It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Earth Is Flat, Proof In Model - [FARCE]

page: 37
<< 34  35  36    38  39  40 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2008 @ 02:46 AM
link   
Certainly. Much like a hollow earth theory where (insert paranormal entity here) comes and goes at the north or south pole. Here the south pole is simply the edge of the disc. That is why the BBC was refused right of passage to the south pole when investigating hollow earth.

posted on Apr, 26 2008 @ 07:14 AM
link   
I mis-spoke earlier. During an eclipse, solar or lunar, partial or full, you cannot see both the sun and the moon in the sky at the same time. Need more coffee.

posted on Apr, 26 2008 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by _Del_
It is the earth accelerating upward towards the object at 9.8m/s^2. There is no newtonian force attracting the two objects of mass. We have already established, firmly, that "gravity" does not exist according to Einstein. I'm not just making up that gravity doesn't exist.

[edit on 25-4-2008 by _Del_]

Jeez Del you really just make up stuff as you go along don't you. In 1919 an expedition used an eclipse to mask the solar brightness and observe the phenomenon of gravity bending light. As Einstein had predicted, the Sun's gravity pulled nearby stars into slightly different positions compared to where those stars are seen at other times of the year when the Sun is far away from them.

You see these models actually work whereas the Flat Earth models you are trying so desperately to reason fall over. That is the whole piont of models. You create one and test it. If the models predictions don't hold true then you refine it and test it again until it works or you give up. Which is what I suggest you do.

posted on Apr, 26 2008 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Frogga
Jeez Del you really just make up stuff as you go along don't you.

What _Del_ means, I think, is that gravity does not exist as an applied external force. Einstein's elevator experiment shows that "rest" in a gravitational field and constant acceleration are indistinguishable in any frame of reference.

When you toss a ball into the air and let it fall to the ground, the forces at work are you're acceleration of the ball when you release it and the acceleration of the ball when it hits the ground.

While in free-fall, the ball is in an inertial state of rest. This means that gravity is not a "force" as we usually understand forces.

posted on Apr, 26 2008 @ 11:39 AM
link   
I think it cant be. Cause of:

1. Eratosthenes. I would say what he did with some sticks & shadows is proof against your theory. Have a look: Here

2. My friend in Japan. She sleeps when i am awake. Many hours time-delay. Sphere.

3. Earthquakes. Earth rings like a bell every time. Must be 3D. See: Here

4. And so on. And so on...

Greetings from Europe

Abeam

posted on Apr, 26 2008 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Tuning Spork

Selenehelion my friend. Both sun and moon are visible in the sky.

Seems a blow to round earth.

posted on Apr, 26 2008 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Frogga

Geodesics effected light. "Gravity" was not there, though you may have noticed gravitation. Please refer to "fictitious force"

posted on Apr, 26 2008 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Abeam
1. Eratosthenes. I would say what he did with some sticks & shadows is proof against your theory. Have a look:
2. My friend in Japan. She sleeps when i am awake. Many hours time-delay. Sphere.
3. Earthquakes. Earth rings like a bell every time. Must be 3D. See: 4. And so on. And so on...

Greetings from Europe

1.Eratosthenes proved the sun was roughly 3000 miles away. The experiment only "works" in the sense that the suns light is assumed to be parallel and the earth is assumed to be round. One can easily use the same data to "prove" a closer, smaller sun as I did earlier in the thread.
2. There is night and day on flat earth as well.
3. Flat does not infer 2D. The top of a cylinder is flat; noone would mistake a cylinder for 2D.

Greetings to Europe - it's nice to see such a diverse community.

posted on Apr, 26 2008 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by _Del_

Aah, you are correct. However:

A selenelion or selenehelion is a type of lunar eclipse when both the sun and the eclipsed moon can be observed at the same time. This particular arrangement has led to the phenomenon being referred to as a horizontal eclipse. It can only be observed just prior to sunset or just after sunrise. This last occurred on May 16, 2003 over Europe.

This is because the Earth is a sphere. So I guess I was right the first time.
Still need more coffee.

www.aip.org...

[edit on 26-4-2008 by Tuning Spork]

posted on Apr, 26 2008 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by _Del_

These are just more of your meaninless responses. Geodesics of the light rays were affected by the intense gravity of the sun by the result that they were bent.

I have no idea how old you are but my son whose 5 has a better understanding of astrophysics than you do.

Using models and methods from an ancient greek to determine that the sun is 32 miles wide and 3200 miles away is ridiculus.

For the record:

* The relative positions of stars do change as we orbit the sun but because of the vast distances that these objects are away from us the results are infintesimal when we view them.

* Gravity from the sun and the moon create tides. When they are both in allignment twice a month (full moon & new moon) tides are at their greatest. At the half moon periods the water is "pulled" by gravity (a non ficticious force" at right angle to that of the sun and so spreads the water out over a larger are decreasing the tidal range during that period.

*Gravity does exist it is one of the 4 fundamental forces of the universe. Even in space where we say it is zero-g, gravity is still at work. An orbiting space craft or one that is not being accelerated (or deselerated) is like the lift example above.

* Gravity is causing a collision to occur in 5 billion years between us in the Milky Way and our neigboring galaxy.

*After 4 billion years of acceleration at 9.8ms^-2 the disk of the flat Earth would be moving at 2.6*10^26 times the speed of light. You would probably want to use Einstien then to say that can happen and forget that mass becomes heavier as one approaches light speed. Or do you dispute the age of the Earth as well?

