It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

America is the most powerful nation EVER!!!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 02:56 AM
link   
reply to post by msnevil

Of course After-dinner-jacket (I just can't spell his name, gimme a break!) in Iran is like a Chihuahua. You have to remember though, the likes of Bush/Cheney would be only too glad to give him a megaphone and shout 'woof, woof!'.

[edit on 19-4-2008 by mattguy404]

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 03:12 AM
link   
reply to post by West Coast

Doesn't China hold 80% of Americas debt?

and we are constantly borrowing money from PRIVATE BANKERS !

do you know what the federal reserve is?

we pay our taxes just to pay the interest on the loans, do you really thats just gonna level out?

yeah we loaned alot of money to people, but they used it wiser than we would.....and in some cases Against us, hell we sold them weapons and then shot them with our newer overpriced models a few years later

how can the dollar possibly hold on? China's already dropping it

are you paying attention? or just reading the answers you like off of other websites

I know they just had a thread about keeping your cool with other people, but i came to ATS cause i thought it was a league of minds who could got what was going on for the most part, so it could be delved into deeper,........but wow, it truly seems like people with the opposite ideals or people who don't even believe most of the subjects that made this site fantastic are getting in and just starting up with there rose glazed propaganda

you are clueless and think it's being patriotic, but all the famous patriots became so during revolution

are you a patriot ? would you support your fellow Americans to retain there freedom and support a revolution?

hell no, most of us still don't acknowledge anythings even wrong

in the mean time, go buy a house, it's a buyers market

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 03:44 AM
link   
The decomposition of the US started with China engagement. China has used America's greed against her, thus hanging her with her own rope.

Who's at fault? These NWO loving Pie in the Sky fools. Do you think China and going to stand by and be governed by the UN (NWO's World Government)? No .. China is much too stubborn and Hemoganistic. There is aleady an elite that rules there and at the top is the "Communist party Golden boy" Hu Jinto.

The US and China are on a collision course for world domination with top seats in a much sought after NWO (ruled namely by one country, with the others serving the republic).

The US people must be patriotic, and be aware of our corrrupt leaders and the China threat. The US people should elect a Libertarian for starters (if one would just run, guess the NWO candiates have to many friends and too much money).

People need to boycott Walmart and throw a wrench in the NWO initiative. Large NWO corporations like Ford and Citibank must not prosper, but be taken down. Congress should have control of US Federal reserves, not the International banks.

Everything is leading to the UN as the controlling body, thus the NWO objective to make the UN ruling world government.

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 03:47 AM
link   
reply to post by hinky

This is the most stupid crap ive ever heard in my life, America dosent want to beat the fighters in iraq, they wouldnt have a reason to stay there and vampire there resources if they did.. They could solve the problam in iraq in no time if they wanted to, And then you say they would crush iran! your not just dealing with iran, you have hezbollah, syria, russia and china. If the U.S attacks iran your lookin at another world war.

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 04:00 AM
link   
reply to post by danieljacob28

Correction, the Bush administration (and the accompanying corporate engine) wants to stay in Iraq--the American people are pretty much unanimously in favor of leaving. And if you think our opinion doesn't matter, then why is it that all three major candidates are pandering to the anti-war sentiment? Quite frankly, conspiracy or no, the people are not gonna take four more years of this crap--not even America is that complacent.
EDIT: World war? Against what, the Islamic middle east? Dude, the moment we actually get serious about defeating them, the entire region is basically gonna turn into a self-illuminated glass parking lot.

[edit on 19-4-2008 by Makoto]

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 04:09 AM
link   
If there's one valuable lesson, I've learnt in life. It's no matter how big you think you are, there's always someone, somewhere whose bigger!!!!

Then there's the bigger they are, the harder they will fall.

History has proven both statements to be corrrect.

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 04:24 AM
link   
Lets throw all the political views out the door and talk about the facts of American power.

Militarily there is no competition to American power. No military has the combination of technology, numbers, organization, communication, infrastructure and combat experience of the U.S. military. No military can strike anywhere in the world like the U.S. military can. There is nothing the Iranians can do, there is nothing the Russians can do, and there is nothing the Chinese can do if the U.S. military REALLY wanted to achieve a goal, everyone steps aside.

The U.S. military is so POWERFUL that even the most brutal dictator can incur global pity just by being in the crosshairs of the U.S. military.

The U.S. military is so powerful that the entire ocean might as well be a U.S. lake. More like a puddle with how fast it can access places. With stealth technology, rail gun naval ships, cruise missiles, sat coverage, anti-missile defenses a carrier group can decimate any coastal target and nullify an counter attack.

The U.S. military is so powerful that ONE submarine can destroy every major city in the world. There is nothing any country can do about it because it is impossible to find. And unlike other nuclear subs, ours doesnt blow trying to shoot missiles.

