It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Submachine Gun-Toting Cops To Patrol NYC Subways

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2008 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by LoneGunMan

The threat of terrorism is real.

It must be met with resistance or it will happen again.

These kinds of measures are not universal, but in NYC where the threat is high because of the cities symbolic value and because the total effect of bombing or releasing chemicals or pathogens in the subway would be catastrophic, they are prudent.

Have you forgotten that the WTC was bombed once and attacked by suicide pilots on 9/11?

Have you forgotten that the Pentagon was attacked and that the flight that went down was directed either to the Capitol or the White House?

Do you not notice that Islamic radicals routinely make more threats against our homeland?

Whether you choose to admit it or not, we're at war and it is not a war of our making.

You should do a reality check.

It might be fun to consider irrational conspiracies on ATS, but there are people out there who are charged with the very real job of protecting our nation.

Accusing them of nefarious intent does nothing constructive.

It takes courage to meet a threat head on, not to make baseless claims on the internet.

[edit on 2008/4/24 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Apr, 24 2008 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by LoneGunMan

Originally posted by Maxmars
But what happens when you are ordered to do harm to your next door neighbor's boyfriend, or you're classmate's Dad? I just can't picture that going over without a hitch.

They think all of you are potential dangerous criminals. Its so easy the commanding officers tell them those people in those people are dangerous domestic terrorists.

I really don't want you to be right. I can't be that much of a freak and misfit as to be the only one who would stand there and say "Sir, you need to step down; you're command judgment has been compromised." Although in the scenario we all fear I would probably be sent to some gulag somewhere for water-boarding therapy - if not just shot outright.

posted on Apr, 24 2008 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Given the individual officers' varying capabilities to shoot the pistol efficiently the option of a submachine gun equipped with proper sights and a folding stock - to fire it from a steady two-handed shouldered position in semi-auto mode - could in fact be the key to keep collateral damage low. Shooting any firearm in the presence of crowds spells doom for innocent bystanders therefore the price should well be worth the cost. You know who founded Al-CIAda in the eighties, don't you? That there are terrorists is out of the question. We just cannot judge from their appearance who is paying them and so we don't know whether they are in the pay of the same guys who profited from flying cruise missiles into the pentagon and the WTC. Asking the all-important 'Who is profiting?' answers a whole bunch of questions therefore one cannot be too careful in choosing who to trust in special situations.

Somebody already said it in this tread, equipping the visible pawns with intimidating military weapons has psychological effects possibly motivating this move. Who is the real enemy here? Since the mythical security we are living in is not only our masters' to shape or break as suits their elaborate plans, security is an illusion. Identifying the perpetrators and making their intent obvious in a big media way would be a possibility at this point provided uncontrolled mass media were available. And the internet will soon cease to be such a great medium for barely controlled communication. Vista is a milestone in making the world wide web safe. Just imagine, yesterday when accessing the Mars Rover Website I received a message stating that visiting this site would not be suitable for minors. Vista cannot find a file no matter if it is on your harddisk or not, but the covert screening and messaging is state-of-the-art. This short deviation is intended to show that the attacks on our liberties happen on different levels.

If you are in doubt as to our shepherds' motivation, read up on the early days of fascist movements and the parallels to actual histrionics become immediately obvious. Dark uniforms and military weapons always intimidate and motivate sheeple to behave like sheep.

Some important guy once said that, by trying to exchange your safety for your liberty you invariably end up losing both.

posted on Apr, 24 2008 @ 03:46 PM
link   
On a related note an M4 carbine is hardly a sub machine gun, that is some pretty heavy duty firepower, especially at close range. When I read sub machine gun I think MP5 like the special forces carry. I would doubt they have a fully automatic option, perhaps some type of 3 round burst?

I am on the fence about this, reason being is that I still am on the fence about who dropped the twin towers, if it was an inside job then I am against this, if it wasnt I am for it. Just too hard to say, it all hinges on whether or not the twin towers were actually dropped by terrorists.

Do they have problems with the subway system in NY in terms of crime, crime worthy of carrying assault rifles?

Personally I think its to get americans used to seeing militarized police, which will be common place in all major cities in short order IMO.

posted on Apr, 24 2008 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by GradyPhilpott

A very real threat?

Please explain to me all of the terrorist acts that have happened here since 9/11, and even pre 9/11.

It's a fabricated threat.

Have you read the 9/11 forum, have you seen the mounds of evidence that dont add up to the official story. It seems to me you accept whatever it is our government has to say with blind faith.

