It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oprah is leading the mass awakening

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2008 @ 05:51 AM
link   
An interesting article from the internet this morning. It goes into how much money is going on with 'the church of Oprah', and how she's now in business with one of her fellow cultists.

posted on Apr, 18 2008 @ 08:11 PM
link   
She is helping to deceive. They are not planning a new earth, they are in fact planning to cull the Earths population to 500,000,000 with a class society. It is the New world government using the new Age Religion as a control feature. They are lying up to their eye teeth.

reply to post by mrRviewer

posted on Apr, 18 2008 @ 08:13 PM
link   
reference NSSM 200 by Kissinger......

reply to post by mrRviewer

posted on Apr, 18 2008 @ 08:53 PM
link   
reply to post by greeneyedleo

I could not agree more. Her scientology ties are quite suspect - look at her guests.

Also, she acts like Yoda or something without the mixed up words. Maybe I'm trying to describe her as the Dahli Lama or someone like that. She definately preaches about how you should live your life and actually it's not her business to tell you what to do.

However, millions of people do attend the Church of Oprah everyday at 4pm.

I do, however, think that some people are on to her. Ellen's show is gaining by the week.

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 08:26 AM
link   
Holy Bible

Genesis 3
4 "You will not surely die," the serpent said to the woman. 5 "For God knows that when you eat of it your eyes will be opened, and you will be like God, knowing good and evil."

2 Corinthians 11
3 But I am afraid that just as Eve was deceived by the serpent's cunning, your minds may somehow be led astray from your sincere and pure devotion to Christ. 4For if someone comes to you and preaches a Jesus other than the Jesus we preached, or if you receive a different spirit from the one you received, or a different gospel from the one you accepted, you put up with it easily enough.

1 Timothy 4
1 The Spirit clearly says that in later times some will abandon the faith and follow deceiving spirits and things taught by demons. 2 Such teachings come through hypocritical liars, whose consciences have been seared as with a hot iron.

Matthew 7
15 "Watch out for false prophets. They come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ferocious wolves.

2 Peter 2
1 But there were also false prophets among the people, just as there will be false teachers among you. They will secretly introduce destructive heresies, even denying the sovereign Lord who bought them—bringing swift destruction on themselves. 2 Many will follow their shameful ways and will bring the way of truth into disrepute. 3 In their greed these teachers will exploit you with stories they have made up. Their condemnation has long been hanging over them, and their destruction has not been sleeping.

1 Timothy 6
3 If anyone teaches false doctrines and does not agree to the sound instruction of our Lord Jesus Christ and to godly teaching, 4 he is conceited and understands nothing. He has an unhealthy interest in controversies and quarrels about words that result in envy, strife, malicious talk, evil suspicions 5 and constant friction between men of corrupt mind, who have been robbed of the truth and who think that godliness is a means to financial gain.

[edit on 22-4-2008 by checkers]

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by tgambill
What were they eye-witnesses to exactly?

****They were eye-witnesses to the actual events. The Bible was not edited, only translated word for word. There is no way it was edited and still the best seller since it was published. If they decided to edit it and include this or that, then why attack it and try to change it? it is the true word of God. It gives man a look into the supernatural world of God. The events happened in the way it was described as Gods power was manifested in those times.

With all due respect, you do need to study the history of the Bible as a document. Your claim is simply not true. The Bible HAS had things added, and there were other "gospels" or "eyewitness accounts" written by those who associated with Jesus that were deliberately not included in what we call the Bible today. Including one by Jesus' own brother. Not to mention just the normal subtle variations of meaning that are always introduced by the judgment of individual translators. A small alteration in the interpretation of a word can have an enormous impact on how a text reads, and does in many cases.

A large, and vastly influential, portion of the "New Testament" was written by someone who did NOT associate with Jesus, (Paul) and was not an "eyewitness" to the teaching of Jesus. He also is the only writer in the New Testament that claims to be a "prophet" and to speak with a divine authority, and consequently to add to the teachings of Jesus in a way that none of the actual companions of Jesus ever had the audacity to do. Some of his writings contradict the teachings of Jesus himself, including the much beloved contemporary idea that faith alone, and simply believing that Jesus is the Saviour is enough to redeem you. Jesus himself said otherwise in the sermon on the mount when he makes it explicitly clear several times in the sermon that your actions and thoughts, and behaviours are crucial to your being able to experience heaven.

In light of the argument against Oprah, I would remind;

Matthew 5:22 (New International Version)
New International Version (NIV)

Copyright © 1973, 1978, 1984 by International Bible Society
[NIV at IBS] [International Bible Society] [NIV at Zondervan] [Zondervan]

22But I tell you that anyone who is angry with his brother
[a]will be subject to judgment. Again, anyone who says to his brother, 'Raca, [b]' is answerable to the Sanhedrin. But anyone who says, 'You fool!' will be in danger of the fire of hell.

