It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Submachine Gun-Toting Cops To Patrol NYC Subways

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2008 @ 11:00 PM
link   
reply to post by US Monitor

Yes I've seen cops in train stations with submachine guns. Their favorite is the MP5. Amtrak now requires security guards or cops armed with these guns to "protect" the customers. Apparently up until this past year there was adequate security, but now 2008 is more dangerous for some reason.

I don't trust cops with shotguns either, but its the nature of the beast. Police officers are the gang that's supposed to protect the civilians. They have to be as bad or worse than those they're "protecting" us against, which as of recently, can be anyone from drug dealers to terrorists.

posted on Apr, 24 2008 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Cops don't carry shotguns in the subway either.

posted on Apr, 24 2008 @ 11:13 PM
link   
reply to post by biggie smalls

Interesting,

wcbstv.com...

Teams comprised of a sergeant, five officers and a bomb-sniffing dog will circulate each day on subway platforms and trains, focusing on stations below Grand Central, Penn Station, Herald Square and other high-traffic spots, officials said.

In recent years, similar, so-called Hercules units -- distinguished by their special black uniforms, helmets and body armor -- have patrolled above ground around Wall Street and landmarks like the Empire State building as part of the NYPD's response to the Sept. 11, 2001, attacks.

Among the threats cited by the NYPD: A reported plot by al-Qaida terrorists to kill thousands of New Yorkers by spreading cyanide gas in the subway; a thwarted scheme to blow up the Herald Square station in 2004; and the discovery by investigators in the 2004 Madrid train bombing of a crude diagram of Grand Central Terminal on a computer disk seized from one of the suspect's homes.

The police commissioner told the AP that the weapon to be used is the Heckler & Koch MP5, a German-designed submachine gun.

One subway rider, construction worker Frank Turdo, reacted to Friday's announcement with skepticism.

"Every precaution we take, the terrorists find another way to get around it," Turdo said, noting that after the 1993 World Trade Center explosion, terrorists attacked the same site with airplanes in 2001. However, he added, "If it will make officials feel they're doing a better job, it's fine with me."

I will have to look up stats on crime in the subway system especially in that area. Also reminds me of the wacko in Japan who tried to poison people in the subway system there.

posted on Apr, 24 2008 @ 11:14 PM
link   
reply to post by jackinthebox

I said they have them in there cars. And it doesn't appear that all cops will be carrying the MP-5 either.

posted on Apr, 24 2008 @ 11:16 PM
link   

"Every precaution we take, the terrorists find another way to get around it," Turdo said, noting that after the 1993 World Trade Center explosion, terrorists attacked the same site with airplanes in 2001. However, he added, "If it will make officials feel they're doing a better job, it's fine with me."

The "terrorists" are the ones in Washington and the same ones "protecting" us. I'll die before I live in fear of terrorism thanks.

And I bet you think Al Qaeda and Osama Bin Laden attacked us on 911 without help of the gubbermint.

posted on Apr, 24 2008 @ 11:17 PM
link   
Here's a recent article regarding Amtrak security:

Amtrak passengers will have to submit to random screening of carry-on bags in a major new security push that will include officers with automatic weapons and bomb-sniffing dogs patrolling platforms and trains, the railroad planned to announce Tuesday.

The initiative is a significant shift for Amtrak. Unlike the airlines, it has had relatively little visible increase in security since the 2001 terrorist attacks, a distinction that has enabled it to attract passengers eager to avoid airport hassles.

"There is no new or different specific threat," Kummant said. "This is just the correct step to take."

www.foxnews.com...

[edit on 2008/4/24 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Apr, 24 2008 @ 11:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by biggie smalls

The "terrorists" are the ones in Washington and the same ones "protecting" us. I'll die before I live in fear of terrorism thanks.

And I bet you think Al Qaeda and Osama Bin Laden attacked us on 911 without help of the gubbermint.

You do know that what you quoted was from the article right?

