It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Demons Created All Non-Christian Mythology!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 09:51 AM
link   
religion is the practice that established the superstition about this whole God character, since man created god in his own image, not the other way around. It generally is the pinnacle of arrogance to state that all other works were from evil spirits, but then again, that is the general practice of the christian movement to take whatever local deities and idols and portray them as demons in an effort to scare the masses into their way of thinking.

belief is nice, but overall, God is a superstition, on par with the easter bunny, tooth fairy and honest politicians. None of the 4 exist.

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cythraul
The Old Testament God commands that unbelievers should be fought and killed,

Sort of, but not entirely. In the Old, God does command Israel to kill all in the land of Caanan, but that is during the time they were sent to take their land. It was not an open ended, "kill all non-Jews." It was a specific command for the time that can be read about in the book of Joshua. One, I would add, Israel did not entirely obey.

The theme of that, though, was to keep the Jews separate culturally and theologically from the world around them. During the instances where they disobeyed, the wisdom of God and the foolishness of their transgressions became apparent as false Gods and idols would make their way into Israel and start to corrupt her people. Time and again in scripture, God would take Israel through some severely difficult times to turn them back to Him and away from the idols. The book of Judges follows this theme many times, where Israel rebels against God, Israel is oppressed by their neighbors, Israel cries out for deliverance to God, God sends someone to deliver them, and for a time everything is well until Israel starts to embrace the corruption of the other cultures.

It's not that Christians choose to focus more on the New Testament and ignore the Old, it's that the Old's instances like you mention were specific for specific circumstances, and the New reveals God's plan through those instances while at the same time dictating how we should treat/respond to the world. It doesn't contradict itself.

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 10:05 AM
link   
reply to post by junglejake

Many thanks for that articulate explanation. It does put somewhat of a hole in my previous argument so I'll have to dig up another example of how I believe 'scripture' to be just as corrupted as 'religion'.

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 10:08 AM
link   
There are some instances where God demands that Hebrews should be killed for parttaking in Ba'al worship, like with Ba'slpeor, when God demands crucifiction for the leaders of the people who has been parttaking in pagan ceremonies and sacrificed to Ba'al. But this was not the general rule. At Ba'alpeor God only demands the leaders of the people sentanced to death, to set an example I guess.

Edit: Numbers 25

[edit on 9/4/2008 by Neo Christian Mystic]

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 10:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Cythraul

LMAO.

That's funny.

Something like that. I believe that demons, after the crucifixion of Christ, traveled back in time and begat the mythologies stated above.

When they were done, they traveled even further back in time and planted all the dinosaur bones in an attempt to discredit the time line set forth in the Bible.

LOL. Oh, that's a good one.

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 10:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Neo Christian Mystic

If taken out of context, perhaps, but all scripture should be interpreted as a whole. However, if we were to take that to mean that Astrology is a way to know God, it would be in direct contradiction with Daniel 4:7 and Daniel 2:27. In addition to that, it disregards the contempt of God as spoken through Isaiah in Isaiah 47:13:

All the counsel you have received has only worn you out!
Let your astrologers come forward,
those stargazers who make predictions month by month,
let them save you from what is coming upon you.

(To read it in context and see the contemptuous manner in which this was spoken, read Isaiah 47.)

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Things would be much clearer if you wached zeitgeist. The frirst part explains why there are similarities between all of the saviors.

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by forestlady

I have to disagree with you here. There are MANY gods and goddesses; however, you yourself only follow the one Christian God. But the others DO exist.

Theres only one God, but he has many names.

On the topic of the OP: Im not sure debating such positions are a worthwhile use of time. Its born of religious dogma and zealotry and no amount of logic is likely to change it.

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 10:54 AM
link   

The reason that there are so many similarities between the story of Jesus Christ and certain ancient traditions (such as Horus in Egypt, Krishna of India, Dionysus of Greece, Mithra of Persia) is because demons pre-empted the coming of Christ and acted out these stories so as to confuse man and deter him from the truth.

Well, this isnt a particular belief of mine, but after reading it, it seems plausible. If, and only if .. Satan or these Demons can see into the future, knowing how the events would play out, then this would be perfectly plausible. The problem is we will never know if Demons can see into the future, much less if Demons can see at all, or even exist as know them.

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by shiman

zeitgeist is terrible.

i suggest you watch one of the many zeitgeist debunked videos.

