It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What did jesus look like??

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2004 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amuk
Well for sure he wasnt white or oreintal, he was deffently a dark skined person, the only question is the degree of darkness, which I would guess would tend to the darker rather than the lighter, if for no other reason than a carpenter works outside so would tend to be darker than the color of those around him. And as Krazy jethro mentioned they were trying to hide him in egypt which was even darker than the area they were from. IMO I would have to say probibly arabic with a fairly good chance of being black.

But I would still bet on Arabic.

Exactly, Arabic dark is not same as African dark. I'm not talking about the color as much as the facial features and contours. For example, Indians can be "black" but once again, the facial features are NOT african. Not everyone who is black is african. Also, NO ONE is black, there ARE no black people.

Black is a charcoal color... devoid of any hue. Therefore, all people are either brown, dark brown, golden brown, yellowish, etc. No one is also WHITE, except maybe albinos...

Therefore, Jesus may have had DARK skin, but he was NOT African, therefore what on Earth would make him have African facial features? Once again, dark-skinned Arabic style look is plausible.

I do wonder, the Jews in Israel are WHITE by most standards. Why would Jesus not look this way exactly?

posted on Feb, 27 2004 @ 01:33 PM
link   

I do wonder, the Jews in Israel are WHITE by most standards. Why would Jesus not look this way exactly?

I think most Jews in Israel look white because of interbreeding with white europians for so many generations. I seriously doubt the oriagnal Jews were that fair skined.

posted on Feb, 27 2004 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShiftTrio
Last time Bro, You care what his color is I dont, Black people dont have bronze skin, people in there area were arabic , brown and if you know what wool looks likes it furry and larger curls, not shorter with short curls.

Just because you think things are one way doesnt mean they are. I am going by scientific proof of the people in that area. you are going by YOUR interpretation of a document.

You are a racist. YOu care about people color, YOur living a lie. A huge Lie if you think your not a racist.

Was jesus White NOOOOOQOOOOOO get it nOOOOOO. But you are just as bad as the people who say he is white. Go with science its much more likely to be right.

You are a racist everyone here thinks you are.

YOu care about color you are a racist, get over it live with or change your ways, you are sounding more and more like and idiot everytime you type.

Oh go get a crayon and check out what bronze looks like please, you #ing color blind fool.

Im done with this idiot

It is YOU who are the racist for denying the truth! YOU burn with the hatred and racism in your eyes! And for you to deny is for you to be a racist and to deny the Son of of God. Read from KrazyJethro!

This is an interesting bit I found.

"Biblical lore: Soon after Jesus was born, Herod is believed to have sent his soldiers to seek and kill
him as an infant. To hide the Christ child, we are told his family fled with him to Egypt but pre-Arab
Egypt was a society of dark-skinned Africans (as evidenced in their own hieroglyphs) and it would be
folly to try hiding an Aryan baby there of all places. The land was referred to as Kemet (the Black land),
for thousands of years, and themselves as "Kemetcu" (the black humans). The "father" of modern
history, Herodotus, himself acknowledged as much when he said "the Egyptians, Colchians and
Ethiopians have thick lips, broad nose, wooly hair and are of burnt skin." Elsewhere, he actually referred
to them as "black�."

[Edited on 27-2-2004 by Colonel]

posted on Feb, 27 2004 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Jews in Israel are mostly white because they are from Europe and had lived there for a thousand years or so, so the bloodline is corrupted badly.

Also, about Jesus being black, this is a possibility because present day Israel is not a far cry from where black people lived, and some even lived in the area.

Is it so outragious that Maria could have come from the south, or perhaps her parents? Nothing is known about them or where she came from.

Jesus could even have been relatively white. There are many possibilities.

