It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The ATS Issues Thread

page: 108
<< 105  106  107    109  110  111 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 11:02 AM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

I swear... some people really need to get over it already. Whine, whine whine... it don't like it, therefore I don't want anyone else to have it either.... whine whine whine.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 11:10 AM
link   
I didn't particularly like the new look titles, not because they represented a competitive ATS but simply because I thought they were clunky, big, awful looking symbols

But I certainly wasn't going to expend energy whinging about them, there are much more important bits of information I would rather consume brain-resources thinking about.

Just go back to the coloured bars, they were intriguing and completely different to anything I have seen before. That way the whingers have nothing to whinge about and everyone else doesn't feel like they are missing out on anything.

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 11:14 AM
link   
I like wine. And cheese and port.

And I still like the idea of no advertising if you meet certain requirements.

I liked the whole badge system thingee but I saw some complain about it then I saw some moan over Atheists having godlike wisdom. phbt...It appears I am not as impressive to the Mods as some members but I'm cool with it because I am a legend in my own mind.

All the same I await to see what you whacky guys are gonna do next.

No matter what it is I abide by the T&C and stick around for a rocking good time....

And of course to rant about Titor (SOMEONE HAS TO BELIEVE IN CRAZY STUFF!!!)

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Your Daily Haiku

How do I get permission to post here?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Well I see less graffiti splattered all over peoples profiles.... hmmm...
I guess the only accolades you get now are for the quality of each your posts.

Although the monikers,were cute,I'm not in kindergarten anymore.

I liked the witty little saying.

er what were they again....

oh that's right I never looked.

I just read the posts.........

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 11:19 AM
link   
I love all your post.
they make me laugh
we all need more of that,
my points are all gone,
I am no long bronze

woes is me

I once had flags,
aint life a drag
SO, is the man
he do what he can

Mak'in rules we must follow
don't this suck?

If only I was free, free like a bird
Say what I like
no rules
for us fools

Gimmie a break
Sumertime blues

[edit on 113131p://bSunday2009 by Stormdancer777]

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 11:20 AM
link   
I have to say I disagree with the tags being taken away. They were equally balanced with applause levels to compensate for the members who thread less and post more. Also the majority of the member who had the tags, especially the higher one really did deserve them, and sometimes a "attention getter", like a gold tag is nessicary to get attention to posts, and usually that member who has that tag does post some important information. It is sad to see all the whiners once again taking something good away from a legitimate site.

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by titorite
I saw some complain about it then I saw some moan over Atheists having godlike wisdom.

LOL wow, just wow. That's like a whole new level of whinge! Congrats to the person who achieved this difficult accomplishment!

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Whaaaaaaaa.

I want my stuff back too. It became very important to me.

Plus, it made me work harder.

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 11:24 AM
link   
As the owners and staff know, I liked both systems. I thought they were intriguing and witty. They made you think and consider before you posted or made a thread. Now it seems like their is not really any boundaries. Before they would penalize by points, now how are they going to penalize? Also how will we know a quality poster for a BS one? I used to look at the rankings and see who was a quality poster. Now I suppose I will only go to the people I know and of course the always prepared and respectabled Mods.

O well, the ones that oppose may think they have one, but I assure you; soon and very soon, they will want a ranking system of some sort. Its basic human psychology, we are developed to be compared and to have some sort of hierarchy to turn to.

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 11:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

You mean a free bird?

LOL....Seriously though this is getting ridiculous with all the envy and whining......And really that is all it is, some members ruining it for others.

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by jkrog08
I have to say I disagree with the tags being taken away. They were equally balanced with applause levels to compensate for the members who thread less and post more. Also the majority of the member who had the tags, especially the higher one really did deserve them, and sometimes a "attention getter", like a gold tag is nessicary to get attention to posts, and usually that member who has that tag does post some important information. It is sad to see all the whiners once again taking something good away from a legitimate site.

I have to say jkrog,

I never knew you existed on this forum until the tags pointed me to your marvelous and well researched topics

I would have never read them.

You deserved your tags and applause,

What is up with people?

Give credit where credit is due.

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 11:26 AM
link   
YOu wanna know what bothers me a heck of alot more than the latest gimmicks the of the ATS staff. All this recent ATS posters posting threads in the introduction section... Whats up with that...

And then there is that on thread about war is comming OOOOOOO That was the basic sum total input from one poster to start a thread... Then he had nothing but oneliners to say to people until I told him we expect more from folks.

I can give more examples but yall dont need that

Of late I have seen a slight but noticeable drop in the ATS standards in terms of good quality postings all surrounding the noobs.

Its made me wonder if GLP/AE has been haveing server issues.

Anyways Thats my concern. Points and badges are all good and fun but the quality of our posts is much more important... I'm not one to adopt a member but I am always willing to try and lend a hand or point the way to the hand book...

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by soficrow
Whaaaaaaaa.

I want my stuff back too. It became very important to me.

Plus, it made me work harder.

AGREED.........It made me work to uphold the "gold status" and work towards "cosmic", it allowed me in a way to set a standard for what it takes to reach that level, as other members in the high category did as well. Also the applause levels nicely balanced the threaders and posters. It also weeded out the "counterfeit golds"

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

Thank you for your kind words my friend, and thanks for alerting me of this. That is what the badges were all about, showing the more contributing and harder working members.

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777

I have to say jkrog,

I never knew you existed on this forum until the tags pointed me to your marvelous and well researched topics

I would have never read them.

You deserved your tags and applause,

How true.

I scan newbie's work looking for gems. But. We've had over 10,000 posts per day here. Way too many to scan. So the points, flags and stars help. A LOT.

Without them, the site is just downright unwieldy and overwhelming.

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 11:30 AM
link   
I'm not one that usually complains about stuff but I now feel that I need to have my say.....I read someones post the other day about what they thought ATS was here for and what we as MEMBERS are here for...apologies to the poster as I cant find the post to link to......

We as members do not pay for the privilege, and it is a privilege, to come on this site and post, when I first started reading here it was a small site with a lot of work being put into it, since then it has grown immensely and in my opinion is the best conspiracy site out there.........

Over the past few months I have seen the implementation of a few things that the amigos obviously thought would help the site grow even more and add to the enjoyment of spending hours and hours a day (as a lot of us do)....and what do they get, moans about I don't like that or this makes that person elitist and on and on........

what give us the right to tell the owners what to do with THEIR site, we should be grateful that this is here for us to get the message out there....

I am now at the point where I really do think if you don't like what the guys are doing with this place , then you should really go somewhere else....

Just 2cents from a rather upset MEMBER

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by jkrog08

'Cause I'm as free as a bird now,
And this bird you can not change.
And the bird you can not change.
And this bird you can not change.
Lord knows, I can't change.

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 11:31 AM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Just chiming in to make sure that everyone knows...

All of the points, flags, stars, applause, post count info etc...

Are still available in each member's public profile.

Carry on

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheMythLives
Also how will we know a quality poster for a BS one? I used to look at the rankings and see who was a quality poster.

With all due respect, TheMythLives, I would think that the answer to your question would be to read the posts made and decide for yourself based on the content if it is a good post or not.

There are many new members who make great posts, should they be overlooked because they haven't been defined?

Now I suppose I will only go to the people I know and of course the always prepared and respectabled Mods.

Really? You only were reading posts by people you know and the ones by the Mods? I would think that you are missing out on alot of great content by using this type of choosing, but of course we are all different and that is what makes this site great!

new topics

top topics

<< 105  106  107    109  110  111 >>

join