It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA about to announce something Big?

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2008 @ 04:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by SilentShadow

I am going to e-mail them. I will let you guys know if i get any response.

Well i thought i would give an update, as of now, no word. Sorry... i tried my best.

Consolation is that it appears we are close to deducing the truth anyway.

posted on May, 11 2008 @ 08:02 AM
link   
I find it interesting whatever they have found. Looking forward to the info on Wednesday the 14th. I honestly don't think it is going to be anything to do with life on another planet, they wouldn't say... and I think most people on ATS know theres something not exactly right with their information in this area anyway.

One thing which really annoys me and is why I stopped posting on here a few months back (which I said back then) is people bringing religion into scientific / informative discussions, they do it constantly and it's getting beyond annoying now.

posted on May, 11 2008 @ 08:15 AM
link   
i bet its a black hole

posted on May, 11 2008 @ 08:20 AM
link   
It will be a black hole and everybody will get disappointed as usual.

When are you going to understand that NASA is a military agency and they are NOT on your (the public's) side?

Prepare for something disappointing, there is no doubt in my mind.

[edit on 11-5-2008 by Copernicus]

posted on May, 11 2008 @ 10:41 AM
link   
C'mon you guys. I don't think anyone in here bashing NASA don't even have a chance in their lifetime capable of achieving the discoveries made by NASA in the past 50 years alone.

Wow if some of the people in here are so smart and better than NASA why don't the people who bash NASA build their own spaceships?

The biased mindset of some people in this board towards discoveries by our leading space agency is apalling. If you are so smart try and go to the moon yourself...

Try and build your own rocket to get to the moon see how smart you are...

Also whoever is bashing NASA you should stop watching TV, the internet and travel by air or anything to do with satellites because if it wasn't for NASA, satellite based communication and technology wouldn't be possibe.

If not go live in Russia or something...

Give them a break!

[edit on 11-5-2008 by Macrotus]

posted on May, 11 2008 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Macrotus
C'mon you guys. I don't think anyone in here bashing NASA don't even have a chance in their lifetime capable of achieving the discoveries made by NASA in the past 50 years alone.

Wow if some of the people in here are so smart and better than NASA why don't the people who bash NASA build their own spaceships?

The biased mindset of some people in this board towards discoveries by our leading space agency is apalling. If you are so smart try and go to the moon yourself...

Also whoever is bashing NASA you should stop watching TV, the internet and travel by air or anything to do with satellites because if it wasn't for NASA, satellite based communication and technology wouldn't be possibe.

Give them a break!

.........most satellites are launched by Europe...the first satellite was Russian and the inventor of the communication sat was British...even the tv was invented by the British...

posted on May, 11 2008 @ 11:23 AM
link   
lol stab in the dark.

they detected tachyons?

posted on May, 11 2008 @ 11:25 AM
link   

money.

second not everyone thinks space is the best place to "waste" huge amounts of money at the moment with our problems at the moment.
especially, no offense, if there is another country willing to spend oodles of money on it even during economic crisis the result of which are scientific/public domain (papers, publications etc).

besides the european designed and built "hauler" is going to replace the shuttle which is due for retirement. which leaves american presence a bit dim after. for a while at least.

[edit on 11/5/2008 by David2012]

posted on May, 11 2008 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Give them a break!

Not even NASA was able to design and build a rocket that was capable of going to the moon. We brought in german rocket scientists to do that (like Von Braun). That's the whole reason the Saturn 5 was so successful.

From Wikipedia...
en.wikipedia.org...

the Saturn V was designed under the direction of Wernher von Braun at the Marshall Space Flight Center in Huntsville, Alabama, with Boeing, North American Aviation, Douglas Aircraft Company, and IBM as the lead contractors

-ChriS

[edit on 11-5-2008 by BlasteR]

posted on May, 11 2008 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Most stars like our own yellow dwarf, Sol, exist in pairs (binary star systems.) Sometimes the partner star is the same type, sometimes a totally different type of star, such as a red or brown dwarf.

Brown dwarf stars are almost impossible to detect visually because, well, they're brown and give off almost no visible light...however, the Chandra X-Ray Telescope is capable of detecting radiation emitted by brown dwarves in the form of, you guessed it, x-rays.