Are you afraid of a decent conversation? Maybe you should take the tinfoil hat off and realize that being paranoid over everything isn't healthy and is going to hurt your quality of life.

Watch out for the sky, I don't want it to hit you when it falls.....

posted on Apr, 24 2008 @ 11:24 PM
link   

I know what I quoted and no I'm not afraid of anything thanks.

I still don't trust the gubbermint. Who killed JFK? Who killed MLK? Who did 911? Who planned operation northwoods? Who let pearl harbor happen?

Edited for grammar

[edit on 4/24/2008 by biggie smalls]

posted on Apr, 24 2008 @ 11:36 PM
link   
reply to post by biggie smalls

I don't trust the Govt either. I don't trust anyone who works so hard to gain power for themselves.

JFK I would love to know the whole deal there. Same with Roswell. 9/11, I am more skeptical there. As for Pearl. Many things don't add up there, though I have my doubts that the US Govt. just let it happen.

I also think that Occam's Razor provides an answer to some of the questions that come up. Sometimes the forest hides the trees. And sometime the trees hide the forest.

posted on Apr, 24 2008 @ 11:40 PM
link   

Well that's something we can agree on. Sounds like you are familiar with fox news' "fair and balanced" reporting

I still think arming the police force isn't going to stop crime or terrorism. Those who wish to do harm will figure out new ways to cause destruction and no amount of surveillance or weaponry is going to stop that.

Look at Iraq/Afghanistan. We have technological and military superiority, yet we're still not "done" with whatever it is we're doing there.

If cops carry MP5s around subways, so should civilians. I'll have to apply for a concealed carry permit just so I'll be on a somewhat even page.

posted on Apr, 24 2008 @ 11:41 PM
link   

We did more than just "let" Pearl Harbor happen. We provoked it. That's why we didn't go after them first, and why we treated them better after the war.

posted on Apr, 25 2008 @ 12:58 AM
link   
reply to post by jackinthebox

I worry about you jackinthebox-I left that cesspool (east harlem) 6 months ago, I promised I would once they started to build the home depot on the FDR right across from my house, blocking the view of the river. I am happy to be out o there in a red state that loves guns...but kidding aside, do you work in the city? None of my friends have mentioned seeing cops with assault rifles on the subway, is it all hype or what??

posted on Apr, 25 2008 @ 01:56 AM
link   
I dont understand why htiers a need for any armed swats or army teams... I mean, IF someone is sickly,is planning to bomb the subway, wouldnt they see the presence of the armed cops? That would deter them from doing it, that day anyway... the idea is to catch them red handed, before it detonates.. not showing your position before the strike! makes no sense.
soundslike either its public harrasment, NWO moving closer, or the government once again is seeing some sad and maliscous intent is to be carried out, and using the armed cops as a distraction.

CX

posted on Apr, 25 2008 @ 03:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by indierockalien

This damn site is about MONEY. They don't want people to figure out the truth, either! They wanna continue their profits! People such as Grady are doing these profiteers a favor by casting doubt.

This is all bull#. I only come here becase I know what I'm looking for, but many of you do not.

Thats the funniest thing i've read all week!

With a membership of thousands, and the business skills that the site management show, do you not think that they would have started things like mandatory subscriptions for members if this place was all about money.

I've only been here few years, but not once have i ever been asked for money or donations of any kind.

Like it or not, this is probably THE best FREE conspiracy site on the web!

I'm very open minded and do not limit myself to just one website on my journey through cyberspace, so please, u2u me with a decent list of alternative conspiracy sites that do not demand anything from it's members.

The fact that I haven't found my answers yet means that most of you are about 1000 times farther away from the truthSo, all I can say to you Grady is either WAKE THE HELL UP, leave us who wanna discuss the real possibilities of things happening alone, or go take your spook certificate or badge or whatever agency logo that pays for your comfort and SHOVE IT!

