It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

America is the most powerful nation EVER!!!

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Who's the proud one now? Funny how you bash US citizens for being proud (or claim they have a right to be, but not because the US is great), and then you come back with "In your dreams".

Germany did go for bombing England in 1940.
answers.yahoo.com...

Though it wasn't much, it was an attempt to destroy the RAF so Germany could come in by ground.

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by jetxnet
You can bash the US saying how countries have been invaded etc. Most countries (all but the few that have not prospered) have invaded another country at one time or another. Germany going into France and England. China going into Tibet. Japan going into China. The list goes on and on.

Since when did aerial bombing count as invasion ? In that case Germany invaded Spain in 1937, Britain invaded Germany in 1939, Japan invaded the USA in 1941 and I invaded the Canary Islands by taking a crap on a 737 in 1976.

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 07:39 PM
link   
reply to post by jetxnet

Yea, it was Operation Sea Lion and the Luftwaffe was supposed to take out the RAF ahead of the infantry but England had something to say about that.
Some of the plans that were drawn up to beat back an amphibious landing was to soak the landing beaches and water with petroleum and igniting when the Germans landed on it.

It is worth mentioning though that pretty much the entire english army was allowed to escape at Dunkirk, there are conflicting ideas as to why though.

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 09:03 PM
link   
OK

First of all, i would like to stress that the following is not intended as personal attacks:

West coast:

You warmongering moron. Look at your stupid robocop-avatar, it says everything about you. Go and jack off to future weapons on discovery instead.

jkrog08:

You little ignorant knowitall-kiddie. Keep talking, sh*t some more on yourself and your country. You speculate in how to bomb and kill people you know nothing of. You are an absolutely amazing idiot

You are just as fanatic as the guys who(allegedly)rammed the world trade center. What you guys need is a full war at your own doorstep.

If you cut the constant rambling of freedom and guns, the selfrighteousness and the overly patriotic attitude, you are a good american, and a good earth citizen. Sadly for you two, you are not

Best regards from Eurotrash kilad

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 10:42 PM
link   
Damn these ignorant chest thumping threads! Really! How about some in depth reasoning without the "grease the treads of our tanks with their guts" were better than you nyah nyah BS!!

Heres why the US can crush any nation in so many ways that most of the planet has just plain given up on trying to compete. That reason is called..FORCE PROJECTION!! The ability of the US military to deliver military force of any kind be it a tiny UAV or an entire army to anyplace anytime and seemingly overnight is what truly makes our weapon systems etc. second to none.

A few other nations have weapon systems that match ours or better in terms of
operating lethality but the one thing that they all lack is the US seemingly totally unmatched ability to deliver said weapon system faster, unnoticed and ultimately used to as close to 100% of its lethality/ability than anybody else!

China easily has the manpower and firepower to invade Taiwan. But what they lack almost completely is the ability to move said force from China to Taiwan across the water! Once again they cannot project the force to do it. They also cannot project the logistical force to make it work! The limited and crude transports they have now if used would end up on the bottom along with the invasion force.

When it comes to Iran.....well as much as I detest the reality YES the US can succesfully invade by land because the US and only the US has the ability to clear the way for and succesfully deliver through Irans very limited non mountainous points along their border a land invasion.

Will it be an easy smiting of the Persians? Of course not. No power has ever or will ever win every single battle. Just because their Iranian doesnt make them all bad soldiers. They WILL punch our ticket pretty good a few times. But thats about it. But WAIT! Iran has their own brand of force projection. Its
called "the worlds largest state sponsor of terrorism". Hezbollah, Hamas etc..
are directly controlled by Tehran and can project those forces from beyond their borders. Having absolutely no regard for any kind of human life is terrorisms greatest form of force projection. Example:Iran may well have nuclear weapons, small and crude yes and with no form of a modern rocket to take said warhead more than a couple hundered miles. Then the willingness to smuggle said warhead on foot onto a ship, across the seas and
into huge soft targets make that one crude warhead equal to a small US tactical nuke on a super sophisticated 2-3 million dollar missile that can take out the hardend military targets. But Irans still far to limited militarily to stop the US.

I could go on and on. The examples are so many its staggering. From small arms to invasion forces and especially logistics. No other nation has or may ever have the ability to coordinate, supply, deliver and exercise military force on as many levels as the US.

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 11:14 PM
link   
"China easily has the manpower and firepower to invade Taiwan. But what they lack almost completely is the ability to move said force from China to Taiwan across the water! Once again they cannot project the force to do it. They also cannot project the logistical force to make it work! The limited and crude transports they have now if used would end up on the bottom along with the invasion force. "

China has some force projection now though and are working on their first aircraft carrier. China doesn't need force projection to attach Taiwan. It is very short-range. China's goal is to setup a blockcade keeping US forces out until Taiwanese targets and have been hit and commanders have surrendered.

