Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

America is the most powerful nation EVER!!!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join

posted on Apr, 18 2008 @ 10:41 PM
link   
reply to post by CaptInsanoX

Haha, slaves have no power over their masters, see what happens to china's economy if we were to pull out all our outsourced manufacturing, we are a huge part of china's economy, I am sure your situation will never happen. The US would never and has never let someone hold such a huge amount of our "debt" without having a larger stake in their livelihood, american economics is not a stupid system. There is a reason why we outsource above and beyond the taxes charged in the US to run a business here, Congress could lift business taxes and we could bring back all of our outsourced business and our taxes wouldn't even feel it. We have deals with these other countries on a larger political level to send them a nicely wrapped package that magically created jobs for a reason. Open up your eyes

posted on Apr, 18 2008 @ 10:46 PM
link   
That's essentially what was said about the southern US immediately prior to the Civil War--and look where their economic clout got them...

posted on Apr, 18 2008 @ 10:50 PM
link   
reply to post by elysiumfire

You speak a certain amount of truth. But once nukes are in the air they are targets for defense systems, and the US has them, sure a few might get by, and lets hope to god that never happens because if it does I and my family might hop on a boat and motor over to England and move in next door. So in a few years while you brits are hopefully enjoying a cup of tea over WWIII playing on the tele would you be so kind to borrow me a cup of sugar so I can make some bread? Oh yeah and the way the pound is I might need to borrow a few $$ if our own hasn't yet balanced out. I can shoot a man that threatens me and my family, but I am just as scared of those nukes as everyone else, that is why I advocate a first strike mentality (much to the disagreement of everyone around me, but at least I am honest). I hope you live in the lakes district I would sooo love to visit. Maybe I will come even if there is not a global disturbance

posted on Apr, 18 2008 @ 10:55 PM
link   
reply to post by hinky

China would be a false power seeing as how more than 60% of their population still lives in poverty, the only thing keeping them going is the fact that other countries outsource their manufacturing to them. If they became too powerful and a threat then those with an interest in China could pull our thier interest and they are back to square one.

posted on Apr, 18 2008 @ 11:01 PM
link   
reply to post by AceWombat04

The US navy is a greater force than all other navies combined, unless countries started nuking the oceans we would in no way suffer great casualties from that end, we have more carriers than any other nation, couple that with our super carriers and destroyers and nuclear subs no one else even comes close not even fractionally. Our navy alone could wipe nations off the map without even setting foot on land.

posted on Apr, 18 2008 @ 11:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Makoto

Yeah thanks for supporting my post, before the war began the investors in the north pulled their interests (and were forced to do so) from the southern economy and the south suffered and failed.

posted on Apr, 18 2008 @ 11:11 PM
link   
reply to post by gangas

WOW.....what are you smoking bro? The illuminati DOES NOT control our government, there is no proof they even exist anymore, and the raptor does not cost billions to build....

posted on Apr, 18 2008 @ 11:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stumpy1

Haha, slaves have no power over their masters, see what happens to china's economy if we were to pull out all our outsourced manufacturing, we are a huge part of china's economy

This is assuming China cares more about our imports than they do about control over their own people. I would say they do not. they are in a win-win scenario right now. THey get to be tyrannical as they want, AND make money. Without America, it's just back to pure tyranny. Either way, they are happy.

posted on Apr, 18 2008 @ 11:38 PM
link   

The only reason for that is because they have so many countries outsourcing business to them. Left on their own and they are nothing other than a country of about 2 billion. Although they could alway inflate their quality made in china air mattressess and float to us and throw rocks.

posted on Apr, 18 2008 @ 11:44 PM
link   
Oh good freakin' night...

Iran is a very powerful nation and they have SA-11 Gadfly mobile surface to air missile technology, these can target and destroy stealth aircraft, we would lose alot of aircraft to their air defenses.

That leaves our ground forces, these would have to navigate the moutainous terrain of Iran and their artillery and multiple rocket launchers would have a field day with us, even if we use counter battery tactics their artillery would still outnumber us.

While we would have some moderate success the death toll of the initial invasion would be unacceptable unless we deployed nuclear weapons.

Iran is nothing like Iraq, they are twice as advanced as even Iraq in 1991.

