It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Attention Indiana Resisdents UFO sightings increasing

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2008 @ 05:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by mikesingh

Originally posted by BlackProjects
I still am motivated that this could by secret US military or even alien.
BP

Yer right! It could be part of the secret space program.

Hi all. If it is military, and that has crossed my mind many times, then we have to ask ourselves what facility in that area would be equipped to mangage such secrets. The only facility that I know of would be Grissom Air Reserve Base in Peru. But if I was the military testing any kind of secrets, this would be the last place I would do it. Especially in plain view of populated cities such as Peru, Kokomo, or Logansort.

Rush

Edit to add: Thanks to MikeS for posting those pics for comparison.

[edit on 5-5-2008 by hsur2112]

posted on May, 5 2008 @ 06:12 AM
link   
I agree w MikeS it could be a secret space program. I don't think it is run out of Grissom although they may have some role in it. IF it is some sort of secret space program they are at times doing things pretty low in the atmosphere at least according to some of the reports(especially a couple on Indiana Mufon). There could be multiple things going on here. It remains a mystery.

posted on May, 5 2008 @ 06:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by hsur2112
If it is military, and that has crossed my mind many times, then we have to ask ourselves what facility in that area would be equipped to mangage such secrets.

Oh, you'll be surprised! Take a look at the myriad launch facilities available for the secret U.S. space program:

Courtesy:Space Today

How many know exactly what the heck's going on out there? To know more, have a peek here...The Top Secret US Military Space Program. Is The Future Already Here?

"There are more things in heaven and Earth than can be dreamt of in your philosophy!"
-Shakespeare

Cheers!

[edit on 5-5-2008 by mikesingh]

posted on May, 5 2008 @ 08:02 AM
link   
Sorry folks, the "secret" space program does not (I mean would not) depend on conventional style rockets lifting off from a tower to achieve orbit for obvious reasons. Pointing out potential places for an old-fashioned style manned launch is ignorant in the extreme.

Not everything that achieves orbit has to lift of in a conventional manner, you know.

posted on May, 5 2008 @ 08:07 AM
link   
YEah as can see nothing being seen/photographed appears to be conventional ( ie rocket launch and such).

posted on May, 5 2008 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by IgnoreTheFacts
Sorry folks, the "secret" space program does not (I mean would not) depend on conventional style rockets lifting off from a tower to achieve orbit for obvious reasons. Pointing out potential places for an old-fashioned style manned launch is ignorant in the extreme.

Not everything that achieves orbit has to lift of in a conventional manner, you know.

Welcome ITF! Been a long time! Felt bored to death without a sparring partner!

OK, so who said that the "secret" space program uses conventional style rockets lifting off from a tower? I don't remember saying that anywhere! What has been indicated are probable areas from where military craft with 'other' forms of propulsion can operate from. They have a convenient smoke screen of conventional rockets and missiles operating from there.

But then its also possible that secret military space shuttles are launched from these areas using conventional methods.

Needless to say, this is all conjecture until proved!

posted on May, 5 2008 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by IgnoreTheFacts
the "secret" space program does not (I mean would not) depend on conventional style rockets

Ummm care to elaborate on this?

posted on May, 5 2008 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Zorgon,
Welcome to my favorite thread..It would be great to hear your analysis of this phenomenon. Like your signature says it seems they are running down their disinformation(coverup) check list-which means we are on right track. Meteors/F16s/flares/earthquake lights/ about all that is left is swamp gas-if nobody has tried that yet. I said it before - I think the "Holy Grail" of UFO photos may come from right here out of the heartland..FYI this is in same area that is related to a thread I started some over a year ago.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Some of witness descriptions especially on Indiana MUFON are nothing short of amazing.

BP

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 05:59 AM
link   
I couldnt recall where i've seen, in the past, something like what has been spotted in Kokomo:
here is it: this is the closest well documented sighting of this type i've been able to find so far:

THE NEW ZEALAND UFO SIGHTINGS OF DECEMBER, 1978
THE SIGHTING NORTHEAST OF CHRISTCHURCH

1978 December 31st - Kaikoura Coastline, South Island, New Zealand
(AKA Kaikoura lights)
The Kaikoura Lights is a name given by the New Zealand media to a series of sightings that occurred in December, 1978, over the skies above the Kaikoura mountain ranges of the northeastern South Island of New Zealand.

Kaikoura, New Zealand 1978
An extremely rare case of a plane flight for the express purpose of filming a UFO occurred on December 30, 1978, in New Zealand. Captain Bill Startup piloted an Argogy freighter, with Bob Guard as co-pilot. An Australian television film crew from Channel 0-10 would be assigned the unusual task of attempting to capture a photographic image of a UFO.

Kaikoura, N. Z. UFO Australian TV

Captain Bill Startup, and images taken during the flight

UFO - Kaikoura, New Zealand, December, 1978

Read more here:
ufos.about.com...
www.ufocasebook.com...

