It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Disinformationists....where?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by OzWeatherman

" Its not intended to be a witch hunt, the intention was to name someone, and give a reason why, and then hopefully have the accused defend their actions"

I'd say by now, you've come to realize that this won't work.

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 06:05 PM
link   
This website seems very much like a black hole..nothing seems to escape..it is drawn in and dissected and then discarded. Moderators and Site Owners under the guise of maintaining order and decorum control what ideas are allowed to flourish..killing off threads ..controlling who is allowed to contact who.
BLACK HOLES are at their heart so supremely dense that light itself can never escape...I think thats a perfect description of this place. Abandon all hope all ye who enter here.
Your mileage may vary. Not responsible for advice not taken.

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by SUNRAY06
This website seems very much like a black hole..nothing seems to escape..it is drawn in and dissected and then discarded.

Now this I can entirely agree with...most salient points and opinions get twisted and lost in the chaos of rhetoric and info-tainment.

Love your signature.

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 06:10 AM
link   
Some good points here, just read the full thread.

I believe there are some DIAs here.
Someone stated that why would the govt. spend money hiring ppl to create disinformation here ?
Well, you dont need much money or time to insert disinfo on some forum. Just get one agent you already have and give him an assigment of 5 mins to put some info over the net.
Actually the net must be the fastest/cheapest way to spread disinfo around the world.

Some one stated too that how funny how sometimes dumb post follows a "powerpost".
That means nothing.
Normally one disinfo agent will have much more accurate information about the subject beign discussed than anyone here thus allowing him/her to present more solid "proof".

I agree partially with what someone said previously.
That there is no need for DIAs here because some ppl believe so blindly at the govt. that one rumor is all it takes to make these "sheeps" to vouch for them.

Anyway, i still believe there are DIAs here.
The best area at ATS to spot these so called DIA is at the 9/11 area. (i mean back then)
There's so much contradictory information (the objective of disinfo) there, its almost impossible to reach some conclusion.
Sometimes the posts are so well ellaborated and have so much background on some frivolous details that makes one think; how can someone, with so much intelligence, capable of so well structured post, ever believe in such thing.

Well, here is how i try to spot the so called DIAs:
1.) They are most of the time on the govt. side.
(they could be against, releasing some "false" truth but normally its easily debunked)
2.) They try to discredit/attack personally those with VERY valid ideas.
3.) They go against all logic. Even tho they seem very intelligent with their well developed post, they still refusing to even accept the option that they could be wrong and keep with the non sense they defend.
4.) They try to enforce their ideas instead of sharing their point of view.

So far i've reached the conclusion of what i believe its 2 DIAs.
I wont say the names, would be rude since i have no proof. Just like i cant prove im not one either.

As state before me (damn, im always late to express myself..
), the best option is to read between the line.

/just my 2 cents

[edit on 16/4/08 by Krpano]

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 08:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Krpano

Thanks for contributing something more meaningful than some herein. I would tend to think however, that unless one takes a very casual approach to DI, it really requires more planning, and monitoring to ensure you have actually done more that just 'spoken DI'. Unless things have changed in the world of HUMINT since my day - and it very well may have - insertion of disinformation has to be 'measured' to gauge it's effectiveness. It used to require follow-up and even an occasional 'booster-shot' - but you may be more in tune with newer approaches r- especially since the internet/forum crowds became of concern.

As for those considering this a waste of time. I offer you this small consolation, it's our time to waste. If you're in a friendly mood, consider "We waste our time so you don't have to." If you are only inclined to ridicule and deride the discussion - leave. Your comments won't be missed.

OP - Apologies for taking the liberty of being so abrupt with some posters who don't want to contribute - they just want to speak.

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by dizziedame

I find it difficult to believe there are disinformation agents posting in ATS forums.

Having had to have federally mandated certifications for several jobs I have done over the years it has become apparent that, believe it or not, the federal budget is tight. I've been in classrooms with a projection room but no equipment. It was common for instructors to not have necessary items to use in the classes and was always given the same explanation as to why the lack of what was needed......not enough money.

Yes, we are spending gross amounts of our tax dollars for our military, government salaries and excessively priced services for our government.
But it is a pick and choose game and it seems unreasonable for the PTB to pay agents to infiltrate internet sites.

Just because the U.S. Government doesn't have enough money to openly infiltrate internet forums doesn't mean the illuminati doesn't. For all we know this site could be run by "them."

Okay, i'm sorry - i'm purposefully spreading the seeds of paranoia here aren't i?

I think that's one of the best things you can do to counter widespread ignorance.

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 11:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by IvanZana

Originally posted by OzWeatherman
reply to post by dizziedame

I completely agree with you.

It is absurd to think that the government would waste time, money and resources on presenting false inofrmation on ATS.

That is a typical shill comment lol.

Why wouldnt they. Thousands of viewers have a chance to read some truth before the shills come on a try to kill the thread.

Please explain what threads have been killed mysteriously and not by ATS staff?

