It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The ATS Issues Thread

page: 139
<< 136  137  138    140  141  142 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 09:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Odessy and post by nerbot

Some members are "stealth banned". Meaning that their profile will not label them as banned, yet they are unable to post on ATS. However, I don't think this is the case with John Lear.

ps: Odessy, Homo Nosce te Ipsum doesn't mean "Man know thyself and thou shalt know the Universe and the Gods" it simply means "Man know thyself". By the way, "Nosce te Ipsum" was part of the passphrase for the Major degree of Adam Weishaupt's Bavarian Illuminati.

[edit on 9/6/09 by ConspiracyNut23]

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Odessy
They still haven't come up with a solution to the Narcotics issue here on ATS... which is the source of a lot of important conspiracies.
Something happens, then people forget, thats the ATS way

Yeah they did...They banned it altogether when the stupid idiots couldn't contain their own personal use discussions after being warned repeatedly, and every which way but loose. The internet is a place for all discussions. ATS is a place for choice discussions- the choice of the site owners- providing a FREE discussion board to the public. Just because ATS has excluded that subject doesn't mean you can't talk about it- somewhere else.

Oh stop your griping. I mean really. They've addressed just about every issue that has come up in one way or the other, and have bent over backwards to try and accommodate everyone- an impossible task to begin with. And you still sit here and gripe, just like a few others around here that really get on my nerves when NOTHING, and I mean NOTHING ATS does is ever good enough. Be happy they allow us any input at ALL. Or hand them a million bucks if you want it your way. Even then you won't get it- right Springer?

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Odessy
They still haven't come up with a solution to the Narcotics issue here on ATS... which is the source of a lot of important conspiracies.

Maybe we could bring drugs back to RATS? If i recall right, all drug related threads were left to organically evolve there. Then the subject was dragged out into the light and given it's own banner and house (which deserves great applause)... until a week later the village-idiots (those who couldn't follow T&C) set fire to it.

Since you have to cough up points to gain access to RATS and all contented posted there is out of view of the search engines... such a locale should serve as a safe haven for such hot issues. Though i think we can do one better then this... have a whole forum devoted solely to the subject... but grant it a RATS point access feature with the cloak of anonymity from the search engine spiders... and for extra insurance that people play nice, if they get even one warning from their activity on the forum they automatically get banned from posting there for a week...and now that we have the bronze level of contribution and beyond with ad banners turned off (btw kudos & thank you for this
), if this also is made an access requirement, this should put any current and potential advertisers concerns at bay about being associated with such content.

[edit on 9-6-2009 by The All Seeing I]

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 05:16 AM
link   
Breaking news display

Currently:
(source) Police Arrest Steer In Drive-By Mooing

Proposed:
(source-uk) Police Arrest Steer In Drive-By Mooing

I wish we could have the country of origin of breaking news displayed because there are often topics that only matter much to you if it is in your country.

The obvious example are reports of Police Abuse which happen so often that they should have their own board (Batons, and Tazers, and Guns - Oh My!.) While I am only mildly interested in reports of chavs getting pummeled by some plod in the park, I care deeply about reports of police beating a bloke on a bus in Boston.

Other examples of news that is largely regional includes political scandals, social issues like riots, and minor natural disasters.

Basically I politely suggest that you use anything after the .com or .co in the sourced link's URL as a location in title of news items. US links that have nothing after the .com would display as they do now but news items linked to a news source in Taiwan, for example, will display:
(source-tw) Chinese Still Not Give Back Country!

...and so on...

Jon

[edit on 6.10.2009 by Voxel]

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 10:46 AM
link   
This entire "ATS Issues" thread was a poorly thought out idea.

There are so many different "issues" that trying to keep up a linear conversation is almost impossible as you skim through all 138 pages.

Can sanity prevail with a return to separate threads?

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 11:07 AM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

I couldn't agree more.

ATS tried its hardest to incorporate intelligent drug topics on this board only to have a select few who for some god knows reason couldn't stop posting about their own personal illegal drug use.

ATS in my opinion did the right thing, they really tried very hard to put these issues to the forefront but it was the membership that let ATS down.

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

Right... We were talking about this the other day, but $50 million would get our attention.

Springer...

