It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The ATS Issues Thread

page: 56
<< 53  54  55    57  58  59 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 03:10 AM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

Hi jimmyx,

Please check your u2us...I've sent you one including the content of your deleted reply and an explanation as to why it may have been deleted.

Cheers.

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 10:53 AM
link   
So, Springer. Even though I accepted the explanation and apologised for my manner to Hieke you still thought it appropriate to ''fine'' me a thousand points. Even though I was not abusive and kept within the terms and conditions?

Please explain the justification behind this abuse of power, if you don't answer I will post until you do.

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by hsur2112

We all need all the hugs we can get.

And it wasn't addressed "at" you. Have you read this thread? There's a thousand things people want changed, and a thousand of the same things other people want kept the same. And everyone wants it (not) done in a timely fashion.

If I hurt your feelings with a post that I meant in a general way, then I do apologize.

Did you look for a moderator in that specific forum and send a U2U concerning that specific problem? It has been my experience that usually this will get a more detailed look at your area of concern. Did you contact the mod that did the actual closing? Did you file a complaint outlining the concerns you had, so that available staff could review the matter? These are all methods for reaching a conclusion to a nagging concern with what takes place here.

A lot of the "problems" can be handled if the right people are contacted. And as a Mod, if I can't handle it myself, I'll find someone who can, even if I have to go to the top and bug the Amigos for an answer. (Just ask SO how I can nag.) Now the answer, whomever it comes from, may not be the one desired, but that's another whole kettle of fish. At least it is an answer.

I'm sure I'm not alone in feeling that addressing the concerns of members is of paramount importance. However, failure to do so is usually one of a lack of communication through logical channels.

Again, my apologies if I sounded like I was singling you out.

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Corum
So, Springer. Even though I accepted the explanation and apologised for my manner to Hieke you still thought it appropriate to ''fine'' me a thousand points. Even though I was not abusive and kept within the terms and conditions?

Please explain the justification behind this abuse of power, if you don't answer I will post until you do.

Springer, just in case you forget what was in the post you deleted and then fined me a thousand points for, I'll quote the entire post underneath. It was directed towards Heike, for whom I posted an apology to, he/she is cool.

Those questions were directed towards management. Are you management? Nope. So do me a favour and stay out of it.

And that was it, so Springer, you tell me why that post was deleted and why you fined me a thousand points for it, you tell me, because I'm not going anywhere until you do.

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Corum

I think it's clearly self-explanatory. If that's not enough, and you decide to continue posting disruptively, you posting privileges will be removed until you stop.

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 04:02 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 03:41 PM
link   
My search function hasn't been working for a few days now.

I get; search is temporarily offline

Weird

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Well MODS, I agree with you and if someone dosen't like it just tell them to start their own website and then they will SEE for themselves!

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 01:26 PM
link   
WHERE IS MY AVATAR?

hey every one, can any one see my avatar?
i can't see it but i can see every one else's; i have never had this problem before and i am wondering if it's just me.
thanks for any help you guys can give me.

Here is the avatar i am trying to upload:

made byROSWELL1

[edit on 21-10-2008 by miguelbmx]

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 01:29 PM
link   
I am seeing a white box with a red X in the middle, which usually indicates a problem with the coding you used or a problem with the host.

Where is your avatar hosted from?

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by MemoryShock

photo bucket.. i have always used photo bucket on my few avatars.

I don't understand, it was fine yesterday.

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord

Originally posted by hikix
Hope he didn't get banned.

Why do you think we would ban him for that?

Because he is afraid that "free speech" is not really what it means. He, like most of us simply need to refine the way what we believe is said. That's just the way it is. I have been able to do this. I simply use "other words" or "extended explainations" in order to say what I want to convey. But I think there is some fear out there by some. That's what it is really, just some fear.

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by miguelbmx

When I do 'copy image location' on the red X, I get a double URL of both ATS and Photo Bucket.

It should just be the photo bucket link.

You have a double url it looks like in your avatar slot. Go to member center and just paste in the PB link.
When you pasted the new link, you might not have deleted the old link.

Edit to add: Just a guess that is. Some people I made avatars for never could get it to work either.

[edit on 10/21/2008 by AshleyD]

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 02:08 PM
link   

I can see it and it ROCKS! Nice one.

Springer...

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

Really? that's weird, thanks for your help.
Also a big thank you to memoryshock for making quick work of this one.

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Springer

Thank you it was made by ROSWELL1, seems i was making the mistake of putting the [img] tag on it and it would not show.

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 03:15 PM
link   
search is temporarily offline.

Anyone know why? I am having this problems 4 days now

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Grey Magic

Search is disabled until further notice due to security issues.

Springer...

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Springer

does this have anything to do with the attack we had ?

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 04:44 PM
link   

It has to do with an attack (don't know which one you are referring to)...

The script kiddy hacked into the search and implimented a multi-million word/string search that overloaded the db server.

Springer...

new topics

top topics

<< 53  54  55    57  58  59 >>

join