It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Disgusting Ad....

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2008 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by DuneKnight
reply to post by Shazam The Unbowed

so whats your ideal society then mate?

No such thing. Never has been, never will be, so why waste time thinking about it?

posted on May, 5 2008 @ 07:45 PM
link   
*Dang it* I need to stay away from this thread
Going to look for a "Im an alien thread". Ciao!

[edit on 5-5-2008 by greeneyedleo]

posted on May, 5 2008 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Ayn Rand Philosophy on gender:
from wiki

she thought that the differences in the physiology of men and women led to fundamental psychological differences that were the source of gender roles. Rand denied endorsing any kind of power difference between men and women, stating that metaphysical dominance in sexual relations refers to the man's role as the prime mover in sex and the necessity of male arousal for sex to occur. According to Rand, "For a woman qua woman, the essence of femininity is hero-worship—the desire to look up to man."

Rand's theory of sex is implied by her broader ethical and psychological theories. Far from being a debasing animal instinct, she believed that sex is the highest celebration of our greatest values. Sex is a physical response to intellectual and spiritual values—a mechanism for giving concrete expression to values that could otherwise only be experienced in the abstract. In Atlas Shrugged, one of the heroes says "Tell me what a man finds sexually attractive and I will tell you his entire philosophy of life. Show me the woman he sleeps with and I will tell you his valuation of himself."

Wiki link

you can continue this topic here instead: Men Vs Women: Double Standards

posted on May, 5 2008 @ 07:47 PM
link   

I asked for a scientific study (as in backed up by biology) but you showed me a social study based on a poll. I've said it before and I will say it again, stereotypically and socially speaking, a woman's power is in her beauty and a man's power is in his wallet. That's essentially what the study you provided me with showed and I won't disagree with that. But, again, that is a stereotypical and social observation- not scientific.

However, I'm done ragging on you and I do understand where you are coming from on here and in your thread. You're going against the current on this thread which always takes guts and I know it's tough being a man these days. You guys have been, as you stated, castrated. It's bad for the men and it's bad for us women who are attracted to real men. However, you are sadly mistaken if you think Con is one who has been brainwashed by the feminist movement. That statement of yours is what started the bickering between you and me or else I would have left you alone. I know Con better than that.

[edit on 5/5/2008 by AshleyD]

posted on May, 5 2008 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shazam The Unbowed
I dont hate women Zed. What I hate is the BS double standards, dishonest arguments, and the damage inflicted by Feminist philosophies. Philosophies you, have swallowed hook, line and sinker.

Interesting you can class me so easily. If I had to class you like you did to me, I'd say you were raised by a single-mother, can't get dates, and are desparate to reclaim your "male-ness" by blaming women for all your problems.

Of course I don't class people as you do. Probably why I tend to have nice long conversations without chasing people off. I'll be leaving now.

posted on May, 5 2008 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by greeneyedleo

Ah yes! The double standards. You mean like how guy can go out and have a million "partners" and they are "studs" and get high fives from their friends.....but if woman do the same thing they are labeled "sluts" etc by the very same men doing it.

Hmmm. Yep, those double standards are quite ridiculous

First, women who sleep with multiple partners often refer to men who do so as "dogs" so its not really a double standard, Since you know both sexes do the same thing.

Furthermore women face disproportionate penalities from sex than men do, which would reaquire different behaviors.

Tell me, should those with different risk factors behave differently in the same situation? Should we judge who is enagging in risky behavior, and thus which ones are considered unwise based on those risk profiles?

Given that its a biological fact that the possible negative consequences of sex fall disproportionately on the female, why should we regard the same behavior differently?

posted on May, 5 2008 @ 07:53 PM
link   

hate to admit it but im definitely with you on that one, just makes sense thats all.

posted on May, 5 2008 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZeddicusZulZorander

Interesting you can class me so easily.

In what way did I "class you"
I stated you seem like you have swallowed the feminist philosophy hook, line, and sinker. As in based on what you have written. How exactly is that "classing you"

If I had to class you like you did to me, I'd say you were raised by a single-mother, can't get dates, and are desparate to reclaim your "male-ness" by blaming women for all your problems.

No please zed, please show mje where I speculated about your upbringing, social prospects, or motivations. Please do.
This I wanna see.

