It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Earth Is Flat, Proof In Model - [FARCE]

page: 38
<< 35  36  37    39  40  41 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2008 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by _Del_

Hey Del

Have to think about the first two arguments. Not enough time now. Especialy not for the second one.

But what i wanted to say about day & night is this:

Sure i can imagine that the small sun would travel around the flat earth. If there is one, sure. That makes night and day. Sure. >>But not at the same time in Austria/Europe and Tokyo/Japan

posted on Apr, 26 2008 @ 03:28 PM
link   
While not a perfect illustration and not to scale, I think this map shows how the sun would illuminate part of the earth and not other parts during it's revolution.

i42.photobucket.com...

posted on Apr, 26 2008 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by _Del_

The Sun is huge and approximately 93 million miles away. The rays come in virtually straight on.

[edit on 26-4-2008 by Tuning Spork]

posted on Apr, 26 2008 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Tuning Spork

Just what i wanted to say next.
But i want to do a longer comment on Del later.

posted on Apr, 26 2008 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by _Del_

Looking at your photo, _Del_, how can there ever be a full moon?

On the one hand, the moon is above the dark side of the flat Earth, so it's not reflecting light from below if I understand the model.

On the other hand, the Sun is above the daylight side. The moon would be a half-moon when viewed from below, and perhaps a quarter-moon when viewed nearer the Antarctic ice shelf.

'Splain that, Lucy.

[edit on 26-4-2008 by Tuning Spork]

posted on Apr, 26 2008 @ 03:44 PM
link   

The moon is lit by light from the sun AND light reflected from the earth. Some parts of the earth are more reflective than others.

...nearer the Antarctic ice shelf

I'm sure you meant the Lesser Ice Wall

For the eclipse example, the sun would be in the act of setting or rising in your illustration: only partly visible.
I also deducted points for lack of pirate reference.

[edit on 26-4-2008 by _Del_]

posted on Apr, 26 2008 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by _Del_

Haha this is a crazy discussion. Anyway

I had a look at your picture and i must say its very hard to believe. Really.

> Sun and Moon would appear veeeery differently than they do in our "reality".
They would transform to ellipses toward the horizon. Mhm.

Well i guess now its time to read all those posts. I only did the first and last 15 or so.
Out of hundreds. Oh man i hope the tread is still active when i will post my next lines.
Maybe.

posted on Apr, 26 2008 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by _Del_
The moon is lit by light from the sun AND light reflected from the earth. Some parts of the earth are more reflective than others.

But we're talking about NO sunlight being reflect from the Earth because it is dark below.

For the eclipse example, the sun would be in the act of setting or rising in your illustration: only partly visible.
I also deducted points for lack of pirate reference.

Avast ye, matey. My earlier citation explained that selenalion eclipses always happen, and can only happen, just after sunrise or just before sundown.

Now I must be away with meself and catch the new pirate movie. It's rated Arrrrrrr.

posted on Apr, 26 2008 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by _Del_

But i really like the way you worked this out.
I like the way you want us to believe your idea is true.
I feel sympathy for you.

Please excuse my bad english. This is not my mother tongue.

[edit on 26-4-2008 by Abeam]

posted on Apr, 26 2008 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Good one

Mod Note: One Line Post – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 26-4-2008 by elevatedone]

posted on Apr, 26 2008 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tuning Spork
But we're talking about NO sunlight being reflect from the Earth because it is dark below.

Avast ye, matey. My earlier citation explained that selenalion eclipses always happen, and can only happen, just after sunrise or just before sundown.

The earth being dark below really isn't the issue make it sound like if the earth is a plane. (there is also a theory relating to a self luminescent globe, but I won't pretend to understand it well enough to defend it).
The eclipses happen just after or before -- not DURING sunrise or -set.

posted on Apr, 26 2008 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by _Del_
[The eclipses happen just after or before -- not DURING sunrise or -set.

Picky, picky. When I wrote "happen", I meant "viewed". It can happen at any time of day, of course, depending on where you are when it happens. You just may not be in a position to view it.

posted on Apr, 26 2008 @ 10:54 PM
link   
I'm still having a hard time reproducing it with my beachball and tennisball. While it doesn't affirm a flat earth, it certainly raises eyebrows about your more conventional oblate spheroid theory.

posted on Apr, 27 2008 @ 05:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Abeam
reply to post by _Del_

I had a look at your picture and i must say its very hard to believe. Really.

> Sun and Moon would appear veeeery differently than they do in our "reality".
They would transform to ellipses toward the horizon. Mhm.

And what about the ellipse thing, Del? I think Moon an Sun must appear like ellipses.

posted on Apr, 27 2008 @ 10:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Abeam

Why would they appear like ellipses? I don't see any reason that would be the case. I DO think the flat earth would look like an ellipse, which was proven with high altitude photos.

[edit on 27-4-2008 by _Del_]

posted on Apr, 27 2008 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Another argument by round earth scientists comes from the results of triangulation. Surveyors make triangles between points in their method of triangulating distances and locations. This works very well on a Flat Earth where the angles of the triangles come out to 180 degrees. If you did this on a round earth, you would see that the angles add up to more than 180 degrees due to the positive curvature presented.

vs.

posted on Apr, 27 2008 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by logician magician
Another argument by round earth scientists comes from the results of triangulation. Surveyors make triangles between points in their method of triangulating distances and locations. This works very well on a Flat Earth where the angles of the triangles come out to 180 degrees. If you did this on a round earth, you would see that the angles add up to more than 180 degrees due to the positive curvature presented.

vs.

posted on Apr, 27 2008 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by ANTHONY33

Yeah, unless humans have evolved the stickiest, magical feet of the geckos, we would simply roll right off a round or fall straight ‘down’ from a ‘vertical’ surface based on the round earth theory.

[edit on 2008-4-27 by pikypiky]

posted on Apr, 27 2008 @ 06:45 PM
link   
I've made that picture to be funny on purpose, as you can tell.

Can you actually debate that reasoning, or does your intelligence force you to just go, "hahaha" like a clown?

Those who have been arguing for that Flat Earth theory (believing in it or not) have at least been able to come up with proper explanations based in logic. I shouldn't say "those," but I should say, "_Del_" because he has been COMPLETELY trumping you all and has been making you look like illogical morons.

_Del_ has defeated every single person in a battle of logic who has tried to defend the round Earth theory!

I've never received many comments as to mine as I suppose they are based too much into theoretical physics for anyone to understand. They defy common sense and logic, so it is impossible for anyone to enter into a debate - yet they are accepted as theoretical possibilities.

In this thread, the Round Earth has left no mark on the reasoning or logic of the Flat Earth.

Flat Earth wins. If you think pictures prove something, I suggest you start looking at "reptilian morphication" scattered around ATS.

When we look out of a window, we see a flat plane.

_Del_ has obviously won this argument so far, and the rest of you are just simple pawns who are lining up to be defeated.

posted on Apr, 27 2008 @ 06:50 PM
link   
reply to post by logician magician

I wasn't aware this debate was a competition....but sense you made it into one.

Har Har! I win because I am posting in this thread still despite the fact the title says FARCE! Har Har! Mockery! Har!

new topics

top topics

<< 35  36  37    39  40  41 >>

join