It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Earth Is Flat, Proof In Model - [FARCE]

page: 39
<< 36  37  38    40  41  42 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2008 @ 06:56 PM
link   
I think you guys miss the most important and obvious problem here: The world being flat would mean it isn't hollow... and where would the dinosaurs and angels live if it were not hollow?

posted on Apr, 27 2008 @ 07:41 PM
link   
reply to post by lordtyp0

Over the edge man, in "Antarctica" I'm telling you, people should be lining up for flat earth theory here.

posted on Apr, 27 2008 @ 08:07 PM
link   
Ah! I see lucrative business deals of charging a bunch of tourists to visit ‘Antarctica’ where the Nazis built Hitler’s secret base, which (like the dinosaurs and angels) are myths.

But seriously, it’s not about winning or losing. It’s about denying ignorance. It’s about intelligent discussion. It’s about time people wake up and think for once that perhaps the earth has always remained flat.

Maybe there should be a another thread started to 'prove' that the heavens are round. But I digress. Goodnight.

posted on Apr, 27 2008 @ 08:52 PM
link   
Ok logician(delusional) magician show us some photos of the edge of the earth and what is on the other side of it.

So you are saying if I go east long enough I will hit the Antarctic and eventually the edge of the world?

posted on Apr, 27 2008 @ 08:54 PM
link   
reply to post by ANTHONY33

I only have photos of the Lesser Ice Wall. No pictures exist to in the public domain of the larger.
Noone knows what's on the other side. Certainly not anyone alive, at anyrate.
And no; if you went East, you'd go in a big circle.

[edit on 27-4-2008 by _Del_]

posted on Apr, 27 2008 @ 09:09 PM
link   
reply to post by _Del_

Well who's thread is this? logician magician or _Del_ or are you the same person?
It all makes sense now. Just how many accounts do you have going on now
_Del_/logician magician?

posted on Apr, 27 2008 @ 09:14 PM
link   
reply to post by ANTHONY33

This has already been posed as a question, and I believe the moderators have the power to reveal this. I'm terribly sorry my posting here has drawn your ire.

I suggest a nap, a snack to increase blood sugar or a hug.

And to be clear: No. I do not know the OP other than from his posts, and do not communicate with him in any other media other than this thread.

posted on Apr, 27 2008 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by ANTHONY33
Ok logician(delusional) magician show us some photos of the edge of the earth and what is on the other side of it.

So you are saying if I go east long enough I will hit the Antarctic and eventually the edge of the world?

No, I'm not saying that. You might end up in the center of the world if you keep walking east. I'm not sure - I've said that multiple times.

I've never been to the edge of the Earth, have you?

If you have actually been to the edge of the Earth, can you please send me a picture? Better yet, if you have been on the top of the icewall, that would be even better. I know that a few have seen the icewall, but it is clear that nobody has ever gone past.

If you are asking me if I've been to the edge of the Earth, you may as well ask Stephen Hawking if he has been to a black hole. The question just doesn't make any sense.

posted on Apr, 27 2008 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by ANTHONY33
reply to post by _Del_

Well who's thread is this? logician magician or _Del_ or are you the same person?
It all makes sense now. Just how many accounts do you have going on now
_Del_/logician magician?

I don't think we are the same person. Hopefully, I don't have a multiple personality that assumes different ATS accounts. If I did then I would have subconciously outsmarted the ATS admin and most Internet servers.

Do you think I could do that?

I could be every account that posts in this thread, but would you believe that I am you?

If not, why should _Del_ believe that I am him? I might actually be your alternate personality, ANTHONY33. Perhaps you should do some introspection to stop us from doing this.

posted on Apr, 28 2008 @ 12:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by logician magician
I don't think we are the same person. Hopefully, I don't have a multiple personality that assumes different ATS accounts. If I did then I would have subconciously outsmarted the ATS admin and most Internet servers.

Good point. I didn't even consider that I (we?) might have a multiple personality disorder. Is it possible young Tony here is the self-loathing part of my (our?) schism? I (we?) need a beer....

posted on Apr, 28 2008 @ 05:12 AM
link   

I've made that picture to be funny on purpose, as you can tell.

Can you actually debate that reasoning, or does your intelligence force you to just go, "hahaha" like a clown?

Those who have been arguing for that Flat Earth theory (believing in it or not) have at least been able to come up with proper explanations based in logic. I shouldn't say "those," but I should say, "_Del_" because he has been COMPLETELY trumping you all and has been making you look like illogical morons.

_Del_ has defeated every single person in a battle of logic who has tried to defend the round Earth theory!

I've never received many comments as to mine as I suppose they are based too much into theoretical physics for anyone to understand. They defy common sense and logic, so it is impossible for anyone to enter into a debate - yet they are accepted as theoretical possibilities.

In this thread, the Round Earth has left no mark on the reasoning or logic of the Flat Earth.

Flat Earth wins. If you think pictures prove something, I suggest you start looking at "reptilian morphication" scattered around ATS.

When we look out of a window, we see a flat plane.

_Del_ has obviously won this argument so far, and the rest of you are just simple pawns who are lining up to be defeated.

I see no proof at all. Just theories.

