It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The ATS Issues Thread

page: 105
<< 102  103  104    106  107  108 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by scraze
If this ends up to be a true problem

It's not a real/true problem at all. It appears to be a "made up" problem by someone who has a limited understanding of how browsers and Internet technologies function.

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by AllTiedTogether
As I stated in my first post and others on this....

I DID LOG OFF AND IT WENT OT THE MAIN ATS PAGE LEADING ME TO SEE I WAS LOGGED OFF....

If this was a banks site then that would be a security problem... but it isn't a bank site... so we'll just say that it isn't a SECURITY Problem then...

This has happened before... it is not a isolated incident...

Thanks

I DID LOG OFF AND IT WENT OT THE MAIN ATS PAGE LEADING ME TO SEE I WAS LOGGED OFF....

Calm Down....

If this was a banks

Which it is not....
And I think you may have answered/figured it out:

so we'll just say that it isn't a SECURITY Problem then

Problem solved through the realization of the mind, also known as a epiphany.

a sudden, intuitive perception of or insight into the reality or essential meaning of something, usually initiated by some simple, homely, or commonplace occurrence or experience

LINK

My friend... My Friend... Just follow what I gave you and its solved. Please, I beg you just do what I said....

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 05:28 PM
link   

This has happened before... it is not a isolated incident...

If you're not logged-off after clicking the log-out button, then the problem may be an issue on your end. Some browsers can get into a memory-leak loop if they've been opened too long or if the OS has a problem... resulting in cookies not being properly "put away" when the web-server expires them.

Best bet is very often to reboot your computer, especially if it's Windows-based. (There's also malware that prevents cookie expiry)

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by AllTiedTogether

I think people are trying to tell you it does not seem to be a problem that anyone else has had, and again I'll point out that the solution to your problem causes problems for others, the ones who don't want to log in every time they've been away from the computer.....

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 05:29 PM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

Thank you Bill for again showing me how you slander those members that bring forth real issues that ATS doesn't like to deal with in the numbers game your playing.

Another way to keep those on the membership role from bringing up valid points that need to be addressed.

Scare them...

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 05:30 PM
link   

members

Members, but your the only one that is asking for this to be made.... Or did i miss someone/something....

Also stop slandering Bill, Bill hasn't slandered you, you have been slandering him...

[edit on May 28th 2009 by TheMythLives]

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by TheMythLives

I'm the only one that has mentioned it.... yes... but has it happened to anyone else? Try doing a query through this thread maybe....

Has ATS had anything through the ATS Issues Thread that was first mentioned by someone and then found to be affecting others?

I won't answer that... but if you check this threads 105 pages you will find that after someone first mentions something, others will also mention they've had the problem....

But that probably won't happen now because you have all made it like someone is only 'complaining' or 'whining' if they 'discuss' the point... and then they will be told they are 'Making it up' just to cause problems for the ATS staff...

Thanks again... All the time you guys could have spent on fixing the problem and you spend it 'arguing' why there is no problem... WOW

[edit on 28-5-2009 by AllTiedTogether]

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 05:39 PM
link   

It's not a real/true problem at all. It appears to be a "made up" problem by someone who has a limited understanding of how browsers and Internet technologies function.

If Bill didn't mean that I made it up for the sake of making it up then I apologize for using the word 'Slander'...
Rgds

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Reading through your previous dialogue here would seem an incident looking to happen ... wanting , even.

A perceived issue since addressed and resolved yet you simply won't release your ill-conceived grip of the same.

funny. folks here.

I'm off to GLP, if only to sustain the meme.

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 06:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Annie Mossity

Thanks for your insight Annie.... but wanting... no...

I just don't like being told that there is no issue when there is...

I'm sure a thread asking the question would be a good start to find out how many this has happened to and whether the majority of the members of ATS would consider this something that should be addressed as a security issue.

I mean I sympathize with those that must type their long user names and passwords into the computer whenever they wish to log on but is that not part of the SECURITY process of "Logging on" to a website?

Resolved? Yea... sure!

[edit on 28-5-2009 by AllTiedTogether]

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 06:10 PM
link   

I'm going to attempt to explain this one more time....

You stated that you are worried because people maybe able to get onto your account through YOUR computer because ATS does not sign YOU out.

SOLUTION: Lock Your computer, lock your internet, download that secruity system to protect yourself (IobIt, Advanced System Care). Fix your computer, FIX it on your end. If The problem persists come back and explain to Bill calmly that something is wrong.

You also stated that Secruity is important.

SOLUTION: Secure your own computer so OTHERS do not have the chance to get on it.

Problems solved.

Now go in Peace.....

[edit on May 28th 2009 by TheMythLives]

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 06:13 PM
link   

The Kernel has followed this and while never having this problem, even when the Mash flew hard, an opinion has come.

icanhascheezburger.files.wordpress.com...

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Thanks for your insight Annie.... but wanting... no...

I just don't like being told that there is no issue when there is...

for Who and how Many? ... would seem the obvious question.

Wouldn't there be a Public outcry if this were an issue or concern amongst those who frequent this site?

Gmail keeps me logged in, too. Oh My!?

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 06:22 PM
link   

This was done calmly in the first post. Then I was told by them and yourself that it wasn't an issue with ATS... that is not true and it is an issue because all it would take is some code to rectify the problem.

I'm going to attempt to explain this one more time....

I did log off using the "Log out" button on the top of the page and it left me in as being logged on overnight. This has happened before... it is not an isolated incident...

The problem could be fixed by using some code... like scraze suggested.... but that would mean that others would have to log on to their accounts instead of leaving them logged on all the time...

How about making it so that the user can set a time default that is user selectable?

Again... not rocket science...

Let's drop it... it'll be easier on the ATS staff...

Thanks for the help and assistance on this ATS

Rgds

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by AllTiedTogetherAll the time you guys could have spent on fixing the problem and you spend it 'arguing' why there is no problem...

No one is going to waist time correcting a non-problem.

It's unfortunate that you don't understand the issue(s), because that is the real problem in this case.

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Please keep in mind that coding changes, since this is a 'custom coded site', have the potential to effect more then they solve...which basically means that much time and effort goes into creating the changes that we see and that a good reason was established for their implementations.

Not to belittle your complaint, but there currently isn't enough support or recognition of this issue to justify the tinkering of Code that has likely existed as long as ATS has...and therefore there isn't enough to justify the manpower/time to effect this change.

I hope this provides you with a bit more perspective on the situation...

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 06:33 PM
link   

"I did log off using the "Log out" button on the top of the page and it left me in as being logged on overnight. This has happened before... it is not an isolated incident... "

It's definitely something on your end man. (browser or computer-related)

I log out each and every time I stop 'round here. Works like a charm.

As mentioned earlier, your "claims" make no sense at all ... aside from browser or pc issues.

honestly. what part of "it's on your end" can't you grasp?

sheesh

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annie Mossity
honestly. what part of "it's on your end" can't you grasp?

Internet Forum/BBS Psychosis
noun ( pl. -ses |-ˌsēz|)
a severe condition brought on by heavy Internet forum or bulletin-board-system usage which is typically manifest in an acute inability to admit one may be wrong, incorrect, or mistaken.

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 06:40 PM
link   

That has to be a classic and I thought a few posts back he actually had an epiphany. Perhaps it was a clouded epiphany. O well, hopefully he understands that we were actually trying to help him, but he just wasn't listening.....

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 08:27 PM
link   

I think you just made that up.

I may be wrong, however.

new topics

top topics

<< 102  103  104    106  107  108 >>

join