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by junglejake
If taken out of context, perhaps, but all scripture should be interpreted as a whole. However, if we were to take that to mean that Astrology is a way to know God, it would be in direct contradiction with Daniel 4:7 and Daniel 2:27. In addition to that, it disregards the contempt of God as spoken through Isaiah in Isaiah 47:13:

All the counsel you have received has only worn you out!
Let your astrologers come forward,
those stargazers who make predictions month by month,
let them save you from what is coming upon you.

(To read it in context and see the contemptuous manner in which this was spoken, read Isaiah 47.)

Indeed. Remember that God says this about prophets too. Read 1 Kings 22 to see how God sends the Holy Ghost to be a lying spirit in the mouths of all the prophets of the court of king Akab of Israel. Without the Spirit of Truth we cannot read anything from either the heavens or scripture.

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 11:16 AM
link   
It's just as easy to point out that Christianity was simply a Roman invention in order to get the people of the East Mediterranean to accept the emperor as God. I mean hey, if my religion was inspired by your demons, then yours is inspired by their rulers, right?

And by the way, yes, Zeitgeist is terrible.

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 11:49 AM
link   
I think all cultures have borrowed from one another

www.tektonics.org...

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 12:00 PM
link   
its a mistake to even begin to think that G-D is being represented by the institutions ; governmental or religious in this world.

G-D has a hands off policy for the most part with some course corrections from time to time to make sure prophecy is fulfilled and to prevent us under the influence of this worlds "god" and his angels/demons from annhilating all life before Messiah returns after our 6days/6000 years of work are completed(matthew24:22)

adam and eve basically told G-D to take a hike in the garden by their disobeying Him so He did----and left them and us, with the "god"/satan that they voted for(genesis3)

these are the scriptures that tell us satan is this world's "god"(genesis3/2corinthians4:4/matthew4:9/luke4:6-7/ephesians2:2/6:12)

revelation 12:9the great dragon was thrown down,the serpent of old who is called the devil and satan,who Deceives the Whole World;he was thrown down to the earth,and his angels were thrown down with him---------the accuser of our brethren has been thrown down,he who accuses them before G-D day and night.if you don't conform with satan's government----he hunts for you and tattle tales when you make a mistake/sin or he begs to have at you to tempt you to sin(job1 and job2)

satan has been deceiving this world and all its institutions from the first day that adam and eve voted for him.
try not to get mad at me-----i didn't write the bible---am just saying where we can all see for ourselves in it that the hell on earth we see is not of G-D's making-----we get what is voted for---------for now

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 12:22 PM
link   

The reason that there are so many similarities between the story of Jesus Christ and certain ancient traditions (such as Horus in Egypt, Krishna of India, Dionysus of Greece, Mithra of Persia) is because demons pre-empted the coming of Christ and acted out these stories so as to confuse man and deter him from the truth.

I'd like to see if there are any others who believe this. And from those sane ones among us, I'd like some conjecture as what is so flawed about this concept.

It goes without saying that I do not believe it but I am surprised xians do. I seem to recall passages in the NT which stated or implied that the plan of god was kept secret. So how was satan and his minions privy to it?

Ah! I think this is it.

6) Howbeit we speak wisdom among them that are perfect: yet not the wisdom of this world, nor of the princes of this world, that come to nought:

7) But we speak the wisdom of God in a mystery, even the hidden wisdom, which God ordained before the world unto our glory:

8) Which none of the princes of this world knew: for had they known it, they would not have crucified the Lord of glory.

9) But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him.
1 Corinthians 2:6-9

So if it never even "entered into the heart of man" then looking at it from a xian viewpoint, satan must not have known either. Knowing would have provided motive to produce counterfeits and then it would (still thinking like an xian
) have entered into the heart of man.

Compare with Matt. 13:34-35

34) All these things spake Jesus unto the multitude in parables; and without a parable spake he not unto them:

35) That it might be fulfilled which was spoken by the prophet, saying, I will open my mouth in parables; I will utter things which have been kept secret from the foundation of the world.

Needless to say, if anyone else had known then it wouldn't have been a secret. Oh what a tangled web!

I am sure there are more verses like this but I'm about out of time.

[edit on 9-4-2008 by Lilitu]

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 12:42 PM
link   
being raised in christian school, and brainwashed with those beliefs, I can tell you first hand that is EXACTLY what my family thinks,... "the devil did it" to confuse us, that is their answer and ONLY answer. They admit to everything, all the simularities and straight out plagerism, but when asked WHY and HOW is this possible, the devil "knew" and tried to trick us..... so yeah my family is FKN NUTS!! it is hard to shed light on something when ignorance and willing denial is part of the "thought" process,..... we understnd that these stories are based on STARS and rituals, NOT actual people!! I feel for all those trying to bring "REAL" spirituality back to this world and give the CREATOR his deserved thanks and praise.... good luck!!