Footnotes:

a 1. Matthew 5:22 Some manuscripts brother without cause
b 2. Matthew 5:22 An Aramaic term of contempt

Although many moderns who call themselves Christian prefer Paul's interpretation, understandably so as it is much less demanding, and requires very little from said Christian in terms of modifying their own attitudes and thoughts, it has always struck me odd that someone would adhere to a faith begun by Jesus, named after Jesus, and then toss aside the teachings of Jesus himself in favor of the teachings of Paul.

Regardless whether you "like it" or not, A New Earth emphasizes personal responsibility for your thoughts, behaviours, and actions in a way very consistent with what Jesus himself taught.

[edit on 22-4-2008 by Illusionsaregrander]

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by toasted
reply to post by 23Eulogy23

"That your thoughts create your reality"

No offense sir, but that is the biggest bunch of NEW AGE garbage as I've ever heard!

My thoughts like insecurities or lacking an understanding or poor self awareness may contribute to some confusion, perhaps self loathing, but I assure you, my thoughts did not create this keyboard nor the computer I'm using.

This talk that I hear like, " you have your truth I have mine " and "don't judge" and all that other NEW AGE garbage, sounds good, it has a warm fuzzy feeling to it, it appears harmless on the surface, but it is evil underneath. Just like the hate laws are evil, because they stifle FREE SPEECH.

You have the God given right to speak your mind, and I have the right to, ignore you, or agree with you, or insult you back if I felt insulted at all.

This NEW AGE garbage is just a set-up for the one world government and one world leader and one world religion that is coming our way. And it has nothing to do with the natural order of things, or , bad karma, or being enlightened, but it has everything to do with the war between good and evil that has been here since the beginning. Believe it, or not. Haven't you ever asked yourself, why does a free nation uses excuses to pass unconstitutional laws? The truth is, they no good reasons only excuses, and that should be a RED FLAG to anyone who believes in our constitution.

I see this NEW AGE thinking all over this BB and I feel sad, that so many have been herded into this way of thinking [through schools and peer pressure and the media, it is all over ] and they have no idea they've been sucked into a scheme that will be coming to a head in a few short years.

I pray that you and others wake up to the con job and escape the corral you are currently in, but that won't happen unless you are seeking answers. Oprah has been sucked in as well. She's a pied piper, leading the lemmings to their demise and no one inside the movement sees the danger up ahead.

Good luck.

No your thoughts didnt create that keyboard but someone elses thoughts did.Same goes for that computer youre using right now.Your statement about a god given right to speak your mind and to accept or reject ideas is all good but then you go on to condemn those who dont think like you.Thats called hypocrisy.But your entitled to that too i suppose.
Most of ATS is riddled with fear posts.Thats it.Many posts about what ifs and almost none for solutions.Conspiracies are nothing new and have been around since ancient times.Those that do offer some solutions,are ridiculed,dissected or ignored.I know i affect the world around me via my family and friends.I cannot tell you how to affect yours since only you can do that.But it appears you dont quite understand that.Everyone learns at their own pace.

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 07:48 AM
link   
Re: Tolle

The Holy Bible

1 John 2

18 Dear children, this is the last hour; and as you have heard that the antichrist is coming, even now many antichrists have come. This is how we know it is the last hour. 19 They went out from us, but they did not really belong to us. For if they had belonged to us, they would have remained with us; but their going showed that none of them belonged to us. 20 But you have an anointing from the Holy One, and all of you know the truth. 21 I do not write to you because you do not know the truth, but because you do know it and because no lie comes from the truth. 22 Who is the liar? It is the man who denies that Jesus is the Christ. Such a man is the antichrist-he denies the Father and the Son. 23 No one who denies the Son has the Father; whoever acknowledges the Son has the Father also.

1 John 4

1 Dear friends, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God, because many false prophets have gone out into the world. 2 This is how you can recognize the Spirit of God: Every spirit that acknowledges that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is from God, 3 but every spirit that does not acknowledge Jesus is not from God. This is the spirit of the antichrist, which you have heard is coming and even now is already in the world. 4 You, dear children, are from God and have overcome them, because the one who is in you is greater than the one who is in the world. 5 They are from the world and therefore speak from the viewpoint of the world, and the world listens to them. 6 We are from God, and whoever knows God listens to us; but whoever is not from God does not listen to us. This is how we recognize the Spirit of truth and the spirit of falsehood.

2 John 1

7 Many deceivers, who do not acknowledge Jesus Christ as coming in the flesh, have gone out into the world. Any such person is the deceiver and the antichrist. 8 Watch out that you do not lose what you have worked for, but that you may be rewarded fully. 9 Anyone who runs ahead and does not continue in the teaching of Christ does not have God; whoever continues in the teaching has both the Father and the Son. 10 If anyone comes to you and does not bring this teaching, do not take him into your house or welcome him. 11 Anyone who welcomes him shares in his wicked work.

