It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oprah is leading the mass awakening

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2008 @ 03:11 PM
link   
I can already read the catch phrase:
"Oprah, the Eve of Aquarius"
... and Barack saying "I did not sexual relations with the woman, Ms Winfrey."

Say hold up, wasn't Oprah a member of Jeremiah Wright's Congregation?

posted on Apr, 10 2008 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by 23Eulogy23
reply to post by darkelf

Its waking them out of this trance

And what trance would that be? The one where you believe that you are accountable for your actions? Or the one where you no longer must feel remorse?

posted on Apr, 10 2008 @ 03:19 PM
link   
I think anyone who has awaken is trying to awaken the world.

Once one person awakes they awake more because they know they are helping people. Once you are awake helping people is on the top of your list, Because it's hurts to watch people walk by you without a clue of who they really are.

posted on Apr, 10 2008 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Oprahs mass awakeaning calls out for people to think positivley and good things will come. Be careful of how far you take this, positive thinking does have a positive effect on people generally but it can not change the real problems. If you never allow yourself to see the negitive side of things you are not taking into account that there are very bad people out there and they will do very bad things, and positive thinking can not cure this. Dont let yourselves positivley think your way out of common sense. And please god dont let yourselves positivly think us out of any more civil rights, its time to act on the positive thoughts.

posted on Apr, 10 2008 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by 23Eulogy23
Oprah is leading the mass awakening

Oh for the love of pete.
Oprah is now the messiah?

Anyone who believes the junk she's pushing seriously needs to review the BTS thread on the Church of Oprah.

HERE

Originally posted by Throbber
I wonder how many people will take this seriously?

TOO DAMN MANY!

Originally posted by Illusionsaregrander
There are two kinds of Sheeple.

No. There are three. The third kind of sheeple are those who think Obama and Oprah are messianic. Spiritually blind and narcassistic people are NOT capable of awakening anyone let alone an entire planet.

Originally posted by darkelf
Oprah is heading the new “feel good” religion.

AMEN! And by your comment about 'the old rugged cross' I can tell that you've done your research into the cult that she's pushing! It's rather frightening!

Information on the cult Oprah is pushing is at the link I gave.
I encourage EVERYONE to read it.
(you'll be sleeping with the lights on for a week! BOOOO! Really frightening!)

Read THIS thread.

[edit on 4/10/2008 by FlyersFan]

posted on Apr, 10 2008 @ 06:41 PM
link   
reply to post by greeneyedleo

I can't stand her! I'm a woman and I stopped watching her show years ago. The very fact that she has her own aisle in bookstores is very telling of the power this woman has, and she isn't deserving of any of it. She's about as phony as a 3 dollar bill. Her ideas are aimed at weak-minded individuals, including herself.

posted on Apr, 10 2008 @ 06:47 PM
link   
The OP mentioned Landmark for which I have total and complete contempt.

It is simply a more self-centered vicious recycled version of est.

est was garbage; Landmark is toxic waste.

posted on Apr, 10 2008 @ 06:59 PM
link   
Disregard the source if you wish.It is our right of free will.However the message is recieved it is no less valid.

posted on Apr, 10 2008 @ 07:11 PM
link   
It looks like a pharmaceutical commercial pushing anti depressents to me. Are you sure Oprah didn't hijack it? It could also pass for a free yahoo email greeting card too.

Yes, I'm a cynical SOB

[edit on 10-4-2008 by Tuebor]

posted on Apr, 10 2008 @ 07:25 PM
link   
This thread is, in my opinion, a PERFECT example of how utterly low people in our society are now willing to settle. How low they'll "aim", in their aspirations.

Oprah Winfrey is going to lead people into a new age of enlightenment? That's
wrong on so many levels I wouldn't know where to begin. Let's see, for starters, Oprah herself is a an idiot. I know, she's successful to the tune of being a billionaire. For what? Having a talk show? She's a creation, head to toe, of the
political correctness marketing machine. Nothing more.

posted on Apr, 10 2008 @ 07:27 PM
link   
I am not being mean here, but I am not going to take anything to heart that comes from Oprah, Dr.Phil, Ellen, ect
These people are nothing more than comfort for shut-ins and bored house wives.

posted on Apr, 10 2008 @ 07:37 PM
link   
Is it possible to actually look into something before trashing it?

OK, so you don't like Oprah, fine. But the work being done here is ground breaking to say the least.

I'm actually enrolled in the class, I have read the book by Echart Tolle. "A New Earth." "Awakening to your life's Purpose."

Personally, I find it fascinating. I guarantee it is nothing at all as described in the previous posts. Not even close. It's free, and we all know that ATS'ers love the free stuff.

I watched the first class, and I was blown away. I know there are many on ATS that would love this, so here is a direct link to the first class:

Video of Class #1

Not everybody is ready for this. Some will just not get it, or don't want it. But others will be changed forever.

Monday nights, millions of us from around the world all sit down together, and learn about ourselves. It's never been done before. There are questions via skype from Russia, Ireland, India, and England to name a few. How many times have I heard here on ATS that we should all meditate together at one time to bring in visitors? This is even better. This is us together trying to help each other to understand who we truly are as Human Beings.

