It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

America is the most powerful nation EVER!!!

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 02:32 PM
link   
AMERICA!!!! F*CK YEAH!!! HERE TO SAVE THE MOTHER-F*CKING DAY YEAH!!!

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 02:43 PM
link   
How bout take into consideration the fact that it would not be a 1 on 1 battle with Iran considering we are already in Iraq. Lets not forget as well N. Korea is friends with Iran, as well as Venezuela.

One more thing- CHINA AND RUSSIA DO NOT want us disrupting the oil flowing into their countries. For that matter, the Americans with corporations in India and China don't want that disrupted either.

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Ok Jkrog I have read all the posts and I see now a little more where you are coming from.

Id like to highlight a couple things for you real quick though. I have travelled the world extensively, from the orient, to europe, to the middle east, to downunder... One thing that EVERYONE in those places agree with is that most Americans are arrogant sob's that feel their way is right and others ways are wrong and they are always telling others what to do, or the right way to do it. I have seen this for myself and been embarrased to be an American on more than one occasion.

I happen to greatly enjoy a great number of other countries and would easily live there the rest of my life if given the option (Australia and New Zealand come to mind). The people in those countries are smart and have their stuff together. In 2005, Australia's budget was 19 Billion in the surplus (thats the yearly budget) and doesnt include the years before or after... their economy is doing GREAT! I would call that powerful.

If the question is "is The USA the most powerful economic and military nation in the history of mankind' you are probably right... but currently its slipping tremendously.

The danger with your OP is the arrogance and pomposity that as an American, you present to the rest of the world. Its disrespectful at the very least. I understand that maybe wording your topic differently might have been prudent, but you must understand the backlash from our brothers and sisters from across the seas that you will be the target of.

Being an arrogant/know-it-all American is unbecoming of an advancing soul, and looked down upon by a great majority of the worlds population. Its best to avoid it every chance one gets.

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 03:34 PM
link   
YEAH WE MIGHT WIN BECAUSE WE HAVE ALLL THE WEAPONS AND BOMBS
BUT WE AINT GOING TO WIN ECONOMICLY CHINA WILL AND THEY WILL WIN THE WAR WITHOUT A SCRATCH. IF YOU DO READ THE 'ART OF WAR'
SO FAR WE ALL LOSING INSIDE AND OUT.. OUR COUNTRY IS GOING TO IMPLODE THEN EXPLODE THEN A BIG DISASTER. WELL IM JUST TALKING SO I HAVE NOTHING ELSE TO SAY =]

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Jkrog just because you as intelligent as Bush is dose not mean you have to peddle your hate and ignorance here. America coming to the rescue of whom? no one.

I find it quite astonishing when one proclaims to live in the alleged top country on the Planet yet be dumber than cow dung, as I said before troll boy you have been sussed and found wanting.

You have nothing to offer except banging a big drum to get attention, America, home of the brave what a joke, the only true brave Americans are the one's you tried to exterminate a while back.

Your country is turning into Nazi America and people like you think its great, well its ok, when your country has been bombed to crap and your in the bread lines I'm sure you will still think its a great place. As an American you may wish to read up on what your fellow Americans are saying about their country and the direction its is heading, they will be the intelligent ones by the way, so nobody you know.

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Some call it arrogance and some call it self confidence, either way I think it is one of the things that does make America great.
Have you ever noticed that when a person of another nation declares themselves proud they are either commended for it or nothing is said about it?
I've seen several examples of this, proud Australian, proud South African etc.. let an American say it though and suddenly he is an arrogant bastard who deserves to die, some are a little more subtle about saying it and some will say it just like that.
I am a proud American but that doesnt mean I am proud of every decision my "leaders" have made but did you seriously expect a country like us to set on our hands after being attacked several times?
Remember, 911 wasnt the first attack, there was the first WTC attack and the numerous attacks on our military bases and our embassies around the world.
A nation just cant allow that to happen without there being some kind of retaliation and for the record, I believe invading Afghanistan was justified but the second invasion of Iraq wasnt.
I still believe that the war against terrorism is a good idea, I just dont think that weve handled it correctly.

As far as invading Iran goes though, I dont think that we will at least not with the elections going.
I am not at all happy with my Govt for many reasons and Im sure as hell against a war in Iran or with anyone else but dont think for a second that we couldnt win against them.
Your talking about a country that resorted to sending human waves of teenage boys into Iraqi machine guns as a last ditch effort around 20 years ago..
Do you think 20 years and a few toys are going to make them a match for us?

