It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Earth Is Flat, Proof In Model - [FARCE]

page: 35
<< 32  33  34    36  37  38 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2008 @ 06:59 PM
link   
reply to post by _Del_

Some of your remarks were unprovoked according to your reasoning, but I'll let that go, it was fun debating with you nonetheless. The OP's claims of knowledge that could aid him in this case was ill shown in comparison the little that you say you have, which you did in fact use well. He just simply chose to ignore questions or evidence, as I stated before, with a simple "it's propaganda" approach. Once again, I respect you Del for making an excellent argument in favor of the flat earth theory, despite your own disbelief in it.

Thank you Del.

posted on Apr, 24 2008 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Part of me hopes that a flat earth is proven scientifically one day, just so I can think back fondly.

posted on Apr, 24 2008 @ 07:28 PM
link   
If that happened I would definitely think back on this and laugh, just because of the fact something so seemingly ridiculous would actually turn out to have been correct. Anyways, Del, I'm sorry if I ever came off as being a bit offensive or overly zealous in my questioning. I realize I most likely provoked you a little, and for that I apologize because I do wish to bury any ill feelings towards each other if they developed in this topic, and I only say this because I sensed some animosity developing between both of us in the most recent pages and posts.

You are indeed, a worthy adversary.

posted on Apr, 24 2008 @ 08:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Cpt. Monty

Ah, I just think it is funny the arguments that have been proposed to counter it. "If the earth wasn't round and spinning the atmosphere would fly away," "you'd fall of the edge on the way to China," "Gravity exists and you're foolish if you believe it's a fictitious force," etc, et al
No hard feelings; I'm certainly not going to be upset because someone is unwilling to mentally shift their paradigm for the exercise, or because some one rigidly defends a round earth. Honestly, like I said before, it has shown more about psychology in the thread than science. It's certainly entertaining, and several people have had valid arguments. No worries, I'm not going to take anything personally from the discussion.

posted on Apr, 24 2008 @ 08:40 PM
link   
I cannot believe, 683 replies to this post. Now 684. Ha.
Tis amazing that this ball we live on is just big enough to seem
flat and make us all feel secure. Long ago when men didn't understand
gravity. They were probably made comfortable with the flat earth view.
As long as they weren't to adventurous. That is. Amazing design, I would say. We could be living on a irregular asteroid shape. With different amounts of gravity at different locations.
Yep. We have our own space ship home. Where we can eternally roam, and never reach a dead end.

posted on Apr, 24 2008 @ 11:53 PM
link   
Hmmm: If our planet is traveling in space at tremendous speed and assuming we had to get to our designation right away, I don’t see how a spherical shaped object would get us far. An arrow cuts through the air faster and goes farther than a ball, right? Our aircrafts are shaped like arrows. Our ICBM missiles are arrow-shaped. Even those science fiction movies show ‘spacecrafts’ not of roundish shape.

Try folding a 2D piece of paper into a 3D representation of an airplane and see how far it ‘flies’ before falling to the ground. Now take that same wad of paper and roll that into a tight fist sized ball. I think y’all get the picture. So, perhaps our planet is not truly ‘round’ but arrow or triangular in shape (as another theory besides the flat one). A sharp knife cuts through butter nicely not something round, by the way.

I’m not a well-verse in science or mathematics but these are my quick thoughts (thrown in from the dark again).

posted on Apr, 25 2008 @ 12:05 AM
link   
Resistance/friction is almost nothing through space. It isn't a vacuum, but it is reasonably close. That is why a flat earth is able to accelerate upward without worrying about it's shape. It will continue to accelerate upward until the dark energy pushing it subsides.
However, the idea of a warped shape not unlike a mobius strip is intriguing.

posted on Apr, 25 2008 @ 12:40 AM
link   
IF the earth is revolving around the sun (not to mention rotating) and one's frame of reference is constantly changing, why do stars always appear in the same spot in relation to each other?
For example: I close one eye and I look at two trees, one being ten feet away and one being twenty, the trees appear to have moved in relationship to eachother. If I observe them first, then move two steps to the right, the same effect is more pronounced. If the earth is travelling large distances around the sun, why do stars always appear to have the same spatial relationship? Would they not in fact, move (relative to each other) assuming they are not the same distance away?

posted on Apr, 25 2008 @ 01:54 AM
link   
LOL wow... I haven't laughed this hard in a long while. This guy is a great comedian hahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahhaha

I just wish I was there for every time he would try to explain that to his friends and just watch their faces "dude, no dude, look, I have this picture to prove it"

ahhaha wow.

posted on Apr, 25 2008 @ 08:36 AM
link   
i'm not sure if anyone has said this, but i remember hearing a story about a king saying to another king " when the shadow of my tower has reached your land, send your troops out..." or something along those lines. but that shadow never got there... i.e. the earth is round. and i agree with the global communications point about line of site...

posted on Apr, 25 2008 @ 09:45 AM
link   
Don't tell me this mindless debate is over and that the main proponents don't believe in it anyway. What a watse of time and effort.

posted on Apr, 25 2008 @ 11:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Frogga

Don't tell me you didn't read any of the thread where I stated I didn't believe it, and then proceeded to berate participants and get upset anyway? As for the OP, I have no idea.

posted on Apr, 25 2008 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by pikypiky
I’m not a well-verse in science or mathematics but these are my quick thoughts (thrown in from the dark again).