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 01:41 PM
link   

...supposedly.

It became apparent during the course of discussion in another thread of mine that there are actually people who whole-heartedly believe the following:

I'd like to see if there are any others who believe this. And from those sane ones among us, I'd like some conjecture as what is so flawed about this concept.

fully agree!!

Many Thanks

of course many will say the opposite

take care

David

P.s and they are still at it

Mod Note: One Line Post – Please Review This Link.

One Line or less Responses or "me too" atta-boy comments contribute nothing to the discussion. These include rows of smilies, "you're wrong", or other similar short responses.

[edit on 9-4-2008 by elevatedone]

[edit on 9-4-2008 by elevatedone]

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by yahn goodey
its a mistake to even begin to think that G-D is being represented by the institutions ; governmental or religious in this world.

Indeed. The pope is claiming to be God's representative on this earth. Still he calls himself father. What did Jesus say about calling anyone father on earth? Atleast people without children? Well he prohibited it. The pope is the son of perdition, the most unclean and the man of iniquity. The false prophet in his own blasphemic person. Easter, Sunday worship, Christmas, worshipping the sons of god and saints, idolism, genocide, theft, the list is so long I shouldn't even have to start.

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 02:55 PM
link   

...supposedly.

It became apparent during the course of discussion in another thread of mine that there are actually people who whole-heartedly believe the following:

First off, the statement at the end regarding 'those sane ones' is going to ruffle quite a few 'Christian' feathers.

However, I must agree with you that the evidence is plain now. I have always believed in Christ and the message. However, through doing something that I had always been encouraged NOT to do by my Christian leaders, I questioned and questioned and researched. What I have found is that there are WAY too many inconsistencies in the Bible and the teachings beeing crammed down people's throats at Church every Sunday.

Let me make this clear though. I do think that the community churches have a good impact on the said community. I just believe that the larger entities within the church are the ones that we need to watch out for.

So, onto the topic. It comes back to the inconsistencies. Every single time something comes up in the Bible that isn't consistent or questions the intent of the church you will hear them say that a: it is the work of the devil who planted those mistakes there; or b: it is a misinterpretation.

The Christian faith has lead to many more deaths on this planet probably than all natural disasters combined ten times over!

So, when the idea that Jesus didn't indeed come into this world they way we are told he did crops up we receive heated denial from our Christian friends. They go against what they claim to believe is the word of Christ (to Love Thy Neighbor) and they attack you and in many cases stop any form of contact. They say it is the devil that planted those stories that predate Christ by up to 100 centuries! So many stories over and over that resemble his story almost to the 'T'.

Even the history of where Easter came from is at least 2000 years older than Christ and, amazingly enough, the entity involved died and rose 3 days later!

One more REALLY big and REALLY valid question. If Jesus truly was God on earth as the Christian faith insists then tell me this. Why would God beg to have the cup taketh from his lips? Why would this God in a man's body beg to have the task supposedly set forth for him to remove the sins of man removed from him? Why would he show any form of weakness if he was God?

Think people. If you are a good Christian then you know that it just isn't right to question your leadership. That is what we are told by our Bible. However, I say that God intends you to question your leadership. God intends you to discover for yourself the truth that is being kept from you.

I could go on and on but I think I had better jump off my soap box for now.

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Neo Christian Mystic

Therefore I say that scripture is not infallable, and actually, both scripture and religion (if you prefer to view them as seperate things) are fallable and capable of terrible things. So it is my belief that either God is genuinely fallable himself, or, more likely, the scriptures are as much a product of man and all of his faults as religion is.

I think you really hit this one right on the head. How many hands have touched the scriptures? How many interpretations? How many versions of the Bible are there? A word here, a word there....That's not too bad some will say. However, by simply changing a word here and a word there one can literally change the meaning of a book. Mans influence on the Bible and other religious texts is so obvious when one truly looks at them that people should be slapped for swallowing it without thought of their own. The sad thing is that in many countries the people can't even read the texts so their leaders can pretty much tell them whatever the heck they want and they will believe it as the word of their god.

There is a God, a source to all. But the Christian god does not seem to be such.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join