How does the fact that you have'nt found answers yet, mean that everyone else here is a 1000 times further from the truth? You attack another member because they gave an opinion you do not like, which in itself is pretty ignorant. If theres a reason you are more qualified to find the truth than others here, i'd love to hear it.

No please, i really would.

Deny ignorance, my left testicle. I've had it with this. Look the # around or get the # out of the way!

For someone who wants to find the truth, i'd advise reading the terms and conditions about foul language on whatever site you visit,, tends to make your stay here that little longer. Just a tip

Opinions vary, some people need to get used to that.

CX.

CX

posted on Apr, 25 2008 @ 03:06 AM
link   
My apologies.

I see you found the edit and hash key. Always a good move.

CX.

posted on Apr, 25 2008 @ 03:43 AM
link   
I'd rather have my police force outfitted with the equipment that makes them competitive with any dedicated criminal or terrorist.

I remember the North Hollywood Shootout when living in California. I mean yes its an isolated case but it goes to show that pea shooter Berettas and the occasional shotgun doesn't do the same job as say an AR15 or MP5.

CX

posted on Apr, 25 2008 @ 05:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Agent47

I remember the North Hollywood Shootout when living in California. I mean yes its an isolated case but it goes to show that pea shooter Berettas and the occasional shotgun doesn't do the same job as say an AR15 or MP5.

That particular shootout is always being shown on the Discovery channel, i urge anyone who complains about police carrying more powerfull weapons to watch this.

Just shows what we can face from the everyday criminal. These guys were'nt even terrorists.

CX.

posted on Apr, 25 2008 @ 07:40 AM
link   
If this is OK by the people of New York I guess it's OK by me. I don't expect to visit there, and if I lived there I would move. That's my 2 cents worth.

posted on Apr, 25 2008 @ 08:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott
reply to post by BluByWho

I come here to read the views of others, to share my views and to defend my views and my values.

I know that my views are not popular, but they are well-infomed, well-considered, founded in experience and in reality and are valid.

Why are you you here?
[edit on 2008/4/24 by GradyPhilpott]

I come here to deny ignorance, to find the real truth, and to maybe hash out a consipracy or two. I don't believe 10% of what I read here, but that little bit of information I do find is what matters. I was randomly lead to this site a few years ago by a john titor search on google.

I am not here to be spoon fed the same crap I can see/watch/hear on FOX, or CBS, or NBC. Which seems to me like the words you regurgitate over and over on this forum.

It's not that your views are unpopular, its that your views can be found on the evening news, and nobody on this forum is here to be spoon fed the republican propaganda.

I come to this forum with an open mind, I dont come here to defend my own views and values like yourself. I come here to establish views and values, to read the news not being reported on the MSM to get the other side of the stpry, and to make an informed decision after I hear BOTH sides of the story.

I don't come here to tell people I am and right you are wrong, If I disagree with what they are saying you better believe I will have something to say, but If it turns out I am wrong I will consider it my denying ignorance, accept the fact that I am wrong, and move on. But, this forum isnt about who is right and who is wrong.

This forum is about bringing a collective group of people together who bring different areas of expertise to different subjects, to read between the lines, and to get to the bottom of the edited stories we are fed on a daily basis, and to find the true cause behind the news we hear. Unfortunatly it seems your area of expertise is in always being right, being closed minded, and set in your ways. Your here to be ignorant, not deny ignorance. If I have gotten the wrong impression, I apologize, but I have only seen you post in two forums, and in both of them carried the same tune.

posted on Apr, 26 2008 @ 02:04 PM
link   
This short article does not warrant a thread, but fits right in with this BS...

Massachusetts Police Get Black Uniforms to Instill Sense of 'Fear'

Sgt. John Delaney told a city council hearing Wednesday that the stark uniforms send a message to criminals that officers are serious about making arrests.
Delaney said a sense of "fear" has been missing for the past few years.

The article even refers to them as "military-style uniforms" -- how many of you still think this militarization of our police forces is not well under way...?

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join