It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Disinformationists....where?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrAndy
Certainly if we were able to identify and provide proof then they would be terrible agents.

Precisely!!!

"They" would have to pose as "good", patriotic, truth-seeking, ignorance-denying members at least SOME of the time.............

Paranoid yet everyone?

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 09:01 PM
link   
this is another...like the many... do aliens like mustard threads... hope u get alot of points and can exchange them for your ats car!!! troll alert

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by redseal
exchange them for your ats car!!!

Oh it's cool as hell too.....just looked out the window....and they still spinnin'!!

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 09:18 PM
link   
interesting thread to say the least

> Although I agree with your challenage, I dont think anyone will answer
> because it is much easier to throw around the accusations when
> someone presents information to you, that you yourself can not
> dispute....then to try and proove to everyone why you think someone
> is a disinfo agent.

still figuring out the controls... anyway, the interesting part to me is that after readin this site for a long time - but never posting until today - i see that there are a great number of woderful researchers. however, there has been no mention of standard techniques to see who is really who on this site. to be sure, some of you come in from tor "protected" sites, or other "anonymous" sites, but many of you do not. thus, a quick and dirty use of an ethernet port in promiscuous mode yields usernames and passwords. not being a "blackhat" i could care less. but the point is that this often gives enough information back to a person to do a search and determine affiliations, etc. ultimately answering the question "disinformationsits... where?"

just a thought.

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by redseal
this is another...like the many... do aliens like mustard threads... hope u get alot of points and can exchange them for your ats car!!! troll alert

This has nothing to do with getting points....did you even read why I posted this thread or are you just in a bad mood?

I haven't ever traded any points for anything and I never will, so get over yourself and go find someone that really is a troll (Maybe you are considering the title of your latest post, Do Aliens play tic tac toe)

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by OzWeatherman
reply to post by Creo Coactum

Please stop posting youtube links and explain why you think all of us are disinfo agents. You havent explained anything

Maybe your just one of those people that posts useless unrelated BS

So what? He's trying to make a point. For the amount of time that I have been reading here I noticed the first page of responses are almost always from the same people. Their goal is to quickly slam, ridicule, and embarrass the OP. They make their remarks and then move on to another post. I don't know about the disinfo agent bit, but I am confident there is a pattern to this BS. I would safely bet that they spend an awful amount of time here at this site doing just that and I doubt they have posted any "conspiracy" thoughts of their own. Have you? Why are you here? Since 11/8/2007, how many posts have you made? And what percentage of those were to "set things straight?"

You're calling out the ones who believe you are a disifo agent, well I have a saying....

One who looks under the bed, hides under the bed.

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 10:27 PM
link   
reply to post by OzWeatherman

I didn't read anything other than the OP's original post, nor should I since I am simply going to comment--not ACCUSE. First off, starred and flagged Oz; I agree with you. I think the people tossing accusations resort to that sort of tactic when the other presents material that supports a non-conspiracy premise. The government may indeed monitor this website, like many others, but I doubt that they employ people to spread disinformation. However, there may or may not be "disinformationists" on this website but I assure you that they're operating independent of any covert agency and probably exist just to annoy more than anything. Unfortunately, the label gets smacked on people like Oz that are just presenting their views.

PS considering the nature of this website, I think someone should modify the spell check to make "disinformationist" a word. God I hate those red lines under anything I type!

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlySolo

Originally posted by OzWeatherman
reply to post by Creo Coactum

Please stop posting youtube links and explain why you think all of us are disinfo agents. You havent explained anything

Maybe your just one of those people that posts useless unrelated BS

So what? He's trying to make a point. For the amount of time that I have been reading here I noticed the first page of responses are almost always from the same people. Their goal is to quickly slam, ridicule, and embarrass the OP. They make their remarks and then move on to another post. I don't know about the disinfo agent bit, but I am confident there is a pattern to this BS. I would safely bet that they spend an awful amount of time here at this site doing just that and I doubt they have posted any "conspiracy" thoughts of their own. Have you? Why are you here? Since 11/8/2007, how many posts have you made? And what percentage of those were to "set things straight?"

