It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mars, What the hell is going on?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by freighttrain

No. I see a picture of planet taken from a couple hundred miles away. I see some odd shapes and patterns. But nothing that defies logic. Lighting, pixelation, color, and the imagination are all ganging up on this photo.

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 12:47 PM
link   
I never found the full res images. But from what I've seen, there seems to be a lot going on on the face wall. Not just a giant "door".

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Doesn't seem likt they are sharing the full resolution images withthe public.

Some of the stuff on the Nasa JPL MSSS site is ridiculously low res.

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by rocksarerocks
reply to post by rikriley

I thought I debunked your ridiculous posts when you supported that F.A.S.T.
hoax? When are you going to stop littering this forum with complete and utter nonsense? I DARE one person to back up this guys ridiculous claims of seeing humanoids, people, and technology in virtually every single picture he sees on here. It's seriously getting old quickly.

Rik Riley was debunked a week ago by supporting the F.A.S.T. hoax in which he said he saw "SO MANY HUMANOIDS" in the fake pictures posted here.

Rik, those were models. Everyone else might let this crap slide but it is ruining the REAL research on these forums.

[edit on 8-4-2008 by rocksarerocks]

You are way out in left field and show me where I was debunked. You are a disinformation agent prove me wrong and what agency do you work for rocks? You may think you can belittle or intimidate me but dream on rocks.

You mean to tell me you can not see the cursive Letter E to the right of the rectangular dark image on the face of the oval mountain. I have come to the conclusion you can not stand yourself and are so jealous of me because of what I see on Mars it hurts. But by all means keep on trying and trying and trying to debunk me if that makes you happy. Rik Riley

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlasteR

Originally posted by QBSneak000
Well if the object is approximately 200m long...its a big door.

Its funny though with all the possible "door" photo's that the doors always seem to be open. I suppose if it is an ancient building though, decay and erosion would explain that.

I see nothing that cannot be explained/debunked by completely normal means.

[edit on 7-4-2008 by BlasteR]

Please!!!................Debunk away!!!!!.... but with Scientific analysis!!! If you're going to make a statement like that.. then you should back it up.

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by stikkinikki

Maybe it's the very beginning of one...where it just begins to form BEFORE it starts it's travel?

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by battlestargalactica
Well if we knew all the answers we wouldn't be posting would we? Then there wouldn't be a forum board called ATS either..How boring.

The problem is not with the folks who post images of odd-looking things and ask, "What do you suppose could have made this shape?"

The problem is with people leaping in and berating others for not being able to spot the "obvious proof of artifacts and intelligence on Mars!" Or, "Wow, those evil bastards at NASA/JPL are really trying to hide The Truth from us," when they're looking at images provided by NASA/JPL. Who's hiding what, now?

I just get sick of the constant lack of reason and logical thought displayed by so many people here. No matter how many times it's repeated, people just refuse to understand that blurry images and vague shapes are not proof of anything. They don't get that denying ignorance is not about jumping to an unfounded conclusion that happens to fit their personal beliefs.

Just tired of all the proud stupidity. I should stop coming to this forum and let the idiots have their fun. Something about arguing with a pig...

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by jkrog08

Good post jkrog08! I'm with you on the sand people/structures which I never thought of as something is protruding from underneath.

Here's my take...(no i'm not a scientist, just my observations)

DUNES
The dunes look normal to me .........however most look identical to others but I do know that dunes on Earth also look similar to others as well... Is there anyway that someone on ATS can/can not confirm digital manipulation ?(photo shopped) Could the dunes been digitally duplicated some how before they were posted to public? We'll might never know & I'm not sure if it was posted up yet. If so, my bad.

THE DOOR
The outline doesn't look quite like it was 'cut out' IMO because of it's shape. Could there have been a cavern underneath with either water/lava flowing through it and it got washed away, wherein, breaking way what we see now?

THE COIN
When I ask my wife last night what she thought of the coin picture without telling her it was on Mars, she exclaimed.."wow.. that looks like a coin..where is that again? When I told her she just raised her eyebrows and said.. "you're kidding me?!"

