It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What did jesus look like??

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 29 2004 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amuk

Wow. You beat Colonel at his own game. And the funny thing is, he didn't even deny he was a racist.

Thats a funny thing about the colonel if he starts losing an arguement he stops posting

No, its really because I am at wotrk and I cannot afford to go into a prolonged smackdown lest I be reprimanded.

In any event, race is important. Why? Besides what I've already mentioned, the black race is bereft of ALL historical figures of significance because their identities have been stolen. Now, all we can do is bounce a ball, run a football, sing a song, or tell a joke. Entertainment. What the hell is that? What contribuition is that to human advancement?

In the meanwhile, all our achivements like Santa, Jesus, the apostles, the guy that invented the stop light, the first heart transplant, the author of the 3 Muskateers, and a plethora of other achivements gets their identity stolen or is thrown into the dustbin of history so that all we have now for black children to aspire to is to be a drug dealer, rapper or an athlete---an entertainer. As opposed to trying to achieving the accomplisments of the past.

In fact, the above three categories is pretty much how we are portrayed and sterotyped because our achivement shave been stolen or wiped away.

That's why it matters.

(See, I didn't even yell that time)

[Edited on 29-2-2004 by Colonel]

posted on Feb, 29 2004 @ 09:55 PM
link   

the author of the 3 Muskateers

Really?

Are you saying Dumas, wasnt that his name, was black?

I didnt know that, learn something every day.

But still yet I think the odds are only slightly better that jesus was black than white, which the odds of him being white are about 0%.

I would still say he was probibly Arabic or Persian with a small possibilty of black, but even if he wasnt as you stated yall still have role models to be proud of.

And just for the record anyone that thinks all blacks can do is rap and play ball is an idiot.

posted on Feb, 29 2004 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amuk

the author of the 3 Muskateers

Really?

Are you saying Dumas, wasnt that his name, was black?

I didnt know that, learn something every day.

But still yet I think the odds are only slightly better that jesus was black than white, which the odds of him being white are about 0%.

I would still say he was probibly Arabic or Persian with a small possibilty of black, but even if he wasnt as you stated yall still have role models to be proud of.

And just for the record anyone that thinks all blacks can do is rap and play ball is an idiot.

Yes, Dumas was black but you didn't know that and you would be like the rest of the populace. That's why race matters.

YOu said:"but even if he wasnt as you stated yall still have role models to be proud of."

Really? What are we teaching people today that confirms your statement. And don't say MLK or Malcom X. Go back in history.

posted on Feb, 29 2004 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Colonel
Really? What are we teaching people today that confirms your statement. And don't say MLK or Malcom X. Go back in history.

I think he was talking about Jesus in that line, not about Dumas. But to answer the query, if I was black, Id be proud of Frederick Douglas.

posted on Feb, 29 2004 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agent47

I think he was talking about Jesus in that line, not about Dumas. But to answer the query, if I was black, Id be proud of Frederick Douglas.

Ok, go back before that. Before American history.

posted on Feb, 29 2004 @ 10:19 PM
link   
I think he looked like Hooper X from Chasing Amy. Complete with leather jacket and "Black Power" buttons. That or maybe Papa Smurf.

posted on Feb, 29 2004 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Ok, go back before that. Before American history.

Ok well this is the man Id think of.

Saint Augustine

Historians tell us that there is more intimate knowledge available about St. Augustine than of any other individual in the whole world of antiquity. Augustine the sinner is all too well known. There is knowledge of him as a convert and author of Confessions, but little is known of his as Father of the Church and as a saint.

Augustine was born in the little town of Tegaste, Africa, on November 13, 354. He claimed that he learned the love of God from his mother Monica's breast, and that her early Christian training influenced his entire life. He was highly educated, having studied at Madura, Africa, the University of Carthage, and Rome. He was brilliant - actually a genius, and he used his great abilities to lead men to love God.

His thousands of letters, sermons and tracts, combined with 232 books, instructed the Early Church and have relevance for the Church today. It is said that Christian scholars through the ages owe much to St. Augustine and that the full impact of his psychology and his embryonic theology will be felt in years to come. Augustine was truly a saint. He live an austere life, performing great acts of mortification and penance. He wrote, "I pray to God, weeping almost daily." Two of his most famous books are "Confessions" which is an autobiography and "City of God".

St. Augustine's feast day is August 28th

posted on Feb, 29 2004 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Now, see. I didn't know that. I thought St. Augustine was some white guy but your excerpt says different and this is what I'm talking about. Not many people know this and take the same assumption I took.

posted on Mar, 1 2004 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Race only matters because people want it to matter. I don't look at anyone differently just because of the color of their skin. That's shallow, racist, and wrong. I don't look at white people any different that I do black people or any other color for that matter. And I even live in a highly white populated area, where many people are racist and prejudiced. It didn't rub off on me.