You're calling out the ones who believe you are a disifo agent, well I have a saying....

One who looks under the bed, hides under the bed.

Sigh

Please read the apology I sent to this poster and his response a couple of pages ago

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 10:31 PM
link   
Ok here it is CaptainObvious in this thread Disinfo agent he seems to fit the profile of a disinfo agent by ignoring all the facts laid on him, not giving anything else a chance and still clinging 100% to his belief that he is right, and every body else isn't. I'm nos saying he is a disinfo agent and that Im 100% sure he is, all Im saying is that he fits the profile of an entitiy spreading disinformation and/or ignoring every piece of evidence offered in the thread let alone clearly acting childish.

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 10:34 PM
link   
If anyone wants to anonymously post a list of "suspected" disinfo agents feel free to u2u me their names and I will post them here. I will not under any circumstance reveal the identity of those who give me names.

I feel as though some may be intimidated and may not want to post anything as they know they will be flamed endlessly until they disappear. I'm very interested in this subject as I wouldn't put it past the PTB to actively engage in disinformation tactics wherever possible. It fits their MO and makes sense to me. ATS among other places seems like it would be a fairly strategic target, a great place to start muddying the waters.

So anyways

I'll be waiting...

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 10:34 PM
link   
I bought a new convertible Corvette with all of my ATS points.

Loving it!

That's why I only have 11,000 or so left, but it was worth it....Love the car!!

WW

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 10:51 PM
link   
reply to post by OzWeatherman

Excuse me if I didn't read the apology, sorry. I like to read the headlines here for the entertainment value and don't usually read entire threads. I needed to respond as soon as I saw red or I would lose my thunder. However, I am serious about those who always answer threads first. It's their agenda to start bullying and it really pisses me off. (can I say that?) Disinfo or not, but if there is such a thing then I can see why people are starting to believe that. If I weren't so lazy I could go through this site and make a record of all the same people who do this. So, in conclusion, if there are no such things as disinfo agents at ATS, then that only leaves two things. Bullies and trolls.

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blueracer
If I had to pick one, I'd pick John Lear. Some of his claims were just crazy. But he has "credibility" so a lot of people believe everything he says.

Also, Piacenza. What got me was when he posted a video of birds and claimed it was "incredible alien morphing technology". And Lear chimed in that Piacenza might actually have something.

Look up their threads if you don't believe me.

I dont think John Lear posts disinformation, he's just nuts (but saying that he's an ok guy)

I dont know how he gets all his information though, its a bit suspicious. In my opinion he just sits down before he comes on ATS (has he been banned?) and goes "right, what crazy theory shall I post today)

Now off to check out Piacenza

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 01:44 AM
link   
Surely a disinformation agent is someone who is employed (by some agency or other) to pass on information which they know to be incorrect in order to divert attention from the truth?

In which case, I don't believe there are any disinfo agents posting on ATS

There are however many people who genuinely believe stuff which is not true - in many cases because they've come across it from other sources on the web and are now (for whatever reason) reluctant to accept that what they've previously heard or read in not correct. For some, I sure, this is simply because they want to believe it. Just like Fox Mulder

There may well also be some who just enjoy taking a devil's advocate stance and arguing for something totally daft just for fun and to see what reaction they get (and maybe also, in the process, to get people thinking for themselves). Someone like John Lear might well fit in that category?

It's possible some of those 'other sources on the web' have been created by disinfo agents, though even that I find unlikely.

But maybe I'm just not paranoid enough?

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 02:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Anti-Tyrant

Even though you lost your original post, what you've written here is also very good. You've raised some very valid points. What you are doing is making people think, and that should be the point of this, as well as so many other threads out there.

I would like to repeat 2 things I've previously said:

1. Sincere group effort leads to unexpected results - mainly, unraveling the truth. With this planet under so tight control, unraveling the truth is certainly an unexpected result (at least from my point of view).

