It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The ATS Issues Thread

page: 161
<< 158  159  160    162  163  164 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by watchZEITGEISTnow
*another question: If an Indigo says they are an incarnated ET from Mars for example - this still does not qualify for the ET/UFO section - the "indigo Child Boriska" comes to mind.

The above example would seem a perfect candidate for The Gray Area .... a "personal experience, claim" with little or No supportive information nor documentation to substantiate such...

... much the same as one claiming to have insider (whistle blower-like) info void the same .... aside from "their word".

The Gray Area.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 06:58 PM
link   
reply to post by 12m8keall2c

groovy - gotchya - thanks!

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by watchZEITGEISTnow
*another question: If an Indigo says they are an incarnated ET from Mars for example - this still does not qualify for the ET/UFO section - the "indigo Child Boriska" comes to mind. Thanks!

I agree with the Gray Area on this.

If they are incarnated from Mars into Tibet, thats a different story though.

j/k

[edit on 13-8-2009 by Skyfloating]

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 07:42 AM
link   
I'm sure it's just me, but.........

Does anyone know why I may be missing my Edit button? I can't type to save my life, so I frequently need to go back and Edit my sillyness. It's been gone since yesterday. Coincidentally, my myATS page rearranged itself as well. Maybe a related browser issue? Any thoughts/ ideas/ etc would be appreciated!

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 07:46 AM
link   
reply to post by CeltAngel

Have you displeased the ATS Gods? If so, sacrifice a few more hours of your life to ATS to keep the ATS Gods happy.. you will be rewarded with your Edit button.

**In all seriousness, the EDIT button goes away after a little while for older posts.. as for newer posts it should be there. I don't think the coding for the site and single you out and decide "no more Edit button for her/him/it"**

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 07:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

.....but.......you mean I'm not special? *cries and runs away*

Thanks Rockpuck! I guess it just disappears quicker than I expected. I'm usually on here during work, so I guess I got distracted and forgot to go back until too late. Well, now everyone can see how bad my typing can get

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 07:57 AM
link   
reply to post by CeltAngel

I have no idea how long it sticks around, but I am pretty sure it's longer than a day. I know I type a lot of things on my phone, post it, then come back and correct my horrible txt-typing skills. Although it's pointless because everyone's already read my childish first attempt at commanding the English language..

So i checked my "recent posts" thing in my profile, chose a thread I talk to much in and this is my conclusion:

posted on 8/18/2009 @ 10:27 PM I could edit

posted on 8/18/2009 @ 07:05 PM I could not edit.

So perhaps it's 12 hrs before the button goes buh-bye

(I used the Scientific Method to come to this conclusion, my professors would be proud)

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 08:03 AM
link   
Actually the edit button goes away after only 2 hours, so you need to be quick if you want to change something in a post!

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 08:22 AM
link   
reply to post by ziggystar60

No it doesn't.. I can still edit a post from 10yrs ago (10 something pm, it's now 9 something am .. I can still edit.)

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 08:26 AM
link   
I would like to know how to access the archives , if there are any.

and how far back they go?

How old is ths site, btw?

Thanks

edit
I found the archives.

[edit on 083131p://bWednesday2009 by Stormdancer777]

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 08:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

Hm, I see the post I linked to is old, so perhaps things have changed since then. But I have never been able to edit posts that are 10 hours old... Perhaps you have some special priviliges..?

Perhaps a Mod can clear this up for us?

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 10:43 AM
link   
reply to post by ziggystar60

I cannot edit my posts that I made last night (01:44 AM), but I can still edit the first post I made this morning (11:20 AM).

Maybe that 12 hours limit is the correct one, but in that case I don't understand why you can't edit posts "younger" than 12 hours.

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 10:49 AM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

I always thought you had 12 hours to edit your OP, but four hours to edit a post in an existing thread....

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by CeltAngel
I'm usually on here during work, so I guess I got distracted and forgot to go back until too late.

I do the same thing, lol. Isn't it funny how we see our jobs as a distraction from our time on the internet, on the clock?

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 06:14 PM
link   
I was curious why the bbcode for color messes up when doing "Color" text with apostrophes or quotation marks?

For Example:

"The Question is not why it's broken. The Question should be why isn't it broken?"

But without the apostrophes or quotation marks:

The Question is not why it is broken. The Question should be why is not it broken

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by TheMythLives

Yes, apostrophes and certain other grammatical marks interrupt the code.

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 06:44 PM
link   
reply to post by jkrog08

Can this be fixed? I mean it would be awesome for the collaborative writing boards if we could see our dialogue cleary. So can the staff attemp to fix it or correct the problem? It would help a lot!

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheMythLives
For Example:

"The Question is not why it's broken. The Question should be why isn't it broken?"

But without the apostrophes or quotation marks:

The Question is not why it is broken. The Question should be why is not it broken
I never noticed that, only in the thread's titles and U2U subjects.

Let's see if it happens with other characters.

Isto é um teste.
It looks like the "é" appeared as it should.

It's funny that the "Preview" shows the correct version, but apparently the post is passed through one more filter that "thinks" that the " and ' are part of the color tag.

[edit on 19/8/2009 by ArMaP]

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

I know its wierd and confusing. I wish it would work, because it would help the readers in the Collaborative Writing board be able to read the Dialogue clearer and would also help the writers A LOT.

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by TheMythLives

I tried some things to see if I could get an alternative way, but I couldn't find any.

And I can see that it works on the signature.

[edit on 20/8/2009 by ArMaP]

new topics

top topics

<< 158  159  160    162  163  164 >>

join