[edit on 4/20/2008 by Kr0n0s]

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 04:44 PM
link   
AndrewTB:

Honestly I think the US could easily attack the whole world (minus china) and win.

This is an incredible boast! Tantamount to personifying ignorance at its most viscereal! You cannot seriously believe such tripe! It is breathtaking how mindsets work such gullible stupidity. America taking on the rest of the world would be annihilated! Period!

I have this thought in my mind that you perceive every foreign plane, every foreign submarine, every foreign missle (conventional and nuclear) being stopped in its tracks by American defence initiatives. America might catch a third at most, leaving two thirds of a gargantuan wave of destruction to saturate the American mainland.

Take a minute aside, here, for a little anticipatory imagination. If you've seen the film 'Cloverfield', you'll no doubt be aware of the amount of destruction (and its consequence) wrought upon the city of New York in that fictitious work. By taking on the rest of the world, you would have to multiply that destruction over a thousand-fold, occuring in every city, every state. Your infrastructure would be wiped of the planet. Your population would be wholly decimated beyond recovery. You would not so much as be bombed and blasted into a stone-age, but totally out of any age.

Of course, the reality would be, in taking on the rest of the world, your military would not be thinking in terms of defending the homeland, but in securing as much wholescale destruction around the planet. It'll simply be a case of taking out as much as possible of the rest of the world before your lights went out for all eternity.

Win! Ha! What's to win? The only reason why your mainland has not been attacked by another country in these contemporary times, is due to your possession of nuclear weapons. Let's face it, you have given ample reason to be attacked over and over again. No doubt, during WW2, a german might have been thinking in similar terms to you sat in what he probably considered to be his safe and sound study in Dresden. British aircraft would have aided him to rethink his stupidity and arrogance by dropping direct experience of all-out-war all over his roof!

While we're on the subject of WW2, where the hell do you American's get off saying that you won the war? You didn't even enter it until 1942. My country had been fighting said war for 4 years on its own against a vastly superior and technologically advanced German military that had overun most of Europe. The deciders to the European theatre of WW2 was the Battle of Britain, and the indefatigable Russian spirit. Germany's concept of a 1000 year Reich was defeated on these two issues. By the time America entered the European theatre, Germany was already on retreat and being engaged by British and other Allied and Commonwealth troops (ie, Canadian and Australian, and others, not American) in Europe and Africa. On the Eastern front, the Russians were laying waste to retreating German troops.

When you did enter the war, and mightly welcomed you were, displaying a bravery and courage as equal to your British and Russian counterparts. You brought with you a infectious confidence that lit up the future with a brightness that declared we were no longer fighting simply for survival, but for a anticipated better future. You did not win the war on your own, and never would have, especially if Germany had over run Britain.

My country is a small country. Compared to America, a mere flea upon its back. I can tell you now, this flea still retains one of the mightiest bites, and can still punch well above its weight. We fear no one...especially terrorists allegedly crawling out of the woodwork. Equally, we do not fear you, for all your might and technology, and I seriously doubt any country does.

If your country attacks Iran, you can say goodbye to your fleet in the Gulf, and also, all your troops in Iraq, for how are going to supply them? If you think you are hated now, wait until you start on Iran. I tell you, you open that can of worms at your peril. Truly, I think you need a good dose of a extra war, like you need a dose of the clap! Perhaps, if the bombs were falling all around you and your family, you would have a rapid change of heart, but until then, you'll probably go on thinking that your technology is somehow going to cause all attacks to bounce off harmlessly into the oceans. What a rude awakening you are in for! The sooner you get it, the better for the world.

End of rant

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 04:48 PM
link   
reply to post by jerico65

There is nothing funny about war or nuclear destruction. We would be better off as a people and a nation if we would get off our fricking high holy horse and stop trying to dictate to the world.

We may be number one among nations but so was Rome, and someone else will be eventually as well.

Get over it. Life is change.

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Jkrog, can i just ask mate, what exactly where you hoping to acheive by this thread?

I think the majority of us would agree that, militarily speaking at least, the US has the edge in just about every facet of modern warfare, i.e., technoloy, training, manpower etc. Although there are many nations that could compete in various areas, for example, european training and experience, chinese manpower, etc, its safe to say that only america can really claim the title belts in most of those fields.

