It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What did jesus look like??

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2004 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Well not AFRICAN Black, so the skin tone is dark, but facial features wouldn't be African, correct?

posted on Feb, 27 2004 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Q: (L) What did Jesus look like? How tall was he?
A: 5'9"
Q: (L) What color eyes did he have?
A: Blue.
Q: (L) What color hair did he have?
A: Strawberry blond.
Q: (L) What was his skin tone?
A: Fair.
Q: (L) What was his weight?
A: 160.
Q: (L) Was he muscular?
A: Average.
Q: (L) Was he what we would consider handsome?
A: Open.
Q: (L) Is there anybody I or F*** would know who bears a resemblance to him in facial features?
A: Maybe.
Q: (L) Could you name someone?
A: Scanning....
Q: (L) Okay what was his occupation?
A: Carpenter.
Q: (L) Did he own his own home?
A: No.
====================================

But this is no different from the Bible in the sense that, we have no way to verify this. Still interesting...

posted on Feb, 27 2004 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by lilblam
Well not AFRICAN Black, so the skin tone is dark, but facial features wouldn't be African, correct?

No. Just admit it, ok. ANd he was NEVER BLOND. What the hellis that crap.

posted on Feb, 27 2004 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Colonel

No. Just admit it, ok. ANd he was NEVER BLOND. What the hellis that crap.

Wait wait... so you're saying his facial features looked AFRICAN? I mean, there are middle-eastern facial features with very dark skin also...

And that "crap" is Cassiopaean info, take it with a grain of salt, as you *should* with all things, but do not.

posted on Feb, 27 2004 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by ShiftTrio
a moderate yellowish brown

Lol we know you know what moderate means don't ya lol sound to me they are describing what a modern Palestinian looks like.. Go look at Roman Armor that's bronze, if your gonna make colors up and anything close to tan is a black man then since I tan very well in the summer , guess I am to, because I get that nice bronze color. LOL dude you logic kills me. Your such a racist and you think your righteous lol.. And you have the ball to quote the bible and say everyone else is racist.

In my neck of the woods thats called Playa hatin..

Oh, this is just a bunch of crap! I get Webster's dictionary for the definition and this guy wants to make stuff up! Palestinaeans are not yellow nor do they have wooly hair! Why is it SO HARD to say Jesus was black for you? Why is that so hard????? WHAT'S THE PROBLEM. FACE THE PROBLEM!

Dude I am telling you scientific fact, of peoples skulls they have had from that time period. Bronze is not black, and yes Palestinian do have a yellow brown color, I will tell who doesnt, people from africa. Also Websters says Moderate, that mean not so brown not so yellow in the middle , which IS what a Palestinians looks like or arabic etc.

The problem I have is not With Jesus being black its with they racism you are vomiting on people and then saying facts like what the color bronze is (which is now killing me because your so blinded by color you dont know what bronze looks like) . If jesus was Purple I would love him just the same. I am just sick of racists such as yourself. If you gonna pick aprt my quotes what about the one that your a racist and that jesus would not like your action very much. I have dealt with racism all my life, being the only white kid the projects I am on a mission to disprove and debunk all racists comments.

An ANY TIME you wanna Battle about Racism you let me know because I will tear up any racist such as yourself.

BUt as jesus would want, I still love ya brother, just trying to get you to see that racism is bad. And you promote it.

posted on Feb, 27 2004 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by DaTruth

If you have REAL BALLS, you wouldn't say anything about color and people would be referred to by there names and actions.

Your right and since "Jesus" wasn't his name what should we refer to him as. His title the christ. That's like calling some one the pope and him of ever being remembered as the pope. Evn though there was more than one person that called themsleves the pope

I m pretty sure his name was jesus but not written like that. it was written diffrent in hebrew and didnt actual translate to jesus but wasnt christ. I do not know for sure I am more asking than telling here. ANy one else know about this, because your right, would call him by his real name if knew correctly then.

posted on Feb, 27 2004 @ 11:57 AM
link   

a moderate yellowish brown

Lol we know you know what moderate means don't ya lol sound to me they are describing what a modern Palestinian looks like.. Go look at Roman Armor that's bronze, if your gonna make colors up and anything close to tan is a black man then since I tan very well in the summer , guess I am to, because I get that nice bronze color. LOL dude you logic kills me. Your such a racist and you think your righteous lol.. And you have the ball to quote the bible and say everyone else is racist.

In my neck of the woods thats called Playa hatin..

