It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Demons Created All Non-Christian Mythology!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Cythraul

This reminds me of a story my mother told me, when I was a kid, to explain false religions.
A man catches a Leprechaun.
He demands to be shown where the Leprechaun hid his gold.
He goes ahead and shows the man where it is buried.
The man cuts an x on the tree there it is and leaves to get his shovel.
When the man returns, he finds every tree in the forest has an x cut into it.
So, her explaination was that satan goes about creating false religions to make it harder to find the real one.
Personaly, I think a lot of things are possible and demons do exist if you want them to.
If you create a whole culture that is designed to attract these demons, they obtain power from the believers and can do all sorts of things to make it impossible to escape and it just getts more powerful from one generation to the next.
I do not think all the gods of myths were actualy demons.
I think there were people who had extra power by the help of demons.

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Neo Christian Mystic
Isaiah 19:25 The Lord Almighty will bless them, saying, "Blessed be Egypt my people, Assyria my handiwork, and Israel my inheritance."

God is the inspiration for all nations and religions. There is only one God.

Oh thank goodness, that proves it then. I was starting to worry people might not have the answer written down somewhere, thousands of years ago by a raving lunatic.

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cythraul
The reason that there are so many similarities between the story of Jesus Christ and certain ancient traditions (such as Horus in Egypt, Krishna of India, Dionysus of Greece, Mithra of Persia) is because demons pre-empted the coming of Christ and acted out these stories so as to confuse man and deter him from the truth.

Demons are responsible for most if not all falsehoods in relation to Christianity and the Truth. Their sole purpose is to deter mankind FROM the truth so they have no hope for eternal life - just as the demons themselves have no hope for eternal life.

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Neo Christian Mystic

Originally posted by junglejake
If taken out of context, perhaps, but all scripture should be interpreted as a whole. However, if we were to take that to mean that Astrology is a way to know God, it would be in direct contradiction with Daniel 4:7 and Daniel 2:27. In addition to that, it disregards the contempt of God as spoken through Isaiah in Isaiah 47:13:

All the counsel you have received has only worn you out!
Let your astrologers come forward,
those stargazers who make predictions month by month,
let them save you from what is coming upon you.

(To read it in context and see the contemptuous manner in which this was spoken, read Isaiah 47.)

Indeed. Remember that God says this about prophets too. Read 1 Kings 22 to see how God sends the Holy Ghost to be a lying spirit in the mouths of all the prophets of the court of king Akab of Israel. Without the Spirit of Truth we cannot read anything from either the heavens or scripture.

Holy Ghost?

In this particular scripture and context, please illustrate where God said this 'lying spirit' was the Holy Spirit?

I'd be careful there if I were you.

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheWalkingFox
It's just as easy to point out that Christianity was simply a Roman invention in order to get the people of the East Mediterranean to accept the emperor as God. I mean hey, if my religion was inspired by your demons, then yours is inspired by their rulers, right?

I don't follow... Granted, scripture states that Christians should obey their rulers as God is the one who placed them in those positions of power, but at the same time it states that we should not obey a ruler over the rule of God. Considering the context of when Paul wrote that we should obey our rulers, as Christians were being persecuted and the storm that was on the horizon was looming only to explode in resultant Christians being thrown to the lions, I don't really understand how it could have been in Roman emperors best interests to create such a religion... Nor how those emperors could have been so incredibly wise as to make it fit completely with the Jewish scriptures (which were not mainstream in Rome, by the way).

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Why do Christians always have to blame it on Satan? If anyone carries the sins of this world on his shoulders it would be Satan. How he has been blamed for what general ignorance has produced. I'd say like Jude:

Jude 1:9 But even the archangel Michael, when he was disputing with the devil about the body of Moses, did not dare to bring a slanderous accusation against him, but said, "The Lord rebuke you!"

Oh the furnace of Hell is prepared for many....

*Chanting on "Sympathy for the Devil" by Stones*

"And I was round when Jesus Christ had his moment of doubt and pain
Made damn sure that Pilate washed his hands and sealed his fate
Pleased to meet you! Hope you guess my name!"

