It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oprah is leading the mass awakening

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2008 @ 12:20 PM
link   
For the last year or so I've been reading about this mass awakening that is supposed to happen before we enter the new age of aqaurius. In order to transcend into this new age you need to be awakened. You need to realize love and self honesty. Self Honesty being, That your thoughts create your reality.Stop thinking negative and negatives will stop. To let go of the thought of sin and stop feeding ego.And you can manifest any goal acheivable. The past doesn't influence your present and lots more. It all really makes sense, to me that is. If you ever heard of the Landmark forum, a class, these are the things they speak of. This is not a church or a religion, Its a higher state of thinking. Anyways I've been researching self honesty for a few months now. and last night i was pleasantly surprised to find oprah teaching these types of ideas and she has millions on followers,This is a big deal for her, even doing online live classes. Even though i think its a little to commercial, I guess thats the only way it can happen, to reach so many people. Millions of people are changing and awakening all over the country into this higher, loving, realistic, and spiritual state. Is this the Mass awakening we have been hearing about? Sounds like it to me

www.youtube.com...

posted on Apr, 10 2008 @ 12:31 PM
link   
I honestly have to dis agree with you on this ne...Although you d raise a good point, I can't see a tonne of teary eyed menapausel women leading this Accention proccess..Balancing emotions is huge part of coming together and they people are a scary type Wreck..

And Oprah goes for huge public interest stories, and you will find that anywhere on the et Planet X, 2012 , Spiritual accession...they are all the hot topics, just another good marketing tool...Next she will be giving away free Rapture tickets..Check under thoses seats..

posted on Apr, 10 2008 @ 12:37 PM
link   
A single pebble can cause a landslide....

I wonder how many people will take this seriously?

posted on Apr, 10 2008 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by gmac1000

Hmm considering women make up half the population and women tend to like oprah. I think that in that aspect yes a bunch of "teary eyed" women can change this world. Also a lot of young women watch her, myself included, sometimes, Not just "menopausal" ones. Or perhaps a large group of violent, testosterone filled men will lead the awakening?

posted on Apr, 10 2008 @ 12:54 PM
link   
*kosmic puts on tinhat*

The halfpast human webbot predicts that a woman will emerge in mid 2008 to unite the world for some cause on another. Why not Oprah?

I'm just saying is all...

www.urbansurvival.com...

posted on Apr, 10 2008 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Well, if she is leading the "awakening" I suppose I could think of worse.....maybe she'll have gifts hidden under all our couches at home for us.
Although I am pretty skeptical of her since she is friends with Tom Cruise. Also, she is a media titan, and we all know how the media likes to control certain aspects of the truth.

posted on Apr, 10 2008 @ 01:00 PM
link   
I'm not saying oprahs way is the correct way, it is true she is in media, but what she is doing is good, its helping alot of people. And no it doesnt have that whiff of scientology.

posted on Apr, 10 2008 @ 01:01 PM
link   
I am a woman and I think Oprah is annoying has hell. Cant stand her.
So if she is leading anything, Im certainly not following. Nor is anyone that I know.

This may not be a church or religon, but it does sound cultish to me. Im sure she is in bed with Scientology anyways.

posted on Apr, 10 2008 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by 23Eulogy23

Oh I didn't mention scientology.....just Tom Cruise.......(not a big fan)

Yes she does a lot of good, I don't deny that, but I wonder how much of it is driven by the fact that she is a public icon. Bill Gates does a lot of good things too but I wouldn't trust him as far as I could throw him. I believe most people with vast amounts of $$ do charitable things in view of the public to throw off what their true intentions/colors are. Government does nice things too yet we all know how secretive and evil they can be. I suppose I am just jaded and don't throw a whole lot of faith in the niceness of others good will.......I have trust issues obviously

posted on Apr, 10 2008 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Interesting how some can hold such strong opinions regarding something they clearly know nothing about. Oprah isnt "leading" this, so if your dislike of Oprah makes your decisions for you, you can rest assured that she has not set herself up as a guru. Oprah is facilitating, providing a venue for, a work by Eckhart Tolle. Who, by the way, is also not setting himself up as a guru.

Methinks rejecting anything just because someone you "dislike" is associated with it in some way is rather silly, at least prior to actually checking out what that something is, and whether or not it has value for you.

There are two kinds of Sheeple. One is the kind that follows along with the herd, simply because they are moving in one direction. They never use their own intelligence to evaluate whether going in that direction may be good for them, individually, or not.

The second kind of Sheeple is the one disguised as a "rebel." Although it is a smaller herd, and moving in a different direction from the larger herd, they share a tendency with the first type to move in a direction without examining whether or not it is in their individual best interests to do so.

Both types of Sheeple react, one positively, and the other negatively, to the movements of others. What is lacking in both is the initiative to research, investigate, critically evaluate on a case by case basis all movements of the herd, and direct ones own movements according to this critical evaluation.

