It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA about to announce something Big?

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 08:50 AM
link   
Whats still bugging me is the use of the word 'object', rather than 'entity' , 'body' or some other general astronomical word. To describe a super black hole as an object just does not sit right with me, neither does a planet or a star....

'Object' to me means something man made or at the least from an intelligence.

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 09:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

The time listed in the article linked to indicating when the embargo will end would coincide with the time (an hour before I believe?) of the scheduled news conference. Maybe there is indeed something to that explanation.

Astronomers Find Youngest Supernova Remnant In Milky Way

The 2008 radio image above the 1985 radio image.
by Staff Writers
London UK (SPX) May 14, 2008
article withdrawn pending embargo ending at 18:00 BST.

Source: www.spacedaily.com...

[edit on 5/14/2008 by AceWombat04]

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 09:28 AM
link   
reply to post by AceWombat04

Everyone should have listened to me back on page 4 when I disclosed that the announcement was going to have to do with the youngest supernova ever detected in our solar system...we could have saved 15 more pages of senseless speculation and wild rumor....

[edit on 5/14/2008 by behindthescenes]

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 09:35 AM
link   
if the first image was taken on 1985, then why did they said it was 50 years?

and if they knew about the supernova 23 years ago, why they are annoucing it now?

also the images was taken with a radio telescope, chandra is an x-ray telescope

[edit on 14-5-2008 by CzErased]

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 09:56 AM
link   
So, they where searching for a supernova for 50 years and finally found it?

that's what theyre saying if your correct..

i don't think so. And a supernova isn't exactly an object is it?

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Lets hopes ALF is sitting next to some one at the Press Conference

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 10:44 AM
link   
This is a very interesting topic with all the news of late. I am particularly interested to see if this has anything to do with extraterrestrial life though. This question comes to mind really because of the recent BBC news of the release of previously classified UFO docs. Maybe they caught wind of some sort of disclosure by NASA and wanted to, in a minimalistic way, beat them to the punch.

I look forward to hear what comes of this announcement.

Most likely it will not be what I proposed, but it should be interesting none the less. I agree that it will probably be something that the scientific community will be/has been looking forward to for some time, but may not be a "mind blowing" revelation for the general public.

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 10:46 AM
link   
MAYBE THEY'VE DISCOVERED A "DOPPLEGANGER" OF EARTH???

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Antimatter happens (I hope
)

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Sorry for what may seem a dumb question.

Can someone please tell what time it will be on in the UK (GMT)? 6pm?

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 11:10 AM
link   
I would guess the moment is right about now.

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Man I am running on pure excitement right now. I am at the studio, we are doing some audio tests right now and getting ready to go live for this thing. The host of the program has been in phone calls sense I got here. Everyone under the sun is calling him right now wanting to get their possible questions in for NASA today concerning this.

We are going to start broadcasting in about 15 min and going to have open lines for about 20 min before we patch in to the teleconference. I am just excited as hell about this.

I will let you all know what it is once we are done broadcasting.

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by davidifty
Sorry for what may seem a dumb question.

Can someone please tell what time it will be on in the UK (GMT)? 6pm?

Yup that's what time i make it

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 11:14 AM
link   
45 minutes to go, no matter where you live at!!!

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 11:16 AM
link   
I want this to be big, but I feel it isn't. here's why. If this was something like an earth like planet or aliens or life of any kind I think the presedent would be the one to reveal this on every tv station in prime time. Something that big is not something NASA would be in charge of announcing and only to a limited audience on NASA TV.

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Well looking around different places with people guessing and thinking what this announcements going to be about..I would have to say the biggest guesses are "BLACK HOLE" type thing. The least was, " Mexicans on Gliese 581 d."

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Just for the people who want to hear audio and not watch the event the audio link will come up when they are ready to go

www.nasa.gov...

NASA News Audio Live Streaming COMING UP:
1 p.m. EDT, Wednesday, May 14

NASA has scheduled a media teleconference to announce the discovery of an object in our Galaxy astronomers have been hunting for more than 50 years.

* A link to the streaming audio will appear here before the event.

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Gosh I wish it was closed captioned. The link to closed captioned NASA live Tv doesn't work.

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 11:20 AM
link   
I feel stupid for anticipating this its not the bloody Oscars. its funny that after the announcement Im sure we would come here ranting about how it was not worth all the fuss but whatever.

[edit on 14-5-2008 by DuneKnight]

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 11:21 AM
link   
I say its a big "coyote bus" spaceship they developed to send all the mexicans in America to a distant planet... (but they really don't have enough gas for it but shh don't tell the mexicans!) lol

new topics

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join