"illogical morons" oh come on.

posted on Apr, 28 2008 @ 05:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by _Del_
reply to post by Abeam

Why would they appear like ellipses? I don't see any reason that would be the case. I DO think the flat earth would look like an ellipse, which was proven with high altitude photos.

Del, just imagine standing on earth (flat or not) and looking up into the sky. There you would see the sun lets say at midday. Then according to your theory looking at a flat sun would be like looking at a round one cause you couldnt tell the difference. Now you must sit down (standing no good for so many hours
) and you watch the sun as it moves toward the horizon. Then there must be changes. The perfect circle must change to an ellipse. MUST i say. I see no other way. Its like moving a pizza on a long stick in the sky.

Greetings to you all.

[edit on 28-4-2008 by Abeam]

[edit on 28-4-2008 by Abeam]

posted on Apr, 28 2008 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Abeam

I see no proof at all. Just theories.

"illogical morons" oh come on.

As do I my friend, as do I.

There is no proof of the round Earth, only theories.

Again, if you have proof that the Earth is globular, please present it.

posted on Apr, 28 2008 @ 11:09 AM
link   
reply to post by logician magician

Hey, why so rude. I wrote i see no proof cause Del wrote "proof in model". And i dont see any proof in a model or in his explanations. I never wrote i had proof. Thats that.

And why are you calling us morons? Why this highly emotional response.

In fact maybe there is logical proof. But then again it would depend on what you call proof. Ones proof is anothers laughter. I am thinking right now of an very simple experiment which could proof it. But then again i am no scientist and are not sure if it would work. And i guess it would take lasers or surveying laser instruments. And i clearly dont have them.

And people let me know what you think about the elliptic sun and moon problem.

Peace

posted on Apr, 28 2008 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Abeam
reply to post by logician magician

Hey, why so rude. I wrote i see no proof cause Del wrote "proof in model". And i dont see any proof in a model or in his explanations. I never wrote i had proof. Thats that.

Why so rude?

Probably because you can't even wrap your head around who wrote "proof in model." I mean, if you are so confused as to started the thread, then I don't know what to say to you.

I'll grant that _Del_ is the figurehead in this thread and has been the literal backbone, but you just show the lack of comprehension in perception among the normal population.

If you can't figure out something that simple, how can _Del_ or I expect you to figure or comprehend theoretical phyiscs or that the Earth may be flat?

And why are you calling us morons? Why this highly emotional response.

I never called anyone morons. I used a comparative simile - it's up to you if you take offense to it.

If a give you a gift and you no not accept it, to whom does it belong?

In fact maybe there is logical proof. But then again it would depend on what you call proof. Ones proof is anothers laughter.

I agree. It is pretty laughable that one believes that they could walk on a sphere withought rolling off the sides.

I am thinking right now of an very simple experiment which could proof it. But then again i am no scientist and are not sure if it would work. And i guess it would take lasers or surveying laser instruments. And i clearly dont have them.

Translation: I'm typing for no reason.

posted on Apr, 28 2008 @ 12:41 PM
link   

I've seen many misconceptions from people who say the Earth is actually somehow a round ball in space. It is beyond absurd and preposterous.

Mod Edit: All Caps – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 4/20/2008 by SkepticOverlord]

Ahem....walk in a straight line for around 30,000 miles and tell me if you see the same thing twice.

posted on Apr, 28 2008 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Might I also add this..
AT one time a person would be killed for talking about the world being a sphere or round!
So its good to know Im not going to be killed by the church for saying.
Dude its round to us in our 5 sense world!

Also Issac newton never did ask why the apple fell.. He only made a formula to tell you how fast it fell, and what angels and such it fell at.
Science today doesnt ask the base root of all things.
They only offer you small answers for the bigger problem.
They are called formulas!
And the formula to this world is that it is truely a sphere..
Thats why this thread got a farce..

Becasue for so long we have been repressed!! And now you stand up here and try to push this stuff upon us here on ATS?

The earth is a sphere in our 5 sense world.. NO ifs and or butts about it.
Its a sphere!!! bottom line..
Its not that hard to understand..

posted on Apr, 28 2008 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Okay, fine! If everyone else believes the earth is round, so be it. I will then be forced to believe in Santa Claus, the Easter bunny, fairies, unicorns, etc. I will then convince myself that everything is ‘honky dory’, a-ok and all good, going forward, despite the fact that I see no curvature beyond the horizon, the hillsides too. There will no need to resist the round earth theory. We have all the facts, the proof provided by the scientific community. Good-day!

posted on Apr, 28 2008 @ 03:12 PM
link   
I believe the earth is square.. like a cube ... those flat earth people are way off.. I know its square... so there.. have a good one..

posted on Apr, 28 2008 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Abeam

Now I understand your confusion, Abeam. What you said is true. IF the sun were flat, it would variously appear as a circle and then ellipse. But the sun is a globe. There is no reason it would appear as anything but a circle barring some distortion of light through the atmosphere.
And for what it's worth I've never wrote "proof". It's probably better to use terms like "evidence".

[edit on 28-4-2008 by _Del_]

top topics

<< 36  37  38    40  41  42 >>

join