It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What did jesus look like??

page: 19
<< 16  17  18   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2006 @ 11:17 AM
link   
I believe in the Old Testament he was described as having dark skin and short, very curly hair.

In any case, I doubt he looked like Ted Nugent.... which is what most pictures portray him as looking like.

posted on Jan, 17 2006 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by McGotti
Ok after the untimely end to the original thread for reason I still have not been informed about I decieded to revive this thread here becuase I feel the implications are astounding!!

I have found that instead of having a intellectual conversation about the real color of jesus most people would rather just start yelling about morons and satanists.

Ok ...so now instead of what color was jesus?.......how about why peo-ple got so offensive when the topic was simply brought up for the sake of debate.

As I sated proplably over 15 times during the original thread the idea of it was not JUST to figure out what color jesus was but to find out WHY people believe he was the color he was.

It appeared that many many people became extremly confuesed about this and called it a waste of time...how it is a waste of time ill never know ...honestley...

If people do not see that christianity has been used for centuries by rich white elite to control and spread their power across the globe then they are truley cluelles as to what they realy have faith in the first place.

If the documents and phrases are so vauge that we cannot not even GUESS at the color of jesus besides the fact of the area in which he lived shows that things may have been hiddin in order for the elite in control of the vatican to continue on in this fashion.

Show some evidence he was arab,jew,black,white,jamacian...the fact is you cant becuase there is almost nothing to go on..

why is that?? did jesus do this on purpose??? I doubt it although I am open to that idea..

I think its much more plausible that his true identity has been clouded for reasons of power and wealth.

ok lets use some common sense for a moment. where do we get our info about jesus from. well a collection of stories from the hebrew bible and
other hebrew writers. the old testament which is were we would find the first mentions of the hebrew messiah talks about the hebrew lineage basically starting with abraham. then along come jesus in the new testament where he is born into a hebrew liniage. joseph was a devoute jew and a direct decendent of david. being such a devoute jew joseph would not have married outside of the hebrew line therefore mary would have been hebrew. being born into the region he was born into and to the family he was born you would have to make an educated guess that he would be hebrew.

deuteronomy 18:15......
"the lord thy god will raise up unto thee a prophet from the midst of thee, of thy brethren, like unto me: unto him ye shall hearken"

jesus being anything other then hebrew would make no sense at all.

posted on Jan, 17 2006 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by zappafan1
I believe in the Old Testament he was described as having dark skin and short, very curly hair.

In any case, I doubt he looked like Ted Nugent.... which is what most pictures portray him as looking like.

i think you mean new testament. there was no mention of jesus in the old as he was not born yet

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 01:50 AM
link   
Although I am not a practicing Christian, it is my belief that Jesus would have had to have looked like other people who lived in the Middle East at the time he lived did. This is what makes the most sense to me. And it really doesn't matter what he looked like, though, as long as you accept him if you believe that he actually existed.

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 09:11 AM
link   
I came across a book (name escapes me at the moment) on early Christian art a few years back and it pointed out that the common visage of Jesus has been with us a long time, dating back to the late 1st and early 2nd centuries as is found in the catacombs of Rome and other early Christian sites in the middle east. As a result the author suggested that it was actually based on actual recollections of the man.

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Holy thread resurrection - all puns intended!

The near east at the time was "whiter" than it is today, with the strong Greek and Anatolian influences. Odds are, he had thick curly or kinked hair of a shade somewhere between black and a sandy brown, a lean face, brown eyes, thick eyebrows, and a nice tan. If his genealogy is to be believed, he would have also had a pretty woolly beard. His hair would have been kept short both for religious and practical reasons, save for the locks at his temples.

Come to think of it... Jesus probably resembled Matisyahu.

posted on Apr, 18 2008 @ 11:05 PM
link   
reply to post by McGotti

He was Jewish. Probably tone skinned and in between?

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 08:20 PM
link   
reply to post by lilblam

It dosn't matter, just as little as it matters if he could walk on water or not. It is what he said that is important.
Most paintings that have been made of Jesus was made by peope who never left there contry or meet people form other contries the same thing goes for most of the icons, and so they made them look like the people around them. Just look at the last supper than find out what the people lookt like where the painting was made. But as I said. What he lookt like dosn't matter.

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 05:28 AM
link   
I have solved the problem, Jesus can not be aliked to any race or human being unless they are concieved of the holly spirit. That is, although he looked like his mom mary's side of the ethinc group we should remeber that he was not concieved by Joseph. My point is, give me any type of human being on this earth and ask me if Jesus looked like that human beings race or if Jesus was intrinsically of the same genetic / or racial compostion as that human being(Jew,African,European and Asian etc) the answer would be NONE. The day we have a middle eastern, concieved and birthed from a jewish mom/dad and the holly spirit...we will be able to say this is the person that represents Jesus' race. Which doesnt exist at this time. How the jews looked from 2000 years ago is probaly the closest thing Jesus looked like physically but still he was half God, which no race is at this time
or will ever be
. So as a matter of fact, there is no EXACT race that represents Jesus' race. Oh, bythe way God looks like all of us because we are all made by Gods image. We can't put God in a box, he is the source of all. All people came from him and since he said "let us create human in our image" that means we all are a reflection of him.
Although what Jesus looked like is a good factual exploration and interesting discussion....what is more important is for people to remeber what did Jesus stand for and why did he come here. Each person should answer and decide for himself. Jesus said..if we make him the Lord of our lives and do what he has said in the Bible he promises us Heaven /eternal life.. and rejecting him will lead us to hell. Be blessed.

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 05:58 AM
link   
Jesus Lord in Heaven. If I was ever to gain pointers I think I have a clue.
He was a man, he had a beard, and he did good things. I just lost about 20 brain cells.

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 01:45 AM
link   
jesus was not white, far from it, he was olive skinned (dar) like the pharoahs, coming from egypt

new topics

top topics

<< 16  17  18   >>

join