Of course I don't class people as you do.

Actually, you just did.

Please show me where I did however.

posted on May, 5 2008 @ 07:58 PM
link   

you still havent told me about ur ideal society. you got one dont you?

posted on May, 5 2008 @ 07:58 PM
link   

posted on May, 5 2008 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by AshleyD

I asked for a scientific study (as in backed up by biology) but you showed me a social study based on a poll.

sci·en·tif·ic Audio Help /ˌsaɪənˈtɪfɪk/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[sahy-uhn-tif-ik] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation
–adjective
1. of or pertaining to science or the sciences: scientific studies.
2. occupied or concerned with science: scientific experts.
3. regulated by or conforming to the principles of exact science: scientific procedures.
4. systematic or accurate in the manner of an exact science.

Now maybe your not aware that both psychology, and sociology are sciences. maybe your not aware that this "survey" was in fact a study done by noted researchers acording t the best scintific standards of the day. But I ssuspect your just playing dumb.

But, again, that is a stereotypical and social observation- not scientific.

Incorrect.

However, I'm done ragging on you and I do understand where you are coming from on here and in your thread. You're going against the current on this thread and I know it's tough being a man these days- especially in the West. You guys have been, as you stated, castrated. It's bad for the men and it's bad for us women who are attracted to real men. However, you are sadly mistaken if you think Con is one who has been brainwashed by the feminist movement (and that statement of yours is what started the bickering between you and I) or else I would have left you alone. I know Con better than that.

If I misattributed your motivations I apologise. However con was spouting pretty standard "womens studies" crap. Sorry but when you try to blame men for the fact that women buy uncomfortable shoes ( especially conisdering that women buy nice shoes more to make other women jealous than to attract men) then you have been infected by the standard marxist/feminist line.

I dont know con, I only know what he writes, and his little rant was straight out of feminist propaganda.

[edit on 5/5/2008 by Shazam The Unbowed]

posted on May, 5 2008 @ 08:00 PM
link   

you still havent told me about ur ideal society. you got one dont you?

No, as I said above I don't. I consider it a waste of time to spend the mental energy neccessary to think about something that never has, and never will exist.

posted on May, 5 2008 @ 08:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Fossilized

why so mean. the least you can do is be nice.

posted on May, 5 2008 @ 08:03 PM
link   

i think u dont believe in counterfactuals. but then this renders ur argument pointless because you dont like the way things are going yet you got no alternative. me, well i like the things the way they are but a few alterations would help.

posted on May, 5 2008 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Sometimes its the little things that show us who the REAL MEN are and who the LITTLE BOYS are

posted on May, 5 2008 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by greeneyedleo
Sometimes its the little things that show us who the REAL MEN are and who the LITTLE BOYS are

its that kind of talk that put us here in the first place. when is this gonna end. jeeeeez

posted on May, 5 2008 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fossilized
Mod Edit - removed previously deleted post.

I love psycho cyber stalkers. They're intriguing. But, I should have known better.

WELCOME BACK, TEMELECHUS.

Atheists. :shk:

Just how many accounts do you have on here?

I'd report you for calling me a 'whore' and 'bitch' but your obsession is amusing at this point. Take care.

[edit on 5-5-2008 by elevatedone]

[edit on 5/5/2008 by AshleyD]

posted on May, 5 2008 @ 08:09 PM
link   

i think u dont believe in counterfactuals.

Not quite sure what you mean by this.

but then this renders ur argument pointless because you dont like the way things are going yet you got no alternative.

Not at all. That i dont have an "ideal" society in mind doesnt mean I dont think our cant be improved.

posted on May, 5 2008 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by TKainZero
There is an ad that apears on the right side of the Page...

I have never seen that particular ad, but I know what image you are talking about and I am sure I have seen it used in other ads. And according to some sources, there are more explicit photos of Miley Cyrus of her own creation floating around the net. :shk:

Originally posted by TKainZero
I don't know who this is, but can i not see this trashy little whore-look-a-like on my screen anymore.

I don't know who you are, but your reclusion or ability to ignore celebrity gossip disguised as news must be legendary.

posted on May, 5 2008 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Holy Crap!!

I posted a question a while back that brought this thread waaay off course.

I was just being devils advocate.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join