It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The ATS Issues Thread

page: 129
<< 126  127  128    130  131  132 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

Not anymore, at least mine aren't!! LOL, is there a conspiracy against me?! LOL, really though I have never got one from a FSME for more than 500.

Well we could try this.......How about you give me one and I will tell you how many points it is? LOL........

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheMythLives
reply to post by deadline527

Well stop arguing here and go and actually earn some points my friend. Create threads off your posts. Come up with ideas, post about what you like to learn about. If you want to debate, become a fighter.

Catering does not matter, it makes you strive for something. Makes you GET INVOLVED. Now go and rejoice for you have heard the good news.

I do not create threads unless I feel them important to the ATS community. I am not going to create threads for no reason at all other then to hope to get as many flags as possible. If I wrote Jesus was really a Muslim I would have hundreds of flags, but is that the crap I want to fill ATS with? No.

I used to enjoy posting to see my points go up, writing well thought out responses to get more applauses and stars to add to my points so people could see that I was a worthwhile debater and contributor. Now I get portrayed as somebody who barely contributes at all because I dont post threads?

I still have no plans to post threads, I just dont have the time. I do however enjoy the debate and contributing but I guess that dont matter any more.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by TheMythLives

Or maybe he can just continue doing what he's doing and ignore it. The day I put priority of a complimentary system over making sure that the content I contribute is not only of value to the ATS community, but interesting to myself, is the day I stop denying ignorance.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by jkrog08

I just tested it. You're right.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 04:28 PM
link   

You didn't test it on me!!!

LOL........Yea I think it used to be like that, then it was something like 250 for staff and 500 for FSME. Now it is all 500. Although I have heard political forums garner a 1500 point applause, but I dare not venture there.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Where in that post did you see 'Create threads for no reason' stop adding stuff to my posts that are not there. I said go and contribute. Now go in Peace my friend.

reply to post by SonicInfinity

And how is this a priority system. You are not being forced to make threads, you can if you want to. But its not necessary.

For the last time the new system to supposed to get people more involved in the community, by making new threads and promoting the overall balance to ATS. There is balance here with the new system.

Peace,
~TheMythLives

[edit on Jun 1st 2009 by TheMythLives]

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by jkrog08
Although I have heard political forums garner a 1500 point applause, but I dare not venture there.

Nope, I tested it in a political forum. Still 500.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 04:38 PM
link   
I preferred the old system, but that's not the point, I agree with the comments about sensationalism, but I think we should all evaluate why we are on ATS in the first place. Is it really to get points, or do you have a deeper mission?

A good way out of this, (I think suggested by Schrodingers Dog) is to have the option to buy the Solid/Gold avatars from the ATS shop, and
have them on your side profile if you want to.

That would be a democratic way of balancing things, it wouldn't please everyone but it'd make more people happy.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Well then, I guess its all even Steven.

Hey how do I attempt to become a fighter, writer, or scholar?

Also can you direct me to a thread on advanced bb code? Like the slash through words and the lines separating points in a post?

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheMythLives

Where in that post did you see 'Create threads for no reason' stop adding stuff to my posts that are not there. I said go and contribute. Now go in Peace my friend.

That I will. I really used to enjoy it here, feeling like I was contributing by posting replies and well thought arguments, but no longer is that the case.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by HiAliens

I would actually be happy if they had the option to remove it all together, but I guess they are trying to belittle those who dont constantly create threads.

I used to feel like my time at ATS was shown clearly on my mini-profile with how active I have been via my points, but now it just looks like I come and go without much of anything. Saddening to say the least.

[edit on 6/1/2009 by deadline527]

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Please. This thread is out of hand. I am a hypocrit writing this but the place is full of off topic comments. It just took me 15 minutes to find something I was looking for.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Change of subject:

I just retreated to the Chat forum (BTS) & found the thread list page has gone haywire. The formatting has gone completely out the window.

(Forgive me if this is old news - it's been some time since I popped over there.)

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Just checked and you're right, its pretty messed up. So incase if you were wondering if it was just you or not, its not

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Very thoughtful of you. Thank you.

I couldn't help noticing the ability to star a post is missing too. But hey, let's not even go there...

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord
So, I just went back to my initial gut-reaction, and rolled-back the mini-profile indicator to the ultra-simple "thank you"

Thank you for all your hardwork it is appreciated.

PEACE

Slay

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Why not put the information back on the avatars and give everyone a Show/Hide Button to use at will.

Of course, after reading this thread, I realize there are people here who will notice the fact that along with my member date, I don't even have enough points to buy a "color" from the ATS store, so naturally, my thoughts will have no value.

I love ATS. I do miss the stars though. That was just plain out fun.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 05:53 PM
link   
reply to post by ladyinwaiting

For what it's worth, stars aren't gone. They've never worked in this forum (Board Business and Questions). I just checked in another thread and they seem to work fine

edit: oops, nevermind. I just realized you were talking about BTS, where stars are gone

[edit on 6/1/2009 by americandingbat]

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 06:07 PM
link   
OK, I guess I finally got the point. As I've said before, I appreciate to no end that we have a site such as ATS to intelligently (well, most of time, although some posts just make me shake my head and I get a good laugh) discuss important issues outside the mainstream.

But according to my understanding, I should probably spend more time finding topics to start threads instead of contributing reasonable content to an existing issue. Maybe if enough people spent their time researching new topics we could morph the site so that there are only threads with no comments.

I do question SO on your math concerning the growth of the site because people started flagging threads. Could the growth be because the site has proven to be so vital that the topics discussed here have gone viral and more people have found the site by the exposure its gained through outlets like C to C? That's how I found ATS, not because there's this cool site that flags their threads.

Like I said earlier, I appreciate the efforts put forth by the owners, staff and mods, and understand that you can't please everyone, no matter what you do. But, I don't think I appreciated the "too bad" comment, makes me feel very wanted. Too bad, I guess.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 06:11 PM
link   
I have to just put it on record I vehemently disagree with flags being an indicator of anything but crowd mentality.

But as SO said he won't change it again, I guess my disagreement doesn't count for much.

Let's rack up those heart-string pulling threads and watch the flags flow in. Great content there.

new topics

top topics

<< 126  127  128    130  131  132 >>

join