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Why couldn't you make them a nice little forum of their own? The Drugs Forum. They could do threads on personal use and whatever else they want, and it would keep them happy and busy and out of everyone else's hair. If what the site owners want is popular threads, these would have huge hits and massive flags. Nobody need go there who doesn't want to. If anybody starts a thread elsewhere, it gets transferred in.

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by earlywatcher

There are a zillion places on the web to do that already. We've made a conscious decision to not be one of them. You can't be all things to all people, and we're pleased with our niche and the direction it's moving.

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Springer

At $50 million, I honestly believe ATS would be a yard sale kind of bargain.

The sheer potential of a website like what has been built through the visionary qualities of Simon Gray and the hardworking administrators who spend so much of their time and energy here needs to be addressed.

Thanks to Karlhungis for his thread We are living in exponential times, because the vid showcases shows just what is happening on a global scale.

You can keep the sound off/down because the accompanying music really grated my nerves and it's all text anyways.

Here it is:

THAT'S potential.

ATS shouldn't consider anything less than 10 X $50 million, if at all.

For what it's worth, that's my $0.02 on it.

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Well for some reason i knew my thread would be closed, must have been my spidey sixth sense, so I copied what i wrote there, and i am posting it here to see if i can ask these question without the thread being closed down, since using the complaint/issues U2U does not result on any kind of information being given to the members about the "complaint/issue" sent.

(well my thread with the question was closed, but my questions can still be read, however i would like to be able to discuss the reason why the staff is doing this)

Here is what i asked.

Second Amendment Threads Moved out of BAN.

I have seen lately that threads pertaining to our Second Amendment rights which are being infringed upon keep being moved from BAN into the "politics" forum. Yet posts about 9/11, and other less important issues which have their own section are not moved at all.

Two threads which i made recently about Americans Second Amendment right were moved recently. One had to do with the NRA suing the court in Illinois for claiming they didn't have to abide by the Second Amendment, moved to "politics". Today, a thread about a new legislation that will ban 8 out of 10 pockets knives if it passes was also moved to "politics".

Most threads in BAN have some form of political involvement, yet most are not moved out of BAN, yet those that have to do with the Second Amendment are being moved out of BAN/

Is the Second Amendment right of Americans not important anymore for BAN?

[edit on 10-6-2009 by ElectricUniverse]

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 01:59 PM
link   
In response to "semperfortis" about the threads on the second amendment being "speculation" and not alternative. Isn't the fact that the government is suppressing Americans Second Amendment right, and is branding Americans who want to defend this right as "possible terrorists" does not make this topic "alternative"?

Americans who exercise our Second Amendment amount in the millions, but we are a minority, just like Conspiracy theorists are a minority.

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by ElectricUniverse

Interesting? yes
Fascinating? yes
Of importance to me? yes

Alternative?

NO

Semper

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Springer

50?

ok then, could I get a buck a reply, a buck a flag, and 5 bucks a star? Dinner and beer's on me... your choice of restaurant! Whatever's left after that I'll donate to the new TV show.... You WILL have a new TV show, yes? And this could be your new ATSMobile:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/e8809b10df0a.jpg[/atsimg]

Whatcha say? A new paint job, a pic of SO in his jumpsuit, Val hanging out the sunroof, and yer good to go! Area 51, here we come! Talk about a great pilot episode!

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 02:07 PM
link   
It is not? so the establishment/aka the government are in favour of the Second Amendment like they are in favour of other alternative conspiracy theories?

BTW, I did send you a U2U about but anyway, aren't ALL BAN threads about "speculation"?

[edit on 10-6-2009 by ElectricUniverse]

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by ElectricUniverse

aren't ALL BAN threads about "speculation

Nope

They are about...

Breaking
Alternative
News

Semper

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by ConspiracyNut23

What constitutes a 'stealth ban'? I thought a ban was a ban.

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 05:21 PM
link   
reply to post by jkrog08

ain't no such critter. Opinions to the contrary not withstanding...

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by seagull

Okay, thanks for clearing that up, I guess the administration just removed the 'banned' words from the mini-profiles then?

EDIT to add: Does anyone know how to send a mass comment on a profile(like a picture)?

[edit on 6/10/2009 by jkrog08]

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Maybe some members are thinking of a post ban where by a members posts are not visible for a period of time while the member and staff try to sort things out . A post ban isnt the same thing as a member being banned for gross T&C violations .

Cheers xpert11 .

top topics

<< 136  137  138    140  141  142 >>

join