It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Disinformationists....where?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2008 @ 10:09 PM
link   
OK, first to the mods. Hopefully this thread isn't deleted and I am sorry if it breaks the conduct rules (I did check them). It was not intended to be offensive to anyone

I have seen many members throw accusations at other members calling them government agents/disinfo agents/ trolls etc etc. My self being on the recieving end of a couple of these too

So here's a challenge to all the users throwing the accusations around. Why dont you name the members you think are trying to mislead the ATS population and why you think they are providing false info or covering up stuff? Lets keep it civil and mature though and let members have the option to defend themselves if necessary

Oh and feel free to add me to your list if you must

posted on Apr, 12 2008 @ 10:45 PM
link   
reply to post by OzWeatherman

Thank you for addressing this subject. The insistence by some members that there are government disinformation agents posting on ATS has bothered me since I have been enjoying my time reading threads here.

I find it difficult to believe there are disinformation agents posting in ATS forums.

Having had to have federally mandated certifications for several jobs I have done over the years it has become apparent that, believe it or not, the federal budget is tight. I've been in classrooms with a projection room but no equipment. It was common for instructors to not have necessary items to use in the classes and was always given the same explanation as to why the lack of what was needed......not enough money.

Yes, we are spending gross amounts of our tax dollars for our military, government salaries and excessively priced services for our government.
But it is a pick and choose game and it seems unreasonable for the PTB to pay agents to infiltrate internet sites.

Are we that important to the alphabet organizations? I doubt it.

posted on Apr, 12 2008 @ 11:16 PM
link   
reply to post by dizziedame

I completely agree with you.

It is absurd to think that the government would waste time, money and resources on presenting false inofrmation on ATS.

Its just that people dont like being proven wrong and in some cases dont even like being challenged. Interesting to see that nobody has yet named anyone

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 12:26 AM
link   
I dont believe this....44 views and not one person has named a disinformant

C'mon guys half of you out there do it, but are unwilling to name anyone. Does this mean that people are just accusing members that dont agree with them?

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 01:42 AM
link   
Although I agree with your challenage, I dont think anyone will answer because it is much easier to throw around the accusations when someone presents information to you, that you yourself can not dispute....then to try and proove to everyone why you think someone is a disinfo agent.

Its just like school kids. They get in a fight, one throws out some words (which are probably true) and the other says "well well well your just a big dummy and your mamma is fat!"

Fact is, nobody can proove it. It is impossible. It is just so easy to name call when you are sitting anonymously behind a screen name....and someone is trying to debate with you....and they say you are wrong.

I think if someone here feels the need to cry and call someone a 'disinfo agent"...they need to step up to the plate, be accountable for their accusations and lay before us exactly how this person is a disinfo agent. Until then, its just childish, insecure name calling.

(whew. i m really long winded tonight....and i have another drink...my excuse for my poor typing tonight)

[edit on 13-4-2008 by greeneyedleo]

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 01:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by greeneyedleo
I think if someone here feels the need to cry and call someone a 'disinfo agent"...they need to step up to the plate, be accountable for their accusations and lay before us exactly how this person is a disinfo agent. Until then, its just childish, insecure name calling.
(edit on 13-4-2008 by greeneyedleo]

Exactly

Thats why I asked them to show supporting evidence on why a member was a disinfo agent

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 02:14 AM
link   

You beat me to this post. I was thinking about this and didn't quite know how to word it. If I were to think about it, I'd automatically discount all posts from a person who ever cried disinformant.

Its a silly theory with possibilities if this were more than a forum. But to the gov, we are just a bunch of looney tunes anyway. They don't care about us. If they were smart, they'd have disinformants, I don't give them that much credit.

Starred and flagged.

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 02:28 AM
link   
So I take it that everyone posting in here is a disinfo agent.

Thanks for leting us know who you are.

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 02:34 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 02:42 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 02:50 AM
link   
The problem with disinfo agents is the problem that we have always faced with the agents of our immediate opposites - their power is only effective insofar as we trust them.

If we didn't trust them, then they would not be able to use their subversive methods of control to stop us from realising the truth.

Take a look at your nearest net-buddy, and ask yourself; "What do i really know about this character?"

*takes the biscuit*

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 02:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Creo Coactum
So I take it that everyone posting in here is a disinfo agent.

Thanks for leting us know who you are.

If you are accusing us....please give a reason why you think we are disnfo agents

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 02:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Anti-Tyrant

Take a look at your nearest net-buddy, and ask yourself; "What do i really know about this character?"

*takes the biscuit*

Hey some "net buddies" know quite a lot about each other

They just dont share it all out in the open.

*hands you another biscuit*

[edit on 13-4-2008 by greeneyedleo]

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 02:59 AM
link   

I wonder how much this ad cost in 50`s for disinfo? Which by the way fails to mention radio active fall out.

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 03:00 AM
link   
reply to post by greeneyedleo

*takes the biscuit*

Yep, i acknowledge the truth of that.

Don't you think that if there was indeed a disinfo agenda they would have thought of the fact that many people actually collaborate in person as well as on the internet though?

Just because He seems like a good chap, and for all intents and purposes he is one, doesn't mean that he can't pop to the bathroom and upload the recorded conversations from his (or her) phone to a private databse.

Ah, the mobile phone - Spykit of the future.

*opens his own pack of biscuits and offers to share*

[edit on 13-4-2008 by Anti-Tyrant]

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 03:02 AM
link   
Okay, i'm sorry - i'm purposefully spreading the seeds of paranoia here aren't i?

*puts the biscuits away*

edit; with all that said, i do infact sincerely doubt that the powers that be are acting that subversively - after all, i don't have any evidence.

[edit on 13-4-2008 by Anti-Tyrant]

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 03:04 AM
link   

How about this one.

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 03:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Creo Coactum

Please stop posting youtube links and explain why you think all of us are disinfo agents. You havent explained anything

Maybe your just one of those people that posts useless unrelated BS

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 03:13 AM
link   

I say, that's a little harsh, is it not?

*plays devil's advocate*

He is after all only providing information from sources that are in the public domain, you can't be suspicious of a guy for doing something like that.

[insert moral superiority facet here - "Innocent until PROVEN Guilty"]

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 03:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Anti-Tyrant

I say, that's a little harsh, is it not?

*plays devil's advocate*

He is after all only providing information from sources that are in the public domain, you can't be suspicious of a guy for doing something like that.

[insert moral superiority facet here - "Innocent until PROVEN Guilty"]

All right smarty pants...lol

He is avoiding my question thats all...I just want a straight answer

Care for a biscuit?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join