2. Your enemy is your best teacher.

I have impression I won't have to interfere with this thread too much. "Pseudo-skeptics" (I fell in love with that term the first time I saw it in another thread, which was quite recently
) will avoid this thread like a plague (or maybe they won't, but then they will be shredded to pieces; it's a good practice as well - being shredded to pieces... by the way).

Hmm... 3 more pages to browse through... Let me see if my impression is telling me the truth.

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 03:28 AM
link   
Well, so far so good. No genuine "disinfo agents" on the sight [looking through binoculars, checking on the surroundings]...

Therefore, I conclude that we are (so far) safe to discuss this matter. A post or two of (amteurish) attempts at raising the temperature will not pose any significant threat. Observers are welcome to join.

Just a couple of minutes ago, while reading some of the responses, an idea came to my mind. Maybe we have been using a wrong term all along.

"Disinfo agents"?

Hmm... It does sound like it describes someone who is payed to post on online forums. How silly does that sound? Pretty silly to me, I must admit. How about this instead...

"Information cleaners"?

Someone, whom I've recognized (by my impression; no proof for it, whatsoever) as a genuine government-employed-guy (a very sincere, disapointed, even tricked-into-service guy), mentioned the word - "cleaners". A perfectly logical and valid word from my perspective.

So, let's assume a following scenario...

When a piece of information (that is not supposed to be in public domain) surfaces somewhere on the net, a BIG RED flashing flag (something like on a planet ticket scanner monitor, on airports) pops up, a guy is suddenly awaken from his hours-long slumber (after all, how often do these things happen? not very often, I would guess).

He quickly jumps to his chair, and starts browsing through the topic being discussed. And, bingo! There is something worth his time after all!

"Oh, joy and happiness! I get to do SOMETHING today!" [the guy thinks to himself]

So, the guy, depending on how much he likes his job, starts pulling all the tricks he was taught in his "evening school of counter-intelligence" (provided by the "service"... as a replacement for the hollidays he'll never get), and by doing so, inevitably, he reveals those tricks to the observing public (some may notice, some may not, but nevertheless, it's all there in plain sight).

But, he's a clever student of counter-intelligence, yes he is. He knows that his job is not to draw attention to himself. That would be counter-productive (and not counter-intelligence), so he just slips in to give a point or two, derail a topic even if just for a little, and then quietly sneak away, leaving all those kids eager for recognition to use this mis-info and try to make some names for themselves.

Counter-intelligence agent will never use the same nick more than a handful of times. It would beat the purpose of his job if he could be identified on the spot. Thus, what you can see is nikcs and nicks being created out of thin air, many on the same day they are being used to post, all of them pulling the topic in, more or less, the same mis-direction.

Someone mentioned examples? Well, fortunately for both you and me, here's one perfect example. See if you can spot those nicks on first sight. I give a small hint somewhere in the middle of that thread.

[Disclaimer notice: Again, this is all purely from my own impressions. There is absolutely no proof that what happened in that thread is what I have just described here.]

www.abovetopsecret.com...

[Added after ATS came back online...]
And how strange is that for a coincidence!

This is (only) the second time I am trying to post something (reasonably) worthy, and ATS falls down on its knees. Let me see... The time between my first "Preview Post" and ATS going down...

Hmmm... Under 5 minutes.

Hey, that's a one heck of a result! Real-time scanning of forum posts, all the processing of keywords, phrases etc... in less than 5 minutes! I am impressed! I trully am! Someone could even calculate the processing power of those servers that are being used for monitoring. Couple of teraflops perhaps? Dozens of teraflops? Hundreds? Wow! How much ahead of commercial application is that?

Can you do simulations as well? I've heard A.I. is pretty intelligent now. Can it emulate a living person? You know, like "pattern recognition", and "behaviour prediction", and stuff...?

Hey, maybe we're not dealing with flesh-and-blood guys here at all! Skynet has taken over the control, and we're all doomed...! Doomed I tell ya!!!

Sorry, I just have to poke fun with these people. They have absolutely no idea what direction they are heading in... so I like to give them a hint or two in jokes I know they won't get.

Too stiff they are... Yessir... too stiff... for their own good.

