It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The ATS Issues Thread

page: 142
<< 139  140  141    143  144  145 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 03:44 PM
link   
I have yet to receive a response in regards to new members posting threads in the introductions portion of the site.

I know one of the mods posted a thread on why the Introductions forum is there and how to go about using it, but I am still seeing new members post their threads in the Introductions.

I mentioned perhaps limiting the ammount of text available for intro posts, among other things.

Anybody have an answer or a suggestion?

~Keeper

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower
I have yet to receive a response in regards to new members posting threads in the introductions portion of the site.

I know one of the mods posted a thread on why the Introductions forum is there and how to go about using it, but I am still seeing new members post their threads in the Introductions.

I mentioned perhaps limiting the ammount of text available for intro posts, among other things.

Anybody have an answer or a suggestion?

~Keeper

If you see a thread in the Intro forum that is not an Intro, you can send an alert on it. The staff will take care of it.

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by ladyinwaiting

You may want to check outThe ATS Freshman Forum

It covers all the how to's of ATS and then some

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by greeneyedleo

Thanks, I didn't want to overuse the alert button and make you mods hate me

I'll be sure to do so now though haha.

~Keeper

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 08:48 PM
link   
Quick question:

Is the ATS Premium service still running? If so how long does it usually take for staff to review the submission, and do you get a u2u or email alerting you even if your submission is not accepted? I have asked a few people and have hear time frames from "Still have not got a reply" to "A few days"........I realize the high staff are really busy here but I am just curious as to a time frame on this, as I do not want to be one of the "Still waiting from last year" people!LOL..... I figured I would just ask this here so maybe on of the higher-ups can answer this for me, thanks.

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by jkrog08

For the reasons you astutely mention (the three of us at the top of this house of cards are buried...) we don't typically respond unless the article was selected.

During peak submission times/cycles we would end up spending way too much time just sending out declinations. The time factor coupled with the fact nobody (not even us) likes to dish out negative news to people who did put allot of effort into something is enough to keep us from doing so.

It's a safe bet that if you haven't been contacted within a couple weeks of the submission that it wasn't accepted. Feel free to post it in the appropriate forum or do a re-write and submit again.

Springer...

[edit on 6-16-2009 by Springer]

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Springer

Okay, thank you so much for your reply. I guess I will give it one more week, as it has only been one so far.

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 12:30 PM
link   
So you have a question,you then look for the appropriate board on ATS and then post the thread.Posted to Q & I board as it was a genuine question.
Adding a little humour along with the question.

You then see just after posting that it has been moved quick as a flash to BTS general chat.
Just as quickly you contact the moderator but then get no response.

Do I in the mean time continue to wait for them to come back online or shall I ask another moderator if they may consider moving the aforementioned question post back to the questions board?

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by gallifreyan medic

You can always use the Complaint/Suggestion Feature to gain the attention of the entirety of Staff...

link   

Submit Suggestion under the "Member Tools" link would be the most appropriate means of addressing that type scenario or situation... ensuring your concern is seen and reviewed by All staff.

Hope this helps.

link   

I ask another moderator if they may consider moving the aforementioned question post back to the questions board?

If you have a ATS Board question, you can ask it here on this thread

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Thank you for the quick responses and the suggesting of the suggestions submission.

Will keep it in mind for now,as will wait.
Please do not take me in the negative if I do then decide to take that route,as it
being in disagreement with a fellow moderator.

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 08:53 PM
link   
Probably been mentioned before, but this is a lot of pages to read through.

I would like to see better clarification on each forum describing what kind of threads members are allowed to post in each forum.

As it is now, there is a vague description if you look for it. However, it is still very confusing if a certain thread meets that criteria.

Often a member makes a note asking a mod to move their thread if it was placed in the wrong forum.

Just a suggestion.

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 09:33 PM
link   
I would like the staff of ATS why it seems as if the constant “Trolling” of non Christians on threads obviously targeted to Christians is tolerated. As a matter of decorum, I never go on threads that are obviously written to the ‘hate and blame’ Christians for everything ilk, yet that type are drawn to the threads I start like bugs to a light bulb.

Is there no moderation of those who post to a thread with no other purpose but to deride the OT and topic and assail the intelligence and breeding of others who post to the thread? THEN WHEN I loose etiquette in reply to obvious attempts to lambast, rightfully so as there is no excuse, I wonder WHY such post are even allowed to the thread to begin with.

[edit on 6/16/2009 by SGTChas]

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 01:26 PM
link   
I honestly have been reading ATS for a few years. I finally join to show some love some of my insight. The first thing i wrote, someone reply's learn to use pargraphs or no one will read or listen. i find this completly disgusting. all theis people that are so called LOVING that have such great INSIGHT won't even look at something that's has bad punctuation or spelling. I'm sorry for all you hypocrits that think your soo smart an soo loving and want to show all their prof how how smart they are basically in the end. they won't even read because of how it's written. well i'm sorry not everyone's awesome at writing. it's not about the way something looks it's about what they are trying to say. EVERYONE on this site should understand that handsdown. so if your one of thouse people that just kinda flip over the stuff that doesn't look intelligent. you should be ashamed because your no better then any politicle figure, that your prob sitting there trying to show all there consperacy's and all that bull. stop focusing on what people ARE DOING and focus on what PEOPLE AREN'T DOING MAN I THOUGHT I JOINED AN INTELLIGENT WEB SITE

and yes no paragraph's, grammers bad and prob aweful punctuation. that means nothing that I don't have to impress someone i don't know just to get my word across

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by omnilight

You'll find, I think, that those people who complain about that sort of thing are in the minority, my friend.

It helps, of course, for all that to happen. But...alot of the members here do not have English as their native tounge.

Say what you have to say, and ignore those that would correct the grammer, rather than understanding what it is you're saying. Keep on, keepin' on.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by seagull

Cheers bud,

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 02:51 PM
link   
I am sure this has been brought up a million times, but I will bring it up again.

Why is it we are notified via U2U when someone adds us to their Foe list, but not the friends list?

I sure do NOT want to get a U2U to be notified that someone doesn't like me, who would? But what is harder to understand is if those notifications seem important to some why only the negative ones? If we MUST be notified why not when it is positive?

Is there a way for us to just turn those responses off? Or can the brilliant administrators just fix it?

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Sonya610

I started a thread about that last year....www.abovetopsecret.com...

It is explained well in there.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Question: If someone decides to post the thread they made for Premium on the main boards and the thread ends up getting accepted for Premium after the fact, what happens? Is your thread no longer eligible for Premium because it was first posted on the main boards?

new topics

top topics

<< 139  140  141    143  144  145 >>

join