This is the 2nd thread I have seen you trash talking members on here in as many days. Why do you even come to this forum? To belittle people?

posted on Apr, 24 2008 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Sub-Machine Guns in the Sub-Way!

[edit on 24-4-2008 by Howie47]

posted on Apr, 24 2008 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by BluByWho

I come here to read the views of others, to share my views and to defend my views and my values.

I know that my views are not popular, but they are well-infomed, well-considered, founded in experience and in reality and are valid.

Why are you you here?

posted on Apr, 24 2008 @ 05:05 PM
link   
In 1979, there arose a group of civil minded people that helped protect
the citizens in NYC,,, the called themselves 'Guardian Angels' and there's chapters of these do-gooders all over the world....

maybe the Guardian Angels are no longer effective...and machine gun weilding SWAT suit clad troopers are whats presently needed.

Yay for Charles Bronson's character in the Death Wish' series of films

posted on Apr, 24 2008 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Double post. Sorry.

posted on Apr, 24 2008 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott
The threat of terrorism is real.

As real as a paper tiger.

It must be met with resistance or it will happen again.

So must tyranny brought about in the name of "safety".

These kinds of measures are not universal, but in NYC where the threat is high because of the cities symbolic value and because the total effect of bombing or releasing chemicals or pathogens in the subway would be catastrophic, they are prudent.

NOTHING an M4-armed officer could do would be able to prevent such an attack, and bomb-sniffing dogs are useless against chemical/biological weapons.

Have you forgotten that the WTC was bombed once and ALLEGEDLY attacked by suicide pilots on 9/11?

I corrected that for you.

Have you forgotten that the Pentagon was ALLEGEDLY attacked and that the flight that [was shot] down was directed either to the Capitol or the White House?

Again, corrected. And frankly if Cheney had bit the big one in the bunker under the White House I wouldn't shed one G*d-Damned tear.

Do you not notice that Islamic radicals routinely make more threats against our homeland?

BTW, where's Bin Laden? Bush gave up looking for him long ago.

Whether you choose to admit it or not, we're at war and it is not a war of our making.

That's right--the war is the Elite vs. the People.

You should do a reality check.

So should you.

It might be fun to consider irrational conspiracies on ATS,

They're only "irrational" until enough evidence surfaces to prove them right.

but there are people out there who are charged with the very real job of protecting our nation.

Yes, Soldiers and Firefighters and Good Cops (not the paranoid whackos who look at all people as potential baby-killers). And they're being used as cannon fodder for the Elite.

Accusing them of nefarious intent does nothing constructive.

The people being accused have a track record of lies, murder, and human rights abuses in the name of money.

It takes courage to meet a threat head on, not to make baseless claims on the internet.

It also takes courage to realize that in a free society you are not, and never will be, completely safe, that freedom involves risk, and that anyone who tells you otherwise is selling bad pie. If you really believed in courage and freedom you would denounce this for the sham it is, denounce the Patriot Act, and denounce any concept of "preemptive war" as an effort to stop "terrorists". If you believe we need these things to help keep us safe, then I would contend that YOU, Sir, are the true coward. Freedom isn't free and freedom isn't always safe. You're more likely to die from falling down your own basement stairs or shoveling snow from your driveway than in a "terrorist attack", and that's the God's honest truth.

posted on Apr, 24 2008 @ 05:18 PM
link   
There have been "special" teams of officers with M-4s accompanied by National Guards men with M16's since 9-12-2001 in NYC at all the major transportation hubs. They have taken a few days off, but have been a presence in NYC for 7 years !

I thought the subway bombing were in Europe ?

NYC needs deflector shields or a giant bubble like in the movies !

posted on Apr, 24 2008 @ 05:24 PM
link   

I come here to read the views of others, to share my views and to defend my views and my values.

Yeah, the "values" of knuckling under to the Corporate Elite.

I know that my views are not popular,

That's an understatement.

but they are well-infomed,

All the best information the Neo-Con Radical Right can buy.

well-considered,

Considered by those who made it up for you to make sure you swallowed it.

founded in experience

Not knowing your experience, it's hard to say much about it, but I doubt very much you've been the victim of a terrorist attack or been involved in preventing them.

and in reality

The reality someone else wants you to believe in.

and are valid.

As valid as the lies you've been led to believe by the Elite.

Why are you you here?

To tell the truth and to counter people like You. Because someone has to.

posted on Apr, 24 2008 @ 05:32 PM
link   
reply to post by The Nighthawk

Are you able to compose your thoughts into a meaningful format without parsing the words of others into meaninglessness?

You couldn't be more wrong about me and my values, but then again, you couldn't be more wrong on a lot of things.