I can go on and on about the hard and soft power of the United States. Part of Hitler's hell is probably the fact that he wasn't born American. I bet there are other "Hitler"s out there that are trying very hard to gain control of the U.S. war machine if they haven't already.

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 04:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by jetxnet
Do you think China and going to stand by and be governed by the UN (NWO's World Government)? No .. China is much too stubborn and Hemoganistic. There is aleady an elite that rules there and at the top is the "Communist party Golden boy" Hu Jinto.

I think you misunderstand the situation. The Establishment have changed sides, like what happened to Hitler in the second world war. You have been betrayed. The money/capital has been and continues to be invested in China and other 'developing' countries. They are experiencing the Industrial revolution and you (USA) is experiencing post-industrialisation. Yes, there is an elite there. There is the Li family and the top party officials. They still have much control but the 'international bankers' the WHO, IMF, Asia Bank etc, are gaining more influence.

Originally posted by jetxnet
People need to boycott Walmart and throw a wrench in the NWO initiative. Large NWO corporations like Ford and Citibank must not prosper, but be taken down. Congress should have control of US Federal reserves, not the International banks. The Olympics being held there, says a lot!

Those large coporations may be hurting in the west, but in Asia they are expanding. It reflects what I said above. Where will poor people shop? FEMA will use Walmart in the future, if you know what I mean.

I think it might be time to leave the United States if you have the financial ability, as the veil has been lifted.

[edit on 19-4-2008 by deessell]

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 04:35 AM
link   
Good post Wutone, sounds like a canidate splash page for a DoD site.

All that power though, can be negated by Nanotechnology. It is no wonder why China is working feverishly in the Nanotech sector.

What is it? In a nutshell, it is micro-satellites that fly to larger enemy satellites and attach themselves to the larger satellite. Once attached, they are detonated. It is no wonder why the Bush admin wanted a Satellite defense network.

China is leading the US in NanoTech according to recent figures. The Clinton admin stopped the government program for defending or launching offensives with Nanotechnology.

Once and if US satellites are rendered useless, the military is blind. No more satellite guided missles, or RC4 Comand and Control.

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 04:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by jkrog08
This page seems to think that the U.S. will lose a war with Iran.
Iran most powerful nation

Well all I have to say is THERE IS NO WAY THAT THE U.S. WOULD LOSE A WAR WITH IRAN.

Further more some claim we are "tyrannical"-----------NO.We are utilizing our international police power to uphold civility in the world.

Finally....we would DESTROY IRAN in HOURS if we wanted to-----------WITHOUT TACTICAL NUKES.

Yes ok, so why are you shouting? Is it that you want it so badly, but are not allowed. Sorry, I don't understand. And another question: Why do you want to destroy other countries so badly? We (the outside world) are ants in respect ot you, why bother?

Maybe you can give a technical and tactical plan to show us how you are going to destroy al these people.

By the way, how is your dollar doing? (This is not a cynical remark, but essential to the plan that you will present, I guess)

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 04:44 AM
link   
reply to post by goukilock

Doesn't China hold 80% of Americas debt?

No, Japan is Americas biggest lender.

how can the dollar possibly hold on? China's already dropping it

China relies to heavily on the US economy. So why would they bite the hand that feeds them?

I know they just had a thread about keeping your cool with other people, but i came to ATS cause i thought it was a league of minds who could got what was going on for the most part, so it could be delved into deeper,........but wow, it truly seems like people with the opposite ideals or people who don't even believe most of the subjects that made this site fantastic are getting in and just starting up with there rose glazed propaganda

Please, save it.

What I have stated is well substantiated, and supported with fact.

hell no, most of us still don't acknowledge anythings even wrong

in the mean time, go buy a house, it's a buyers market

If you think the world is, or should be a perfect place (outside of America), you need to wake up and face reality.

[edit on 19-4-2008 by West Coast]

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 04:47 AM
link   
reply to post by jkrog08

yeahh

i bet the Baylonians thought something similar

as did most other "empires"

The USA has been a global force for so little time and now its at an end

frankly the US is a laughing stock at the moment and the UK not far behind.

of course i mean the governments not the people

Iran win a War against the US?

what war HAS the US won on its own?

