It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

America is the most powerful nation EVER!!!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2008 @ 04:04 PM
link   
This page seems to think that the U.S. will lose a war with Iran.
Iran most powerful nation

Well all I have to say is THERE IS NO WAY THAT THE U.S. WOULD LOSE A WAR WITH IRAN.

Further more some claim we are "tyrannical"-----------NO.We are utilizing our international police power to uphold civility in the world.

Finally....we would DESTROY IRAN in HOURS if we wanted to-----------WITHOUT TACTICAL NUKES.

+10 more 
posted on Apr, 18 2008 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Um... If you say so. However that is not my way of seeing things. We have no right to police the world (would it be ok if...Lichtenstein, say, came over here to correct a problem they see in our country? No).

Like...there's less war in Iraq now than before we arrived?

And your words about Iran vs. us (or US) sure sound to me like muscle flexing ala some narcissistic iron pumper. "MY bulges are bigger that your bulges!"

Whatever. And you think we could take out Iran when we can't control Iraq. Mmmm. I doubt it.

posted on Apr, 18 2008 @ 04:41 PM
link   
there are no winners in war my friend. Iran has over 70 million people living there, over twice that of iraq.. and usa is still there fighting.

it will be 10 times worse in iran. and how about the economy? war in iraq cost alot, still does. maybe the elite in usa gets something out of this, but you dont. and citizens have to pay for it.

posted on Apr, 18 2008 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amaterasu
Whatever. And you think we could take out Iran when we can't control Iraq. Mmmm. I doubt it.

Sorry, we could "take out" Iran in an afternoon and still have time for volleyball and beer afterwards. Of course, it would be a glass parking lot afterwards, so that defeats the purpose.

And who said anything about trying to control it afterwards? That's a whole other topic.

posted on Apr, 18 2008 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Let me fan the flames of American patriotism a little bit.

There is no doubt that the USA could defeat Iran and any of her allies in just a few hours. There would be few if any survivors, but a real war, we would prevail. There is no group of nations that could withstand a full war against the USA. This isn't saying America's homeland wouldn't glow at night either, but we would be the winners.

With the touchy feely crap that America has turned herself in, I seriously doubt we would win a WW2 style war against an opponent like Japan. The media would be all over us about using barbaric tactics with so few prisoners.

If we had the political will to just kill the insurgents in Iraqi instead of taking so many prisoners, who want American constitutional rights BTW, this Iraq business would be over very quick. Instead, we have to put up with newscast showing American or ally soldiers willingly take risks instead of just flattening a city block to kill the SOB shooting at them.

Political correctness at it's finest, using a body count of dead American heroes.

posted on Apr, 18 2008 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Ah, the teary eyed patriot. I have the perfect movie for you

Right here

Everyone knows you guys could wipe out any country you want. But do you really want to be the winners of World War III? Think about it. There wouldn't much left but insurgency, and that seems to be taking a while to learn how to fight.

They're even building a wall now in Iraq 5 years after they entered it to try to keep the little blights out.

posted on Apr, 18 2008 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by jerico65

Originally posted by Amaterasu

Sorry, we could "take out" Iran in an afternoon and still have time for volleyball and beer afterwards. Of course, it would be a glass parking lot afterwards, so that defeats the purpose.

And who said anything about trying to control it afterwards? That's a whole other topic.

I suppose we could just nuke 'em. Plaster them with all we have, and sure. We could clean them off the face of the earth. But that is not how it would go down. No war contracts to speak of then.

And we would find ourselves spread more thinly than now. And we would NOT "win." We would just have perpetual war all the more.

posted on Apr, 18 2008 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by mattguy404
Ah, the teary eyed patriot. I have the perfect movie for you

Right here

Team America was excellent and very clearly showed, through satire, where our world image today has come from.

I recommend it to all.

posted on Apr, 18 2008 @ 06:11 PM
link   
The Lockheed Martin/Boeing F-22 Raptor is an American fighter aircraft that uses stealth technology. It is primarily an air superiority fighter, but has multiple capabilities that include ground attack, electronic warfare, and signals intelligence roles. The United States Air Force considers the F-22 a critical component of the U.S. strike force.[1]

Faced with a protracted development period, the aircraft was variously designated F-22 and F/A-22 during the three years before formally entering US Air Force service in December 2005, as the F-22A. Lockheed Martin Aeronautics is the prime contractor and is responsible for the majority of the airframe, weapon systems and final assembly of the F-22. Program partner Boeing Integrated Defense Systems provides the wings, aft fuselage, avionics integration, and all of the pilot and maintenance training systems.

The F-22 is claimed by several sources to be the world’s most effective air superiority fighter. The US Air Force claims that the F-22 cannot be matched by any known or projected fighter aircraft.[1] Chief of the Australian Defence Force, then-Air Marshal Angus Houston, said in 2004 that the "F-22 will be the most outstanding fighter plane ever built."[5]
link

Stealth drones, GPS-guided smart munitions that hit precisely where aimed; anti-tank bombs that guide themselves; space-relayed data links that allow individual squad leaders to know exactly where American and opposition forces are during battle - the US military rolled out all this advanced technology, and more, in its conquest of Iraq.

The American military is the strongest the world has known, both in absolute terms and relative to other nations; stronger than the Wehrmacht in 1940, stronger than the legions at the height of Roman power. The extent of American military superiority has become almost impossible to overstate. The US sent five of its nine supercarrier battle groups to the region for the Iraq assault. A 10th Nimitz-class supercarrier is under construction. No other nation possesses so much as one supercarrier, let alone nine battle groups ringed by cruisers and guarded by nuclear submarines.

Russia has one modern aircraft carrier, the Admiral Kuznetsov, but it has about half the tonnage of an American supercarrier. The former Soviet navy did preliminary work on a supercarrier, but abandoned the project in 1992. Britain and France have a few small aircraft carriers. China decided against building one last year.

