It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The ATS Issues Thread

page: 164
<< 161  162  163    165  166  167 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 10:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Mintwithahole.

I think that, like most things in real life, depend on who you talk to.

So, if a complaint to a Mod remains unanswered (or a U2U unread) I think you should contact a different Mod (or SuperMod) telling what happened (both things, the reason for the complaint and that you have already presented a complaint that remains unanswered).

I have had more results contacting NASA scientists than some ATS Mods, and that is a fact.

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 10:13 AM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

I think the only way to contact a mod, or super mod is through a seance!
At least when you're at a seance and ask if there's anyone there you may get an answer!

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Remember, you're dealing with an all volunteer staff. We have real lives too.

I'd suggest U2Uing the mod that issued the warning again. They may not be online at the time, you should give them some time to respond.

For the record, I think the staff has their act together.

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by elevatedone

Remember, you're dealing with an all volunteer staff. We have real lives too.

I'd suggest U2Uing the mod that issued the warning again. They may not be online at the time, you should give them some time to respond.

For the record, I think the staff has their act together.

Well you would think they have their act together! You're one of them. . . You say that you're an all volunteer staff- fine, I accept that but if you have the time to send me a warning when I've done nothing then please do me the courtesy of telling me why and answering my questions! It's not fair to punish someone without telling them why.
And as for contacting the mod who issued the warning. . . tried that without any success. They are most probably busy handing out warnings to other innocent members of ATS.

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mintwithahole.
It's not fair to punish someone without telling them why.
Although the fairness can be relative, I think that it looses the educational value, saying "don't do it" and not saying what the "it" was will probably result in a future repetition of the "offence".

They are most probably busy handing out warnings to other innocent members of ATS.
Now, that is not being fair. You do not know why you were warned but act as if you were innocent, and now you imply that they do it on purpose.

That kind of reaction may get an answer from a Mod, but probably not the one you want.

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 10:47 AM
link   

And as for contacting the mod who issued the warning. . . tried that without any success. They are most probably busy handing out warnings to other innocent members of ATS.

Did you really think you could say that without me reacting to it? Did you honestly try to contact me via U2U or otherwise or not?

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 01:19 PM
link   
My subscribed threads have deleted themselves..

Dont think it was me, I didnt press the buttons next to them (cos I know that deletes them lol)

Is there any other way this could of happened...can I get them back..

(I think the answer will be NO but I live in hope)

Anyway, just a bit annoying..

Thanks,

JQ.

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by John Q

John Q,
Unfortunately that would seem the case, you'll just have to go through your recent posts and rebuild them from scratch.

Inadvertantly or otherwise, it would seem you may have unintentionally/unknowingly clicked on the all at the top of the list ... effectively rendering your previously subscribed threads null and void.

If you find yourself in need of any further assistance Please don't hesitate to ask. :up;

All the best...

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by 12m8keall2c

Ah ... recent posts, didnt think of that one. Thank you.

That makes life a lot easier.

Oh... and congrats on the new promotion too.

Cheers,

JQ.

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Well you would think they have their act together! You're one of them. . . You say that you're an all volunteer staff- fine, I accept that but if you have the time to send me a warning when I've done nothing then please do me the courtesy of telling me why and answering my questions! It's not fair to punish someone without telling them why.

Did you contact the mod that warned you? If you want me to tell you in public what serious T&C violation you committed I will oblige you.

For everyone else filing a Complaint/Suggestion, which is in your Member Center, is your best bet. Like it's been said, we have lives. It's vacation time and we go away at times. Personally I was away for a couple of months. That function gets the attention of all the staff, especially those that are not on vacation.

Edit: For accuracy.

[edit on 21-8-2009 by intrepid]

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 01:53 PM
link   
My Flag Contribution Level never changes. I have given tons of flags to posts as I am on almost daily. I have seen members that accounts were relatively new compared to mine, and theirs has changed already. I looked for a thread on flags contribution level and the threads I read all said to post issues here.

OK, here it is. Are there any problems with our flag contribution level not working for some reason? Or is there a minimum number to get any change at all. I probably have several hundred at lease and it could be closer to 1,000. Now maybe that is still a low number, but I have to inquire now because it has been bugging me lol!

Thanks for any information about the system, and if there has been issues with individual accounts, could someone look into mine.

Thanks,
spirit_horse

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by spirit_horse

The level only changes when you receive flags for your own threads. It's not how many threads you have flagged

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 01:55 PM
link   

You have 0 flags...

That's why your contribution level is not rising. And I only see one thread with 22 replies in your profile.

~Keeper

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 01:57 PM
link   

The flag contribution level registering a change in your profile is determined by the number of flags given to you on threads you've created. Although we certainly appreciate your flagging threads you find worthy of a flag, that isn't a metric we retain, and has no effect on your profile.

Create threads which are flagged. That is the criterion for having the indicator in your profile change.

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by 12m8keall2c

I think that dangerous option should be removed, I have seen several people complaining of disappearing subscriptions, and I don't think that it is much used.

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid

Did you contact the mod that warned you? If you want me to tell you in public what serious T&C violation you committed I will oblige you.

For everyone else filing a Complaint/Suggestion, which is in your Member Center, is your best bet. Like it's been said, we have lives. It's vacation time and we go away at times. Personally I was away for a couple of months. That function gets the attention of all the staff, especially those that are not on vacation.

Edit: For accuracy.

[edit on 21-8-2009 by intrepid]

Finally received my answer to what I did. I pasted a quote from a book and at the end quoted the book and it's author but because I didn't use quotes I've been fined 500 points (I'm not bothered about that) and given a warning. Is this really what ATS promotes? If you're not computer savvy then don't join this site!!! I've pasted in text before as I did on that thread and nobody has even told me that what I was doing was wrong!

I'm sorry all but this is pathetic. . .

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 06:39 PM
link   

If you're not computer savvy then don't join this site!!! I've pasted in text before as I did on that thread and nobody has even told me that what I was doing was wrong!

I'm sorry all but this is pathetic. . .

Irrelevant and whiny. I've been here for going on 6 years and I'm still not computer savvy:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

The difference is that I take responsibility when I'm wrong. I don't whine about it.

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 06:57 PM
link   

No, I don't suppose you do whine! You just give in. . . Well I'm not. This is a ridiculous reason to warn and dock someone points, especially when I referenced the book and author!
Like I said, "This is pathetic!"

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gemwolf

Did you really think you could say that without me reacting to it? Did you honestly try to contact me via U2U or otherwise or not?

I said it so you would react to it! And it worked. . . Nothing you say is going to convince me that warning me about plagiarism when I actually quote the author and book that I took the text out of is fair. All I'm doing is attempting to get my point across without being called whiny or whatever.

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Sorry for butting in here M, I realize you might have had some trouble achieving initial communication with staff ... but ... it has been my observation that airing this stuff out in public is not really the best way to get any remedy for any perceived issue.

Perhaps a warn tag is a little excessive for a simple matter of not hyperlinking to a source, yet if you consider this:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

the penalty is not as severe as it might have been.

It looks like this has been an ongoing issue with ATS members and perhaps you have been somewhat unfairly caught up in it. Still, calling the staff pathetic is a little over the top in my humble opinion.

Don't know if any of this makes you feel better, consider it an explanation and not a reason.

new topics

top topics

<< 161  162  163    165  166  167 >>

join