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 12:07 AM
link   
I love the United States.
The dollar will bounce back (no facts to support this, gut instinct).
The US military is very strong (probably the stongest).
The British are the best allies for anyone to have.
We can defeat Iran in a war.
It doesn't have to happen overnight.
Nukes are a last line of defense and guarantee mutual death for all.
We police the world to much.
China will be the next superpower. Its inevitable after they rebuild their infrastructure and develop their consuming middle class.
I think China will have a massive civil war in the future. (gut instinct)
It won't be pretty.

At some time in my life I would like to see the world unite as one comman voice. To many personal agendas for everyone in the world to make it happen though.

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 12:52 AM
link   
The US, my country too, pretty much ceased to exist in 1913 with the signing of the Federal Reserve Act. We became property of the international banks and subject to their agenda of controlling the world. Now they use us as their enforcers, it shames me to say. When countries like Iran don't sign the dotted line, and refuse to do so anytime in the future, here comes the US and whoever else they send with us to make them say uncle. Sad but true.

[edit on 4/19/2008 by ludaChris]

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 01:01 AM
link   
There is no doubt the US could win a conventional war. But as shown in Iraq, We suck as a occupying country. After a ext. 10,000 post war military attrition, the US would retreat with its tail between its legs. (That is if we don't do it in Iraq first.)

The US doesn't have the mental fortitude to support a all out war. Like any of the ancient world powers. And I fear, It would be a Islamic revolution on the model of the American revolution. (Where the foreign power has the strength but not the will to crush its enemy.)

Summery:

Rnd 1, US knowns down Iran, Iran gets back up.
3 Rnds later- The US throws in the towel after suffering a paper cut.

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 01:32 AM
link   
New here, hello!

Actually, the United States doesn't "suck" at occupying a country. Every country "sucks" at occupying any other country. Any occupation of another nation is a difficult task with tonnes of problems. It can be seen in history over and over again.

I personally believe that no matter what the media or most of you say, the United States should be thanked for what it did in Iraq. And also, if Iran wants to play tough guy they will loose their conventional forces within a week. They know this because they tried us out back in the 80's and almost lost their entire Navy in a FEW HOURS.

Boo to you negative creeps who CONSTANTLY put the US down.

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 01:36 AM
link   
I have no doubt the US could flatten Iran, but I could see there being heavy retaliation from other nations, ie. Russia and China. Iran is one thing, Russia and China is a whole other story.

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 01:44 AM
link   
reply to post by msnevil

I like your post but there is a HUGE difference between policing a country and just plain destroying one. If the US wanted to destroy Iraq it could have and would have done so about 3 or so days into the war or less. Same with afghanistan although I think it took less than a day for us there. Open up your eyes before they get melted into your head in WW3

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 01:54 AM
link   
Oh good lord, I am not entirely sure where to start.

Economically and Militarily the US is the worlds strongest. This is all supported by facts. 27% of the worlds GDP rest in America, which is the single most contribution of any nation to the Global world Economy. To the person who said China was more economically "in charge," China accounts for 9% of global GDP.

I have said, in several threads, that the time span for a nation to somewhat effectively take on the US armed forces, is now, as I, and many others, believe the US armed forces of 2015-2020 will start to make many of the worlds most prolific military forces, obsolete (nuclear warfare included.)

Google Video Link

[edit on 19-4-2008 by West Coast]

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 02:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by ForestSanctuary
Russia and China. Iran is one thing, Russia and China is a whole other story.

Both nations are in no position to project either country's military forces contrast to Americas capabilities.

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 02:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Stumpy1

post by Stumpy1
I like your post but there is a HUGE difference between policing a country and just plain destroying one.

Yes, There is a big difference. And would the American people accept that big difference. When you got at least 40% of the US populace believing that enemy soldiers should be treated like American citizens. Along with the media's negativity of the US military and Iraq in general. Heck, we even have US senator's calling US soldier's "war mongers". (And these are just a few exp's.)No, I am afraid most of the American people want only a "sound bite" war and a true war like WWII is a thing of the past.

Of course, If America was directly threatened like 9-11 then it would be different. But when a little dictator yells "I am invincible". And is half a world away. Its like a 5 pound chiwawa barking in the neighbor's yard, and surrounded by a fence. Would the big red neck neighbor married to a very chatty wife shoot the chiwawa with a 12 guage double buck slug?

Sure the chiwawa could crawl under the fence and bite the red neck, But then the chiwawa would become semi truck run over roadkill.

[edit on 19-4-2008 by msnevil]

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 02:55 AM
link   
well.. times do change....IRAN used to be our allies in 1971-73(?) just before the Iatola took over. Saw that on UFO Hunters 2 weeks ago.

new topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join