Not sure what to say about the coin. Awesome pic!
The other picture which was posted of the coin in a different angle has no NASA ID whatsoever on it and it doesn't look like the same picture, plus the clarity is bad. If someone can present that picture of the coin from a different angle WITH NASA tag on the pic .. I'd like to see it.

I can't conclude that natural occurrences can form such a phenomenon; since the winds would have to naturally blow constantly in the same exact direction, over a extreme, very long period of time. It's not natural IMO. It was either placed,dropped there or was part of some structure or part of an artifact at one time and fell/broke off.

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Komodo

Here's a full page of the 'coin' photos.....right off the jpl site
marsrovers.jpl.nasa.gov...

Here's another rock from a few lines down on the same site.....both of these photos are the same rock, and taken from the same angle, as far as I can tell. So why do they look soooo different?? Is it just a change of focus, light, contrast?? Is it an optical illusion or has the rock 'opened' like an oyster shell??

It's from this page,bottom row
marsrovers.jpl.nasa.gov...

panoramic camera, Sol 1398

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by turbosciencewig

The image Internos posted on the first page is the highest resolution available, 25 centimetres per pixel, meaning that that image represents an area 248 metres wide by 345 metres high.

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Komodo

Maybe it's the very beginning of one...where it just begins to form BEFORE it starts it's travel?

100% valid point taken! I am just making observations and am nowhere near to making conclusions. This is so much more exciting than the limited pictures from the 70's and 80's.

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by frayed1
reply to post by Komodo

..both of these photos are the same rock, and taken from the same angle, as far as I can tell. So why do they look soooo different??

Has anyone sufficiently answered your question?
Just wondering maybe I missed something. Good find

The rocks do look different, but the resolution between the two images are different, the encoding or transfer from 0's and 1's to an image (from nasa raw data) may account for the differences. It almost looks to be a negative in some areas of the 2nd image.

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Looks to me like this doorway could simply be a shadow, fits in with the rest of the shadow directions.
Look to the immediate right of the 'doorway', there is clearly a rock outcropping casting it's shadow.
If you look real close you can see it really doesn't seem to go that far in, you can see the rough wall in the darkness.
(unless of course it's a door, but methinks a shadow it is)

Hmmm, seems BlasteR already pointed this out, I did not read all the posts at time of this posting.

[edit on 8-4-2008 by Toadmund]

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Comparison between your quote and my original post:

Originally posted by stikkinikki

Originally posted by internos

Images for comparison:

[edit on 7/4/2008 by internos]

Originally posted by internos
Images for comparison:

Dust Devils at Gusev, Sol 525

stikkinikki, please when you quote me, just check that the quote doesn't change the meaning of the original post.

So it looks like i've posted just that one

[edit on 11/4/2008 by internos]

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 10:22 PM
link   
I'm going to lean in favor of this being more than just an ordinary rock that has the occasional doorway due to the additional protrusion on left hand side of said doorway and the 'slice' on the same side. Star anf Flag for you Guns

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 12:25 AM
link   
reply to post by spikedmilk

Thankyou Spike for pointing it out! Nice work! thanks again!

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 06:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by spikedmilk
I'm going to lean in favor of this being more than just an ordinary rock that has the occasional doorway due to the additional protrusion on left hand side of said doorway and the 'slice' on the same side

What exactly is it that you see there?
Could you explain in more detail.

PS, Your pic clearly shows there is no doorway there, just a shadow.

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 06:36 AM
link   
Agreed. That pic shows no door way. I'm not sure what else he is trying to denote with the added drawings...

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 07:03 AM
link   
Toadmund..Del, look in the red circle... that area appears to be protruding from the 'rock' and almost looks smoother as compared to the rest of the surface texture of the rock. Next, my arrows are pointing to the 'wedge' or 'slice' as I had called it. It seems to be (or have been at one time maybe if not for surface texture) an even cut from the top of the rock to the bottom.

If you are asking me to identify what they are supposed to be...good luck on that friends
, I'm merely pointing out what sticks out to me that indicates that this may have been more than just a rock at one time.

spikeD.

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 07:53 AM
link   
Hey there again Guns, please take no offence to this
, but I found a similiar thread with some similar pictures in regards to the dunes....take a look at the pic , what do you think?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 9-4-2008 by spikedmilk]

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join