It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mars, What the hell is going on?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 04:48 PM
link   
reply to post by jkrog08

Im trying to find it
Ask OP. He's the one who posted the picture

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by itisibrian

Okay......................OP-Can you verify this "sand people"pic whith a NASA source???????????

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by jkrog08

Okay......................OP-Can you verify this "sand people"pic whith a NASA source???????????

What pic do you need to verify?

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Wow, Very interesting find. Almost like something out of a science fiction movie. Good Job!

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Hi Everybody! People seem to have trouble finding the official NASA pictures of the "Sand People" so I thought I'd try to help out.

Here is the link to the download page: www.msss.com...

And here is the direct link to the full-quality GIF of the narrow angle image: www.msss.com...

The "Sand People" are at the bottom of the image but the strange dark features are all over the image, though they only look like people at the bottom...

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 05:21 PM
link   
reply to post by internos

The "people in the sand dunes"picture,can we see a NASA verified pic?

Also,lol,why havnt you added me as a friend internos?I added you a while ago........lol,seriously though .

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Im looking at this site www.msss.com...

However, this particular image named M17-00012 doesn't seem to be there.

Other similiar images at:
www.msss.com...
www.msss.com...

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by dave420
What's going on? It's simple. People want there to be life on Mars, so they read into pictures and "see" things they want to, not things that actually make any sense. The logical explanations are instantly discarded and replaced with fanciful, baseless assertions that fit into the "ancient civilisation" notions. Without any evidence.

Do you not see the HUGE door on the hill!? Do you consider this a natural cause? See how perfectly the lines/edges of the door is!

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by freighttrain
Do you not see the HUGE door on the hill!?

I'm willing to bet, like me, he does not see a huge door on the hill. How do you jump to door from, "large, rectangular, dark area"? That's all it is at this point....an interesting shape on an image. I could accept door.....if I could see hinges....a knob....a door knocker.....

I'm amazed how some are willing to completely suspend critical thought and leap right to "HUGE door". I'm completely on the side of "huh, that's weird".....but I find it impossible to jump to the conclusion of "door" without seeing it swing shut, or walking through it myself.

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Maybe the doorway is an ancient stargate. I must be spending too much time on here, that was the first thing I thought of when I saw it, seems like I'm the only one though.

Huge StarGate found

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrVertigo
Hi Everybody! People seem to have trouble finding the official NASA pictures of the "Sand People" so I thought I'd try to help out.

Here is the link to the download page: www.msss.com...

And here is the direct link to the full-quality GIF of the narrow angle image: www.msss.com...

The "Sand People" are at the bottom of the image but the strange dark features are all over the image, though they only look like people at the bottom...

Thanks Mr. Vertigo! I am not sure if the black things sticking out of the dunes are sticking out of the dunes or are flowing down the dunes. There are some weird curvatures in these things. I think they look like life. The pattern of occurance is not unlike grass spreading by stolinifera. I am refering to this picture BTW: dunes and plant or fungi life?

This is the best annomalie I have seen yet!

[edit on 7-4-2008 by stikkinikki]

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 06:30 PM
link   
The black things sticking out could be from whats left underneath. Maybe its some old structures that have been burried over time and those are the tops sticking out. Some look almost like they connected at some point in time.

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 07:06 PM
link   
reply to post by MrPenny

The point is, whatever it is it does not belong on so called "dead" planet! From the shape/color of it, I can only make one conclusion (if not a door) then it's a artificial object. It is not part of natural occurrence on mars to have a "black rectangle" on the hill. If it is then artificial object then its either from Us or ET. Either way we're being lied to BIG TIME!

If I were to make an assumption, I would have to say it's a entrance to a cave.

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Thanks for the link, it was faster that way.

As they have images from the red, green and blue channel I made a composite false colour image.

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 07:29 PM
link   
iv seen similar pictures in a database. the images in the dunes are a little clear i will try to find them on the server we use..

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Hmmm. Looks like swamp gas to me.

Look away folks! Nothing to see hear cept some very large geometric swamp gas! Yeah that's the ticket.

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 08:35 PM
link   
reply to post by GUNSINWAR

If you will look carefully to the right of the dark rectangular doorway in your first pic you will see a black cursive letter E. The letter S and E are the 2 most prevalent letters I have found to be used by intelligent life on Mars. Rik Riley

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 09:58 PM
link   

you get a S&F from me! The "door" pic struck me as a cave opening right from the get go. not sure it could really be anything else IMO. As for the "water geyser" pics i think what was captured here was the beginning of a dust devil that would explain the no trail in the image. The "sand people" pics definately make you think about what they could be. i'm leaning towards the crystal theory or fossilized plants. The "Coin" pic jsut blew me away! if its not a NASA fake, how in the hell did it get there if not from past or current inhabitants of mars dropping it there.

Can't dispute the original image straight from the rover site! not that NASA would ever tamper with an image
but here it is in black and white. i see ArMap posted a color image also of this same image.

mars rover website

reply to post by jkrog08

I see a monkey in the top right corner, and a humanoid skull in the lower right corner.

Originally posted by MrsEsterhouse
Hmmm. Looks like swamp gas to me.

Look away folks! Nothing to see hear cept some very large geometric swamp gas! Yeah that's the ticket.

I really hope your joking Because if anyone believes thats swamp gas, i want some of whatever they are smoking because its alot better then these cigarettes i'm smokin!

edit: spelling

[edit on 7-4-2008 by Mercenary2007]

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 10:34 PM
link   
Here is the downloaded image ass seen from IAS viewer but compressed to jpg format to be accepted in imageshack.
It looks more clear.

img155.imageshack.us...

Notice the ground all the way inside the door.
Notice the upper part of this opening.
This is the furthest it can be zoomed from IAS viewer.

It sill can be a trick of light and this "door" feature might not be symmetrical at all, but still in this light it looks very interesting.

Either it is a curved feature now filled with sand and probably ice, or it is a trick combined from the angle of light and a low resolution.

[edit on 7-4-2008 by spacebot]
edited for links

[edit on 7-4-2008 by spacebot]

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Looking at the teardrop mountain you will see what appears to be an intelligently designed ruins southwest and touching the teardrop mountain. Look for the letter X edged in the surface using the X design for reference the same ruins are at 10 o'clock. Rik Riley

[edit on 7-4-2008 by rikriley]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join