You are in fact moving around 1.2 million miles per hour through the universe as you sit in your computer chair. Gravity is a ficticious force that is merely an artifact of acceleration through space time. The Large Hadron Collider hopes to find the existence of the Higgs Boson when it starts up, which may reveal that the Boson actually kind of "grabs onto" or "clumps" onto ordinary mass as it moves through space time, which is where mass originates. This is to say, as an object moves faster, it comes into contact with more and more bosons in the Higgs field until it would take an infinate amount of energy to break the force of the bosons holding the object back. That is a simple explanation according to the popular standard model
anyway.

All of that other stuff concerns atmospheric aerodynamics. It shouldn't matter what shape a spacecraft is if it never ends to enter into the atmosphere of a flat planet, or even a two-dimensional one.

posted on Apr, 25 2008 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Frogga
Don't tell me this mindless debate is over and that the main proponents don't believe in it anyway. What a watse of time and effort.

Well, another physical example of one theory, that allows for a Flat, and Hollow Earth involves the use of a quarter. A quarter is a flat object, however, if you spin it on an axis then it appears to be round, and will cast a curved shadow.

Let's go out on a limb for the theory and entertain you by saying the Earth is a sphere that is slightly titled on a rotating wobbling axis. You can demonstrate this easier with something thicker, like a roll of electrical tape. You'll notice that when you spin it, it casts a round shadow and you can also see two apparent poles at the north and south, which are really in the center of the roll if you view it when it is not spinning. It's possible that we actually live on the sides of the disc, while the middle is what people refer to as hollow earth, the entrances being over the poles. It just depends on how thick the sides are, but it still allows for a core, and would make it virtual a cylindar like some other theories.

posted on Apr, 25 2008 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Well, I'll be darned! If the earth is flat like a coin and does spin rapidly on its axis, wouldn't we feel a bit dizzy or at least some sort of motion sickness, too?

posted on Apr, 25 2008 @ 12:58 PM
link   
If the earth was really spinning around in a tight circle while orbiting the sun while speeding through the universe wouldn't you feel dizzy as well?

posted on Apr, 25 2008 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by _Del_
If the earth was really spinning around in a tight circle while orbiting the sun while speeding through the universe wouldn't you feel dizzy as well?

No, our bodies evolved to be used to this. Also, as one of newtons laws go, we dont even notice the spin of the earth. The gravity created by the immense size of the earth would help us not get flung off of the sphere. If the earth stopped spinning, there would be more gravity than usual.

If the earth was flat the way your model shows, we would just spin off the world.

posted on Apr, 25 2008 @ 01:26 PM
link   
reply to post by pikypiky

you would just be flung off.

posted on Apr, 25 2008 @ 01:29 PM
link   

IF the earth is revolving around the sun (not to mention rotating) and one's frame of reference is constantly changing, why do stars always appear in the same spot in relation to each other?
For example: I close one eye and I look at two trees, one being ten feet away and one being twenty, the trees appear to have moved in relationship to eachother. If I observe them first, then move two steps to the right, the same effect is more pronounced. If the earth is travelling large distances around the sun, why do stars always appear to have the same spatial relationship? Would they not in fact, move (relative to each other) assuming they are not the same distance away?

They move, we just dont notice the difference. They arent close enough to make any noticeable difference in relative location. The closest star is at least 60 light years away.

posted on Apr, 25 2008 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by shiman

No, our bodies evolved to be used to this. Also, as one of newtons laws go, we dont even notice the spin of the earth. The gravity created by the immense size of the earth would help us not get flung off of the sphere. If the earth stopped spinning, there would be more gravity than usual.

If the earth was flat the way your model shows, we would just spin off the world.

Haha. They did? There wouldn't be more "gravity" because gravity is not real, but entirely ficticious, and we've already discussed why.

If the Earth stopped spinning, we would all get thrown around 700km/h into the nearest object under so many G forces that you would die instantly, and your remains would go for a hell of a ride before you were obliterated under a pile of everything else that was not very securily attached the the surface.

new topics

top topics

<< 32  33  34    36  37  38 >>

join