They have practiced the attack on Taiwan several times.

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 12:30 AM
link   

China has some force projection now though and are working on their first aircraft carrier. China doesn't need force projection to attach Taiwan. It is very short-range. China's goal is to setup a blockcade keeping US forces out until Taiwanese targets and have been hit and commanders have surrendered.

I believe simulations were done a while back, the chinese were successful in subduing the tiny nation, but at great loss to their own side. I believe this simulation was without US intervention, its been a while since I last read it.

However, with US intervention, and naval support, the chinese naval blockade would be about as effective as a hot knife running through butter (hint, chinas the butter).

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 12:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by jkrog08
Further more some claim we are "tyrannical"-----------NO.We are utilizing our international police power to uphold civility in the world.

Finally....we would DESTROY IRAN in HOURS if we wanted to-----------WITHOUT TACTICAL NUKES.

Quoting for ironic contrast. Seriously, do these people actually read what they type before they hit "post reply"?

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 01:09 AM
link   

Blockading the U.S. navy is a stretch but lets just entertain such a thought. If the Chinese blockade Taiwan, the U.S. might be temporarily paralyzed between political factions that want to help Taiwan, that are afraid of China, and that wouldn't mind selling out Taiwan. But China will screw themselves anyways.

Four things can happen to the Chinese.

1. The bombers and fighters from Guam will sink the Chinese navy.

2. Submarine launched cruise missiles will sink the Chinese navy.

3. Japanese fighters launching anti-ship missiles will sink the Chinese navy. Yes the Japanese are very close allies with Taiwan and yes, the Japanese military is quite capable.

4. The Taiwanese airforce will sink the Chinese navy.

The Chinese are just puppies at naval warfare. Two potential enemies that China has to deal with have been playing the naval warfare game for a very long time.

China has to be very, very careful about attacking Taiwan. They have to know that an assault on Taiwan will have to be extremely fast and mobilization for such an attack cannot be discovered.

It is very easy for the Japanese to be involved in such a conflict. The Japanese can easily gain international sympathy and it will be politically easy for the U.S. to fiercely defend Japan (who can easily defend itself against anything short of a nuclear barrage).

The U.S. doesn't even need a carrier group in the region to repel a Chinese attack. In order to gain a good tactical advantage against Taiwan, the Chinese will need to launch a preemptive attack against mainland Japan, Okinawa, Guam, and put holes in Philippine airports just in case. The Chinese need to do this at exactly the same time as they attack Taiwan.

I don't think the Chinese will succeed with such an attack, there are too many players involved, there will be too much panic, and the scary thing is, any assault against Taiwan can easily erupt into a nuclear war.

U.S. forces are everywhere. U.S. allies are, contrary to popular opinion, everywhere. China is correct to feel that the U.S. is encircling them although I don't know if it was deliberate.

The Chinese should know that it would be easier to buy out the Taiwanese and absorb them rather than forcing them.

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 03:15 AM
link   

If the US are such Imperialist than why do we allow all you other countries and citizens of the US to state your opinion......if we were such a "evil empire" than I guess we would just invade you all right........AND COME ON WE COULD WITH EASE.
Thats why Britain is the US's B*tch.............come on now?!

Thinking like that got your dumbass leaders in the # they are in today.
Rebound? I think you are the one who needs to turn off fox news, drag yourself away from the simpsons, and take a real hard look at how deep you are in the # your guvmint created. Your armed forces can't handle a few insurgents in Iraq. How in the hell do you propose to handle a few billion, Mr. We Can Take Over The World? How about China & Russia? Together they would hand you your obese undereducated big mac munchin' asses.
Not to mention the economy is in the crapper, so you don't even have the funds to try,(not that the great decider gives a damn, YOU are the one who is gonna go hungry, not him)
Perhaps you were unaware that your country is broke ass ghetto?
Honestly, are you George Bush? Darth Cheney? Or maybe just too much flouride?

[edit on 21-4-2008 by morthn1waytoskinacat]

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 04:08 AM
link   

This page seems to think that the U.S. will lose a war with Iran.
Iran most powerful nation

Well all I have to say is THERE IS NO WAY THAT THE U.S. WOULD LOSE A WAR WITH IRAN.

Further more some claim we are "tyrannical"-----------NO.We are utilizing our international police power to uphold civility in the world.

Finally....we would DESTROY IRAN in HOURS if we wanted to-----------WITHOUT TACTICAL NUKES.