Eckhart Tolle has some really important/useful things to say, and I personally applaud Oprah for having the courage to bring an alternative, (ie: not fundamentalist Christian) view of spirituality into the mainstream. I am also very encouraged that so many who identify themselves as Christian are willing, not to give up Christianity, but to consider the possibility that what we currently call Christianity may not be completely true to its own roots. (Ie: what Jesus intended to impart to people)

I think regardless whether it is THE mass ascension, or increase in spiritual mass, it certain is A mass awakening.

posted on Apr, 10 2008 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by greeneyedleo

Mrs RoadGravel agrees with you on that point.

Isn't Oprah the person that brought us the Dr. Phil character. There's another waste of tube time.

posted on Apr, 10 2008 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Illusionsaregrander

In all fairness, the thread title does state that "Oprah is leading the mass awakening".

Try not to be so hard on your fellow ATS users, we're all in this together and there's no need to rock the boat.

If you persist, i'll make you walk the plank you scurvy dawg.

P)

posted on Apr, 10 2008 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Throbber

In all fairness, the thread title does state that "Oprah is leading the mass awakening".

Very true, and I concede that.

Originally posted by Throbber
Try not to be so hard on your fellow ATS users, we're all in this together and there's no need to rock the boat.

I think I was fairly polite, and not so hard. As for not rocking the boat, there I disagree with you. I certainly wasnt derailing the thread, nor slamming the OP in anyway. I was pointing out that some of the "nay sayers" were not even taking the time to find out what they were saying "nay" to. In my humble opinion, that is denying ignorance. Which is NOT rocking the boat, but what this site is all about.

posted on Apr, 10 2008 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Illusionsaregrander

Who said i dislike oprah? I actually watch her alot, that is when she has topics that are important to me, also if you read what i wrote in other comments i said oprah is doing something that is good, and the reason why i said she is leading the way is because she has masses of people who hang on her words. look what happened to the beef industry when she exposed them.

posted on Apr, 10 2008 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Oprah is heading the new “feel good” religion. Everyone is going to heaven and no one is accountable. If traditional Christianity is too strict, Oprah has a better way. If it feels too intolerant, follow Oprah. There is no need to feel remorse, no need to follow the “old rugged cross” because Oprah has the new and improved spirituality.

This is just another man-made religion. People can believe whatever they wish to believe, I suppose. There are enough religions out there, that I am sure anyone can find one that fits their belief system or personal agenda.

posted on Apr, 10 2008 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by darkelf

Exactly, all religions are man made, this is not a religion, but i rather follow something that teaches love and self honesty, rather than following the corrupt money hungry religious institutions

posted on Apr, 10 2008 @ 02:27 PM
link   
I put Oprah in the same group as the Bakers. I see this “Church of Oprah” as just another ploy for attention.

Check out this video Oprah Religion Recruitment Video

Do you honestly believe that she isn’t going to benefit financially with this?

posted on Apr, 10 2008 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by darkelf

lol, a video of oprah dancing around doesnt prove much to me. I would like the facts. If what you say is true, where is the proof? i think oprah is sharing because it has helped her become a better and higher being. And millions of people are getting help from the book and the way of thinking. Its waking them out of this trance

posted on Apr, 10 2008 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by 23Eulogy23

"That your thoughts create your reality"

No offense sir, but that is the biggest bunch of NEW AGE garbage as I've ever heard!

My thoughts like insecurities or lacking an understanding or poor self awareness may contribute to some confusion, perhaps self loathing, but I assure you, my thoughts did not create this keyboard nor the computer I'm using.

This talk that I hear like, " you have your truth I have mine " and "don't judge" and all that other NEW AGE garbage, sounds good, it has a warm fuzzy feeling to it, it appears harmless on the surface, but it is evil underneath. Just like the hate laws are evil, because they stifle FREE SPEECH.

You have the God given right to speak your mind, and I have the right to, ignore you, or agree with you, or insult you back if I felt insulted at all.

This NEW AGE garbage is just a set-up for the one world government and one world leader and one world religion that is coming our way. And it has nothing to do with the natural order of things, or , bad karma, or being enlightened, but it has everything to do with the war between good and evil that has been here since the beginning. Believe it, or not. Haven't you ever asked yourself, why does a free nation uses excuses to pass unconstitutional laws? The truth is, they no good reasons only excuses, and that should be a RED FLAG to anyone who believes in our constitution.

I see this NEW AGE thinking all over this BB and I feel sad, that so many have been herded into this way of thinking [through schools and peer pressure and the media, it is all over ] and they have no idea they've been sucked into a scheme that will be coming to a head in a few short years.

I pray that you and others wake up to the con job and escape the corral you are currently in, but that won't happen unless you are seeking answers. Oprah has been sucked in as well. She's a pied piper, leading the lemmings to their demise and no one inside the movement sees the danger up ahead.

Good luck.

posted on Apr, 10 2008 @ 02:58 PM
link   
I agree, this is not a religion. It is a philosophy which has been for the most part shrink-wrapped and commercialized. As the OP said, is that necessarily a bad thing? I would have to say yes. Spirituality is dependent on personal revelation which isn't easy to achieve with something so media-dependent.

The video itself reeked of emotional dramatization of spirituality - something that is dangerously distracting. If a person expects their life to become a piece of cinema with a soundtrack, they will find meditation to be lacking, as it quiets the mind. I also believe the emotional dramatization that Oprah is so famous for is a hard target to promote clarity of mind.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join