It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Earth Is Flat, Proof In Model - [FARCE]

page: 40
<< 37  38  39    41  42  43 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2008 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Are you kidding me. wow someone needs to go back to school. this is dumb. you would know that if the world was flat then the people who sail the world wouldnt be able to sail the world because they would fall off the edge. plus our climate would probably be messed up. i cant believe someone thinks the world is flat.

posted on Apr, 28 2008 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by VisionQuest

I really doubt I could walk that long. I'm not in as good of shape as I used to be. Nevermind that I can't walk on water (yet?)...
IF one could do accomplish walking in a straight line for 30,000 miles and see the same thing twice, that would be evidence of a round earth. But it is non-demonstrable.

posted on Apr, 28 2008 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by philjwolf

Wouldn't the cylinder model I provided be simpler? I'm not saying it's not a cube, it might be. I'm just curious...

posted on Apr, 28 2008 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by anti us gov

It is entirely possible to circumnavigate the surface of the world without it being a sphere. Thank you for your contribution.

posted on Apr, 28 2008 @ 03:32 PM
link   
What the diffrence between a "globe" and a "sphere"? And if they are the same, then why can the sun be "round" and not the earth?

posted on Apr, 28 2008 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Why is this thread on Above Top Secret??? Shouldn't the mods move it to BTS!!?? or put in the trash bin? Even 1st graders knows that the world is flat.

posted on Apr, 28 2008 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by anti us gov
Why is this thread on Above Top Secret??? Shouldn't the mods move it to BTS!!?? or put in the trash bin? Even 1st graders knows that the world is flat.

Quoted for emphasis.

Even a 1st grader can see the world is flat.

posted on Apr, 28 2008 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Raistlyyn

The sun is round. Other "planets" are round. Galaxies are discs. The earth is a disc. To say all must be the same is nonsense.
The platypus is a mammal. It lays eggs. All mammals lay eggs.

[edit on 28-4-2008 by _Del_]

posted on Apr, 28 2008 @ 03:57 PM
link   
So let me get this straight, the sun is round, and all other planets are round, but yet some how the earth managed to magically form into a disc....with a giant ice wall, that no one has "been" to?

I think you and LO are honestly pulling this stuff out your arse's just to keep this thread going for as long as possible for your own amusement.

posted on Apr, 28 2008 @ 03:59 PM
link   
MODS can you place this dumb waste of time thread somewhere else. so other more important and more intelligent threads can be made and not waste space on your severs.

posted on Apr, 28 2008 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Oh, and all mammals do lay eggs! Everyone one knows that!

posted on Apr, 28 2008 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Raistlyyn
So let me get this straight, the sun is round, and all other planets are round, but yet some how the earth managed to magically form into a disc....with a giant ice wall, that no one has "been" to?

Let me get this straight. Most galaxies are ellipitical (discs, if you will) but somehow the sun is round? You're right. That makes no sense... I'm sure a couple of people have seen the ice wall. They DID kill Rodney Marks after all. And Cook, Clerke, and a few others... How many people visit deep into "Antarctica"? Not many...

posted on Apr, 28 2008 @ 04:13 PM
link   

You know what I meant
Ok. The platypus is venomous. All mammals are venomous.

posted on Apr, 28 2008 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Acually there are a few people in antartica

Western Antarctic Ice Sheet (WAIS) Divide Camp (West Antarctica)
Glaciology, including ice-core sampling, radar surveys, and installation of a magnetometer; automatic weather stations; GPS monitoring of bedrock motion.

Taylor Dome (West Antarctica)
Initial base camp for the International Transantarctic Scientific Expedition (ITASE) Traverse. During the traverse to the Beardmore Glacier Basin, they will collect ice cores and perform radar and GPS surveys every 100 kilometers.

Small Field Camps
Camps at Beardmore Glacier (Transantarctic Mountains), Fosdick Mountains, and Patriot Hills.

Other Camps
Numerous camps in the McMurdo Dry Valleys, on sea ice, and on Ross Island.

No reports of giant ice walls yet.

posted on Apr, 28 2008 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Of course not. They aren't disinterested observers. And they haven't travelled far enough outward. I've already shown pictures of the lesser wall; why can't there be another?

posted on Apr, 28 2008 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by logician magician

Originally posted by Abeam
reply to post by logician magician

Hey, why so rude. I wrote i see no proof cause Del wrote "proof in model". And i dont see any proof in a model or in his explanations. I never wrote i had proof. Thats that.

Why so rude?

Probably because you can't even wrap your head around who wrote "proof in model." I mean, if you are so confused as to started the thread, then I don't know what to say to you.

I'll grant that _Del_ is the figurehead in this thread and has been the literal backbone, but you just show the lack of comprehension in perception among the normal population.

If you can't figure out something that simple, how can _Del_ or I expect you to figure or comprehend theoretical phyiscs or that the Earth may be flat?

And why are you calling us morons? Why this highly emotional response.

I never called anyone morons. I used a comparative simile - it's up to you if you take offense to it.

If a give you a gift and you no not accept it, to whom does it belong?

In fact maybe there is logical proof. But then again it would depend on what you call proof. Ones proof is anothers laughter.

I agree. It is pretty laughable that one believes that they could walk on a sphere withought rolling off the sides.

I am thinking right now of an very simple experiment which could proof it. But then again i am no scientist and are not sure if it would work. And i guess it would take lasers or surveying laser instruments. And i clearly dont have them.

Translation: I'm typing for no reason.

No. Translation: I had to think about it and make some drawings. But all you can do is insult me. I realy dont like your way of arguing. I sense a lot of anger.

[edit on 28-4-2008 by Abeam]

posted on Apr, 28 2008 @ 05:34 PM
link   
[FARCE] Oh man, now i understand!

Maybe it took me so long cause im not an native english guy.
But funny though how much arguing was going on here.

Lucky me i didnt start the laser thingy drawing

Have a nice one.

Im out

posted on Apr, 28 2008 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Like i said, Del and LO are doing it for there own amusement.

Oh by the way del can you prove to me thata Platypus (Ornithorhynchus anatinus) does in fact lay eggs.

posted on Apr, 28 2008 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Not by direct observation if that is where we are headed. I once tried to take pictures but was hit by a venomous ankle spur of the mother before I could get close enough to the eggs.

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by _Del_
reply to post by ANTHONY33

This has already been posed as a question, and I believe the moderators have the power to reveal this. I'm terribly sorry my posting here has drawn your ire.

I suggest a nap, a snack to increase blood sugar or a hug.

And to be clear: No. I do not know the OP other than from his posts, and do not communicate with him in any other media other than this thread.

[edit on 27-4-2008 by _Del_]

Well then why did you reply to a question I posed to OP???????????????????
FRAUD

For every one the evidence is on page 39 post 4 onwards
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
posted on 27-4-2008 @ 08:52 PM TO:OP
Ok logician(delusional) magician show us some photos of the edge of the earth and what is on the other side of it.

So you are saying if I go east long enough I will hit the Antarctic and eventually the edge of the world?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
posted on 27-4-2008 @ 08:54 PM single this post "quote"REPLY TO:

reply to post by ANTHONY33

I only have photos of the Lesser Ice Wall. No pictures exist to in the public domain of the larger.
Noone knows what's on the other side. Certainly not anyone alive, at anyrate.
And no; if you went East, you'd go in a big circle.

[edit on 27-4-2008 by _Del_]

[edit on 29-4-2008 by ANTHONY33]

[edit on 29-4-2008 by ANTHONY33]

top topics

<< 37  38  39    41  42  43 >>

join