I don't look down on any race, I look down on human kind in general. They're prejudiced, greedy, selfish/self-centered, barbaric, and ignorant.(Yes, I place myself in the same catagory)

But, I am so sick of this racist BS. It's going to drive me insane.

posted on Mar, 1 2004 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Even tjhos you are "color-blind, you didn't address this which is a blight on society:

In any event, race is important. Why? Besides what I've already mentioned, the black race is bereft of ALL historical figures of significance because their identities have been stolen. Now, all we can do is bounce a ball, run a football, sing a song, or tell a joke. Entertainment. What the hell is that? What contribuition is that to human advancement?

In the meanwhile, all our achivements like Santa, Jesus, the apostles, the guy that invented the stop light, the first heart transplant, the author of the 3 Muskateers, and a plethora of other achivements gets their identity stolen or is thrown into the dustbin of history so that all we have now for black children to aspire to is to be a drug dealer, rapper or an athlete---an entertainer. As opposed to trying to achieving the accomplisments of the past.

In fact, the above three categories is pretty much how we are portrayed and sterotyped because our achivement shave been stolen or wiped away.

That's why it matters.

posted on Mar, 1 2004 @ 10:41 AM
link   
A conversation with my friend:

Me: There is a discussion on ATS. Was Jesus black, bronze or white?

Her reply: He was everything.

REALLY made me think

[Edited on 1-3-2004 by Johnny]

posted on Mar, 1 2004 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Johnny
A conversation with my friend:

Me: There is a discussion on ATS. Was Jesus black, bronze or white?

Her reply: He was everything.

REALLY made me think

[Edited on 1-3-2004 by Johnny]

Uh, what does that mean?

posted on Mar, 1 2004 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Uh, what does that mean?

Made me think, others are not very keen in understanding metaphores.
a spiritual leader of billions of people can't be looked at in this way: to every human in the world he is the saviour and everyone can imegine him to themselves any way they want.
His vision is to be spread among our brothers and sisters to save their souls.
His skincolour is the least important (though the thread had many replies...)

Also: maybe he was a cross-breed: black/white/yellow/bronze and a little reptillian and grey blood to it

posted on Mar, 1 2004 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Made me think, others are not very keen in understanding metaphores.
a spiritual leader of billions of people can't be looked at in this way: to every human in the world he is the saviour and everyone can imegine him to themselves any way they want.
His vision is to be spread among our brothers and sisters to save their souls.
His skincolour is the least important (though the thread had many replies...)

But, in actuality this would be false. What's the difference between imaging himn as you have described and me imagining him as Hitler? There is no difference if you chooseto make stuff up.

posted on Mar, 1 2004 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Even tjhos you are "color-blind, you didn't address this which is a blight on society:

That's why it matters.

The silence is telling.

posted on Mar, 1 2004 @ 11:29 AM
link   

But, in actuality this would be false. What's the difference between imaging himn as you have described and me imagining him as Hitler? There is no difference if you choose to make stuff up.

I have described him as the saviour etc.
The physical image has nothing to do with his idea.

Imagine:
A man follows Jesus' vision, his word, the laws stated by him. In his mind there's an image of a short guy with dark hair and short moustache. He does good, he is a good christian and the image in his mind has nothing to do with a mass murderer nor with nationalistic outlook.

posted on Mar, 1 2004 @ 11:30 AM
link   

But, in actuality this would be false. What's the difference between imaging himn as you have described and me imagining him as Hitler? There is no difference if you choose to make stuff up.

I have described him as the saviour etc.
The physical image has nothing to do with his idea.

Imagine:
A man follows Jesus' vision, his word, the laws stated by him. In his mind there's an image of a short guy with dark hair and short moustache. He does good, he is a good christian and the image in his mind has nothing to do with a mass murderer nor with nationalistic outlook.

So just anybody can be the Son of God, right?

posted on Mar, 1 2004 @ 11:40 AM
link   

^
||
THE SON OF GOD COULD LOOK LIKE ANYBODY

There is a common opinion in the Catholic Church that:
1. Jesus is in the hearts of all people.
2. Man was created in God's image
3. Men are children of God
We all than have a bit of godlines in ourselves.

Is it wrong that once ago white men believed Jesus was white, black men believed he was black and asians believed he was yellow/olive if they tried to follow his word?

posted on Mar, 1 2004 @ 11:56 AM
link   

^
||
THE SON OF GOD COULD LOOK LIKE ANYBODY

There is a common opinion in the Catholic Church that:
1. Jesus is in the hearts of all people.
2. Man was created in God's image
3. Men are children of God
We all than have a bit of godlines in ourselves.

Is it wrong that once ago white men believed Jesus was white, black men believed he was black and asians believed he was yellow/olive if they tried to follow his word?

Yes, because that is not what the Scriptures said. So, therefore, if you just go about believeing your own folly, then you are setting a trap for yourself which Satan is hoping for.

posted on Mar, 1 2004 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Tom J. Marshal Fire extinguisher
W.A. Lavalette Printing press
Alexander Miles Elevator
Purdy & Sadgwar Folding chair
G.T. Sampson Clothes drier
Henry Sampson Cellular phone
J. Standard Refrigerator
Paul E Williams Helicopter

and many others.

These are inventions from African Americans. They are much more important than just basketball/golf stars, or singers.

I never read any of this in MY history books.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join