It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

America is the most powerful nation EVER!!!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2008 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Comments on other nations....NO they dont apply to the US.

Also you have to acount for the change of times between the Roman....British...........and USA.
Also the US is not an empire......Those empires you mentioned were in a time before the modern age.But as it goes with how the world is TODAY the US is the new Rome and the new Britain.We do not go to war simply for land like the Romans or English(Britain)........we go to war to spread world wide Democracy and prosperity..........I refer you to the Teddy Roosevelt Corrolary to the Monroe Doctorine.

posted on Apr, 18 2008 @ 07:25 PM
link   
All imperial power seems for a time invincible. But that's just an illusion. It will be no different for the USA as it was for Rome, Greece, Babylon, Spain or Britain. With the the current financial catastrophe American influence is already waning. No amount of flag waving or sabre rattling will change that fact.

Federal resources will be increasingly spent not on carrier battlegroups or sophisticated missile systems but on welfare programs and job creation ... because there just won't be an alternative. Domestic pressures will become too much to bear.

The great warships will tilt & ride at anchor. The sleek fighter planes will become museum curios. And battletanks will rust in peace.

I suggest the OP takes a reality check. For the glory glory days of the USA are over.

posted on Apr, 18 2008 @ 07:25 PM
link   
reply to post by jkrog08

Yea Im going to reply to myself.........if you all think you can do better as other countries......THEN BECOME THE SUPER POWER.

posted on Apr, 18 2008 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amaterasu

Originally posted by mattguy404
Ah, the teary eyed patriot. I have the perfect movie for you

Right here

Team America was excellent and very clearly showed, through satire, where our world image today has come from.

I recommend it to all.

Yep, it's a classic all right. And it cuts very close to the bone - funny as hell too
The ultimate parody of US imperialism.

J.

posted on Apr, 18 2008 @ 07:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Charity

I SUGGEST YOU TAKE A REALITY CHECK.

OMG.........Icant wait till we rebound........then what will you all say?Yes there will be a change of government.............but we will lead the change into a "global government"

Mod Note: All Caps – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 18-4-2008 by 12m8keall2c]

[edit on 4/18/2008 by jkrog08]

posted on Apr, 18 2008 @ 07:28 PM
link   
reply to post by jkrog08

Nah - no thanks. Super Powers are for Super Heroes - and they only exist in comic books buddy...

J.

posted on Apr, 18 2008 @ 07:30 PM
link   
If the US are such Imperialist than why do we allow all you other countries and citizens of the US to state your opinion......if we were such a "evil empire" than I guess we would just invade you all right........AND COME ON WE COULD WITH EASE.
Thats why Britain is the US's B*tch.............come on now?!

posted on Apr, 18 2008 @ 07:31 PM
link   
reply to post by jkrog08

Yawn....sounds like a bad speech from the bad guys in a really poor action movie...couldn't you at least give us an evil laugh at the end of the sentence??

You know....a good 'ol 'BRUUUHAHAAA' - or something?

J.

posted on Apr, 18 2008 @ 07:33 PM
link   
I guess it all depends on how you measure the most powerful nation. If you're looking at pure military power, or 'hard power', it's obviously the United States. No question there.

If you measure by economic power however, it is undoubtedly China. Just have a look around you at all the stuff that's 'Made in China'. No one from the Tibet movement has outwardly suggested boycotting China's products, because we wouldn't have much left to use.

You can disagree with me about China being economically powerful. But you have to remember, the 'States is currently borrowing an enormous amount of cash from China to fund the Iraq war - it's a war that's costing $5000 a second you know. That debt is piling up.

Then you have other Middle Eastern countries that hold control of the world's oil supply. If America is so powerful, why was Dick Cheney pleading with OPEC leaders, namely the Saudis, to release more oil because it was hurting Americans? But still, they didn't release more oil, they're capping it at 32 million barrels per day, and oil rose to $117 in the last session of trading.

Further, there's talk of China and other nations dumping the US dollar altogether and trading in Euros. Heck, even the Australian dollar is around the US$0.94 mark.

As for destroying Iran, they control sea lanes that a large majority of the world's oil flows through. In any event of an attack, the first thing they would do would be to severely disrupt oil supplies, and many nations, including the US, would have to use their contingency oil supplies. Attacking another Arab nation would inflame the entire Muslim community around the world, and who knows what effect that would have.

Iraq was invaded under false pretenses. There was no weapons of mass destruction, just the 'tubes' and other odd pieces of equipment and chemicals that America itself sold to Iraq in the 80s. Then the reason for invasion was 'democracy'. Now, it's just to piece the country back together again, even to get the sewers, water, and electricity working again.