There is nothing that says stuff that is posted here is truth. And for some reason people think that the government wants to come here to silence a few deluded souls who think every conspiracy theory is true even if there is no evidence to suggest it.

Yeah I can just imagine a guy in a suit wearing dark glasses, furiously typing comments on why reptilians dont exist, just in case members of the public start believing it and cause widespread panic

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 11:46 PM
link   

On behalf of all the guys in suits wearing dark glasses and trying to suppress information on reptilians for the benefit of the public, I hardily object.

Please stop spreading common sense in these threads. The economy is poor, and some of us have mortgages to pay.

Thank you,

posted on Apr, 17 2008 @ 12:34 PM
link   
i believe it it only makes sense, consider this occams razor? i dont know exactly what occams says but i dont really believe it...... rather more sensibly occams shovel and pile o crap take all the theorys opinions bs blah blah blah pile it all up and the stuff that is totally unfeasible WILL stick out like a sore thumb....... and i gotta be honest abductions blackops reptilians mkultra illuminati trauma based mind control the FED greys whites blacks greens pinks extraversals hyperversals roswell 911 gulf of tonkan higher spiriuality(moreso than most of us are familiar with) chupacabras bigfoot lochness.......whew what mouthful, all of that stuff seems perfectly feasible to me and i think about it all .. exclusively its all i think about i m a freak a basketcase but what i dont think is feasible is all the socially acceptable crap that were taught from birth you know what kinda crap i mean just from my tone im still on the fence about the bible jesus christ i want to believe it just doesnt seem likely .......... im listening to alex jones right now talking about christianity and its being used to cause us to accept iron fist rule...... little off the sub but my point is IF THE ABILITY IS THERE THE WILL IS THERE THE SUGESTION IS THERE IT IS PROBABLY HAPPENING...... AND I LEAVE YOU WITH MY MANTRA ... IF ITS SOCIALLY ACCEPTABLE IT IS PROBABLY WRONG sorry OP didnt mean to hijack

posted on Apr, 17 2008 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by refuter
i believe it it only makes sense, consider this occams razor? i dont know exactly what occams says but i dont really believe it...... rather more sensibly occams shovel and pile o crap take all the theorys opinions bs blah blah blah pile it all up and the stuff that is totally unfeasible WILL stick out like a sore thumb....... and i gotta be honest abductions blackops reptilians mkultra illuminati trauma based mind control the FED greys whites blacks greens pinks extraversals hyperversals roswell 911 gulf of tonkan higher spiriuality(moreso than most of us are familiar with) chupacabras bigfoot lochness.......whew what mouthful, all of that stuff seems perfectly feasible to me and i think about it all .. exclusively its all i think about i m a freak a basketcase but what i dont think is feasible is all the socially acceptable crap that were taught from birth you know what kinda crap i mean just from my tone im still on the fence about the bible jesus christ i want to believe it just doesnt seem likely .......... im listening to alex jones right now talking about christianity and its being used to cause us to accept iron fist rule...... little off the sub but my point is IF THE ABILITY IS THERE THE WILL IS THERE THE SUGESTION IS THERE IT IS PROBABLY HAPPENING...... AND I LEAVE YOU WITH MY MANTRA ... IF ITS SOCIALLY ACCEPTABLE IT IS PROBABLY WRONG sorry OP didn't mean to hijack

Nice stream of consciousnesses, do me a favor, break it up from time to time with line breaks - my IQ has been dropping steadily since 90's.

You have an approach reminiscent of : "Motive - Means - Opportunity" Stick to that and we'll be able to weed out the noise and chaff.

posted on Apr, 17 2008 @ 02:08 PM
link   
yeah i was goin for guiness record run sentence

thanks for the validation didnt even think about that motive method opportunity thing

but seriously why wouldnt uncle sam spend a few mil to throw us off we could have sum force and effect if we get together and agree on sum basic points

but look how easily the disinfo can cause battle lines to be drawn among us its delphi technique as a doctrine ive noticed myself having effect as a DIA if you will just out of having an ignorant argumentative way of being

we just need a little more organization although maybe not neccecarily leadership in the traditional sense...... ive always considered heirarcy type systems highly corruptible and a bad idea

i think its been said already , sumthin to the effect of USE YOUR COMMON SENSE ...... THATS ALL I DO ive no training didnt finish high school and im blue collar! yet look how perfect my my of thinking is

There, I can use some semblance of grammar.

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 07:43 PM
link   
Wow this threads still going? i see a lot of people getting paranoid that people in this very thread are disinfo's but wouldn't they avoid a thread such as this like the plague? everyones on guard and looking for them here AND every time they comment they would be bumping a thread any decent disinfo would rather see fade away

Just something to think about

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by HuntaXX
i see a lot of people getting paranoid that people in this very thread are disinfo's but wouldn't they avoid a thread such as this like the plague?

You know, I thought that exact same thing when I created this thread. I didnt think anyone would come on here isf they seriously thought disinfo agents were a fact...lol

Yet they came in droves....