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 03:42 PM
link   
to answer something people questioned how the demons may have known Jesus was to come simple sense the beginning there have been prophets of God the first was a grandson of Cain his name was Enoch.....but there were just other who knew what Gods plan was because angels were also here as angels for the longest angel would just there among people and people knew they were angel cause well they had wings and weapon and strange clothing but anyways people knew that Jesus was coming that God had planned a way to get to spend time in heaven with man even if it meant he himself must get tortured and die in order to get man to heaven with him.......all other religion are man's search for God Christianity is God's search for man......but in man's search has been deceived and saw amazing things and signs by demons and worshiped them as gods demons saw how man respond so they demanded worship and attention some terrible demons even asked for the newborns so that they could further destroy man's progression and man's hope for something better....a good demonstration would be watch any movie where someone would go back in time mostly medieval times they went with what like a tape player and a lighter....and these people were wizards....and in real life times waaaay before this demon capable of flying energy distortion element summoning shape-shifting appeared as gods to these ancient people

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Neo Christian Mystic

That's an important point that many Christians don't always recognize, and one that has gotten me many questions when I mention that I respect the Enemy, but don't much care for him. It does not mean, though, that we are to be ignorant of his wiles. Many people give him far more power than he has, thereby abdicating themselves of any fault, but many more give him far too little. Satan is considered the prince of the air, and Christ spent much time casting out demons and addressing the demonic in His ministry. To say they don't play a role in attempting to direct where we go as individuals or as a society would be to ignore Christ's rebuke to Peter when Peter assured Him that He would not die nor have to die.

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Hey JJ.. I'm enjoying your posts and get your last point very clearly and have understood this for myself for quite some time now. The only point I want to inject for right now is I would be careful would you attach to the Holy Spirit. If you want to make the Holy Triu-Union God an accomplice to evil, do so at your own grievous peril.

How God uses evil like a pawn and keeps His hands clean is still somewhat of a mystery to me and is worthy of a great discussion in it's own thread but I'm going to take the God of the Bible's word for it. He is Holy, period.

Regardless of what anyone rationalizes, the Bible draws a VERY succinct line between what's Holy and what's not.

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Personally I take it as the christians trying to validify their beliefs and religion in any way possible. But think of it this way: They claim Christmas and Easter are christian holidays, when Christmas is a pagan holiday; the Christmas tree is a pagan thing and there are scholars who agree Jesus could not have been born at that time. Easter is also a pagan holiday which was adapted into Christianity. It's not that other religions exist to confuse potential believers in Jesus, it's the other way around: Christianity exists because of earlier religions. Many things in the christian religon were taken/stolen/adapted from others.

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by junglejake

Well, the Romans had hijacked religion before. They subsumed the Egyptian religion (such as it was at the time) after conquest, and they did the same in Gaul and Eastern Europe. Is it too difficult to imagine that it'd be possible they did the same in Judea to try to quell the uprisings there?

I'm not saying that this is what happened. Simply that it's, at the very least, as plausible as the idea that future-seeing, time-traveling, Abrahamic-themed demons have been creating every single religion on earth except Judaism and Christianity.

I mean hey. If someone's going to tell me I'm worshiping demons, I can counter that they're worshiping some dead Roman emperors, right?

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 04:46 PM
link   
There should be no doubt about how the policy of the Catholics was: To assimilate and integrate pagan feasts and traditions in order to be allowed into power and in order to be a choice among peasants and laymen. Norway would never have become Christian if we couldn't still celebrate Jul (Christmas, from Jule the month or Jolnir a name of Odin). Easter is from Mesopotamia and is basically a Venus or Astarte fest. Passover demands unleavened bread for a week and the sacrifice of a lamb to commemorate the story about when God brought Israel out of Egypt, how he killed all the firstborns. Easter is a death mass, focusing about human sacrifice, the oposite.

[edit on 9/4/2008 by Neo Christian Mystic]

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 04:48 PM
link   
I'm a Christian. I think that is a ridculious conclution. God trys to speak to every generation and culture. It is all about how clear of a channel
they have.
The Devil doesn't want man to have any truth.

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by runetang
reply to post by shiman

zeitgeist is terrible.

i suggest you watch one of the many zeitgeist debunked videos.

just the first part about jesus. alot of it might be crap, but this part seems to make sence.