Remember how Rumsfeld spoke about the 'evil dictator'?

posted on Apr, 18 2008 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by jkrog08
If the US are such Imperialist than why do we allow all you other countries and citizens of the US to state your opinion......if we were such a "evil empire" than I guess we would just invade you all right........AND COME ON WE COULD WITH EASE.
Thats why Britain is the US's B*tch.............come on now?!

Better not let the Brits hear you say that - they're the only friends you got right now
heheh

J.

posted on Apr, 18 2008 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Thats all you all can do is talk......we all know you cant back it up with military action.......(heres your evil laugh) Bruuuuuuuuuuuuuhahahahaha!

ROFLMA

posted on Apr, 18 2008 @ 07:36 PM
link   
reply to post by jkrog08

Dude, what are you? 12?

Calm the hell down. You offer no evidence to back up your argument, you are just rambling. I love my country, but I'm realistic about where it stands in the world.

Again, like one other poster said, read a book. The Romans were VASTLY more powerful relative to their time in history.

It is when the country takes the stance that you have that a country falls. You are diluted, my man. Pride in your country involves knowing about its current events. Look outside, things are changing for the worse, we all hope and try to work for the future.

EDIT: Ok after reading that last post, you might not even be 12, why aren't you in school? How do you think our military stands against the rest of the world as a whole? Ask the Germans.

[edit on 4/18/08 by SantaClaus]

posted on Apr, 18 2008 @ 07:37 PM
link   
reply to post by jimbo999

Proved my point exactly......................

Why do you think they are our only "friends",why do you think they havnt messed with us since their stupid attempt in 1812?

posted on Apr, 18 2008 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Its funny you say the US is third among world powers in history.................Well I think we are ATLEAST second.....considering WE BEAT THE BRITISH "EMPIRE" TWICE!!!!

If you dont know it was in the Revolutionary War and the War of 1812

posted on Apr, 18 2008 @ 07:40 PM
link   
reply to post by jkrog08

I thought they also conquered to spread their influence over other nations

posted on Apr, 18 2008 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Comments on other nations....NO they dont apply to the US.

Also you have to acount for the change of times between the Roman....British...........and USA.
Also the US is not an empire......Those empires you mentioned were in a time before the modern age.But as it goes with how the world is TODAY the US is the new Rome and the new Britain.We do not go to war simply for land like the Romans or English(Britain)........we go to war to spread world wide Democracy and prosperity..........I refer you to the Teddy Roosevelt Corrolary to the Monroe Doctorine.

oh puuleeze!! The Romans also claimed they were conquering the world to free it from 'barbarisim' and to 'civillize' it. The Brits also used the same excuses to feed their greed. You really believe your own propoganda huh? Old showbiz saying: Never believe your OWN PR!'

Trust me- it's fatal

J.

posted on Apr, 18 2008 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Its funny you say the US is third among world powers in history.................Well I think we are ATLEAST second.....considering WE BEAT THE BRITISH "EMPIRE" TWICE!!!!

If you dont know it was in the Revolutionary War and the War of 1812

With the help of your pals - The French!! hehehe! How ironic huh? Considering how you guys treat the French today... Youd's STILL be British without the French - something to keep in mind next time your munching on yer 'Freedom Fries' huh??

But, hey, did you know the Canadians kicked your asses at least 3 times when the US tried to invade Canada? Does that make Canada a greater world power than the US? OF COURSE NOT! Your logic is fatally flawed...

J.

posted on Apr, 18 2008 @ 07:50 PM
link   
We are the most powerful regarding nuclear weapons, but thats where it ends.

Despite all of our weapon technology we lost the war in Vietnam.

We can't completely control Afghanistan or Iraq.

We can't win the War on drugs, really we can't even keep drugs out of our own prison system.

The housing bubble has burst and our economy is going downhill fast, we used to have economic might, now we make mean faces towards our foes.

According to our own Generals our Army has been broken because of Iraq.

The man responsible for 9/11 has not been captured or killed.

We could not even respond competently to the Katrina disaster.

Yet you say we could defeat Iran in a matter of hours, maybe in a episode of 24

Really fiction can be fun.

posted on Apr, 18 2008 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Pride goeth before the fall.

Rome was at it's height just before the barbarians came to visit, wasn't it?.

That's the thing about being 'King of the Hill'... people just keep trying to knock you down until they finally and always succeed.

Rah.

posted on Apr, 18 2008 @ 07:54 PM
link   
reply to post by hinky

Huh??? Wow, that's some wierd #.... Scary thoughts.

J.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join