* During a lunar eclipse it would be impossible to see both the sun and the moon except maybe in the polar regions but I'm not sure

* Finally, this matter of the Flat Earth was put to bed 500 years ago. Let it go. Read a book. There maybe conspiracy theories out there with regards to parallel universes and string theory but definitely not the shape of the Earth nor the Fact that gravity exists.

Its 3:35 am I'm going to bed.

posted on Apr, 26 2008 @ 01:12 PM
link   
This is something to ponder. Maybe the world is not flat, round or anything we can see. It could all be an illusion.

posted on Apr, 26 2008 @ 01:15 PM
link   

reply to post by BlasteR

You don't find it odd that you can see the sun and moon at the same time?

We have a moon that orbits the earth and we have an earth that orbits the sun. The whole time the moon also orbits the sun as it orbits earth. Occasionally this causes the moon to be visible during the daytime at the same time as the sun. How is that irregular?

Due to the apollo moon landings (if you believe in those) we can accurately measure, with a laser, the distance between the moon and the earth. We know how far away it is at all times and in actuality the moon's orbit is receding from earth slowly but steadily.

The fact that the same reflective experiment was even set up on the moon is one piece of proof that we were actually there. More information on the lunar laser ranging:
en.wikipedia.org...

-ChriS

posted on Apr, 26 2008 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by _Del_

Nope. What he did was to estimate how large the Earth was. With his sticks and the different lengths of the shadows. And this could only work out with an round world.

Del, how could there be night and day if the world is flat? I wonder how that could be.
Really.

But anyway, you cant proof the reality of reality. So i guess everything is possible. And not, too.

posted on Apr, 26 2008 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Solarskye
This is something to ponder. Maybe the world is not flat, round or anything we can see. It could all be an illusion.

You could go farther and say that why isn't everything we ever experience in life an illusion? The truth of the matter is that, at least in some ways, it is. Everything we ever see in our entire lives is not real. Vision itself is electrical impulses which make reflected light discernible by our brains so that we can interact with our environment. Nothing we will ever see will ever be an actual solid object or an actual texture or whatever. It is all reflected light.

Considering this, it is possible to hypothesize that in at least some ways the natural world may be playing tricks with our minds by showing us things that aren't really there. What I mean by this is, for example, some types of paranormal activity are manifested by actual human minds. Some call it poltergeist activity, some call it other things, but the point is that somehow negative human emotions and distress can actually enhance paranormal activity. We also have cases where people have witnessed full-body apparitions, taken photos of it, and then later on there is
1-nothing in the photos.. or
2-it is just a mist

These objects/people that were seen were apparently not even physically there. There is probably an energy there which is causing human minds to visually see something there. It is one hypothesis as to why this occurs.

The main point I'm making is that our reliance on electrical impulses for sight also make us susceptible to deception by those same electrical impulses (from an intelligent source or not). It is well documented that humans are extremely electro-magnetically sensitive. Long term xposure to high EMF can cause things like paranoia, delusions, feeling of being watched, fatigue, and other things. High EMF is not natural.

Don't mean to turn the topic to paranormal phenomenon but it is a great example here.

-ChriS

posted on Apr, 26 2008 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tuning Spork

A selenelion or selenehelion is a type of lunar eclipse when both the sun and the eclipsed moon can be observed at the same time. This particular arrangement has led to the phenomenon being referred to as a horizontal eclipse. It can only be observed just prior to sunset or just after sunrise. This last occurred on May 16, 2003 over Europe.

Can you please reproduce this effect with the beachball and flashlight? This seems quite impossible to me.

posted on Apr, 26 2008 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by BlasteR

Without completely derailing the discussion, I'd say that M-theory seems to offer good explanations for possible paranormal activity.

posted on Apr, 26 2008 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by BlasteR

It's certainly not odd that you can see the sun and moon at the same time. The question was posed in the context of lunar eclipses. You can have a lunar eclipse and see the sun and moon at the same time. This seems to invalidate the accepted explanation for eclipses.

[edit on 26-4-2008 by _Del_]

posted on Apr, 26 2008 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Abeam

Eratosthenes was actually basing his measurements on the belief that the sun's light was hitting the earth in paralell rays. As the sun is (or even may be) actually smaller (and/or closer) than the earth this is not (or not neccesarily) the case. Eratosthenes was actually measuring the angle of the sun's rays which helps to determine the position of the sun above the earth. You see the size and distance from the earth are not arbitrary in FET.
You cannot assume that the suns rays are parrallel and the curved earth as the basis of your argument for round earth. I used the same Eratosthenes experiment to show how far away the sun was in this thread.

On the march equinox the sun is directly overhead when viewed from the equator. (90deg or perpendicular to the earth). If you viewing from 45lat to the north at the same time, the sun is at 45degrees to the horizon(or the perpindicular). The same 45 degree angle is viewed from south at 45lat. On a flat earth the result is a two right triangles with equidistant legs. The distance between two points at 45lat N and 45lat S (assuming they are along the same longitude) is approximately 3000 miles. That is how we know the sun is approximately 3000 miles away from the earth. Feel free to diagram if it helps you understand the point.

The sun being much smaller and closer to the earth is one reason you have night and day on a flat earth as it rotates around the pole.

[edit on 26-4-2008 by _Del_]

posted on Apr, 26 2008 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Can you please reproduce this effect with the beachball and flashlight? This seems quite impossible to me.

posted on Apr, 26 2008 @ 03:11 PM
link   
I think the sun in your example is lower than your horizon. Unless you are floating high above the earth in your ufo structure (or eye).

top topics

<< 34  35  36    38  39  40 >>

join