Oh how the blind will follow. I am guessing by this WE? you are implying that you will take up arms and go to war with Iran? Or are you happy to allow some other mothers child to die for Bush's false wars? You sir are an ***. I bet you have never been outside of your own state, but yet are telling nthe world that America is there to police it. Well, I am sorry, but my people fought long and hard for our freedom and I will be damed if a country like America will tell me what to do. Look after your own country fool, have you seen the state of the place? Credit crunch, more poor than ever and a president that is in cloud 29. Yeah, America, the land of the opressed. Victory for freedom, you sir wanna try living in it for if you think you do in the states then you are even more blind than I first thought.

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 04:57 AM
link   
As for the current state of the US economy.

One needs to address the reality that the US truly IS the engine of the world economy. Just looking at the US economy alone is what makes things look so bad right now. Look at the world economy and how all major currencies in the end are based on and against the dollar in function and design.

Of course the costs of living for us average Americans, to those in power that run the banks/mega corps were just pawns that pay for their tax cuts and especially RATE cuts! Throw in the worlds most expensive health care PLUS in order to keep the US as an attractive market for foreign investors their rates get slashed who do you think pays for that?

The current trend wont last as long as ppl think but it will get worse before it gets better.

The US middle class in the end has the economy of all the G-8 nations balanced on their backs. We middle class Americans pay for the rich to become richer and are still expected to spend as much as we can.

The Fed has made us the slaves of the entire worlds elite. I believe Kennedy was the last pres to attempt to eliminate the Fed. now I can understand why.
America will always be the worlds richest government as the Fed. will always project its force throughout the US govt.

Land of the rich, home of the slaves....

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 06:01 AM
link   

You mean like the US did in Iraq...yeah, that'll work great

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 08:58 AM
link   
reply to post by elysiumfire

Cloverfield?So is your country or China going to send a giant sea monster over here?LOL.........ROFLMA......................
What a dumb ass conparison.

Go on an rant,thats all it is.............you know the truth,thats why you and all your allies(on this thread) argue.......there is no changing your minds.............Im arguing with people from other countries(I admire you patriotism,but lets be real)or people that are "paranoid-dilusional"against the US government.

Someone said this:

brave what a joke, the only true brave Americans are the one's you tried to exterminate a while back.

Could you explain???

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 09:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Amaterasu

What, do you not read everything before posting?Maybe thats why you sound so ignorent?...............Or does it take you a whole day to sit there and think of something "brilliant"to say?!

Also I never said that evey nation needs to be a patriot of the US...............Every citizen of every country needs to be a patriot of THEIR country........dont put words in my mouth.

Also I supposse you have inside information that proves you saying our own government perpetrated 9/11?????????????Im not saying we didnt,I never said my government was good.......just powerful.

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 09:11 AM
link   
I presume he meant the native americans indians, as in their "braves" or warriors. Or i could just be an idiot.

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 09:24 AM
link   
reply to post by jkrog08

As a UK resident (one of your 'allies') I think you need to take a step back and think about what you are saying. If the rest of your nation had the same point of view as yourself, you probably would have provoked most of the world into a joint attack on you and believe me.. you most certainly would not 'win'. tactical attacks on DC and New York would cause your country major problems, you are not the only nation with an airforce, navy, nukes and conventional bombs. You WOULD get your ass whooped.. sorry to pour the rain of reality onto your disposable barbecue.

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 09:34 AM
link   
reply to post by goukilock

Ok,Ill take you on now(From your lil' clique that as all put me as a foe..........lol,keep um coming boss

So cause I authored this thread I dont believe in UFOs or conspiracies?

I prolly believe in UFOs and conspiracies more than YOU DO.You should have took the time to look at some of the *popular*threads I started before opening your *ignorent*mouth
...........(Im guessing you went to my profile,since you put me as a foe,you shoulda looked around some

Im a disinfo agent or performing a social experiment............NOPE-just posting a thread in response to counter the other one that had so many people denying the OBVIOUS............

Also keep in mind the US (like someone said aftr your *ignorent*post) is a balancing power.Do you think Britain,France(lol),Inida,Germany,or Iran(lol)could or would be able to counter China or Russia trying to put their communist beliefs on the rest of the world?No...........sorry................the only reason that Europe isnt already communist is because the US-the balance of power.................Just think about it(Im sure you wont)

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Just a reminder...

PLEASE keep responses focused on the topic of discussion and NOT each other's character and or person.

Thank you.

» ATS Skunk Works » America is the most powerful nation EVER!!! » Post Reply

[edit on 21-4-2008 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 10:16 AM
link   
Chinas about as communist as i am chinese.

And im not exactly Jet Li myself.

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join