Oh, this is just a bunch of crap! I get Webster's dictionary for the definition and this guy wants to make stuff up! Palestinaeans are not yellow nor do they have wooly hair! Why is it SO HARD to say Jesus was black for you? Why is that so hard????? WHAT'S THE PROBLEM. FACE THE PROBLEM!

Dude I am telling you scientific fact, of peoples skulls they have had from that time period. Bronze is not black, and yes Palestinian do have a yellow brown color, I will tell who doesnt, people from africa. Also Websters says Moderate, that mean not so brown not so yellow in the middle , which IS what a Palestinians looks like or arabic etc.

The problem I have is not With Jesus being black its with they racism you are vomiting on people and then saying facts like what the color bronze is (which is now killing me because your so blinded by color you dont know what bronze looks like) . If jesus was Purple I would love him just the same. I am just sick of racists such as yourself. If you gonna pick aprt my quotes what about the one that your a racist and that jesus would not like your action very much. I have dealt with racism all my life, being the only white kid the projects I am on a mission to disprove and debunk all racists comments.

An ANY TIME you wanna Battle about Racism you let me know because I will tear up any racist such as yourself.

BUt as jesus would want, I still love ya brother, just trying to get you to see that racism is bad. And you promote it.

You done? I mean, are you quite done?

So, its racism to say Jesus was black. This is amazing! Am I living in Hell? Black people don't have bronze and brass like complexions? They don't have wooly hair? Am I in trhe Twilight Zone?????

You're not soick of racists. You're sick of people like me pointing out you're racist self. Just admit it.

Why is it so hard to say Jesus was a blackman. Please just tell me.

posted on Feb, 27 2004 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Listen to someone learned....

'My question is much simpler: Why would Mel Gibson make a movie about people in the ancient Middle East and cast it with so many white people? To look at the central actors in this film, you'd think Jesus did his work near Manchester, New Hampshire instead of the Holy Land. The answer to that question lies within the United States, the prime market for this film. There are millions of Christians in America, some 25% of whom would characterize themselves as evangelical. It stands to reason that this film would do very well here, especially given the controversy that has surrounded the content.

The whiteness of the cast, however, speaks to a decidedly un-Christian truth that lies near the heart of this republic. Simply put, nailing a white Jesus Christ to the cross on film will generate a far more emotional response from the American viewing public than the crucifixion of a savior who actually looks like he is from the Middle East.

First, let's dispense with the idea that the white people who were cast to play the most emotive characters - Jesus, Judas, and Mary Magdalene - have anything to do with historical accuracy. In truth, the region where Jesus was born was, and remains, populated by brown-skinned people. The fact of Christ's non-whiteness is borne out in the historical record, and in biblical scripture. Right off the bat, the Book of Matthew describes Mary and Joseph fleeing to Egypt to escape the wrath of Herod. Egypt is in Africa, and is populated by brown-skinned people. For my money, this would be the last place on earth I would go to hide a white baby from an angry King."

The earliest renditions of Jesus, painted by the first Christians called Essenes in the catacombs of Rome, depict a person with brown skin. During the time of Roman Emperor Justinian II, a gold coin featuring an image of Jesus was minted. This coin, which today can be seen in the British Museum, depicts a man with demonstrably non-white features and tightly curled hair. Finally, there is the Book of Revelations, which bears out the crafting of the Essenes and the Roman coin-makers by describing Jesus as having hair like wool, feet the color of burnt brass, and who resembled jasper and sardine stones. Jasper and sardine stones are both brown, as is burnt brass.

www.truthout.org...

What? What? Yeah, I didn't think you'd say anything.

[Edited on 27-2-2004 by Colonel]

posted on Feb, 27 2004 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Or Jesus could have blue eyes, and blond hair, and be relatively white. In fact, Jesus may not even have existed...

posted on Feb, 27 2004 @ 12:58 PM
link   
He was pale white, with fiery red hair and blue eyes. *eg @ colonel*

Man I think he looked middle eastern, because you know those statues that were found from ancient sumeria, they didn't really look black to me, but they really didn't look white, crazy persian-arab looking, imo.

I am always open to the possibility he had green flesh tones. I mean if you are a Christian, and you believe he died for your sins, what does his physical features matter? A true follower would be albe to know christ in any form he could take.

posted on Feb, 27 2004 @ 01:00 PM
link   
The reasonwhy this question is important?

