It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FLDS Hoax caller, also Obama delegate?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2008 @ 07:08 AM
link   
Maybe this is a stretch.
But the Colorado woman accused of making hoax phone calls to Texas authorities, Rozita Swinton of Colorado, is also a delegate for the Obama campaign, district 269, El Paso County, Colorado.
See here:
www.peakdems.org...

This woman posed as a 13 year old girl on the phone, with allegations of abuse and rape. (this may or may not be true), and prompted a raid on the Texas compound, which resulted in over 400 children taken into protective custody.

The raids took place on April 3rd..
Not too many days after McCain began parading around Romney, as a potential VP.

Like I said this may be a stretch.
But a McCain/Romney Ticket is one combo that may have stood a chance at beating Obama in the General.

Was this woman trying to manipulate the publics view of Mormons?
Trying to tie the cultish FLDS, to the Mainstream Latter Day Saints.

I thought the timing was interesting.

Any thoughts on this?

posted on Apr, 24 2008 @ 07:46 AM
link   
Actually it was a 16 year old girl and this still doesn't make sense... the woman in Colorado would have had to have knowledge of the compound and its practices in the first place to make the call, and how many outside of its residents and the other people in the area even knew of its existence?

As for the Obama spin, I don't think there is any.

posted on Apr, 24 2008 @ 07:49 AM
link   
reply to post by spacedoubt

It wouldn't hurt to pass on this information to Sean Hannity.

posted on Apr, 24 2008 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Grover, you're right, my mistake. She posed as a 16 year old girl named Sarah.
"Who had a baby, and another on the way."

Here are other allegations:

In late October, Swinton posed as a 13-year-old girl named Dana in several phone calls to a counselor from TESSA, a Colorado Springs organization that helps victims of rape and domestic abuse.

Dana said she had been abused for several years by a youth pastor from New Life Church in Colorado Springs.

The counselor spoke to Dana for as long as 15 hours over the course of two days and said she "sounded like a young, hysterical crying female."

Swinton told a confidant that Rozita and Dana are "in the same body, but just different personalities." She said the Dana personality "is there to protect Rozita from being hurt."

In September 2006, someone identifying herself as April called a Rampart High School guidance counselor claiming she was being abused by her father and uncle. The caller claimed she was pregnant and seeking an abortion.

She also posed as a 15 year old named Erika.

And a Girl supposedly being held captive which set off a massive search in Colorado Springs

There's more at the link.
Colorado Springs Gazette

There were calls outside of Colorado.
To the Snohomish County Shelter for women.
And the Infamus calls to Texas, which set off the raids, and the taking of all of those children.

She obviously has problems. And yes she is an Obama delegate.
Depending on her level of deviousness, this may or may not be related to Romney's campaign.

I guess my other problem with this, is that a mentally ill woman is making accusations all over the place. When children are involved, the police generally have to take action.

She didn't have to have any internal knowledge of the goings on in the Texas compound. It all could have been extrapolated from the Jeffs case.

While I certainly have a problem with the allegations of what may have happened within the confines of these FLDS groups.
It bothers me a little that a person with mental problems is:

1. an Obama delegate (was there a Grudge against Mormons in general terms?)

2. The fact that anyone who may hold such a grudge can make these allegations, against anyone else. In turn ruining their lives. All it would take is for you, or anyone esle to piss off the wrong person.

[edit on 24-4-2008 by spacedoubt]

posted on Apr, 24 2008 @ 02:14 PM
link   
I agree with you, space.

What was once a huge enigma is now coming together.

I think the campaign is a key factor in this plot.

The question is whether or not Obama was complicit.

That much I doubt, but clearly Ms. Swinton had more on her mind than playing phone pranks.

I will go this much further.

Regardless of the abuses that might have taken place in the FLDS compound, the effects of placing these kids in foster care will make look like nothing.

I've seen what foster care, group homes and shelters can do to innocent kids and it's not a pretty thing. It is horrifying.