I hope this resonates for some people here, because it is really great stuff.

[edit on 10-4-2008 by seawolf197]

posted on Apr, 10 2008 @ 07:45 PM
link   
People wouldn't give Oprah and her feel good BS a second thought, but the masses are scared about the economy, the neverending war, the outsourcing of jobs, the Lie's from our leaders, loosing their house, losing their jobs, having to take on another job to make ends meet and last but not least having to give up what little comfort things they enjoy because they have to pay $3.45 gas to get to work.

With these overall feelings among the lower middle class, Oprah and Obama could rouse a grass roots effort that will shock this country to it's soul. If they can encourage those that feel disenfranchised to VOTE.

The sheep are growing horns!!!

It's a brave new world, welcome to the monkey house!!

[edit on 10-4-2008 by whaaa]

posted on Apr, 10 2008 @ 11:57 PM
link   
To the OP;
Neither of my posts were directed towards you at all. I think it may have appeared that way because I brought up the issue of whether Oprah was leading or not. I have no quarrel with you, or your topic, in fact I support it.

In light of some of the Oprah bashing posts, I think the "Oprah leading" part seems to be giving some the idea that she is setting herself up as a spiritual leader, but such is life. Not everyone is willing to check before opining.

[edit on 11-4-2008 by Illusionsaregrander]

posted on Apr, 11 2008 @ 12:06 AM
link   
I was actually going to post a thread about this, but thought many people on ATS are to cynical so I decided against it. I probably would have given the thread a better title though.

posted on Apr, 11 2008 @ 12:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by toasted
This talk that I hear like, " you have your truth I have mine " and "don't judge" and all that other NEW AGE garbage, sounds good, it has a warm fuzzy feeling to it, it appears harmless on the surface, but it is evil underneath. Just like the hate laws are evil, because they stifle FREE SPEECH.

Hmmm. Let me just a run a quick check on something. From Matthew 7: 1-5;

1 Judge not, that ye be not judged.
2 For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again. Mk. 4.24
3 And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye?
4 Or how wilt thou say to thy brother, Let me pull out the mote out of thine eye; and, behold, a beam is in thine own eye?
5 Thou hypocrite, first cast out the beam out of thine own eye; and then shalt thou see clearly to cast out the mote out of thy brother's eye.

This "evil new age GARBAGE" about not judging is supposedly a direct quote from Jesus during his sermon on the mount.

posted on Apr, 11 2008 @ 12:28 AM
link   

My vajayjay is painin!" -Oprah Winfrey

All time best ever oprah quote!

Oprah as much as I don't care for her, has A LOT of influence over people's perceptions! She could very well play a critical role in the ascension process.

posted on Apr, 11 2008 @ 01:27 AM
link   
First, I must say that I don't view Oprah. But I do know enough to understand her effort here.
As was stated in earlier posts, this view of spirituality and collective consciousness is not new. In fact, it is very old. Many in the past have written and spoke on these ideas. The laws of attraction, collective consciousness, and cosmic consciousness have all been put forth in books from the east and west, the bible to bhagava gita. My personal favorite is Neale Donald Walsch's " Conversations with God", vols 1-3, though I have read many others before him which set my own personal table of spiritual understanding and freedom.
I applaud ANYONE who attempts to awaken humanity from its hypnotized state of ignorance. We are fragments of Godliness and can move mountains collectively. Freeing our spirits from the anchors of fear, hate, greed, and seeing ourselves as one people, one family, one earth espousing love and true equality for all must be our goal. The universe demands it if we want to continue to exist on this planet.
Free the heart, mind, and spirit and let love direct all our thoughts, words, and actions and we will see our ultimate potential and future. If Oprah is doing this in some small way, kudos to her.

posted on Apr, 11 2008 @ 06:39 AM
link   
reply to post by 23Eulogy23

The bottom underlining fact about Oprah is that she has No Global influence. Yes you can tell me women in other countries watch Oprah and I'll tell you I watch Ninja Warrior daily on G4; does that necessarily mean I'm going to join up with the million other people that watch it and become a huge ninja nation... sadly no.
Oprah if you didn't know has had about the same following for the past 5 years maybe more, if you could support some proof of her being a bigger force in the media in the last couple years then I'd like to see that. I wouldn't like you to refer to how she funded Obama's campaign either; I think at any rate sponsoring any presidential candidate can be damaging. Oprah also keys into the emotions of her viewers, she's a host that will take tears as applaudes. Oprah is leading no movement and to say she is; is ludicris. Tom Cruise jumping on a couch is entertainment last time I checked and not a political venue, keep trying Oprah I have to get back to my Puppy Farm in the basement.

[edit on 11-4-2008 by Lokey13]

posted on Apr, 11 2008 @ 06:46 AM
link   
Those who are laughing at the OP dont have a clue how mass-consciousness and accumulative tipping-points work. Not a clue.

She´s black and she´s a woman. And she´s midwifed more energy into mass-consciousness than most scientists, politicians and religious leaders put together.

But apparently she hasnt done enough as most still dont see the movement of energy in relation to mass-belief-systems.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join