Brown dwarf stars, along with black holes, are suspected of being responsible for at least some of the "dark matter" making up the mass of the universe that can't be accounted for, and belong to a class of stuff called MACHOs=MAssive Compact Halo Objects....not to be confused with WIMPS=Weakly Interacting Massive Particles, aka "itty bitty stuff spread out all over space."

Perhaps a very nearby brown dwarf's x-ray emissions have been detected by Chandra...and perhaps ground-based telescopes, and Swift and Hubble have confirmed that the location/distance of this lil' Milk Dud is in our astronomical "back yard," say, less than 1 light year from our own Solar system.

Perhaps, Milk Dud has a few lil' planets (Raisinets???) orbiting (but not yet confirmed.)

My two cents...

[edit on 11-5-2008 by ezziboo]

posted on May, 11 2008 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Give them a break!

With billions of $ of public money... and they can't even tell the public the full story. I wonder why people are so against them? Nothing to do with what they have done.

.........most satellites are launched by Europe...the first satellite was Russian and the inventor of the communication sat was British...even the tv was invented by the British...

posted on May, 11 2008 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Maybe its that planet Nibiru that has a #ed up orbit around out sun that i read sooo much about..... but i hope not... kuz that would just be so #ed up..

posted on May, 11 2008 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by ruffryda1987
Maybe its that planet Nibiru that has a #ed up orbit around out sun that i read sooo much about..... but i hope not... kuz that would just be so #ed up..

yeah that wouldn't be very good... for us, on short term..

But hey, look on the bright side... No more Bush & Co...!.

posted on May, 11 2008 @ 04:23 PM
link   
A. These Anti-American vs. Europe side fights are destructive and childish. I imagine we all have similar interests and hopes being on this board. Somehow we prick each other and turn into little "W"'s, or the European elites -- its nuts - that isn't getting anyone anywhere

B. Anyone who thinks Europe "has more satellites than America" is my friends seriously misinformed.

"Europe" is not not really even a member of the club:

In January there were 872 satellites in orbit and 443 or 50.8% were from the U.S. - No other country has more than 90.
Russia has 85 (9%), China has 40 (4%), Japan 35 (3%), China 11 leaving about 44% of all satellites to be shared by Canada (the biggest remainder with 11, Israel, India etc.) If we count every European country as "Europe" we might reach a number that is over 1/2 the satellites that the U.S. has - but not much more than that ... the statement that "most are from Europe" is such an obvious and patent falsehood that it smells of (red) herring.

[edit on 11-5-2008 by Landru]

posted on May, 11 2008 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Could it be that they will advise us of a whitehole that they have found? Or, maybe just some more cr*p that is waterd down that much that the facts have been lost?

posted on May, 11 2008 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Myrdyn
reply to post by Riposte

By that logic you can't actually see anything. You can only see the light that is reflected from it. Light is a form of radiation - and that is how we see Black Holes. We observe the radiation produced by matter that is destroyed as it enters the event horizon of a Black Hole. Most of that radiation is in the X-ray frequency range.

Black Holes are also quite massive, which means that less massive objects and material will orbit/spiral around them. When this formation is seen with aparently nothing at the centre, it is a good indication of a Black Hole.

[edit on 8/5/08 by Myrdyn]

Yes but you see... the thing is, black holes do not exist.

posted on May, 11 2008 @ 08:21 PM
link   
It is called MISDIRECTION! Right on time too!
I'd suggest we keep a close eye on Israel...

5,4,3,2,1...."KAPHUCKINGBOOM!"

posted on May, 11 2008 @ 09:07 PM
link   
People still believe in NASA??

Hey I wanna know what Internos has to say about this!

watchZEITGEISTnow

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 03:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by watchZEITGEISTnow
People still believe in NASA??

Hey I wanna know what Internos has to say about this!

watchZEITGEISTnow

ouch you used to BELIEVE in nasa do you BELIEVE in fairies too? don't believe, know or don't know... believing is a useless inbetween unless it's about morals and ideals.

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 05:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by phaistonian
Any idea what this news release is about? www.nasa.gov...

It for sure sounds promising and interesting.

Can any body tell me if this will be aired in australia at all or if it will reach mainstrwam news stations and wat time in america it will be in australia time? if u can email me at [email protected]

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join