Vietnam-mess not won
Afghanistan- mess not won
Iraq- mess not won
Somalia-mess not won
cold war- not won came from the people

the US cannot finish what it starts

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 04:57 AM
link   

you really believe we borrow that much money from japan?

yeah we may be prostituting them and making a couple of dimes, but they don't remotely have the funds to even deal with the kinda money scales America uses to pay our debt

your going to the wrong sites for your info

hell that was such a weak answer, i don't know if you just made it up or you read a "USA Today", maybe even the "weekly world news" perhaps

i mean really , you can't be serious

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 04:59 AM
link   

geez, obviously the world isn't perfect, but does that mean you should ignore whats really going on ?

what facts, your pulling answers out of Rush Limbaghs hat

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 05:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by deessell
I think you misunderstand the situation. The Establishment have changed sides, like what happened to Hitler in the second world war. You have been betrayed. The money/capital has been and continues to be invested in China and other 'developing' countries. They are experiencing the Industrial revolution and you (USA) is experiencing post-industrialisation. Yes, there is an elite there. There is the Li family and the top party officials. They still have much control but the 'international bankers' the WHO, IMF, Asia Bank etc, are gaining more influence.

Yes, it is called a "post manufacturing economy." Most industrialized nations are moving toward this "new age", while the less developed economy's (like India and China) of the world are getting the "hand me downs.." China is outsourcing jobs to Pakistan, certain parts of India, and in eastern Europe as well.

Those large coporations may be hurting in the west, but in Asia they are expanding. It reflects what I said above. Where will poor people shop? FEMA will use Walmart in the future, if you know what I mean.

I think it might be time to leave the United States if you have the financial ability, as the veil has been lifted.

What non-existent veil is this you speak of? I believe the US is headed for a cyclical recession, nothing more, nothing less.

Always remember that 80% of the US economy is generated from internal commerce, and only 20% is exposed to the world outside the US. No other large country is this self-reliant economically.

As for China, It has been discovered that we have overestimated the red dragons economic gmight by 40%. Over 300,000,000 Chinese live on less than a dollar a day, making Chinas middle class significantly poorer than was thought.

In GDP PPP terms, China is not a $10T economy, but a $5.33T economy, and will not challenge/dethrone the US probably ever.

As far as the problems that the chinese nation faces, here a few below from the source linked above.

China's political stability may be more fragile than thought. The country faces huge domestic challenges -- an aging population lacking any form of social security, wholesale problems in the financial system that dwarf those revealed in the U.S. sub-prime loan mess and the breakdown of its health system. These problems are as big as ever, but China has fewer resources to meet them than we thought.

"When Europe orders all American troops out; when Japan claims our textbooks whitewash the Japanese forced internment or Hiroshima; when China cites unfair trade with the United States; when South Korea says get the hell off our DMZ; when India complains that we are dumping outsourced jobs on them; when Egypt, Jordan, and the Palestinians refuse cash aid; when Canada complains that we are not carrying our weight in collective North American defense; when the United Nations moves to Damascus; when the Arab Street seethes that we are pushing theocrats and autocrats down its throat; when Mexico builds a fence to keep us out; when Latin America proclaims a boycott of the culturally imperialistic Major Leagues; and when the world ignores American books, films, and popular culture, then perhaps we should be worried. But something tells me none of that is going to happen in this lifetime."

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 05:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by West Coast
[
As for China, It has been discovered that we have overestimated the red dragons economic gmight by 40%. Over 300,000,000 Chinese live on less than a dollar a day, making Chinas middle class significantly poorer than was thought.

In GDP PPP terms, China is not a $10T economy, but a $5.33T economy, and will not challenge/dethrone the US probably ever.

Yes, that may be true but you are forgetting how many millions of USA'ns live on welfare.

Does the term 'cooking the books' mean anything to you? I live in Asia and let me tell you, it is booming! There is at the least another five years of exponential growth. This will be China's century, you need to accept that.

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 05:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by jkrog08
If the US are such Imperialist than why do we allow all you other countries and citizens of the US to state your opinion......if we were such a "evil empire" than I guess we would just invade you all right........AND COME ON WE COULD WITH EASE.
Thats why Britain is the US's B*tch.............come on now?!

I didn't want to get involved with this thread, but this comment I can't ignore.

The reason Britain is the U.S's "b*tch", as you so eloquently state, is during W.W.2 in our darkest hours, the only assistance we got from the great U.S.A. is a little thing called lease/ lend of equipment and supplies which I'm pretty sure we are STILL paying for. Even so, I was always a supporter of our special relationship with your country as our only other choice is to be swallowed up by Europe (which we fought two world wars to avoid). I now think my support of your nation may have been a mistake. Since Vietnam your leaders do not seem to want to go to war without the British beside them so our military get dragged around the world fighting your battles, like a parent backing up their teenage son in an argument. Maybe having to call myself European would be a better option. Sorry to all offended Americans, I don't dislike the people (I have spent some time in your beautiful country), just the way the nation is led.

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 05:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by deessell

Yes, that may be true but you are forgetting how many millions of USA'ns live on welfare.

Not 300,000,000.
That is a significant number, wouldn't you say?

Does the term 'cooking the books' mean anything to you? I live in Asia and let me tell you, it is booming!