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 07:50 AM
link   
Re: Tolle

The Holy Bible

2 Timothy 3
Godlessness in the Last Days
1But mark this: There will be terrible times in the last days. 2 People will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boastful, proud, abusive, disobedient to their parents, ungrateful, unholy, 3 without love, unforgiving, slanderous, without self-control, brutal, not lovers of the good, 4 treacherous, rash, conceited, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God- 5 having a form of godliness but denying its power. Have nothing to do with them.

6 They are the kind who worm their way into homes and gain control over weak-willed women, who are loaded down with sins and are swayed by all kinds of evil desires, 7 always learning but never able to acknowledge the truth. 8 Just as Jannes and Jambres opposed Moses, so also these men oppose the truth-men of depraved minds, who, as far as the faith is concerned, are rejected. 9 But they will not get very far because, as in the case of those men, their folly will be clear to everyone.

10 You, however, know all about my teaching, my way of life, my purpose, faith, patience, love, endurance, 11 persecutions, sufferings-what kinds of things happened to me in Antioch, Iconium and Lystra, the persecutions I endured. Yet the Lord rescued me from all of them. 12 In fact, everyone who wants to live a godly life in Christ Jesus will be persecuted, 13while evil men and impostors will go from bad to worse, deceiving and being deceived. 14 But as for you, continue in what you have learned and have become convinced of, because you know those from whom you learned it, 15and how from infancy you have known the holy Scriptures, which are able to make you wise for salvation through faith in Christ Jesus. 16 All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, 17 so that the man of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work.

[edit on 29-4-2008 by checkers]

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 12:05 PM
link   
I'm wondering if any one can shed some light on this issue i seem to be having.
It of course concerns Oprah and her attempting to teach alongside Ekhart Tolle about enlightenment etc.
I have read the book about four time, quite a while ago before i heard about Oprah becoming obsessed with it.
But something makes me feel very uneasy about this while thing.
For one, personally that book opened my eyes to so much, and i live life a lot happier and just with a whole new outlook. It's incredible.
But then i see Oprah "preaching" this "new age" spiritual teachings, and i feel there much be a catch.
Firstly i wonder where she is situated in the whole New World Order heirarchy.
She must know what's going on in the world. The forum posts on her website contain alot of people debating and speading the message about the New World Order, barack obama and everything in between as I'm sure everyone knows what i'm talking about.
Now i question what Oprah wants to do with this spiritual teaching.
Because wouldn't the last thing she want and especially illuminati etc for people not become "awake" per se.
Now i feel there maybe a hidden agenda behind this book and Oprah here. I loved the book but i fear perhaps this is what was wanted, to serve some other undiscovered purpose for the NWO. It also struck me that when i was reading the book A New Earth, there are a few paragraphs that speak very highly of a certain unamed person. It doesn't say exactly that, but i mean, there is a very distinct feeling that he is referring to someone that will help this movement. It is as if Oprah and him were working on this book long ago ha. Very eery i must say, but i don't know enough.
ANy thoughts would be great :-)

Drdha

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by QBSneak000
Well, if she is leading the "awakening" I suppose I could think of worse.....maybe she'll have gifts hidden under all our couches at home for us.
Although I am pretty skeptical of her since she is friends with Tom Cruise. Also, she is a media titan, and we all know how the media likes to control certain aspects of the truth.

I think her shows is one of those 'feel good' shows of course to attract as many viewers as possible.

I don't think she's bad either. Just that her shows doesn't paint the whole picture of the truth(including the many 'ugly' sides of it). Not enough to cause the 'mass awakening' or enlightenment.

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 07:26 AM
link   
lol dont you think oprah has enough money to not really be motivated by it anymore?
also i though eckhart tolle was awesome too until i read krishnamurti which its quite apparent eckhart tolle copied from.amongst others.all he did was add spin!

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 06:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by drdha1988
I'm wondering if any one can shed some light on this issue i seem to be having.
It of course concerns Oprah and her attempting to teach alongside Ekhart Tolle about enlightenment etc.
I have read the book about four time, quite a while ago before i heard about Oprah becoming obsessed with it.
But something makes me feel very uneasy about this while thing.
For one, personally that book opened my eyes to so much, and i live life a lot happier and just with a whole new outlook. It's incredible.
But then i see Oprah "preaching" this "new age" spiritual teachings, and i feel there much be a catch.

I did not read the book you mention and i dont know much about oprah's religious teachings.
But i do know that if you are succesfull in the mass media for such a long time on such a large scale, you must get some support from the powers at the top of the media.
You could compare it with president candidates, who pays them their money to get where they are, and more importantly, to stay where they are.

Follow the money.

Thanks for your post, it is very interesting to hear from people who have been reading her published material.

[edit on 25-3-2009 by jaamaan]

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 10:46 AM
link   
If Oprah is the cause of a mass awakening then I have been wrong about her all along. Are you sure it won't be Dr. Phil who causes a mass awakening?
I think I am going to go puke now.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join