But before that makes your chest swell to much, did that thread about Iran really rub you up the wrong way so much as to go and start a whole new thread to contradict it? Its not so much the principle but the general swaggering bellierence of your opening post, it really just sounded like you wanted a good `ole scrap! Your not really telling us anything new or groundbreaking about US capability.

Like Stumason said, in this little war of words, have all your war objectives been met? or have you got yourself your own incoherent little treaty of Ghent?

Finally by the way. Are you a solider? An airman? A Mariner? Have you much clue about the abhorrent reality of warfare or is it all just a game of Risk to you? Dont mean to sound like a snide remark but by your tone it does make me wonder why you dont go off and enlist yourself......

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 05:02 PM
link   
most powerful nation? no sirree. we were a powerful nation when the people paid more attention to whom they put into office and kept there.

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheSilentProtagonist

But before that makes your chest swell to much, did that thread about Iran really rub you up the wrong way so much as to go and start a whole new thread to contradict it? Its not so much the principle but the general swaggering bellierence of your opening post, it really just sounded like you wanted a good `ole scrap! Your not really telling us anything new or groundbreaking about US capability.

Actually this thread and all the responses are just a microcosm of what the Iranian president actually wanted to achieve in his "Iran is the most powerful nation" statement.

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Kr0n0s

I don't think anyone is saying that Iran is a match for the US. Of course the US can bomb the crap out of Iran. And if the US reintroduced the draft I'm quite sure Iran could be successfully invaded too. But for what ? They don't threaten the continental USA ... and it's debatable whether they threaten US interests in the middle east either.

As to being a proud American, good for you. But there are some countries in the world, mine included, where we don't define our very being based on the flag we happen to wake up under. I can't truelly understand why anyone visits an online forum, especially an international one, and wears their nationality on their sleeve, unless it has some particular relevance to the matter under discussion.

I've been visiting ATS off and on in various guises for many years. The thing which strikes me as noticeable about ATS today is the sheer lack of non-US contributors. ATS is increasingly US-centric and, well, it's less interesting here now than it was before, to me as a "foreigner" anyway. And that's a terrible shame.

I'd be struggling to remember the last time I saw a contributor from continental Europe post here. Perhaps they're all alive, well & posting in a part of ATS I don't visit. Perhaps they don't feel the need to tell everyone their nationality. But I doubt it.

What I see here now is a larger and disproportionate number of US contributors ... very vociferous in their views too and less receptive to the opinion of those from overseas than ever before. It's resulted in a corresponding reduction in the quality of discussion. Ya-boo has almost become the norm rather than the exception. No doubt the forthcoming Presidential election has much to blame (I say forthcoming, it's still months away yet *sigh**memo to the USA**have four week election campaigns*).

I think ATS in its drive to extend itself is in danger of shooting the goose which laid the golden egg. It was because there was less ya-boo here than elsewhere which made it such a great place to visit. It was because you could discuss things with folks all around the world, really interesting things too, in an intelligent way, with mutual respect, amity and in the full knowledge that basically we're all in the same boat together which made it such a stimulating place.

Who knows ? I'm rambling. Just a few thoughts.

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Charity
reply to post by Kr0n0s

I don't think anyone is saying that Iran is a match for the US. Of course the US can bomb the crap out of Iran. And if the US reintroduced the draft I'm quite sure Iran could be successfully invaded too. But for what ? They don't threaten the continental USA ... and it's debatable whether they threaten US interests in the middle east either.

There is much unrealized wisdom in your words. All you have to do is follow the money.

Have you noticed, that if the Iranian president so much as farts, the price of oil goes up?

Thats right, oil interest the world over from Russia to the United States are reaping huge amounts of profits from ongoing middle-east instability. The fact that oil interests own much of the U.S. government tells me that there is more to this Iran situation than meets the eye.

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 06:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Charity

I see lots of non-Americans on this board some will display their country in the location line under their avatar, usually though people just type something lame like i did.
You wont find me starting off every post with "well im an American" and i approve of this message

Most people wont even know my nationality unless they view my profile where I mention my irritability at the generalized USA bashing that used to go on here a lot more than it does now.
I am a patriot and I think that comes from the propaganda that was force fed me during the cold war, its probably the same reason that I have a strong dislike for Russia and China.
Russia is becoming more and more like the days iron curtain every day.
Reporters being executed, a newspaper being shutdown for reporting on Putins mistress, yea thats freedom.
Like people say over and over, disabling a countries military is one thing, occupying the country is completely different and a lot tougher.
You gotta admit though, aside from Iraq, these fanatical islamasists have had it coming for quiet a while. How many airplanes have to fall or subways blown up before people realize that we arent the enemy they are, this was not a pre-emptive strike on our part.