At least, I'm here to challenge ideas and to be challenged, not to engage in an orgy of group think.

I'm always gratified when my opposition is reduced to ad hominem attacks.

Thanks for your consideration.

posted on Apr, 24 2008 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Are you able to compose your thoughts into a meaningful format without parsing the words of others into meaninglessness?

Yes. But I choose not to, because this is much more effective at getting my point across. See, I take what you say, piece-by-piece, and dispute it, rather than quoting one big paragraph and having to make another big one of my own. Point, counter-point. That's how effective communication works.

You couldn't be more wrong about me and my values, but then again, you couldn't be more wrong on a lot of things.

What's to know? You're a right-winger who buys the lie.

At least, I'm here to challenge ideas and to be challenged, not to engage in an orgy of group think.

As am I.

I'm always gratified when my opposition is reduced to ad hominem attacks.

As far as I'm concerned your every post, your very viewpoint, is an ad hominem attack on true freedom and everyone who believes in it.

posted on Apr, 24 2008 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Here's why people come to this forum expressly for the purpose of arguing and belittling people.... because this is a site where people are TRYING to find the truth, and it is a very popular site. It is not paranoid to think that a lot of the people on here playing the ignorance card are just here doing damage control. The administrators know this. They play ignorant, too.

There are strange things happening out there, and there are major conspiracies going on against the poeple of the world, but as long as there is somebody pretending to know what he is talking about that denies the obvious, the fear of ridcule... especially from people who "seem" to have facts to back up their propaganda... will instill self doubt, and there will be no truth. There has never been any truth figured out at this site. Nobody taking the torch and saying "Now's the time to act."

This damn site is about MONEY. They don't want people to figure out the truth, either! They wanna continue their profits! People such as Grady are doing these profiteers a favor by casting doubt.

This is all bull#. I only come here becase I know what I'm looking for, but many of you do not.

The fact that I haven't found my answers yet means that most of you are about 1000 times farther away from the truth, and that being said, all of this fluff and these ruthless skeptics are doing a disservice to the good members of this site, the real owners. This site wouldn't be anywhere without them! The spooks have no right to be banned, but in the same breath, they have no right to stifle the evolution of the people's access to knowledge. So, all I can say to you Grady is either WAKE THE HELL UP, leave us who wanna discuss the real possibilities of things happening alone, or go take your spook certificate or badge or whatever agency logo that pays for your comfort and SHOVE IT!

Deny ignorance, my left testicle. I've had it with this. Look the # around or get the # out of the way!

[edit on 24-4-2008 by indierockalien]

posted on Apr, 24 2008 @ 05:57 PM
link   
That being said, adios ATS!

I hope some of you get the picture.

Either that, or have fun playing with the spooks and the children.

Indy out.

posted on Apr, 24 2008 @ 06:01 PM
link   

This is about terrorism alright. Its about the government getting ready for our revolt when the stuff hits the fan. This has nothing to do with protecting you, its about terrifying you into not protesting or doing the "Patriotic duty as an American" when the Government gets tyrannical.

Darn, I couldn't find the article. It was this morning on the Internet.
Someone running for sheriff, in Fla. Said, "all criminals should be labeled
terrorist".
Now, how would you like machine gun toting police, with that mentality!
"Sorry about machine gunning the back of your car, Mam! But you did run
that red light".

posted on Apr, 24 2008 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by indierockalien
People such as Grady are doing these profiteers a favor by casting doubt.

You should know that I have no connection with the money-making component of this site and that many of my views are as unpopular with the staff as they are with others.

I do place a high value on my integrity and the defense of those things that I hold dear. That is why I am an outspoken critic of what I consider to be distorted facts intended to do nothing more than to incite discord in the society.

I don't think there's anything wrong with that.

posted on Apr, 24 2008 @ 06:08 PM
link   
In turkey you see heavily armoured mp everywhere....

This is not that special.

posted on Apr, 24 2008 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Someone running for sheriff, in Fla. Said, "all criminals should be labeled terrorist".

Now, this is a matter that I consider to be of genuine concern.

Not that we don't have criminals engaging in forms of terrorism, especially gangs, but this kind of abuse of the law can get out of hand.

I feel sure that the courts will be ruling on this sort of thing soon.

I don't like to cite blogs, but this is the only reference I can find, so there is no corroboration of the story or what the Sheriff's candidate meant specifically.

However, there have been cases where the Patriot Act has been used against criminals, I'm pretty sure. I don't know if these charges have resulted in any convictions.

intelstrike.com...

Here is the Sheriff's candidate's website in the interest of fairness.

malonestewart.com...

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join