Any attempt to build a fleet that threatens the Pentagon's would be pointless, after all, because if another nation fielded a threatening vessel, American attack submarines would simply sink it in the first five minutes of any conflict. (The new Seawolf-class nuclear-powered submarine is essentially the futuristic supersub of The Hunt for Red October made real.) Knowing this, all other nations have conceded the seas to the US.

For years to come, no other nation is likely to rival American might. Which means the global arms race is over, with the US the undisputed heavyweight champion.
link

Gregg Easterbrook notes the overwhelming superiority of US military hardware, while Christian Lowe notes the overwhelming superiority of US military command and control.

One consequence of this overwhelming US superiority in conventional warfare is that other countries seem to have stopped competing:

The runaway advantage has been called by some excessive, yet it yields a positive benefit. Annual global military spending, stated in current dollars, peaked in 1985, at $1.3 trillion, and has been declining since, to $840 billion in 2002. That’s a drop of almost half a trillion dollars in the amount the world spent each year on arms. Other nations accept that the arms race is over.
link

posted on Apr, 18 2008 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by jkrog08

Finally....we would DESTROY IRAN in HOURS if we wanted to-----------WITHOUT TACTICAL NUKES.

*splutters*

Are you smoking crack?

posted on Apr, 18 2008 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Do you sincerely think that the U.S, EVEN WITH YOUR 'ALLIES' would be able to clear out every single bunker, every single city, every single airstrip, port, train network, military base, and political infrastructure IN A MATTER OF HOURS?

posted on Apr, 18 2008 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Ah....Anti tyrant........Im glad you came to the board.........its not supprising on your stance judging by statements made in previous threads I will not mention here.Yes.....the US,without allies would take down Iran with air strikes within hours(prolly between 36-94)Iran could not stop our cruise missles,stealths,and JDAMS.....Let alone bunker busters,come on man,do you even know what your talking about,,,,,,,,,,,I guess it wil take the US to go to war with Iran to prove to you.

posted on Apr, 18 2008 @ 06:51 PM
link   
*cough*

[ripped from wikipedia

At 5:34 AM Baghdad time on 20 March, 2003 (9:34 PM, 19 Mar 2003, EST) the Iraq Invasion began. [. . .]

On April 9 Baghdad fell, ending Saddam's 24-year rule.

*cough* What? *cough*

It took you 20 days to oust Saddam, and Iran is by all means a far more powerful adversary.

So i'll ask you the same question, do you even know what you're talking about?

[edit on 18-4-2008 by Anti-Tyrant]

posted on Apr, 18 2008 @ 06:53 PM
link   
I'm always amazed at the "nukem into a parking lot" muscle flexers.

Even some third world countries have enough bio chem to wipe out the US. Or at least enough to make everyone pray for death.

If you think a gas mask will be anykind of protection...keep dreaming.

It's a whole new ball game and you guys don't even know the rules.

It's a brave new world, welcome to the monkeyhouse.

[edit on 18-4-2008 by whaaa]

posted on Apr, 18 2008 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by jkrog08
statements made in previous threads I will not mention here.

If you could post links to these threads, it would be most appreciated.

I'm not afraid of your pathetic threats, even if you intend to back them up.

posted on Apr, 18 2008 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Just a reminder...

Please focus on The topic of discussion and Not each other, folks.

Thank you.

» ATS Skunk Works » America is the most powerful nation EVER!!! » Post Reply

posted on Apr, 18 2008 @ 06:58 PM
link   
But by policing the world, we are assuming control of it, no?

It is the pure and unadulterated ignorance of people like the OP who believe we can keep destroying our reputation without falling as a nation.

Sadly to tell you, there is instances in world history of civilizations exponentially more powerful than the US (relative to time) that all have fallen. Why? Well typically it comes from the ideal that they belonged on the soil of other countries.

People like you make me sad for how it could be if we weren't all so egotistical.

posted on Apr, 18 2008 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Hahaha.Okay....Tyrant first.......Why dont you do some MORE research....we had completly destroyed Iraq's military WAY before that......the only reason it took that long is well two reasons................1.)Insurgents-Which I admit there is no good way of dealing with and we should have thought of that before.2.)We didnt want to COMPLETLY destroy Iraq to get to the capitol.We really only used like 20% of our power to secure the capitol.Also I used to think as some of you do as "the US is going to fall,cause we try to police the world."I guess we are like Rome...but with the Internet..lol,so its easier for people to vent frustrations with the US.But in the long run we are securing the prosperity of Earth.You all will see.........come on,do you think these countries regimes will or should last forever?Think about it ......REALLY....think about it,the world would be worse if they were left to grow with their ideals.

We (the planet)all must conform to a Democratic society.....one THAT SEPERATES RELIGION AND STATE...........if not we as a species are doomed to letting myth and stories destroy and hold us back.The US is doing it cause we are the only country that can.

Now lets stay on topic.............the topic is (THE U.S. IS THE MOST POWERFUL NATION IN THE WORLD)...........please someone argue with that,YOU CANT.

posted on Apr, 18 2008 @ 07:11 PM
link   
reply to post by jkrog08

Nope - I have to disagree. In an historical context, the Roman Empire was by far the most powerful nation ever. Period. At their height, they controlled pretty well every nation in the then known world in an iron grip! The British empire comes next. The current US 'empire' is a distant third at best.. History books can be very informative if you actually take the time to read them...

J.

posted on Apr, 18 2008 @ 07:15 PM
link   
reply to post by jkrog08

Heh!...every comment you have made about 'other' nations also apply to the US too!! Hmmm...nothing funnier than someone shooting themselves directly in the foot publicly.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join