It is a safe bet that, had Gibson chosen a brown-skinned actor to portray Jesus, his film would not find a connection in this country. Millions of Americans try to live by the teachings of Jesus, and do so with success, but find themselves at odds with those who carry the banner of Christianity. This is a travesty.

Too many so-called Christians are blind to history, blind to the actions of our nation, blind to the hypocrisy of our so-called leaders, and the world bleeds because of it. Too many so-called Christians are people who would slaughter the savior to protect their power and position. Were Jesus alive today, he would probably nail himself to the cross to get away from all these people who act like barbarians in His name.

posted on Feb, 27 2004 @ 01:03 PM
link   
This is an interesting bit I found.

"Biblical lore: Soon after Jesus was born, Herod is believed to have sent his soldiers to seek and kill
him as an infant. To hide the Christ child, we are told his family fled with him to Egypt but pre-Arab
Egypt was a society of dark-skinned Africans (as evidenced in their own hieroglyphs) and it would be
folly to try hiding an Aryan baby there of all places. The land was referred to as Kemet (the Black land),
for thousands of years, and themselves as "Kemetcu" (the black humans). The "father" of modern
history, Herodotus, himself acknowledged as much when he said "the Egyptians, Colchians and
Ethiopians have thick lips, broad nose, wooly hair and are of burnt skin." Elsewhere, he actually referred
to them as "black�."

posted on Feb, 27 2004 @ 01:04 PM
link   
The real name of Jesus is: Jesinavarah. That was what he was actually known as.

posted on Feb, 27 2004 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Last time Bro, You care what his color is I dont, Black people dont have bronze skin, people in there area were arabic , brown and if you know what wool looks likes it furry and larger curls, not shorter with short curls.

Just because you think things are one way doesnt mean they are. I am going by scientific proof of the people in that area. you are going by YOUR interpretation of a document.

You are a racist. YOu care about people color, YOur living a lie. A huge Lie if you think your not a racist.

Was jesus White NOOOOOQOOOOOO get it nOOOOOO. But you are just as bad as the people who say he is white. Go with science its much more likely to be right.

You are a racist everyone here thinks you are.

YOu care about color you are a racist, get over it live with or change your ways, you are sounding more and more like and idiot everytime you type.

Oh go get a crayon and check out what bronze looks like please, you #ing color blind fool.

Im done with this idiot

posted on Feb, 27 2004 @ 01:05 PM
link   
100% agree man, I know exactly what you mean. I know so many people just like what you described, it's unreal.

[Edited on 27-2-2004 by Lysergic]

posted on Feb, 27 2004 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Thats all fine and good but it doesnt put to rest the idea that he may not be white. And dont try to say he was "fair" thats extremely vague.

PS. I had thought this was a copy cat thread until I saw McGotti was the author, keep trucking for the black jesus.

posted on Feb, 27 2004 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agent47

Thats all fine and good but it doesnt put to rest the idea that he may not be white. And dont try to say he was "fair" thats extremely vague.

PS. I had thought this was a copy cat thread until I saw McGotti was the author, keep trucking for the black jesus.

I dunno what fair is.. I didn't say that! I'm puzzled myself here...

However, how many black people have blue eyes and strawberry blond hair? How many Jews are black?

posted on Feb, 27 2004 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Well for sure he wasnt white or oreintal, he was deffently a dark skined person, the only question is the degree of darkness, which I would guess would tend to the darker rather than the lighter, if for no other reason than a carpenter works outside so would tend to be darker than the color of those around him. And as Krazy jethro mentioned they were trying to hide him in egypt which was even darker than the area they were from. IMO I would have to say probibly arabic with a fairly good chance of being black.

But I would still bet on Arabic.

posted on Feb, 27 2004 @ 01:27 PM
link   
IS this the description where he says bronze and wool?

Revelation 1:13-16

12 I turned around to see the voice that was speaking to me. And when I turned I saw seven golden lampstands, 13 and among the lampstands was someone "like a son of man," dressed in a robe reaching down to his feet and with a golden sash around his chest.

14 His head and hair were white like wool, as white as snow,

and his eyes were like blazing fire.

15 His feet were like bronze glowing in a furnace,

Lets see what else we can find

posted on Feb, 27 2004 @ 01:29 PM
link   
I agree, he was probably Arabic. Greek or Italian looking at best. Possibly black.

I don't begrudge the Europeans, they painted what they knew, and people always associate with something like themselves. That is the true point (i think), to make him associatable (not sure if that's a word, but it's what I mean)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join