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Indeed, but scripture isn't always more righteous than the religion based upon it - usually it is - but sometimes not. For example, if my memory serves me correctly, the Old Testament God commands that unbelievers should be fought and killed, much like the Islamic Qur'an. Nowadays, Christians prefer to ignore this aspect of scripture or find a contradicting one in the New Testament which preaches forgiveness. This is a good thing, it is a good thing that in this case, scripture has been ignored for the sake of the religion based upon it.

Firstly, I would have to agree that any scriptures substance must be gauged by the transparency of knowledge that can be subjugated for use in any time or space by humanity/intelligent life. Though to take scriptures, which are basically testimonials on face value --after multiple translations in multiple language-- is purely ignorant. Any person who has studied language understands many times there is no translation or equivlent in spoken and written word. Also a scipture is a testimonial by a prophet, therefore the character of this prophet must be weighed.
What is more important then the truth value is the content, by way of moral to each story or event within religious text.

Albert Einstein -

Science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind.

Also note * Islam is a derivitive of Christianity--Muhammed saw the angel Michael in the desert and who was his main inspiration, that's where the paralells come in. Same with pagan practices in Christianity and Judaism, pagan practices were adopted and modified by a secular authority to control or unify people of particular cultures.

Therefore I say that scripture is not infallable, and actually, both scripture and religion (if you prefer to view them as seperate things) are fallable and capable of terrible things. So it is my belief that either God is genuinely fallable himself, or, more likely, the scriptures are as much a product of man and all of his faults as religion is.

You argue scripture is not infallable, though what is? Humanity is the x factor not the religious text themselves. Just as it is written in the Bible, man has free choice, with choice comes a burden. Be that burden of guilt for ones actions or anothers success by way of those same actions. Humanity will continue to guide its actions by way of what an individual can live with and it is not who or what we believe, but who or what we surround ourselves with that tells our character. Newton's third law states -

For every action there is an oppossite and equal reaction.

Why should it be any different on a spiritual standpoint? Ethics are working morals, morals are derived from belief, many people belive in higher powers within or outside themselves. What seems to be the prevailing factor in religious text, --pagan or not-- is the fact that god/gods are outside of human understanding and perpetually fluid like science, individuals must choose; by free will where they fall in the grand scheme of life and the consequences of those actions; in this life and the next. So to atack religions is ridiculous, to attack scriptures are ridiculous, to question ones beliefs is acceptable, but to judge them on those beliefs is above your paygrade.

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 05:28 PM
link   
all religions are based on astrology. holidays stolen from pagan rituals.
this is just my opinion. i mean no disrespect to anyone.

[edit on 4/9/2008 by keeff]

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Quite simply because it is the pinnacle of arrogance, and completely belittles the world's pre-Christian cultures, showing them absolutely no respect.

I take it you're of the Christian persuasion yourself. What do you think about this concept? Do you believe the ancient world to be a lie?

God thinks its arrogance and pride to set any other religion above him, The bible says it clearly there is only one true living God. All others are dead Gods either made up by man or doctrines of demons. God does not respec any other Religion, In 1 samuel 5: 2-5 the philistines set the ark of the covenant in the temple of dagon and set it by dagon, in the morning they arose to find the statue of dagon fallen on its face before the ark, the priests put it back in its proper place only to find it again in the morning fallen on is face but this time with its palms broken off and only its torso was left of it.

Its not belittling to speak the truth, it is belittling to call someone else insane when it is not the truth. if you think this is belittling note that the bible says that every knee shall bow to Jesus and every tongue will confess to God, so that means one day you will bow and confess.

Keeper

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 06:19 PM
link   

...supposedly.

The reason that there are so many similarities between the story of Jesus Christ and certain ancient traditions (such as Horus in Egypt, Krishna of India, Dionysus of Greece, Mithra of Persia) is because demons pre-empted the coming of Christ and acted out these stories so as to confuse man and deter him from the truth.

Many Biblical scholars have concluded, Christianity and it's mythical concepts were stolen & copied from these pre-christian civilizations.

But, Christians had to 'up the theatrics anti' to suit their agenda at the time, with wild storys of daughters seducing their 80 year old father, Aircraft carriers in whales stomaches, drunken orgies, salt pillars... you know the ones.