[Edited on 27-2-2004 by KrazyJethro]

posted on Feb, 27 2004 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Ah ok Amuk and Jethro.. thanks. Would be interesting to find out what people from that area looked like 2000 years ago, there should be documents about that somewhere... or pictures of some sort.

posted on Feb, 27 2004 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Best guess, look for the tax records (of sorts) since jesus was born in Jerusalem because Ceaser said all must be taxed, thus forcing her to make the journey there.

They must have some sort of artifacts to this effect.

posted on Feb, 27 2004 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by KrazyJethro
Best guess, look for the tax records (of sorts) since jesus was born in Jerusalem because Ceaser said all must be taxed, thus forcing her to make the journey there.

They must have some sort of artifacts to this effect.

Aw come on.. I want polaroids! You're telling me Jesus thought he wasn't photogenic and shied away from having his pic taken?

[Edited on 27-2-2004 by lilblam]

posted on Feb, 27 2004 @ 01:42 PM
link   

google image search for "bronze"

any of these look like the same shade as a black persons skin?

posted on Feb, 27 2004 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by dunkleskates

google image search for "bronze"

any of these look like the same shade as a black persons skin?

Obviously no, but it is possible that he was black. That's the point.

posted on Feb, 27 2004 @ 01:49 PM
link   
The first second and fourth pics. Nuff said! ANd I'm black, I should know. Next thing ya know, they're gonna start questioning MY blackness.

[Edited on 27-2-2004 by Colonel]

posted on Feb, 27 2004 @ 01:51 PM
link   

The first second and fourth pics. Nuff said! ANd I'm black, I should know. Next thing ya know, they're gonna start questioning MY blackness.

Your Black????????

posted on Feb, 27 2004 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Your Black????????

Very funny.:bnghd:

posted on Feb, 27 2004 @ 01:53 PM
link   

THAT IS BULL#!!!!!

Why?

They were talking about this on TV the other day and what they said made sense.

They said he was probibly a dark skined male about 5'3" and about 110 pounds.

Why?

Because that was the avarage man in that area at that time.

One thing I seriously doubt is that he was a blonde haired blue eyed white guy.

FIRST OF ALL ITS WOULD SAY IN THE BIBLE. THEY HAVE A DESCRIPTION OF JESUS IN THE BIBLE

posted on Feb, 27 2004 @ 01:56 PM
link   

FIRST OF ALL ITS WOULD SAY IN THE BIBLE. THEY HAVE A DESCRIPTION OF JESUS IN THE BIBLE

OK what did he look like?

posted on Feb, 27 2004 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by AD5673

THAT IS BULL#!!!!!

Why?

They were talking about this on TV the other day and what they said made sense.

They said he was probibly a dark skined male about 5'3" and about 110 pounds.

Why?

Because that was the avarage man in that area at that time.

One thing I seriously doubt is that he was a blonde haired blue eyed white guy.

And they described him as black. Its true. Just accept it.

posted on Feb, 27 2004 @ 02:03 PM
link   
How about I change it then my brother...

[Edited on 27-2-2004 by ZeddicusZulZorander]

posted on Feb, 27 2004 @ 02:04 PM
link   
That is soo not a cool pic.

posted on Feb, 27 2004 @ 02:06 PM
link   
I seriously doubt he was blonde. Middle-eastern sounds about right, but I still don't see how it matters to you religious people. The only ones who should care are the researchers looking for historical fact. I'm not so sure most religions are fact.

posted on Feb, 27 2004 @ 02:09 PM
link   
I believe this picture more than any other I've ever seen.

I think it captures what jesus really was.

posted on Feb, 27 2004 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by joehayner
I seriously doubt he was blonde. Middle-eastern sounds about right, but I still don't see how it matters to you religious people. The only ones who should care are the researchers looking for historical fact. I'm not so sure most religions are fact.

Look, how many times do I have to trell yu to read the threads. The reason why it matters is in there. They are based on non-acceptance of the real christ, could the message be "tainted" along with the image, etc.

Not to wonder about this is to be intellectually lazy--which appears to be rampant here.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join