It all depends if you are where the "boom" is taking place. Many parts in Asia are not experiencing that same boom.

There is at the least another five years of exponential growth.

Yes, because third world nations grow at a faster rate. If china does not become a democracy by 2015, china will suffer from a slower, protracted growth rate not much faster then Americas.

This will be China's century, you need to accept that.

I tend to accept facts, not opinions.

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 05:46 AM
link   
reply to post by goukilock

You would have been far better off by putting your foot in your mouth.

Also, China owns very little U.S. debt as a percentage of the GDP. China only owns less than 6% of all of the U.S.'s outstanding debt.
U.S. Treasury website:
Also, the debt is not at historic levels as a percentage of the GDP. Also, the debt to GDP ratio is currently declining. And many other first world countries have far greater debt to GDP ratios.

If China had owned a lot of U.S. debt then they would have drove up the price of treasury securities (bonds, etc). That didn't happen. Currently the price of treasuries have been increasing because people are taking their money out of the stock market and investing in treasuries.
Many U.S. investors want China to sell off the U.S. debt because in the long term it will decrease the trade deficit (improve the stock market, boost home prices, increase consumer spending, increase job growth, etc.)

Why does china buy so much US debt? China only buys our debt to devalue its currency so it can create an artificially created trade deficit. So china buying US debt is in Chinas best interest, if china wants strong economic growth, that is.

Embarrassed yet? I am pretty much thrashing your original "arguments." Though i will not continue to beat you when you have been thoroughly beaten down.

About the "Micky mouse dollar." Japan is thinking about selling off its yen to boost the value of the dollar so Japan can sell more Japanese cars in the U.S.. "Japan sold the yen on the four occasions since 1995 when the currency approached 100 to support exporters including Toyota, the world's second-biggest automaker." ...
-Bloomberg news.

Contrary to what most people think, a weak dollar is not bad for America. It helps U.S. automakers and manufacturers. It also reduces the trade deficit which reduces unemployment and the national debt. The dollar is fine. The falling dollar helps the economy.

A weak dollar does not make foreign car makers happy. Each time the Japanese yen increases to the dollar by one yen, then Toyota's profits drop by 35 billion yen

Global economics 101. The country with the weakest currency wins. And the country with the most innovation (the U.S.) keeps alive the countries that only know how to copy ( through the use of a devalued currency) .

The countries with the weakest currencies have the fastest economic growth. Japan purposefully devalued its currency for decades to gain U.S. marketshare in our automotive sector and our electronic sector.

China and India are currently devaluing their currencies. China had over a 10% GDP growth rate last year. And Russia's devalued currency is hurting the EU steel mills.

The key to America's future is spending money in research and development and at the same time preventing other countries from artificially devaluing their currencies. Those actions alone will increase job growth, improve the standard of living, reduce the need of social programs, reduce the national debt through tax revenue growth, etc..

In the long term a low dollar is actually good for America (as long as other countries don't artificially peg the dollar). A low dollar decreases the trade deficit, improves the economy, and increases tax revenue to lower the budget deficit. China has been enjoying the benefits of a weak currency for a decade. That is the only reason why China is doing so well. It actually sucks at productivity.

China Is Against Free Trade. They are taking what we are allowing. I am in agreement that something needs to be done about this.

[edit on 19-4-2008 by West Coast]

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 06:09 AM
link   

Ok i was about to crash out to bed, but i can't let that go

in all actuality China has a huge population with with a particularly large amount of females taking up those amounts, an aging population problem is actually what japan has

dude the Los Angeles Times?

"when South Korea says get the hell off our DMZ; when India complains that we are dumping outsourced jobs on them; when Egypt, Jordan, and the Palestinians refuse cash aid; when Canada complains that we are not carrying our weight in collective North American defense; when the United Nations moves to Damascus; when the Arab Street seethes that we are pushing theocrats and autocrats down its throat; when Mexico builds a fence to keep us out; when Latin America proclaims a boycott of the culturally imperialistic Major Leagues; and when the world ignores American books, films, and popular culture, then perhaps we should be worried. But something tells me none of that is going to happen in this lifetime."

You should fell the shiver of a thousand dead children going up your spine after saying that

Do you even know ANYTHING about india and how corperations like Coca-Cola rip it apart , do you why and how slave labor works for countries? its pretty damn tragic , ...

most of that nonesense you mentioned wont happen because they are well, just completely retarded

you had 2 people from out the country tell you whats up , and you still ignore it , dude one is from Asia, i think she might have a little more hands on experiance with the economy

and people don't care if it's american art, movies, books, we just happen to have bad ass artist, directors, and authors, but we have been rivaled by people from all those catagories from all over the the world.....since the friggen 80's

so is that avitor you at the office?

i may not be ellaquint but thats just how it is

i'm out

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join