Those who are in the know... understand the Bible is nothing more than 'mythological stories 101' reguarding Jesus Christ.

Not to say he didn't actually exist... But... We all know Egypt is the father of all things spiritual & intelliectual. Other puppet religous factions were started thousands of years after Egypt invented the modern concept of thinking.

Egypt is the real deal... numero uno! false gods, phallic symbols and all...

Your quote should read like this... "because demons pre-empted the power of a African nation called Egypt... implimenting a stone-age reverse freedom of information act... Christianity was acted out so as to confuse man and deter him from the truth for thousands of years."

[edit on 9-4-2008 by Level X]

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 07:13 PM
link   
reply to post by ForestSanctuary

No, Christianity just used already in place celebrations; as the days to celebrate their holidays. Sorry that got you all confussed and stuff.

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Greetings All,

There is such a wide variety of OPINION on this topic whether it comes from a Utube video, website, book or other source, the very question of:

Is Jesus Christ real or is his life story just another duplicate life story of say Horus, Krishna, Dionysus or Mithra.
All born of a virgin,
Performed great miracles,
Healed the sick, blind etc.
Walked on water,
Crucified,
Raised after 3 days and 3 nights

I am not on one side or another here but will suggest this very thing that I believe MUST be considered.

If Jesus Christ let’s say is truly what HE is shown to be in the new testament as we know it. Then we must believe there is indeed a Satan who is indeed the devil and continually working on deceiving all life on this planet. Now if Jesus Christ let’s say is the true one and only SON of GOD who came into this world to take away the sins of the world and save everyone who believes on his name, as Jesus Christ states
“No man comes unto the father but by me”.

NOW Let’s just consider that this is true:

Now if it is true that Jesus is the Christ the true Son Of God that came into this world to take away the sins of the world for everyone who believes on HIS NAME then CLEARLY if there is a SATAN as spoken of by Jesus Christ in the new testament and other prophets in the bible then it would be 100% that this SATAN has planned every deception possible to man to STEER them away from this very TRUTH.

WHAT TRUTH?

The TRUTH of that Jesus Christ is the TRUE Son of GOD and the only way back to Heaven or our Father in Heaven as we know it. CLEARLY if this is true SATAN would use everything in earthly power and beyond our wildest imagination creating up stories and false doctrines, including all other religions or myths etc on deceiving the world and misleading as many as he can away from the one and only JESUS CHRIST the true SON OF GOD. That is a fact if this is all true let’s keep an open mind to possibilities.

SO: If SATAN exists we know JESUS CHRIST does and he is the TRUE Son Of God. Now if that was the case Satan would have already known all things that would ever take place on this world in advance and would have planned since the beginning of time ways on discrediting the birth , death and resurrection of JESUS CHRIST in every way shape or form imaginable and beyond including the very stories of Horus, Krishna, Dionysus and Mirtha.

Now I am not saying this is the way it is but I am saying if
JESUS CHRIST truly does lead us back to Heaven and ONLY
Through HIS NAME can all mankind be saved than

ISN’T IT a great possibility most are being deceived?

If it’s NOT TRUE it’s at least something to consider because WHO KNOWS our very souls and eternal existence could depend on us believing in this one person JESUS CHRIST.
Well one thing I do believe is that all of us know RIGHT from WRONG and the teachings of JESUS CHRIST do seem to be RIGHT or PURE LOVE in the purest form.

Forgiving our enemies, doing good to those who treat us badly, pray for those who despitefully use us, giving to the poor, not setting our hearts on worldly riches or possessions, treating others as we would want them to treat us. Etc. etc. etc.

IF SATAN does exist we could never underestimate the power of a Satan and his possibly billions of fallen angels all continually working to deceive mankind from believing in Jesus Christ and his teachings , so sure it is POSSIBLE that JESUS CHRIST is the true one and only SON OF GOD and the only way back to a place everyone was intended to go.

We shouldn’t rule out all possibilities!

Our very souls and eternal existence could depend on this very question when we die…

DID YOU BELIEVE in my SON JESUS CHRIST that I sent into the world?

Just a thought!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join