be like "putting limits" on God's creative freedom.

Well, this plus the earlier post about the spacefaring monkey lost in '58 puts all the pieces of the puzzle together. Perhaps our monkey friends was rescued by aliens and taken back to their Earth-like planet in the far reaches of the galaxy, and much like the feral children raised in the wild by wolves (for those of you who read the recent werewolf thread
!) has now evolved to a sort of alien-monkey hybrid...which might be more similar to us than we imagine!

OK, that is just wild speculation and I personally am leaning much towards the mundane explanations.

But really, I was hoping for an Asgard mothership...

On a side note, I'm not a Christian but I do have a "sense" (never Belief) of some higher power...and I personally agree with the Pope's idea that banning belief in ETs would be like a limitation on the power of the divine (not that I trust the Catholic church by ANY means...I'm sure there's an agenda behind that statement for sure.)

[edit on 13-5-2008 by shipovfools]

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 12:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymous ATS
Spoiler here...

It is an Earth 'like' planet that they have found. Stay tuned for the rest of the story.

NASA will not be telling you much more than that.

Like ive said 3 times in this topic already. People arent listening!
And NASA needs to stop this facade with their press conference because some astronomers already made this public in the last couple of days.

Maybe its part of disclosure. First they tell us they have found a second Earth, 40 degrees celsius, makes liquid water and life possible. Then for like a year we dont hear anything anymore, to get used to the idea and thean BANG! "Ladys and gentleman, after some more extensive research we have found intelligent life on Earth II, very much like are own".

Damn that would be great.

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 12:43 AM
link   
I'm feeling a rush i've never felt before in all my life and it feels great. I hope this is the beggining of change.

Or maybe it's nothing to be shocked or surprised with.. but i don't know this just feels.. "shocky" already. let's see what happens! I hope for the better!

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join