[edit on 14-4-2008 by elendal]

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 04:12 AM
link   
They are everywhere! On this board, on the news, in the street. Brainwashed!!

I suggest everybody gets a caption for foreign news stations as a replacement to watching the western ones, because were reporting all the garbage that just brainwashes children and lies!

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 04:20 AM
link   
*sighs*

Well, instead of pointing the finger of blame, which ultimately solves nothing seeing as even if you take down one, another two will take his place, we should probably be researching methods of deflecting disinformation instead of researching methods of detecting disinfo agents.

Disinformation is here to stay, it would seem (correct me if i'm wrong, please).

Naturally, one could look at this very post and take the viewpoint that i'm trying to protect the identity of disinfo agents - think nothing of it, what i am attempting to highlight is how if we all simply remain vigilant with the annihilating and purifying Truth that destroys ignorance wherever it rears it's ugly head, then Disinfo agents don't really have a leg to stand on.

You don't need to know the enemy, to understand where he's coming from.

[edit on 14-4-2008 by Anti-Tyrant]

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 05:42 AM
link   
reply to post by bartholomeo

Good job i think you may be right. not just from his tendencies to ignore proof in favor of taking the governments side but also based on lack of personal info a few select people on his friends list i already suspect are disinfo's and intuition. im not going to go as far as making topics to out these guys because it would be pointless even with a good ammount of prrof but i do like to know who is trustworthy and who is not

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 05:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Anti-Tyrant
You don't need to know the enemy, to understand where he's coming from.

But, I must respectfully disagree.

It's a war here and out there. A very real, tangible war. Anyone who hasn't seen that by now has missed the whole point of information-dis-information "thing" going on.

As Sun Tzu said in his "Art of War"...

One who knows the enemy and knows himself will not be in danger in a hundred battles.

One who does not know the enemy but knows himself will sometimes win, sometimes lose.

One who does not know the enemy and does not know himself will be in danger in every battle.

Source

Those are very wise words. One should really think about them. Especially because I've been seeing "signs", and "coincidences" all over the place, indicating that this year will indeed be a special one.

No, not signs as in "miracles", and "visions", and all of that stuff... Just simple, almost unnoticable psychological signs. People doing or saying things unconsciously, not knowing themselves what it all means, but sensing, feeling, perceiving something on the move.

Like a giant tsunami in the distance, blowing just a slow breeze in front of it... then, suddenly, the breeze turning into a gust of wind... and soon after, the wave coming crashing down... covering all.

You will forgive me, but I like to sound poetic sometimes. Probably just some unfulfilled subconscious poetic wish lurking inside... jumping out from time to time.

Anyway, let's get back to the topic. I would like to hear other people's opinions about dis-info agents, or information cleaners, or whatever one decides to call them.

Here's a concrete question to get things started.

Can someone look for some concrete examples of counter-intelligence efforts during the World War 2? Both Allies', and Axis' (of Evil!?)?

Hey, they had Axis in those times as well!

Isn't that strange? Especially if you know (and that can be found on the net) that U.S. of A. used to finance Nazi Germany prior (and some say even during!) the WW2. U.S. banks (all the last names you find on the list today) financed Nazi war efforts.

Some even say a U.S. general (retired at the time, now long gone) was (well, attempted to be) recruited just prior to WW2 to make a military coup which would bring Nazi supporters (yes, bankers, and industrials) in power in the U.S. They would have had their clown at the helm, of course, just to not be so darn obvious, but it would be them, behind the curtains, pulling all the strings. Sounds familiar, like history repeating itself again?

Fortunately for all of us living today (especially for those in U.S.), the general played them out, and practically handed them over to U.S. government (which at the time wasn't completely innocent of its own crimes against its own people, but at least it wasn't a fashist one). From what I could gather, some of the "elites" were left in their positions (with war efforts and all, you can't just imprison or kill the biggest bankers and industrials the country has, can you?). Those were the seeds of bankers and industrials we see today. They really haven't changed a bit from what I can see.

But, none of this is the point of this thread...

So, how about some examples of counter-intelligence? People learn best from examples, you know.

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join