It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What did jesus look like??

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2004 @ 02:39 PM
link   
I have backed them up, McGotti has backed them up, and DaTruth has backed them up. You refuse to accrpt it tho and prefer to trust rhetoric.

posted on Mar, 4 2004 @ 02:43 PM
link   
rhetoric?

Puh-Leez.

It is a perfectly acceptable argument. I can now see that I am debating with a zealot.

posted on Mar, 4 2004 @ 03:05 PM
link   
A zealot? Oh I suppose that we just need to just blindly follow what everyone tells us and not think for ourselves. Or jsut MAKE STUFF UP so we can fit it into our own little fantasy of life.

posted on Mar, 4 2004 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Colonel
A zealot? Oh I suppose that we just need to just blindly follow what everyone tells us and not think for ourselves. Or jsut MAKE STUFF UP so we can fit it into our own little fantasy of life.

Isn't what you're doing blindly following? Are you not blindly following the bible? You don't know for sure where it will lead you, only where it says it will. You cannot use scripture or the bible as fact because there is no possible way to prove that it is true. It all boils down to faith. You can't argue against faith because it's blind obedience. Blind non-questioning obedience, like a slave. I will not be anyones slave.

posted on Mar, 4 2004 @ 03:15 PM
link   

HELLO!? are you #ing dumb! you just described yourself!

posted on Mar, 4 2004 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by joehayner
Isn't what you're doing blindly following? Are you not blindly following the bible? You don't know for sure where it will lead you, only where it says it will. You cannot use scripture or the bible as fact because there is no possible way to prove that it is true. It all boils down to faith. You can't argue against faith because it's blind obedience. Blind non-questioning obedience, like a slave. I will not be anyones slave.

You go ahead you heathen. You heretic! We will find out in the end who's right and I think you'll be left holding the bag.

posted on Mar, 4 2004 @ 03:24 PM
link   

You go ahead you heathen. You heretic! We will find out in the end who's right and I think you'll be left holding the bag.

Heh, you called me a heathen. A heretic. I really couldn't care less. You're the one who's making assumptions about what you do not know. Listend to KI. You just described yourself.

posted on Mar, 4 2004 @ 03:25 PM
link   
And you make assumptions about what you don't know. And you're willing ot gamble your enternal soul for it. The Bible's prophecies have already come true.

posted on Mar, 4 2004 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Zealot?? Your damn right I think you are a zealot. You have contradicted yourself. You yourself said you are following a literal translation. That means you are not thinking....you are following the printed word blindly. As I said, God gave you a brain. Use it.

tssk tssk

posted on Mar, 4 2004 @ 03:32 PM
link   
The prophecies have already come true?? Name some. Back up the big talk.

Wasn't Jesus supposed to return a few years ago? If so, he is a little late.

posted on Mar, 4 2004 @ 03:33 PM
link   
You know....I find this all quite entertaining, but I am in just to placid of a mood today to argue. I must be coming down with something.

Just wanted you to know that I still love you all and will come back with a bat some other day.

posted on Mar, 4 2004 @ 03:34 PM
link   
1 Corinthians 3
18Do not deceive yourselves. If any one of you thinks he is wise by the standards of this age, he should become a "fool" so that he may become wise. 19For the wisdom of this world is foolishness in God's sight. As it is written: "He catches the wise in their craftiness"[1] ; 20and again, "The Lord knows that the thoughts of the wise are futile."[2]

How ya like that, smart guy.

posted on Mar, 4 2004 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Facefirst
The prophecies have already come true?? Name some. Back up the big talk.

Wasn't Jesus supposed to return a few years ago? If so, he is a little late.

The establishment of Israel; the slave trade to the Americas, MLK.

posted on Mar, 4 2004 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Only a self-righteous zealot would claim that his interpretation of the wrtten word is the one and only way.

Where is MLK mentioned in the bible? Unless it names him, I might go as so far to guess that you are interpeting something to fit your beliefs.
You are really stretching things.

As I said, prove it. Back it up.

[Edited on 4-3-2004 by Facefirst]

posted on Mar, 4 2004 @ 03:45 PM
link   
From the prophet Jeremiah:
25 I have heard what the prophets said, that prophesy lies in my name, saying, I have dreamed, I have dreamed.

Who else is known for the "I have a dream " speech?

posted on Mar, 4 2004 @ 03:46 PM
link   
That my friend, is your own interpretation.

debate over, you lose.

posted on Mar, 4 2004 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Ya know, I obviously am not in my A-Game today because I would have insulted you a long time ago like you need to be.

Debate not over--just a break.

posted on Mar, 4 2004 @ 03:56 PM
link   
It's irrelevent. That's just he kind of thing he
would'nt want us wasting our time debating about.
:shk:

wobh.home.mindspring.com...

posted on Mar, 4 2004 @ 04:17 PM
link   
"Insult me like I need to be?" Isn't that cute....!

Even though you have lost and made yourself look bad+ignorant on numerous occasions, you still persist. The marking of a true zealot.
I do however, admire your faith.

After lambasting the rest of us for not lterally interpreting the bible and making up our own stuff, you interpreted the Jerimiah passage to fit your own beliefs. It says nothing about MLK. You inserted the rest of the info and Voila!!!! Your OWN interpretation has been born. Therefore, you have contradicted 99% of what you have been contributing to this thread.

A massive contradiction on your part!!!!

Debate over: you lose, I win.

Final Score:
Zealot O/ Facefirst 1

posted on Mar, 4 2004 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Facefirst
"Insult me like I need to be?" Isn't that cute....!

Even though you have lost and made yourself look bad+ignorant on numerous occasions, you still persist. The marking of a true zealot.
I do however, admire your faith.

After lambasting the rest of us for not lterally interpreting the bible and making up our own stuff, you interpreted the Jerimiah passage to fit your own beliefs. It says nothing about MLK. You inserted the rest of the info and Voila!!!! Your OWN interpretation has been born. Therefore, you have contradicted 99% of what you have been contributing to this thread.

A massive contradiction on your part!!!!

Debate over: you lose, I win.

Final Score:
Zealot O/ Facefirst 1

I have lost nothing. My head is simply not in the game to deal with your insipid comments. But, I will correct you forthwith when I am ready.

But, I leqve you on this note.....Do you know anyone ELSE that has said "I have a dream. I have a dream?"

I did't think so. So, just shut the hell up.

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join