[edit on 2008/4/24 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Apr, 24 2008 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Wow, she really got around on the phone. Its a bit overboard and it is a stretch but still possible. Interesting theory space thanks

posted on Apr, 24 2008 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Swinton is a paid informant. The media is trying to spin it so that it looks like she is FDLS stalker. The sheets of paper about FDLS found in her apartment were cheat sheets given to her by whoever pays her to rat people out. Not only does Romney look bad but so does Obama whose hand has been helped by this turn of events? Hillary. It would be quite informative to know who posted Swinton's twenty thousand dollar bond. I think FDLS is a weird group but I never again want to see CPS round up fourhundred and thirt-seven children. CPS should only work on a case by case name by name basis.

posted on Apr, 24 2008 @ 05:23 PM
link   
The TV News is reporting that this women is indeed an Obama delegate.

I'm sure he had nothing to do with it. Still ... it kinda makes you wonder what kind of qualifications does someone need to be a delegate?

The fact that all this is going on with that cult because of a prank phone call puts the entire case in peril. Taking those children out was based upon this prank call. A lawyer could EASILY get charges dismissed and the children back into the cult because the prank call is what got everything started.

posted on Apr, 24 2008 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
...it kinda makes you wonder what kind of qualifications does someone need to be a delegate?

The answer to that is not much. I'm pretty sure you have to be a registered voter, though.

As to the case, I'm pretty sure that it's going to hold up based on recent court rulings, but we shall see.

posted on Apr, 25 2008 @ 08:43 AM
link   
Come on people this has nothing to do with the campaign for president.

McCain would be a damned fool if he chose Romney... he's already in trouble with the religious right and that would totally lose them for him. He will go with Huckabee or my name isn't Grover Maxwell Underfoot the dog.

posted on Apr, 25 2008 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by grover

You are right this is not about politics. This a state is trying to see how many rights it can violate based on an annonymous tip. I can't stomach the notion that Swinton is a hero ,because the state has found evidence of child abuse at the fdls ranch. The ends do not justify the means. The state should not have used Swinton at all they had undercover officers in the compound. The state knew the minute Swinton's was call was made it originated in Colorado Springs ,Colorado. Using her call was either a Machiavellian trick or dumb. Either way ,it is embarrasing and dangerous. Using a prank call to make a case should not be rewarded it should be punshed.

posted on Apr, 27 2008 @ 09:34 AM
link   
reply to post by grover

Grover.
I respect your opinion. I happened to be in Texas for a wedding when this all started. (It was a monogamous wedding of two willing participants in their 20's)
Hearing this in the local news, and also watching the McCain Romney show at the same time, is what tied them together in my brain. I'm just speculating here, however. this election season has been one of strangest in memory. So dirty tricks are not to be ignored, IMO..

posted on Apr, 27 2008 @ 10:07 AM
link   

While I am not exactly an Obama supporter (more by default really) I really have a hard time imagining his campaign pulling a stunt like this; I mean its based on the speculation of McCain choosing Romney, which as I have said I believe would be political suicide for him. Even if McCain did chose Romney, I would find it hard to believe that this would be the work of the Obama team... the Clinton camp, perhaps, but still its a stretch.

Something is still missing here... if the woman in Colorado really did make the call that started all of this, she would have had to have knowledge of this secretive group.

I think some sort of personal grudge is behind it, if she really did it at all. Its the only thing that makes sense.

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Rozita alledgedly has a foster mother who writes books and is a publisher at Westview Publishing. Kate Rosemary I think her name is. Rozita also has an arrest warrant that lists many names she used during calls claiming that she was being sexually abused. Somewhere that pdf file of her arrests is online. I read it. The Westview publishing site has been closed. I hope Rozita is ok.

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by grover

I don't think she had a grudge. This is Swinton's background. She is a former foster child. She is a community college student. She wanted to be a social worker. She suffers from black outs. She speaks in a child's voice. She sounds like a fragile person who could easiliy be manipulated. She is a patsy. Someone posted her twenty thousand dollar bond. Someone very high up wanted to set a precedent for mass kidapping and used Swinton.

top topics

join