[edit on 4/20/2008 by Kr0n0s]

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Kr0n0s

I do apologise, Kr0n0s, most of my post wasn't really directed at you or what you said, my bad. That wasn't particularly clear. Apols.

It was more a written fart on my part than anything else. Might clear my head but doesn't necessarily clear the air

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 06:36 PM
link   
reply to post by jkrog08

OK , at this point i figure you have to either be a "plant" or your preforming some sort of social experiment

first of yes i believe in UFO, you got a problem with that

You And West Coast must be reading from the same Propaganda pamphlet, because you both spitting the same crap in the same tone

and mostly, WHY
why would anyone come to a site that is 90 % conspiracy, and ufo, then not believe any of it? are you trying to convince everyone that this is all wrong? what is you purpose?

I smell a rat

both of you

what kinda feeling do you get when you read your replies?

America is so great, so why can't it's actions defend it self, why does america need you two to defend it?

i didn't here anything about the drug war, no one answerd about how we arm countries with our old stuff, then attack them, or how Opium production has actually gone up since we started the war

i tell them that nazis migrated secretly to the united states outside project paperclip, and i get called a nazi

West coast throws up a crap load of charts
to prove his faulted points, and it turns out to be from known tainted sources

you call them out, and they reply with nonsense that just leads to other faulty subjects

they have only convinced everyone that they have no clue whats going on outside american mainstream media

who are you 2 trying to convince, because unless your in just complete denial all you have achieved is making yourself look like a couple of High and mighty stroke-offs, and your just really giving americans a bad name

anything else gentlmen, perhaps another crack at native americans?

maybe you'll just keep telling yourself this is all true?

maybe you'll move to a site where they feel similar to you?

or maybe you should stay, It's good to know what the enemy is thinking

and you sure seem willing to tell us

people like you are truly whats wrong with this country, your in someones pocket, and you are totally unaware of it

so barring the exception that you being told to try and feed us this obvious crap( by gunpoint mind you), you are the enemy

look around, read some random threads, and slowly you might get that you are not around like minds

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 06:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Grock

wow

thats way more elegant than i could have put it

but yeah that works too

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 07:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Charity

Hey np.. You know something funny that I dont really understand.. I've met very few English people that I get along with, same with Aussies but every Scot ive met has been really cool.
You know one thing though, were all from the same place... When you count all of the countries that were derived from England, then Great Britain really is "GREAT Britain."

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 07:04 PM
link   
The US has done more for the world than anyone in terms of technology, quality of life and defense against tyranny.

You can spin it how you want, but without the US there is no free world. Not even a New World Older with relaxed policies. Without the US, China would own the world, and strict un-humane principals would be applied to enforce non-political descent. In other words, you don't get a choice. The state owns you, period.

You can bash the US saying how countries have been invaded etc. Most countries (all but the few that have not prospered) have invaded another country at one time or another. Germany going into France and England. China going into Tibet. Japan going into China. The list goes on and on.

What country has killed most of their own people? China. Behind China is Russia in killing most of their own people. This is Communism while not simulating a Western economy to gain an economic advantage.

If Iran were to invade France today? Who would stop it? Surely, not France. Again, the US to the rescue.

Even when France promised to help the colonists fight England in 1776, they did not show up until the battle was over. On purpose of couse, this way they could take Quebec and parts of Canada.

France had never done anything for the US, but the US had done much for France and this is just one example.

Our free-world is threatened with NWO appeasists and the apologists that support them. They believe in China engagment (Obama), believing they'll have a top seat at the UN, when the UN become the world government.

People like Obama are using the the US as thier source of power to achieve their NWO objectives. They do not care about the US as the US.

It should not undo the good things the US has done in the past, nor do many of the people here support our current Candidates as this is becoming more fixed as time passes.

Many of us here are proud, and rightfully so. We want this country to remain the greatest in the world and spread freedom and a better life to those who are tyranized.

Let freedom ring.

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 07:19 PM
link   
reply to post by jetxnet

Germany invaded England ??
*in your dreams*

No, I think you might possibly be mistaken there. England hasn't been invaded from Europe since the year 1066. I'm fairly certain of that. Although what reliance can you place on Ye Olde Hastings Gazette ? Damned mainstream media. Dontchya just hate 'em ?

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join