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 09:57 PM
link   
reversenonantidisinfoagents lol

posted on Apr, 24 2008 @ 04:09 AM
link   
I think there is a problem no one is looking at here. If you dont believe that little green or grey men are zipping around the southwest you are called a disinfo agent. Or if you have a problem with the idea that American Airlinles is spraying us with liquid cancer or whatever. I am not paid by any men in black to be a ass, I just dont believe everything I read. I respect most everything people say, or I would not spend hours reading this stuff. But I expect the same.

posted on Apr, 24 2008 @ 04:34 AM
link   
Last night I had dinner with one of your famous ex-members and participants who I had laughing so hard that he almost made himself sick. As I told him, I followed him here and thought this was a serious forum for serious people, to be taken seriously. He reminded me that even an 8 year old with a computer and internet access could participate and that if our government thought for a moment there was any threat or serious subversive potential, the site would be shut down before the sun set. He's a kind man and went on to explain that it was not "disInformation Agents" I was dealing with, it was.. I don't want to offend so I won't repeat verbatum.

Anyway, and as SkepticOverLord obviously knew and tried to tell me; I have taken all of this entirely too seriously and am greatly relieved knowing that none of the members are guarding our missles or running the country.

/Cheers

posted on Apr, 24 2008 @ 09:24 PM
link   
i cant resist , futile as it may be i must challenge what i view as ignorance...... and in response to poster with such a nifty avatar, oh well!

Major Karma sir (sarcastic) WTF! as i have stated before method motive opportunity

if you refuse to believe that propaganda or disinformation is being carried out the world over on such a massive scale as to permeate every facet of life for nearly every person alive, well then there is no hope for you, i cant even put words to the situation except to say LOOK AROUND! with so many things that dont make sense in the world there is an obvious reason, that reason is, bull$hi+, were neck deep in it buddy.

i must say in advance please forgive my grammar, confrontational style,redneck disposiyion and my nasty outlook. that said this is not an attack on you just a frustrated attempt to wake up my fellow man........... our world is not sunshine and lollipops on the contrary it is very nasty very cruel in fact so cruel as to say if you can imagine it (they) can and will do it, atrocities that is.......if you dont believe this just stick around a while, you'll see

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 12:57 PM
link   

I found a nice article about pseudo-skepticism on wikipedia. Care to read it? Probably not so I will post it to save you the trouble.

While a Professor of Sociology at Eastern Michigan University in 1987, Truzzi gave the following description of pseudoskeptics:
In science, the burden of proof falls upon the claimant; and the more extraordinary a claim, the heavier is the burden of proof demanded. The true skeptic takes an agnostic position, one that says the claim is not proved rather than disproved. He asserts that the claimant has not borne the burden of proof and that science must continue to build its cognitive map of reality without incorporating the extraordinary claim as a new "fact." Since the true skeptic does not assert a claim, he has no burden to prove anything. He just goes on using the established theories of "conventional science" as usual. But if a critic asserts that there is evidence for disproof, that he has a negative hypothesis --saying, for instance, that a seeming psi result was actually due to an artifact--he is making a claim and therefore also has to bear a burden of proof.[3]

Truzzi attributed the following characteristics to pseudoskeptics:

The tendency to deny, rather than doubt [4]
Double standards in the application of criticism [5]
The making of judgments without full inquiry [6]
Tendency to discredit, rather than investigate [7]
Use of ridicule or ad hominem attacks in lieu of arguments[8]
Pejorative labeling of proponents as 'promoters', 'pseudoscientists' or practitioners of 'pathological science.'[9]
Presenting insufficient evidence or proof [10]
Assuming criticism requires no burden of proof [11]
Making unsubstantiated counter-claims [12]
Counter-claims based on plausibility rather than empirical evidence [13]
Suggesting that unconvincing evidence is grounds for dismissing it [14]

Have fun trying to debunk this.

posted on May, 9 2008 @ 06:14 PM
link   
This site has much more of a problem with misinformation than disinformation. With hundreds or thousands of mutually contradicting views on reality, and only one truth, the vast majority of content on these forums is dead wrong. What we have here is not a search for truth by accumulating and examining the possibilities- what we have is a site for collecting alternative views into one place so people can cherry pick parts that match their own views, and discard the rest as misguided.

Whether through intentional trolling, actual disinformation, insanity, or ignorance, a lot of really dumb things get posted and *accepted* on here.

The problem, of course, is sorting it all out, which is what we should be doing.

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 11:00 AM
link   
I’d love to name ALL the names, along with proof positive records of all occurrences, and that’s exactly what I was trying to do before, so take a wild guess why that didn’t happen and why this post is anonymous? Even if it’s anonymous only to the regular ATS members, while my IP is still tracked and logged by ATS data-base.

There are plenty of sites with ATS – EXPOSED info.

Here are some of them;

ATS WATCH forum;

www.realityuncovered.net...

ATS EXPOSED blogs;

matrix50.blogspot.com...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

It’s all there, plain and simple.

I wonder how long it will take them to erase/edit this post : )

Enjoy!

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join