Sources:
ufos.about.com...
www.ufocasebook.com...

JaredDee, please, could you take a look at this paper by Bruce Maccabee?
Analysis by Bruce Maccabee
I'd be interested in your take on the detailed description that you'll find there

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 11:38 AM
link   

about all that is left is swamp gas-if nobody has tried that yet.

I think they out used 'swamp gas' years ago... no one is buying that one anymore... and weather ballons are not so good anymore because they aren't used as often these days... so they need others like military flares...

In all honesty I have not followed the UFO topics much lately because of he sheer volume of hoaxes these days and the ease at creating images and videos...

Personally a good eyewitness report in my books is still better than any Youtube video...

I would love to discuss your better cases and maybe put them on Pegasus... and the one Internos just posted sure looks worthy of follow up...

My UFO section is sorely out of date, but Russ Hamerly of Boeing has been sending me some interesting cases as well so I guess its time to work a little on updating that section

Of course if anyone has any cool submissions and can stick them in simple html... that would help

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Wow, this thread really took off (sorry I haven't been on in awhile, I was moving to New York from Oregon). I am glad to see that so many people are investigating this and actually getting results. April MUFON maps should be posting soon can't wait to see what they look like.

-Kdial1

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 12:27 PM
link   
kdial1,
Yes the maps will be interesting. I was thinking today that it would be interesting to go back on a couple of the sites and research the dates of this phenomenon over the past few years. INDIANA MUFON is certainly one to do that. I remember the couple years I lived in that area that it seemed like April/Mar were top monthes but I think other monthes also had some sitings.

It seems maybe the phenomenon has tapered off. COuld also be the weather.

BP

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 03:24 PM
link   

It seems maybe the phenomenon has tapered off. COuld also be the weather.

BP

Ya it might of for Indiana, but if you look at Feb. Texas was huge for sightings (Stephenville) then for March it was Indiana. Now for the month of April it would be interesting to see if they started popping up in other states, grouped like they were for Indiana and Texas. We shall see....

Kdial1

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 11:14 AM
link   
40°42'23.39"N 86°52'18.63"W This is were I was sitting on the side of the road @3:00am when I shot this cheesie video on my cell phone.My hand was resting on the passenger door with the window open.No sound watched it for a bout 20 minuets
.I really have nothing to add.I work nights Ijust happen to get off work early .I think it was back in Oct 2007....dc

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Good news Kokomo sky watchers, I noticed Indiana MUFON had put some of the May 2007 sitings in different area ->
www.indianamufon.com...

Maybe tonight they come out again

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 06:18 AM
link   
Hi all. Just playing catch up. I've sent a second email to Jerry @ IndianaMufon requesting information on their spring meeting because I believe that the northern flap was discussed. I'm just curious what the content of their discussion was. The meeting page on the site only goes back to 2006. I haven't heard back yet, if I do and if there is anything of interest, I'll be sure to post.

Deadcats, thanks for taking the time to post that video.

Originally posted by zorgon

about all that is left is swamp gas-if nobody has tried that yet.

I think they out used 'swamp gas' years ago... no one is buying that one anymore...

They thought it best since Indiana doesn't have any swamps.....

Rush

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Apparently they are back in Kokomo/Lafayette area.
www.hbccufo.org...

Maybe more breaking news on this from this area..

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon
I think they out used 'swamp gas' years ago... no one is buying that one anymore... and weather ballons are not so good anymore because they aren't used as often these days... so they need others like military flares...

Hey there Zorgon, just wanted to let you know that we've been testing the Balloon/Flare theory in another thread, and it doesn't look possible unless you are actually using a weather balloon.

We tried the largest sized commercially available Latex Balloon (36 inches diameter, or 3ft) and the lightest weight road flare (Orion, 15 minute burn time, weighs approx 363 grams) and even though the math says it should lift, it doesn't.

There is a .1lb discrepancy, the balloon should lift .1 lbs more than the flare weighs (according to the Math). But in reality it doesn't work. The payload weight is too close to the maximum capacity for the system to get off of the ground.

Anyway, I know you keep a record of these things, and I just wanted you to know that this Balloon/Flare excuse has been pretty well busted, just like swamp gas and temperature inversions

And now that all the work is done figuring that out, the next time someone claims it as an excuse for a sighting, we can all direct them here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

-WFA

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 09:39 AM
link   
I have heard from a couple sources in the area that Discovery and/or History Channel- UFO Hunters are in Kokomo area interviewing some of witness'(including some that posted right here on this ATS thread). I don't know any other details. However as from my previous post sitings are continuing. Maybe they actually will catch something..

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by BlackProjects

Thanks for posting this BlackProjects. This is very exciting news. I really hope he decides to check in on this thread. We look forward to any updates you get.

Rush

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join